Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 PM
steve434 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

the creation is The riddle itself it is the meaning of the painting smeargle painted

Last edited by steve434; 09-24-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: add on a few words
  #17  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Oh mah gah, Sabi these are incredibly hard. XD

I believe it was a painting of Girafarig.
__________________
  #18  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 PM
steve434 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

The riddle itself is a painting everything in the riddle is the paining/sketch that smeargle drew/painted.
  #19  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Okay, as much as I like Grace's explanation, no one's gotten the right answer yet so it's hint time!

Hint: The answer is not a painting or drawing or art work. Remember, riddles are not the ovvious answer, and can sometimes have their answers hidden in them in plain sight. Take a closer look at the riddle and pay close attention to the lines. The answer might chime in.

And every gets a free answer change. XD
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
  #20  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
thirty-six's Avatar
thirty-six Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 829
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

A poem… it's still considered artistic like a smeargle but it's like having a conversation / chat like a girafarig does with itself.
__________________
  #21  
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Sealboy's Avatar
Sealboy Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I am a DINOSAUR
Posts: 3,939
Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

I'm going to guess Friendship.

Smeargle originally sets off to speak to Ho-Oh for inspiration for a piece of art, right? So, she talks to the bird Pokemon and WHAM, a Noctowl comes along and says "hi". Then, the Noctowl's friend Girafarig comes along with its tail-head in tow and joins the party. The creation? A friendship between them all. It's either that or a conversation, but I'll try to stick with the first guess. (If it is "conversation" I will bombard you with bananas xD)

~Sealboy
__________________

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
  #22  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Hidden in plain sight...

I'm guessing Inspiration.
__________________
  #23  
Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Okay, as much as I like Grace's explanation, no one's gotten the right answer yet so it's hint time!
XDDDDDDDDDDD I'm glad! BUT DARN IT. Well I'll try my best. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
I'm going to guess Friendship.

Smeargle originally sets off to speak to Ho-Oh for inspiration for a piece of art, right? So, she talks to the bird Pokemon and WHAM, a Noctowl comes along and says "hi". Then, the Noctowl's friend Girafarig comes along with its tail-head in tow and joins the party. The creation? A friendship between them all. It's either that or a conversation, but I'll try to stick with the first guess. (If it is "conversation" I will bombard you with bananas xD)

~Sealboy
OOOOOOOOOOO: You are a smart cookie.

I'm gonna guess...that...well it mentioned Smeargle's mind and then inspiration and something about both ends of a girafarig...so maybe she wanted another brain? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD And when the girafarig popped up, well that was the end of her search. She totally used the girafarig's tail for some ritual. Because it has a brain.

DUDE NOBODY CAN GUESS YOUR AWESOME RIDDLES. XDDDDDDDDDDD DO EASIER ONES! As much fun as these are.

GS.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
  #24  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Sealboy's Avatar
Sealboy Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I am a DINOSAUR
Posts: 3,939
Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
OOOOOOOOOOO: You are a smart cookie.
Well, I do try my best to be ;) Haha.

Your guess is, like, amazing :L

@TE, why do I get the feeling you gave the best answer EVER? :O
__________________

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
  #25  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

I like so many answers but I apparently made these too hard. XD

Okay so the answer I was lookin for was:

Answer: Song
Huh?

Spoiler:

This was a word letter riddle, where the answer was in the riddle and wasn’t obvious.
First thing in this Smeargle: First thing in Smeargle = S

A conversation between Ho-oh/interrupted them in the middle of their chat: Ho-oh has o’s in the middle of its name, not counting the hyphen = O

There the first character, a Noctowl: First character of Noctowl is = N

Both ends of his Girafarig friend: Both ends of Girafarig = G
SONG


New Riddle:

Meloetta was forming a singing party to celebrate this event
Before her stood five Pokémon, but she would only choose two of them
After looking at the group of Pokémon, she made her choice, though some questioned her
She then answered with; “I chose these Pokémon, because they do not make the sound of silence.”
Which two Pokémon did she pick from the below group?

Spiritomb
Linoone
Arbok
Vanilluxe
Larvesta
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
  #26  
Old 09-29-2012, 03:43 PM
dj-tiny's Avatar
dj-tiny Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: You realy want to know?
Posts: 869
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
I like so many answers but I apparently made these too hard. XD

Okay so the answer I was lookin for was:

Answer: Song
Huh?

Spoiler:

This was a word letter riddle, where the answer was in the riddle and wasn’t obvious.
First thing in this Smeargle: First thing in Smeargle = S

A conversation between Ho-oh/interrupted them in the middle of their chat: Ho-oh has o’s in the middle of its name, not counting the hyphen = O

There the first character, a Noctowl: First character of Noctowl is = N

Both ends of his Girafarig friend: Both ends of Girafarig = G
SONG


New Riddle:

Meloetta was forming a singing party to celebrate this event
Before her stood five Pokémon, but she would only choose two of them
After looking at the group of Pokémon, she made her choice, though some questioned her
She then answered with; “I chose these Pokémon, because they do not make the sound of silence.”
Which two Pokémon did she pick from the below group?

Spiritomb
Linoone
Arbok
Vanilluxe
Larvesta
Spiritomb and arbok
__________________
Click For PE2K Wi-Fi League Trainer Record

  #27  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Shiny Ditto's Avatar
Shiny Ditto Offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Hmm... This entire riddle is hard, if not for Meloetta's own hint: "Picked the ones who do not have the sound of silence".

Of course, the Pokemon she didn't pick have silent letters (or, more specifically, letters left out of their word pronunciation) in their names! Spiritomb is out, since you don't pronounce the B. Linoone is out, since, without the e, it'll still be pronounced the same.

That leaves Arbok, Larvesta, and Vanilluxe, with one of them having silent letters. My gut says Vanilluxe is the last odd one out, since I usually pronounce it va-NILL-uhx, sounding out like "uh", not the actual sound of "u". Therefore, the e is useless!


My answer: Larvesta and Arbok

(PS, so sorry if I seem a tad confusing. I'm not good at saying things right, xD)
  #28  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 AM
steve434 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

um linoone and arbok
  #29  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:00 AM
steve434 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

larvest and arbok
  #30  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Meloetta Invasion: Riddle Contest

Today is the last day people ! Hurry up and post before you miss your chance !
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com