Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Cucumber's Avatar
Cucumber Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,028
Send a message via AIM to Cucumber
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Im unsure of what you meant, if you were saying the wifi league only takes legit users my response would be the wifi league has nothing to do with what im talking about. It has its own set of rules. What I am talking about is a donation thread that new members can access so they can get pokemon to battle with.

I personally think clans should implement a members rewards system. A free pokemon for signing up, another free pokemon after they have been active for a week, another after two weeks. So on and so forth.
Sorry for the double post but that is a good idea. We would just need some cloners who would be willing to help out.
__________________
PO Username: cucumber.
[VPP]
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
Sorry for the double post but that is a good idea. We would just need some cloners who would be willing to help out.
Well I am a cloner, and So is TE/Corey. Also Ill looking into that program.
I would love to have more po/showdown battlers on the forum! its just not easy to recruit them.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Lost Soul's Avatar
Lost Soul Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

i'm ok with 8 members, and i can clone, when i get my wifi setup, i can also record wifi battles on my pc using desmume and camtasia, (camtasia isn't a free program IIRC), i just need the vid numbers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
i'm ok with 8 members, and i can clone, when i get my wifi setup, i can also record wifi battles on my pc using desmume and camtasia, (camtasia isn't a free program IIRC), i just need the vid numbers
Thanks for volunteering ! Make sure to post in the Pokemon of the week or month thread once its up ! Also being a cloner helps, once you can let me know. I will be posting two threads for suggested pokemon, im going to need everyones help with suggestions of pokemon the shop needs and pokemon that people can help donate.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Daigon's Avatar
Daigon Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Posts: 1,631
Send a message via AIM to Daigon
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Thanks for volunteering ! Make sure to post in the Pokemon of the week or month thread once its up ! Also being a cloner helps, once you can let me know. I will be posting two threads for suggested pokemon, im going to need everyones help with suggestions of pokemon the shop needs and pokemon that people can help donate.

I also can clone
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Awesome, well I think I'm going to make it official clans are sizes will be dropped down to 8 Active Members. With one exception, you will be allowed to have 2 members on your away list. You can do this with members who say they will be coming back in awhile. If they come back while you have eight they will not be able to battle in tournaments or wars, until they get places on your active members list. This is to encourage you to not hold on to members who will come and go as they please.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

I havent gotten any feedback on my last post. Im going to take that as everyone is okay with it. If either of the leaders or anyone has something to say please do it now. I will be closing this thread tomorrow. Once I close it the new rule will be in place.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Elite_Battle_Master's Avatar
Elite_Battle_Master Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Undella Bay, Unova
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

There is one simple way to recruit new members/battlers to PE2K; Hard Work.

Smogon is one of the top destinations for battling/strategy because they have a team of core members who pick apart the metagame each and every day. The solid veterans at strategy battling will always be over at Smogon/Serebii.

TUST, if you want to re-create PE2K into a top destination, you need to find a core group of members here at PE2K who will help you. I'm talking recording videos and uploading them to a specific YouTube channel where people who aren't members at PE2K will eventually stumble across the video and watch it. To hold their interest, make sure you actually have members who know what they are talking about.

Open up a teaching school thread/forum where you have knowledgeable members who want to help teach new battlers how to battle. Unfortunately, the standard metagame right now is insanely complex so when you start throwing around the terms OU, UU, EV's, IV's, cloning, pokerus, sav'd, RNG, etc., you have already confused them.

For example, my cousin (who was actually the person who introduced me to pokemon many eons ago, lol) stopped competitively battling because there is SO MANY things that a serious battler on WiFi has to do just to even have a chance at a 1v1 battle. If you don't have all of the knowledge and commitment to learn everything there is to know, you will never succeed as a battler and no one likes losing. Most people do not have the time nor patience to EV train/IV breed for hours on end (PO is great for these types of people).

Simply put, to make PE2K a future top destination for battlers, a lot of work needs to be done. There needs to be a very simple step by step thread that goes through EVERY subject there is for competitive battling. After that, you need a support staff to help coach/train these new battlers. Then, you need the support from those same staff members to dedicate their time putting up instruction videos or battle videos up to YouTube to help get some exposure of PE2K out there. You can't really expect someone to accidentally stumble across this site from a search in google and expect them to want to stay when there are so many things that they have probably never even heard of yet (RNG, EV's, IV's etc.).
__________________

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Okay, I got to it. We have been working on ways to get things rolling over here. The first way is still to set up a Pokemon Of the Week or month..A little different then we use to set them up. We are now planning on have people submit, youtube videos, Links to there battle vids and or po/showdown battles. The goal is to have a thread where people discuss the pokemon and at the end of a two or three week period we gather the best info, and create the article, that has great movesets, how to use them in battle. Pokemon that work well with the hightlighted pokemon or the set.

Along with that, there will be a submission thread where people can post battle logs or videos and get free pokemon.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Elite_Battle_Master's Avatar
Elite_Battle_Master Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Undella Bay, Unova
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Okay, I got to it. We have been working on ways to get things rolling over here. The first way is still to set up a Pokemon Of the Week or month..A little different then we use to set them up. We are now planning on have people submit, youtube videos, Links to there battle vids and or po/showdown battles. The goal is to have a thread where people discuss the pokemon and at the end of a two or three week period we gather the best info, and create the article, that has great movesets, how to use them in battle. Pokemon that work well with the hightlighted pokemon or the set.

Along with that, there will be a submission thread where people can post battle logs or videos and get free pokemon.
Pokemon of the month would be WAY too long of a wait. Stick to Pokemon of the Week. To be more original, don't copy the way Serebii does it. Come up with your own unique way; whether that be as you mentioned above or something like giving that pokemon away via WiFi for members participating in the discussion (certainly something I could maybe help with since I have the ability to legally clone in 4th gen and have gotten better at RNGing).
__________________

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Battle_Master View Post
Pokemon of the month would be WAY too long of a wait. Stick to Pokemon of the Week. To be more original, don't copy the way Serebii does it. Come up with your own unique way; whether that be as you mentioned above or something like giving that pokemon away via WiFi for members participating in the discussion (certainly something I could maybe help with since I have the ability to legally clone in 4th gen and have gotten better at RNGing).

The name can be changed. What Im talking about is a much different then anything serebii has ever done. Id be surprised if smogon even does anything like what IM talking about. This profile we create will be an interactive learning tool...People would be able to pick a pokemon and find how it fits in a team, watch a video of how it takes hits or what its potential is.

Giving away pokemon is something that needs to start happening because the more we get out there, the more people we can get involved in competitive battling. I mentioned this before, things have to be different here because trying to be like everywhere is not going to work.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Top theory battler reporting in, more than happy to talk my little heart off about the metagame today, i very much enjoy doing it
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Elite_Battle_Master's Avatar
Elite_Battle_Master Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Undella Bay, Unova
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
Top theory battler reporting in, more than happy to talk my little heart off about the metagame today, i very much enjoy doing it
I'm the opposite. I think the current metagame is terrible. It's filled with over-powered legendaries and is based around weather. Gen IV is where it was at.
__________________

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Battle_Master View Post
I'm the opposite. I think the current metagame is terrible. It's filled with over-powered legendaries and is based around weather. Gen IV is where it was at.
not a single legandary is overpowered bar perhaps genesect, i agree with the weather wars
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Elite_Battle_Master's Avatar
Elite_Battle_Master Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Undella Bay, Unova
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
not a single legandary is overpowered bar perhaps genesect, i agree with the weather wars
Any form of Thunderus is overpowered and the new Tornadus with Regenerator is broken.
__________________

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com