Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2

Pokemon: Black/White 2 Discuss Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. Get your questions answered, give your opinions and participate in discussions here!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Disappointments

Is there anything you're disappointed about?

I really love the games so far, but there are a couple of things that bug me.

I just reached Nimbasa City and am disappointed that the Battle Subway hasn't really been updated much at all. I wanted a triple battle train so badly and was really disappointed when there wasn't one in BW. I was sure they would put one in this time. Why introduce a new battle style and then only let you play that way a handful of times?! :(

Also Pokemon Musical... I have only tried it a couple of times but it seems exactly the same as in BW with the same props and everything. I realise it is a sequel and we shouldn't expect everything to be changed, but are some new props and songs too much to ask for?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Disappointments

I didn't like how we were forced to make a movie in the Pokestars Studio. Other than that I'm really happy with the game. However I'm not that far into it. I'm around the same place in both White and Black 2, not wanting to get too far ahead in one over the other. This is mainly due to the Nuzlocke I'm doing for Black 2, and I don't want to reveal a whole lot to myself by getting ahead in White 2.

... That makes sense, right?

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I was devastated when they didn't change up the rare Pokemon theme. D:
Old 10-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Obliveon Offline

I was kinda disappointed with the storyline 'highlight' where the new form of Kyurem shows up. I mean N was a plus [cool to see him again], but the battle was kinda boring and anticlimactic for me [probably because my Arcanine wiped the floor with Kyurem AND Ghetsis].

Also I kinda wanted to see more Hidden Hollows or whatever they're called. I was seriously mad when they blocked off ALL the main bridges and White Forest because I've never seen it before.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

There wasn't much I was disappointed in, however I just now received my 8th Badge. I actually contradict myself when I say this, I enjoy the selection of wild pokemon so far, but I am also disappointed in it at the same time. I liked the fact that previous gen PKMN where in the wild other than set Gen V and having to beat the E4 to get Gen 1,2,3, and 4. but I think they could've done a better job with what PKMN could have been caught.

The only other thing I am disappointed with was how "jumpy" the storyline is. There are times where I just felt completely lost and HAD to use the free guide book I received (lol) As far as the Battle Subway and all that stuff, I never really used it much in BW so I can't complain.

p.s. - I am however irked that they put so much emphasis on the "2 years ago" stuff, I know they did this to make it easy for new trainers to enjoy BW2, but the fact is, It's a sequel. I wish they would've done a little more work to the story and made it a bit deeper (however it is pretty deep/interesting as it is) and just forgot about trying to make it "newbie friendly". I could understand it for games like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum, but for a game that branches off from another directly, I didn't feel the need to enable new trainers to jump into it just like that. (Buy BW, play it, then get BW2. That's just how it should work in my eyes) lol.

That's the end of my complaining, but that's all I've got.

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

The plasma storyline. it was so damn short in comparison to B/W...well atleast it felt that way, I mean you find a a missing Herdier, see some lame dialouge here n there. fight 2 plasma grunt in the sewers, see then talking in Driftveil, axe a few grunts then nothing happens till you get your 7th-8th badge.

That, in comparison to B/W where the interactions with Plasma were somewhat consistent with their plots etc.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
The plasma storyline. it was so damn short in comparison to B/W...well atleast it felt that way, I mean you find a a missing Herdier, see some lame dialouge here n there. fight 2 plasma grunt in the sewers, see then talking in Driftveil, axe a few grunts then nothing happens till you get your 7th-8th badge.

That, in comparison to B/W where the interactions with Plasma were somewhat consistent with their plots etc.
I agree. The game sort of seemed to lack an overall story, while BW was more story-focused. I don't feel like any of my questions about Team Plasma have been answered (though I only just got my last badge, so maybe something big is coming...)

I am a little less disappointed about the subway considering the PWT has triple and rotation battles. I still think they should have included them in the subway though... Rotation battles are way more fun.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

I am disappointed with how friggin' hard it is to get the "Shiny Charm"! :P

and Herdier? Where there version exclusives to what pokemon you recover!? :P

That's one thing I can't decide if I like or not as well.
There were soooo many different things exclusive to one another, which is good and/or bad, I can't fully decide.

I was just upset with the fact that the drives for Genesect got only two per game and they where exclusives as well, reason it irked me was, I love Ghost and Ice type pokemon, so naturally I wanted the Chill drive, which is on W2. T^T lol

but that's just me being picky. lol

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Ken View Post

There were soooo many different things exclusive to one another, which is good and/or bad, I can't fully decide.

I was just upset with the fact that the drives for Genesect got only two per game and they where exclusives as well, reason it irked me was, I love Ghost and Ice type pokemon, so naturally I wanted the Chill drive, which is on W2. T^T lol

if you trade your genesect to black 1, you can get the other two drives that you could otherwise only get in white 2. pretty sure.

the ending of the story was a massive disappointment for me. in advertising the game, the whole entire-half-of-the-unova-region was SO overplayed. I was excited about exploring cities and routes covered in ice, but the only place that ever got frozen was opelucid city with a few patches of ice leading to the giant chasm, and the chasm itself and then the story just ended so quickly after that. huge letdown for me. the white/black kyurem battle was extremely anti-climactic.
azumarill with thick fat pretty much prevents it from doing me any damage and I just knocked it out after a couple Superpowers
it was just a whole lot of set-up for such a lackluster result.

plus the level transition between beating the elite four and postgame was jarring. I beat the elite four with my pokemon in their lower 50's and everything after it expects my pokemon to be around level 65. my lucario's the only pokemon powerful enough to deal with most of the level-60-some pokemon trainers are throwing at me so most of my party remains in the mid-50's while my lucario is in the mid-60's.
so yeah
pokemon world tournament is fun
Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Ken View Post

if you trade your genesect to black 1, you can get the other two drives that you could otherwise only get in white 2. pretty sure.

the ending of the story was a massive disappointment for me. in advertising the game, the whole entire-half-of-the-unova-region was SO overplayed. I was excited about exploring cities and routes covered in ice, but the only place that ever got frozen was opelucid city with a few patches of ice leading to the giant chasm, and the chasm itself and then the story just ended so quickly after that. huge letdown for me. the white/black kyurem battle was extremely anti-climactic.
azumarill with thick fat pretty much prevents it from doing me any damage and I just knocked it out after a couple Superpowers
it was just a whole lot of set-up for such a lackluster result.

plus the level transition between beating the elite four and postgame was jarring. I beat the elite four with my pokemon in their lower 50's and everything after it expects my pokemon to be around level 65. my lucario's the only pokemon powerful enough to deal with most of the level-60-some pokemon trainers are throwing at me so most of my party remains in the mid-50's while my lucario is in the mid-60's.
so yeah
pokemon world tournament is fun
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Thanks Steak! I did not know that, I'll give that a shot! :D

I agree with you as well on the level transitions after the E4. I was the same way, it was a little abrupt, so I just keep my lv. 100 Arceus with me just in case I get into a bad situation because battles seem to come out of no where as well.

Spiritomb ^_^