Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Crystal's Short Stories

As the title says, the following will be short stories. I have been writing a lot lately, mainly in a Pokémon and Final Fantasy XIII crossover setting. I also have my own pairings in this setting, which does include same-sex relationships. If you read my shorts please to not flame me for the pairings. You have been warned! Also some shorts I post may not be in that setting. This is a collection of short stories I write, so content and rating will vary.

Now then this post will serve as an index, following posts will be the stories themselves or replies to any comments I receive. So I'll quite wasting time and get on with it X3

STORY INDEX
  1. Rise of Éclair PG-rated Pkmn/FFXIII x-over
  2. To Overcome Despair G/PG-rated Pkmn/FFXIII x-over
  3. Jarl's Story G-rated undecided
  4. Passing the Torch G-rated Pkmn

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 10-14-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Default Re: Crystal's Short Stories

Rise of Éclair
Setting: Pkmn/FFXIII crossover
Rating: PG
Spinel returned to her home, feeling completely drained. She had been spending time in New Bohdum, but it hadn’t gone completely as planned. Now Serah was gone, off on her own journey. The trainer didn’t ask for details about it, but was glad she at least was able to see her off. Her only request was that she comes back safely. Now the weight of it all had hit her, and the only thing the young woman wanted to do now was crawl into bed and sleep. However, it seemed like that would not be the case this evening.

“You’re home later than I expected.”

The voice startled her, and it was the only warning she had. With that voice there was always a certain Pokémon. It was less than a second before Spinel found herself on the floor, a tan badger like creature standing over her and rubbing its head under her chin. She chuckled, petting the Linoone’s neck. She then looked up to see her mother, Topaz, standing not far off. She had completely forgotten about this visit, it having been planned ahead of time. Topaz and Garnet continued to live on Cocoon when Spinel had decided to move to Gran Pulse, so they didn’t spend much family time nowadays. That doesn’t even count for how busy their occupations have been keeping them.

“I apologize. Something came up,” Spin replied, managing to push the large normal-type off of her.

“What matters is that you’re home and safe,” Topaz said, offering to help her daughter up off the ground.

The two women then walked into the kitchen, the badger following behind. On the way Spinel had released the Pokemon she had taken with her, which then scattered around the house except for her Totodile and Glaceon, the two deciding to join the group in the kitchen. After a moment to get drinks the women sat at the dinning table, the small water-type having climbed up to sit on the wooden surface.

“How are things in New Bodhum?”

“Good, from what I saw,” Spinel replied to her mother’s question. “Seems like they have things under control.”

“But something happened.”

Topaz had seen the look her daughter wore when she walked in. The look was that of depression, making her look worn out. Something must have happened, but she could not figure out exactly what.

“Serah… she’s gone.” Before she could ask, Spinel continued. “She left on a journey, and we have no clue as to when she’ll be back. Hopefully when she does she’ll have Lightning with her.”

Now that was something the older woman had not expected to hear. She had heard of the tale of the l’Cie who saved them from her daughter, the young trainer having been a part of the group. It was also revealed that over that time she had formed a crush on the soldier, but was never able to act upon it out of fear of rejection from the older woman and the situation they were in. After everything was said and done Lightning was nowhere to be found. Spinel then started to spend a lot of time with her younger sister, the two becoming fast friends. Now with her gone Topaz could only imagine how the young trainer felt. But she smiled, knowing that the main reason behind her visit would cheer her daughter up and keep her mind off of things for a while.

“I know it will be hard, dear, but it will be alright,” she spoke, getting Spinel’s attention. “And I know exactly what will help keep your mind off of this.”

Spin was confused when her mother then reached under the table. For her knowledge only Kohana the Linoone and Kailash the Glaceon were under there. Sure, Kailash could keep her busy, but even so she knew he couldn’t be what her mother was talking about. It was when the older woman brought out a small woven basket that had a blanket in it that she became more curious than confused. The basket was pushed towards her, and Spin brought it right in front of her. She pulled back the blanket slowly, not wanting to disturb whatever it hid. She gasped when she saw what it was. Under the blanket was a baby Pokémon, a Skitty to be exact. But instead of the normal pink coloring it was a nice shade of red. This was a rare colored Skitty, and for a split second she wondered how her mother came to have it. Then she looked back up at the other woman, questions buzzing around in her head.

Topaz merely chuckled. “She just hatched a couple days ago,” she explained. “She’s special, as you can see by her unique coloring. And I think you should raise her.”

Once again the young trainer looked down at the slumbering Pokémon. She could only imagine how tired it was, having traveled from Cocoon to Gran Pulse. But she smiled and lightly stroked the fur on top of her head. She got a gentle purr as a response, the Skitty not even waking. This was just what she needed, and was glad her mother brought this Pokémon to her to raise.

“What are you going to name her?”

She only needed a moment to think it over. “Éclair,” she answered. “Her name will be Éclair.”

Topaz smiled. She knew why that name was chosen, but she would not say anything about it. After all not many people were supposed to know about it. Even knowing the secret behind the name, she was glad she made the right choice. The timing couldn’t be more perfect, and she just knew that her daughter would raise Éclair to be a spectacular Pokémon.

---

The next few months had been eventful. Spinel spent a lot of time for special training with Éclair, getting her caught up with the other new members of the team. And the red Skitty was a fast learner. She had even shocked the trainer when she preformed a Thunder attack after watching a training session with the electric-types. She then learned how to use Iron Tail and Heal Bell, and Spinel was really proud of the small Pokémon. It just proved that one shouldn’t be judged just based on their size.

Now Spin was on a simple scouting mission. Anyone could have done it, really, but the trainer had been the one to accept it. It would be a nice change of pace from the other jobs she had been doing and it gave her some time to spend with her Pokémon. Ren and Éclair were the ones currently out of their balls and had run ahead. They were to scout out a cave for a good digging site, this location being known for the evolutionary stones in its cave walls. Supplies were starting to run low so it was time to start digging again. This would also provide a good opportunity to find a Moon Stone in case Éclair decided she wanted to evolve.

“Don’t run too far,” Spinel then spoke, noticing the two ran straight into the cave.

“We won’t!” she heard Ren reply, just barely being able to make out their shapes.

Another reason the area needed to be scouted out beforehand was to ensure that no Pokémon or creatures had decided to call this place home. There have been a few instances when there have been a nesting Pokémon or creatures, mainly Behemoths, that needed to be driven out. However Spinel has been to this location many times and the only thing she would have to worry about were wild Pokémon looking for a stone to help them evolve, and those were easy to deal with. It also didn’t hurt that she could understand their language.

So far there hadn’t been any encounters, and that was something that put the trainer a little on edge. Not even a wild Pokémon searching for one of the stones. It could be that it was just the time of day, but even so there wasn’t any evidence that anything had been here in the past couple days. Also there were a lot of loose stones that the young woman didn’t recall seeing last time. Even so she still had a strange feeling about this and was glad she had told those who came with her to stay at the entrance.

About halfway into the cavern was when things changed. Spin could see that Ren and Éclair had stopped to look at some of the evolutionary stones that had fallen off of the cave wall, ones that were commonly used on Eevee. She smiled at the two, and not even a moment afterwards the ground started to shake. It intensified in seconds, and before anyone could react the cave roof caved in. If there was shouting or a scream it was drowned out by the sound of the falling rubble. Dust blinded everyone’s view and took several minutes to clear. When it did, the two small Pokemon gasped at what they saw. Their trainer had been pinned from the waist down under the rubble, the wall of rocks completely blocking the pathway to the entrance. They rushed to her side, making sure she was still alive.

Spinel grunted, doing her best to not show weakness in front of her Pokémon. “I’ll be okay,” she said, her voice strained.

“We have to get you out!” Éclair said, panicked.

“I don’t have… anyone with me that could… destroy the rocks without… risk of hurting me more,” the trainer managed to say between deep breathes.

The team she had on her now was based on power, having prepared for any native Gran Pulse creature that might have stumbled into this cave. But behind stuck under a pile of rocks from a cave-in was not one of the things she had planned for. She didn’t want to risk any further injury, already feeling extreme pain in both of her legs. Not to mention she couldn’t even reach the other Pokéballs she had with her with the rocks going up to her waist, the spheres being in a thigh pouch. She sighed heavily with a shaky breath, looking up at the cave ceiling. She could only hope now that the rest of her team had heard the cave-in and would come to help her out.

“I found something!”

The trainer turned her head to see her Totodile holding a stone. If one weren’t trained it would have looked like an ordinary rock. But that wasn’t the case here. Ren was holding a Moon Stone as she walked up to show her trainer. Spinel took it from the water-type and looked at it closely, confirming it was indeed what she thought it was. It was the very thing she personally wanted to find, but under better circumstances.

“If I touch that, I’ll evolve and become stronger. I could even become strong enough to get you out,” Éclair meowed, looking at the stone in the woman’s hand.

“Éclair,” Spinel spoke, her voice serious, “you don’t have to do that for me. I don’t want you to evolve if you don’t want to.”

“I want to!” the feline protested with a hiss. “If it means getting you out and to help, then I’ll do it! I won’t regret anything!”

This was a side of the Skitty she hadn’t previously seen. Normally the kitten was happy, bouncing around and having fun. Spin didn’t think she would have become this determined or protective, still being young. However she wasn’t going to deny the request. She presented the stone to the normal-type, who didn’t even hesitate in touching it. A quick moment passed before she started to glow and change shape, becoming bigger in size and her outline changing. It wasn’t long before the light faded and where the rose colored Skitty once stood was a Delcatty. Just like before she wasn’t the normal color of her species, the red coloring passing on to her fur instead of where it would have been a pale violet. Her eyes were also a different color from both the normal coloring and her rare coloring. Éclair’s eyes were a striking blue, instantly reminding the trainer of someone.

But the thought didn’t last long as she then groaned in pain, the rocks having shifted on their own from their weight. The Delcatty didn’t hesitate after that, turning and jumping up as high as she could. Her tail started to glow, and at first Spinel and Ren thought it might have been Iron Tail. But when the feline’s tail continued to glow instead of turning metallic the trainer realized it wasn’t the steel-type move. This was a new technique all together, one her previous form could not learn. It was confirmed when she spun midair and smashed her tail against the top rocks, smashing them without causing the whole structure to shift or others to move. Éclair learned Rock Smash instantly after evolving, just to help her trainer out of the current situation she was in. With precise control of her power and perfect aim the Delcatty worked her way downwards, figuring out it be the best way in freeing the trainer.

It took some time, the feline making sure she didn’t cause the trapped woman more harm while freeing her, but it had been worth it. Without causing another cave-in or having the rocks shift to undo the work that had been done, Spinel was able to pull herself out when there was enough room. She couldn’t hold back sounds of discomfort as she crawled backwards to get her legs out, now could she hide the disheartening expression she wore when she saw the damage. All she could see was torn cloth, gashes, and blood. She didn’t want to get a closer look, just wanting to get out of the cave. She reached into her thigh pouch and pulled out one of the Pokéballs, releasing her Nidoking a second later. Alistair was at first shocked when he saw the situation, but soon shook it off and gently picked Spin up. The Pokémon then rushed out of the cave to meet the rest of the squad, who then wasted no time to call in for emergency medical care. The rest was a blur to the trainer, not even realizing she was soon being loaded into an air ship to be taken to the nearest hospital. All she could think about was how grateful she was to have had Éclair with her, not wanting to know what could have happened if she wasn’t present.

---

Spinel was confused when she next woke up, not even remembering going to sleep. At first the lights blinded her, causing her to close her eyes on instinct so she didn’t get a migraine. Taking a few moments to get used to it she then looked around her surroundings. White walls and ceiling, barely any decorations, and uncomfortable bed with plain sheets meant only one thing: Spin was in a hospital. She hated being in them, and at first was wondering why she was there. It was then that everything came back. She pulled the sheets back, hoping that what she was remembering was only a bad dream, however her fears were realized. Her legs were bandaged, some red patches here and there on both of them, and she could barely feel the limbs at all.

She felt herself about to panic, however she took a deep breath to prevent it and once again looked around. She noticed she was hooked up to an IV, so she could only suspect that there were powerful painkillers in the drip. Some movement caught her eye, and looking at the lone chair near her bed she saw a ball of red and blue. The trainer recognized the Pokémon instantly, and was both surprised and glad to see them. Éclair had been the one to move, Ren still sleeping. The Delcatty moved cautiously, making sure she didn’t disturb the Totodile, and then jumped off the chair and walked up to the bed. She sat down on her haunches and sat up, placing her front paws on the mattress.

“You’re finally awake,” the feline spoke, stating the fact as if she was convincing herself.

Spinel placed her hand on the cat’s head, right between her ears. “I am, and I’m happy to see you.”

The normal-type purred, leaning up into the touch. After a moment the Delcatty jumped onto the bed, having been called up by her trainer. She made sure not to move around too much and laid down next to the woman, allowing her to wrap her arm around her neck and continue to stroke her fur.

“Have you two been here the whole time?”

“We have,” the Pokémon answered. “Your mother came to visit as well, along with some kid. I didn’t get his name.”

Spinel chuckled. “I have a feeling it was Hope. He’s a friend, so you don’t have to chase him away.”

Éclair huffed. “That’s what Ren said after I just looked at him.”

“You sure you didn’t glare?”

There was no immediate answer, and that amused Spin. The Delcatty once again started to remind her of someone, which only added to that amusement. It seems like she had picked out the perfect name for the cat-like Pokémon, especially now with how she was acting. Which would be the exact opposite of those of species, most Delcatty being known for their gentle behavior and avoidance of fighting. She continued to pet the feline, getting the subconscious reaction of the feline leaning into the touch and lightly purring.

“Éclair… Would you happen to know what has happened here? What the doctors have been saying?”

The Delcatty stopped purring, her gaze turning serious. She wanted to be honest with her trainer, but wasn’t sure if she was ready to hear the news. The feline had refused to leave the room when the doctors talked to Topaz about their findings. But the look the young woman returned told the Pokémon she wanted to know, not caring what it was. She just needed to know.

“You have had a few surgeries since coming here after the accident. There was quite a bit of damage on your legs, more on your right than left. Seems like how the boulders fell only your left knee was injured, but your right was almost shattered. They are uncertain if you’ll ever be able to walk again. I also heard one say they were amaze you didn’t need your right leg amputated.”

Spinel took in all the information. She seemed to be calm about it, but she was shocked and scared. She couldn’t think of what it would be like if she could not walk again. Her career demanded a lot of physical activity out on the field. If she were to be confined to a wheelchair she would have to retire, and she wasn’t even twenty yet! Her walls started to crumble as she started to shake, holding back her sobs. Éclair picked up on this right away, and her reaction was to shift so she could rub her head against the young woman’s arm.

“I’ll be okay,” she meowed. “You’re stronger than that. It will take time, but I have no doubt you will be on your feet in no time. And if you need me, I will be there with you every step of the way. As will the others.”

Spin couldn’t hold it in after that. She turned and hugged the Delcatty, crying into her fur. She knew her friends, family, and Pokémon would be there to support her. They would believe in her and continue to give her the strength to fight. Even so, she didn’t know if she could do it…

It isn’t a matter of can or can’t. There are some things in life you just do.

The words just came to her. It was something a close friend had once said during the most difficult journey she had been apart of. That was enough to change the trainer’s thoughts. With new determination she was going to beat the odds. She would show that the doctors are wrong, and she will walk again. Not only that, but she’ll run as well. It will be like she was never in the accident in the first place. In fact, she’ll be even stronger and faster than before. It will be hard work, no doubt, and very painful. But that wasn’t going to detour Spinel at all from reaching her goal. With all of those close to her behind her, supporting and believing in her, she had no doubt that she will make the impossible possible.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

To Overcome Despair
Setting: Pkmn/FFXIII crossover
Rating: G-PG
Several weeks passed and a couple surgeries later, Spinel had finally been released from the hospital. She had already started physical therapy when her injuries allowed it, and so far it had been excruciatingly painful. She hadn’t made much progress in terms of walking on her own. She still needed assistance by another person and a walker, and even so she couldn’t walk far. She still depended greatly on a wheelchair to get around. It was disheartening, but the trainer knew she was only still in the beginning stages of her rehabilitation. She still had a long and hard journey ahead to get where she wanted to be.

Luckily she had already set up her house in case something like this was to occur. Not to mention all the Pokémon that liked to be indoors. Even her Dragonite, Annabelle, liked to be inside from time to time, so there were already wide walkways. The only trouble would be getting up and down the stairs, her bedroom being located on the second floor. And that was where she wanted to be. At the moment the only thing the young woman was thinking about was going to her room and going to bed, having already had a long and difficult day. With some quick thinking she had called upon Alistair once more, the Nidoking not minding at all carrying her if needed. He easily carried her and her chair up to the second floor, three more Pokémon following behind. Once at the top of the stairs Alistair put his trainer back in the wheelchair, knowing she’d rather not be carried the rest of the way. The Totodile, Delcatty, and Granbull that had followed went on ahead to meet the woman in the room while the Nidoking went back down to the main floor. As he did so a Glaceon quickly passed him to meet the others.

It was clear to the first three that the trainer wanted space, the three of them having been with her all day. They remained outside the bedroom, just making sure Spin was able to get into the room without problem. However the Glaceon went in right after her, having been here at the house most of the time she had been in the hospital. He came in to witness her almost struggling to get into bed from the chair. When she had she groaned, it still being painful to put her whole weight on her legs. With more difficulty she was able to get completely onto the bed, making sure to prop her legs up on some of her extra pillows. She sighed just before the ice-type jumped on to join her, being extra careful not to jostle the bed too much as he crawled up to lay next to her, his head by her shoulder.

“Hey Kai,” Spinel said, reaching out to run her fingers through his fur. “Been keeping things in order here?”

“Of course, darling,” Kai replied. “With Dad and Nina helping out we’ve kept things in top shape in and out of the house.”

The trainer smiled. “That’s good,” she replied, her voice telling how tired she was.

“I’m glad you’re finally home, hon. We really missed you.”

“You have no idea how happy I am to be back. I was about to go insane if I had to stay there any longer.”

The Glaceon chuckled. His ear twitched when he heard the door softly shut, turning to see the Granbull had joined them. He had only recently joined Spin at the hospital, Ren and Éclair having been there since day one. Most of the Pokémon were worried about their trainer, however most knew to also give her time to get settled back into the house before coming up to her. Kailash and Jarl were exceptions, wanting to be close to the woman. Ren and Éclair were also in this category, but since they refused to leave her side while in treatment they had decided that maybe a night apart wouldn’t do any harm, not with all the others here to help out. The purple dog-like Pokémon went to the other side of the bed, but he chose to sit next to it instead of joining the two right away. He needed permission to join them, which he got when the woman patted the free space on the other side of her. The normal-type then carefully jumped up and curled into his trainer’s side, huffing in content once he was comfortable.

After a moment Spinel let out a deep sigh. “It’s hard,” she then said. “It’s really hard, going through the surgeries and therapy.”

Kai and Jarl then shifted slightly so they could rest their heads on the woman, the Glaceon’s coming to rest on her shoulder and the Granbulls’ on her stomach. They saw silent tears slide down her face and felt her body vibrate with keeping back her sobs. Kailash moved so he could wipe some of the tears away with his tail while Jarl nuzzled into her stomach, both wanting to know it was okay.

“You’re doing great, my lady,” Jarl spoke, his voice deep but comforting. “You’ve already accomplished so much since you started your therapy.”

“I know,” the trainer said softly. “But it’s still hard, pushing myself like this. It’s painful, but I don’t want to have to be in a wheelchair the rest of my life.”

“And you won’t be, hon,” Kai said. “You’ll get there. Just be patient and not force it. You’ll be back on your feet in time.”

“I don’t know if I can take much more,” Spin admitted, the tears flowing again. “The pain gets more intense in each session, and now it doesn’t feel like I’m making any progress. I can hardly put any weight on my legs, having to hold myself up with whatever I’m leaning on and on my arms.”

“It’s just an obstacle to overcome, remember.”

“You believed in us when we thought we could not accomplish a task,” Jarl added to what Kai said. “Now it is our turn to return the favor, madam.”

The young woman placed a hand on both their heads, stroking her thumb against their fur. She continued to silently cry, not even having the energy to whimper. The two Pokémon remained where they were, snuggled against their trainer. They wouldn’t have left even of she told them to. They could tell she needed someone there. She held on to them tightly, her grip only starting to loosen as she calmed down. It wasn’t long until her grip went completely slack and her breathing even. When they checked they noticed she had just fallen asleep. Kai smiled before he jumped off the bed. He went to crack the door open in case the others wanted to come in and check before he went to get a throw blanket. Once he had one across his back he turned the lights off and returned to the bed, moving the wheelchair away from the bed so no one tripped on it before jumping back up. With Jarl’s help they covered Spinel with the blanket before they curled back up next to her, soon joining her in peaceful slumber.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 10-06-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Jarl's Story
Setting: undecided
Rating: G
Ever since he was a young pup Jarl never knew his mother or siblings. His earliest memories were of a fancy living space. Also being hit, and hit hard. Just acting as a normal pup got him hit, the hardest being when he was barking. The worst was then he was playing a little rough with the child. It was all in good fun, and the young Snubbull was careful not to hurt the kid. But the masters heard the playful growl and misinterpreted it. The masters didn’t care about the aftermath of their punishment. They left him in the corner, whimpering and curled into himself. It was one of the butlers that treated to his wounds and brought him back to health. When he was fully recovered the masters had gotten another playmate for their child, not that it mattered to Jarl. He found a friend in the butler, thus he stayed by his side. It was the butler that began to teach him, and he was a fast study.

The Snubbull paid close attention to how the butler acted and spoke. He soon began to mimic it, bowing to the masters when in their presence and calling them lord and lady, as well as other high titles, even if the humans could not understand his words. The normal-type had no idea of the outside world beyond the estate or how “old-fashioned” this lifestyle was. It was the only life he knew, and that was enough for him.

However, some things must come to an end. The butler became rather ill, and no matter what Jarl did he did not get better. With his passing the Snubbull no longer had protection from the masters. The butler had been his shield, taking responsibility for anything Jarl had accidently broken. And now with no one to protect him the masters did something they have wanted to do for a long time. They kicked Jarl out to fend for himself in the wilderness. Having lived a rather cushioned life the Snubbull learned a lot of lessons the hard way. For a long time he tried to find a new trainer, but it seemed that everyone who traveled through this area were only looking for females of his species, not males. After some time he simply gave up, losing the last of his hope.

That is until a young woman came around. He saw her enter his area and looked a little confused. This human female looked confused, trying to figure a direction of travel with a Totodile on her shoulder. He hesitated for a moment before he approached them. Unlike other humans she didn’t just turn away or send out one of her Pokémon to battle him. Instead she met him with a friendly smile, coming down to his level and offering her hand to him. Her palm was up and she said encouraging words, promising she wasn’t going to hurt him. The Snubbull crossed the remaining distance between them and sniffed her hand before licking her palm, already trusting her. When he spoke he was pleasantly surprised to find out she could understand what he said. She sat down next to the puppy Pokémon and they just talked, and when asked to join her team he didn’t hesitate to say yes. Something told him that his young lady would treat him right, and his instincts were correct.

Over time with training with this trainer he became stronger and evolved into a powerful Granbull. That was the only thing that had changed about him. He continued to keep the mannerisms he learned from the butler, even calling his new trainer lady and other titles. She told him he didn’t have to, that he could call her by her name, but he could not break the habit. Even traveling far and wide with this trainer he remained a gentleman, breaking the stereotype of his species. The only time he got violent was when his trainer or teammates were in danger, and even so he could easily be calmed down and return to his gentle state.

Jarl the Granbull would never know what would have happened if his life had been different, if one thing had changed in his life. At first he wished he could have changed something so he didn’t get kicked out of that estate and remain with the masters. But now, looking over at his new trainer, he would not change a thing. If things had been different he never would have met her. Now he is returning the favor, aiding her in any possible way he can while she recovered from a recent accident. He was her living crutch, making sure she got where she needed with as much ease as he could give. He made sure she didn’t have to overcome something if he could prevent it, it be finding an easier route to take or opening a door for her before walking her through a doorway. No, he wouldn’t change anything now. If he didn’t go through what he did he would not be who he was today, the gentleman bulldog Pokémon, and he wouldn’t have the amazing family he has now.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Passing the Torch
Setting: Pokémon
How long has it been? Days are starting to blur together. I’ve lost track of time and dates. I know it’s been at least two years since I battled Plasma, and it doesn’t feel nearly as long as it should be that I first became a trainer before that.

Crystal Momoyia sat in her office, her chair facing away from her desk and towards the windows the furniture was placed in front of. She still remembers the beginning days of her journey, before her name started to become known. Her rise in popularity and fame happened so fast after that, especially after her travels in Johto. It didn’t help her status at all that she had many unique Pokémon on her team in terms of colors or techniques. She was an elite trainer, the current reigning champion in two regions, and she was one of the highest-ranking officers in a Pokémon tactical force. However that was neither here nor there. Now she was supposed to be relaxing, having been working almost nonstop lately, but something did not add up. Things were too quiet when she knew there was still some activity in a couple criminal organizations.

“You are thinking too much,” a purr sounded, drawing the trainer out of her thoughts.

The woman turned to see her Persian walking up to her. When the feline sat next to her chair she placed a hand on the cat’s head, feeling the soft fur under her fingers. The two stayed like that for a moment, just enjoying each other’s company. That’s how it has always been, Crystal realized. They didn’t need to speak to convey how they felt, even when Persian was first given to her as a Meowth when she was a little girl. This Pokémon was the only one who was not given a nickname, and she never could rename her first partner. When the two became a team she was too young to even think of naming the kitten anything other than calling her by her species, and even as she got older and caught new Pokémon, giving them names, she never named her first.

Her journey down memory lane was cut short when there was a knock on her door. She turned her chair around and allowed entry, and a lower ranked officer came in. He presented her with files that she was to go over before taking his leave. She sighed heavily before looking at the papers. A task she has been given was to find young trainers with a lot of potential. Their forces were low and spread throughout all the regions, so possible new recruits were needed. Her current focus was in the Unova region, hearing from Professor Juniper that there were new trainers. Crystal quickly looked over some of the files, none catching her eye. However when she was about to push the stack away one file did pull her attention. Removing that one from the pile she set it in front of her and carefully read over the text. She wasn’t even aware of the added weight of a Pokémon resting on her head as she read, it wanting to see what it was that had her full attention.

A young woman by the name of Spinel had just started her Unova journey, according to the file. She received a Snivy from Juniper and started in a town Crystal could not recall visiting when she traveled through the region. Spinel had already traveled through the Johto and Sinnoh regions, defeating the Elite Four in both. She was considered a champion, even though she politely declined the title. And in each region she completely started her journey over, even getting a new starter Pokémon. From her battle record she was a talented trainer, and one the Kanto champion wanted to see in person.

She then felt weight shift, causing her head to move. She then looked up, and through her blue bangs she met big blue eyes that shined with curiosity. The little imp Pokémon floated off of her head and landed on her desk, getting a closer look at the papers. It was a chance encounter with this one, and he has been following her ever since. She knew the Pokémon was a Victini, and brought victory to those in his presence, but she knew that he was not meant to be with her. She just has not found the right trainer yet to raise him.

“What do you think, Felix?”

“She sounds interesting,” the Legendary replied. “Can we meet her?”

Crystal smiled at him. “Perhaps,” she said. “First I would like to see her in a battle, and by these records she should be heading to Virbank City… another place in Unova I haven’t visited. So this will certainly be an adventure for all of us.”

“Oh joy,” a growl came from a corner, the Pokémon who voiced it covered in shadow and the only visible trait being his blue eyes.

---

Virbank City was defiantly an experience, to say the least. It wasn’t like any place Crystal had been in before. Persian and Felix didn’t seem to like it that much, but surprisingly the Houndoom that accompanied them was quite comfortable. His blue eyes lazily looked around, his body relaxed as he walked with his trainer.

The small group had just watched a gym battle between this city’s leader, Roxie, and the trainer they had come to find. Spinel had only used one Pokémon to defeat her, a young Growlithe. She knew what it was like to raise one of the fire-type puppies, an Arcanine being on her main team during he Kanto journey, and she could see how well raised Spinel’s was. She was a remarkable trainer; one Crystal would be honored to share the battlefield with. However the younger woman still had a lot to learn.

“What did you think of her?” she then asked her Pokémon.

“She has potential,” Persian meowed.

Surge, the Houndoom, just shrugged in response. He agreed with the feline, to a point. At her current level he didn’t believe she would come close to their skill level and had a lot to learn, but over time his opinion could change. He’d just have to see her progression.

“I like her!” Felix then said.

Crystal smiled at the duel type’s response. He has said it before about trainers, but now with as much enthusiasm. She then retrieved a small notepad and a pen, quickly writing down a note. With her slowing and then stopping from the walk, all Pokémon became confused and curious. They patiently waited, wondering what their trainer was thinking and doing. After she finished the note she ripped the paper out from the pad, keeping it out while she returned the other items to her bag. She then pulled out a Pokéball, and then after that she attached the note to the sphere with a small piece of tape that she also had stored in her bag. Now the three were even more curious and confused.

“Felix, we all know you’re not meant to be on my team,” she said. “I have never seen you so excited about a trainer before, and I believe you will reach your full potential on Spinel’s team.”

That shocked the Pokémon, especially the Victini in question. He liked being with Crystal and her team. He had fun with them, and liked spending time with them no matter what they were doing. The small Legendary hadn’t expected this at all when they came to Unova. However, deep down, he thought the same. He just didn’t want to lose the friendships he formed with the Kanto champion and her Pokémon.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll cross paths again. I’ll be keeping a close eye on her to make sure she’s on the right path, and to see your progress.”

That cheered Felix up, and he jumped up and hugged Crystal. She smiled and patted the imp on the head. After the moment was over the Victini floated back, far enough to take his Pokéball from his now ex-trainer. Knowing that he’d see them again put his worries at ease, and now was looking forward to a new journey with new friends. They parted ways outside the Pokémon Center, knowing that Spinel would be out shortly. With no one looking back, everyone had a smile on their face. Even Surge, though his was very subtle. What awaited them all was left to be discovered, but the one thing that was certain was that they would meet again.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 AM
Malachion Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
Jarl's Story
Setting: undecided
Ever since he was a young pup Jarl never knew his mother or siblings. His earliest memories were of a fancy living space. Also being hit, and hit hard. Just acting as a normal pup got him hit, the hardest being when he was barking. The worst was then he was playing a little rough with the child. It was all in good fun, and the young Snubbull was careful not to hurt the kid. But the masters heard the playful growl and misinterpreted it. The masters didn’t care about the aftermath of their punishment. They left him in the corner, whimpering and curled into himself. It was one of the butlers that treated to his wounds and brought him back to health. When he was fully recovered the masters had gotten another playmate for their child, not that it mattered to Jarl. He found a friend in the butler, thus he stayed by his side. It was the butler that began to teach him, and he was a fast study.

The Snubbull paid close attention to how the butler acted and spoke. He soon began to mimic it, bowing to the masters when in their presence and calling them lord and lady, as well as other high titles, even if the humans could not understand his words. The normal-type had no idea of the outside world beyond the estate or how “old-fashioned” this lifestyle was. It was the only life he knew, and that was enough for him.

However, some things must come to an end. The butler became rather ill, and no matter what Jarl did he did not get better. With his passing the Snubbull no longer had protection from the masters. The butler had been his shield, taking responsibility for anything Jarl had accidently broken. And now with no one to protect him the masters did something they have wanted to do for a long time. They kicked Jarl out to fend for himself in the wilderness. Having lived a rather cushioned life the Snubbull learned a lot of lessons the hard way. For a long time he tried to find a new trainer, but it seemed that everyone who traveled through this area were only looking for females of his species, not males. After some time he simply gave up, losing the last of his hope.

That is until a young woman came around. He saw her enter his area and looked a little confused. This human female looked confused, trying to figure a direction of travel with a Totodile on her shoulder. He hesitated for a moment before he approached them. Unlike other humans she didn’t just turn away or send out one of her Pokémon to battle him. Instead she met him with a friendly smile, coming down to his level and offering her hand to him. Her palm was up and she said encouraging words, promising she wasn’t going to hurt him. The Snubbull crossed the remaining distance between them and sniffed her hand before licking her palm, already trusting her. When he spoke he was pleasantly surprised to find out she could understand what he said. She sat down next to the puppy Pokémon and they just talked, and when asked to join her team he didn’t hesitate to say yes. Something told him that his young lady would treat him right, and his instincts were correct.

Over time with training with this trainer he became stronger and evolved into a powerful Granbull. That was the only thing that had changed about him. He continued to keep the mannerisms he learned from the butler, even calling his new trainer lady and other titles. She told him he didn’t have to, that he could call her by her name, but he could not break the habit. Even traveling far and wide with this trainer he remained a gentleman, breaking the stereotype of his species. The only time he got violent was when his trainer or teammates were in danger, and even so he could easily be calmed down and return to his gentle state.

Jarl the Granbull would never know what would have happened if his life had been different, if one thing had changed in his life. At first he wished he could have changed something so he didn’t get kicked out of that estate and remain with the masters. But now, looking over at his new trainer, he would not change a thing. If things had been different he never would have met her. Now he is returning the favor, aiding her in any possible way he can while she recovered from a recent accident. He was her living crutch, making sure she got where she needed with as much ease as he could give. He made sure she didn’t have to overcome something if he could prevent it, it be finding an easier route to take or opening a door for her before walking her through a doorway. No, he wouldn’t change anything now. If he didn’t go through what he did he would not be who he was today, the gentleman bulldog Pokémon, and he wouldn’t have the amazing family he has now.
awesome you really are creative with your thoughts and ideas and i liked your story most as its nit so long which makes the reader to get bored while reading it and also interesting to read