Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Default Re: Legion of Dredd (Welcoming Battlers and Traders!) Free Pokemon to new members !

I'm around. Battling on PO2 as "SkipTG" if anybody wants a battle.

I'm on the main server.

*side note* Porygon2 forces rage quits! ^_^

*EDIT*

And so does Cinccino.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.

Last edited by Joel; 10-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Moe2 Offline

Default Re: Legion of Dredd (Welcoming Battlers and Traders!) Free Pokemon to new members !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I'm around. Battling on PO2 as "SkipTG" if anybody wants a battle.

I'm on the main server.

*side note* Porygon2 forces rage quits! ^_^

*EDIT*

And so does Cinccino.
Rage quits only happen to inexperienced battlers :P
Old 10-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe2 View Post
Rage quits only happen to inexperienced battlers :P
I'm using a weird rain team. Four of the usual rain team members, but also Porygon2 and Cinccino.

I know it's a matter of luck, but have you tried Cinccino w/ Skill Link + King's Rock? That thing rapes stuff that can't beat it's 115 base speed.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I love P2 it has always been a good support for any time i use it on.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 10-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
I love P2 it has always been a good support for any time i use it on.
I have an experimental set I am running. Steel types MUST be gone completely from the oppossing battlers team for it to work, but if they are, I promise, this rapes people.....

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 HP
Moveset:
-Conversion
-Recover
-Toxic / Shadow Ball / Signal Beam
-Psychic / Tri-Attack / Signal Beam

With the mechanics of conversion, it promises to change Porygon2's type every time, albeit, it is at random. Thing is, Pory only has one type weakness....Fighting. With it's incredible bulk after Eviolite, you get a tank, and after what an opponent thinks is a relatively free switch in, they get walled, since their fighting type Poke gets absolutely walled since Conversion removes it's Normal typing on it's first usage.

Moveset must include Conversion and Recover. Otherwise, it's all up to the rest of your team's options as to what else to use in moveslots three and four. I believe Toxic and Psychic are the better options, because Psychic can hit those fighting types hard, and whatever resists, and isn't a Steel type (remember, I said Steels need to be gone before this is attempted), can take quite a bit of residual damage from Toxic (except Starmie and Chansey/Blissey, due to their Natural Cure abilities.

Tri-Attack can be a STAB move without Conversion if needed, and also, Signal Beam, and Shadow Ball also allow for type resistance after Conversion, but they seem to be lesser options, due to Signal Beam's low base power, and Shadow Ball's near identical coverage with Psychic.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I have an experimental set I am running. Steel types MUST be gone completely from the oppossing battlers team for it to work, but if they are, I promise, this rapes people.....

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Moveset:
-Conversion
-Recover

With the mechanics of conversion, it promises to change Porygon2's type every time, albeit, it is at random. Thing is, Pory only has one type weakness....Fighting. With it's incredible bulk after Eviolite, you get a tank, and after what an opponent thinks is a relatively free switch in, they get walled, since their fighting type Poke gets absolutely walled since Conversion removes it's Normal typing on it's first usage.

Moveset must include Conversion and Recover. Otherwise, it's all up to the rest of your team's options as to what else to use in moveslots three and four. I believe Toxic and Psychic are the better options, because Psychic can hit those fighting types hard, and whatever resists, and isn't a Steel type (remember, I said Steels need to be gone before this is attempted), can take quite a bit of residual damage from Toxic (except Starmie and Chansey/Blissey, due to their Natural Cure abilities.

Tri-Attack can be a STAB move without Conversion if needed, and also, Signal Beam, and Shadow Ball also allow for type resistance after Conversion, but they seem to be lesser options, due to Signal Beam's low base power, and Shadow Ball's near identical coverage with Psychic.
Ill try this out with a p2 I am using.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Moe2 Offline

Quote:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Moveset:
-Conversion
-Recover

looks kind of like a gimic to me... ya this is a way around the fighting types that come to KO you, but what about the rest of the Metagame that the normal P2 set was designed for? No Ice Beam to smack dragon types is never a good thing. Overall you lose A LOT to only gain a little :/
Old 10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Happy Halloween everyone ! you guys going out !

Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe2 View Post
looks kind of like a gimic to me... ya this is a way around the fighting types that come to KO you, but what about the rest of the Metagame that the normal P2 set was designed for? No Ice Beam to smack dragon types is never a good thing. Overall you lose A LOT to only gain a little :/
Good point, so there is a way around that, as well. It doesn't hit as hard, but HP Ice 70 can remedy this. Conversion won't force the Ice typing on Porygon2 since Hidden Power is still considered a Normal type move, regaurdless of it's damage typing.

Quote:
Staying in. The kid is having a Halloween party with some of his friends, and me and the g/f are handing out candy to random panhandlers in costumes.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

Quote:
Nope we setup my house as a graveyard every year and scare people.This year my werewolf costume has a jaw that moves with my own. im excited.

VPP:

Level100:@384

Hey I'm no angel, or the devil of your conscience to tell you who to be... good, bad, ugly or otherwise.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Good point, so there is a way around that, as well. It doesn't hit as hard, but HP Ice 70 can remedy this. Conversion won't force the Ice typing on Porygon2 since Hidden Power is still considered a Normal type move, regaurdless of it's damage typing.

Staying in. The kid is having a Halloween party with some of his friends, and me and the g/f are handing out candy to random panhandlers in costumes.
I might be doing that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArceusTheCreator View Post
Nope we setup my house as a graveyard every year and scare people.This year my werewolf costume has a jaw that moves with my own. im excited.
that sounds like a pretty cool cosutme !

Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Moe2 Offline

I was just talking to an Admin about Chomp coming down to OU, and he said "PO isn't smogon, so probably never" .... I hate when people bash smogon, they know 100x better than anyone about the current metagame... ANYWAY, arcues use scarf Haxorus in the mean time. I've had a few matches and the weather control granted by Kingdra AND Venasour is pretty sweet.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles

I'll most likely be in too, playing xbox and handing out candy. First Halloween I'll actually be home for since I was 18... Rest of the time I was either in military, or out of town for a gaming tournament
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
I'll most likely be in too, playing xbox and handing out candy. First Halloween I'll actually be home for since I was 18... Rest of the time I was either in military, or out of town for a gaming tournament
Why are you staying home.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Joel Offline

Stuff 'n' things....More stuff 'n' things. Stuff, stuff stuff.