Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Latio-Nytro Vs Grassy Aggron -- Grassy Aggron wins by DQ.

It would make the post a little long, so I just linked back to the Vs Seeker thread. Savvy?

I'll start out easy-ish. Go, Captain Crunch!

Captain Crunch (Male Totodile)
Torrent
Sig Move: N/A
Tutor Move: N/A
Obtained from the Mothers+Father's Day event.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 01-14-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Latio-Nytro Vs Grassy Aggron

Whoo, here we go~ And yes, already giving a status. ...I like giving my mon's personality, okay? XD T.B. is quite the hyperactive, happy thing isn't he...

(Toxic Boom) Shroomish [M]
Ability: Poison Heal
Signature Move: None
Tutored Move: None
Obtained: Starter

All right, T.B. Start this up with a Charm, then use Toxic on yourself.
If Captain Crunch uses Protect, create a Substitute @ 1% Health, then follow up with Charm.
If he makes a Substitute of his own, use Growth.

Now, if for some reason you can't use Toxic on yourself because you know it won't work on your own body and I'm being stupid ordering you to do so, use Leech Seed instead.
If Latio switches to a Grass Type, has used Substitute for either of his actions, or Protects this turn, use Growth.

Charm/Substitute@1%/Growth ~ Toxic(on self)/Charm/Leech Seed/Growth
Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

To start off this delightful battle, Captain...Just go for a Double Swords Dance. That'll negate Charm and still give you +2 Attack.

Swords Dance~Swords Dance

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
White Knight Offline

“Ugh, why do I even bother with this job anymore?” I mumbled quietly, reaching for a Pokeball on my belt. It was 8:20 AM and I was already being sent out to ref. The worst part is that they had picked the farthest possible location from the Referee Headquarters, totally outside the city in some obscure area near the water.

“Great. Just great,” I said, pressing the center button on the capsule. A large owl gracefully popped out, cooing softly as she adjusted to the light. Nanta the Noctowl stood at over 5 feet tall; hopefully she was well-rested enough to bring me there with no stops.

“Looks like we’re going to a place called Crystal Cove. Never heard of it, but they gave us some instructions. Let’s go!” I jumped onto her back as she spread her dark brown wings, lifting us over the skyscrapers of the city.

One mind-numbing hour later, we touched down on a strange looking beach. It seemed to be completely deserted, minus a docked ship and two very impatient looking trainers. They both seemed to be tapping their feet as they wandered around in cyan blue sand. It seemed to be a little child’s dream; everything from the sand to the sky was some variant of blue.

“Maybe this won’t be that bad,” I thought to myself, getting off the Pokemon as I addressed the two trainers. They greeted me promptly, then showed me where we were going to be battling.

“Are you people insane!? You want to battle there?” I asked, confused as to why anyone would enjoy being precariously perched over deep waters. I had been told that no human had ever stepped here before, but that really didn’t help my inner feelings of doubt. What if they weren’t stable? What if there was something in the water?

“Whatever, I just hope those crystals aren’t too slippery. Are you guys ready?” I asked, pulling the slightly bent flags from my back pocket. They both nodded, then turned to face each other. Two Pokeballs were quickly thrown into the air, and I watched with fascination as their respective creatures came out. The match-up was pretty well balanced; a little blue crocodile and a green mushroom. Neither of them were elite Pokemon, but they’d put up a darn good fight against each other.

“Let the battle begin!”

Round One

Latio-Nytro

[Captain Crunch]Totodile (M)
Ability: Torrent
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Swords Dance~Swords Dance
Mood: Ready to rumble!

Grassy Aggron

[Toxic Boom]Shroomish (M)
Energy: 100%

Moves: Charm/Substitute@1%/Growth ~ Toxic(on self)/Charm/Leech Seed/Growth
Mood: Immagoingtopunchyouinthefacewithoutarms!

Captain Crunch moved first, swishing his spiky tail on the smooth crystal as he prepared to carry out his orders. He felt the beat of a war drum that was the pounding of his heart. The sound reverberated through his reptilian body as he began to perform a strange dance, the tiny claws on his arms growing larger as he went. A blue aura not unlike the color of the crystals began forming around his now deadly fingers. Any attack coming from this Pokemon would definitely be packing a punch.
[Totodile -3% Energy, +2 ATK]

Toxic Boom was not very impressed by his opponent’s first action. “That’s it? That’s your move? This is going to be easy,” he thought cheerfully. His eyes grew wide as he looked at Captain Crunch, knowing he had caught the bigger Pokemon’s attention. The Shroomish hopped around cutely as his opponent watched helplessly, completely hypnotized by the sight before him. The light around his claws disappeared as his heightened senses began to fade, returning to his normal state. A huge grin appeared on Toxic Boom’s face; this guy was eating out of his hands.
[Shroomish -3% Energy, Totodile -2 ATK]

Captain Crunch shook his head as he heard something from his trainer, quickly realizing what was going on. That fiend had tried to distract him! He swore it would never happen again as he began to concentrate, hearing the familiar rhythm of his heart. He returned to his heightened state with ease, the familiar glow returning to his long scythe-like claws. This time, it would stay that way. It had to.
[Totodile -3% Energy, +2 ATK]

If Toxic Boom had hands, he would have been rubbing them with maniacal laughter. He and his trainer both knew that he was impervious to the poisonous goo that came from his spore; it even made him feel better. This move would both throw Captain Crunch off guard as well as provide him with constant health. It was the perfect plan. The mushroom Pokemon closed his eyes, focusing the toxins within his body towards the opening on the top of his head. With a grunt, he forced the glob of dark purple liquid straight up into the air. It landed on him in a thick rain, coating both Toxic Boom as well as the crystal around him. His body immediately began soaking the liquid back up, sending him waves of relief.
[Shroomish -6% Energy, TXC]

End of Round One

Latio-Nytro

Energy: 94%
Mood: Very confused. (ATK+2)

Grassy Aggron

Energy: 91%
Mood: This is too easy!~ (TXC)

Referee Notes
I really don’t know. I was feeling literate. Sue me.

Latio-Nytro, your moves please?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 08-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, we're starting good...Ish.

You'll do a Substitute@9 HP, regardless of the actions of TB. Afterwards, an Ice Punch should be in order. However, should it protect turn two, use Swords Dance instead.

Substitute@9~Ice Punch/Swords Dance

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

(Wow White Knight, that was glorious XD)

All right Toxic Boom, unleash a Bullet Seed on him to break his sub and possibly hit him once it's gone, then ready yourself for the Ice Punch. As soon as he hits you with the Ice Punch, launch a Leech Seed at him while he's still close! Tee hee~

Bullet Seed ~ Leech Seed (Close Range)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Energy: 94%
Mood: Very confused. (ATK+2)

Energy: 91%

Little crocodiles apparently did not like the various things that the little mushroom could do to him, now that he thought of it. So, instead of just sitting there and letting the Mushroom do whatever the hell he wanted, Captain Crunch decided to screw that, forming a replica of himself. It looked almost completely identical, minus the lack of life in its eyes.
(CC: -9HP, -9ENG, Sub@9)

Toxic Boom, the hyper little fungus, decided to have none of that. He let loose a large barrage of seeds. The little dolly took the hits at first, but after about 40% of the seeds hits, it *pfft*ed, and the little croc took about the same amount of seeds to face.
Critical hit rolled a 1706, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 29 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 8. Result was 2 (1 hits 5x, 2 4x, 3,4,5 hit 3x, 6+ 2x). (Toxic Boom: -5ENG; CC: No sub, -10HP)

Captain Cruch was... miffed. He just made his dolly and he didn't want his new friend to vanish so quickly. Toxic Boom was going to pay for his insolence. Captain Crunch recalled the every feeling of cold he ever had, and condensed down his arm into his hand. He got close to the terrible mushroom, and he socked him across the face! CC looked a bit tired, though.
Critical hit rolled a 4242, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 89 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 9 (1 to FRZ). (CC:-19 ENG, TB: -13HP)

TB cackled loudly (huh, mushrooms cackle, new). He had awaited his opportunity to strike, and now that CC had punched him, he had it. He made a small, brown seed out of the little socket hole thingy on his head and launched it. TB felt the rejuvenating effects from the seed and the poisons in his system.
(TB: -6ENG, +4ENG, +4HP, +4HP; CC: -4HP, -4ENG, Seeded)

Health: 73%
Energy: 62%
Mood: In bad shape. (ATK+2)

Health: 95%
Energy: 84%

Notes: I applied a +1ACC to the close Leech Seed. I was rushed for this.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

...Why are there two health increases, Narph?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

One for Poison Heal, one for Leech Seed.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

(I'm assuming it's my turn...)

Hmm. Hmm hmm hmmmmmmm. How interesting. Let's see here, TB...

Let's start with Fake Tears, shall we? If he protects, use Growth instead. Then follow up with a Giga Drain. If he protects his second action, use Growth.

If he attempts to put up a sub for any of his actions, use Bullet Seed once more.

Lastly, if he switches on his first action, use Spore and follow up with a Leech Seed on your hopefully sleeping target. Second action switch, well, you'll be doing the Leech Seed obviously, so no change to the plan there :P The target won't know what hits them either, having just popped out of a comfy ball!

Fake Tears/Growth/Bullet Seed/Spore ~ Giga Drain/Growth/Bullet Seed/Leech Seed
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

DIVE, CAPTAIN CRUNCH, DIVE!!!

And keep underwater, mind you. That'll allow you to evade Fake Tears and Giga Drain. Just in case, dive under one of the Halfpipe-platforms and out of the line of sight of Toxic Boom. Do so immediately and without hesitation on your part.

Afterwards, try to rip off that Leech Seed. If that's just impossible, pop up, quickly use Ice Beam, and get back underwater.

Dive under one of the Halfpipe platforms, out of the line of sight of Toxic Boom (keep underwater)~Rip off Leech Seed/Ice Beam

...That's completely legal, right?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

I thought the half-pipe platforms were on land, which was surrounded by ocean above a cliff (that's what I get from "jettisons") |D I'm so confused now lol. Diagrams would be great for a place like this ^^' I do know there's a little water in the center, but...aren't you technically diving out of the arena? O.o

I AM SO CONFUSED GAIS. X.x
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

...D**mit. I hate when I botch my descriptions...

There wasn't anything under the halfpipe platforms-the rim of the arena and the pillar in the middle do connect with the ground, yes, but the halfpipes were basically wedged in there. Moreover, the whole arena is around the ocean. That what I intended to convey, but considering I screwed up royally, I'll leave that to the Ref's decision...Sorry about that...Meh.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I I I

-

Latio-Nytro

[Captain Crunch] Totodile
Ability: Torrent.
Health: 73%
Energy: 62%
Dive~Ice Beam
+2 Att; Leech Seeded.

Grassy Aggron

[Toxic Boom] Shroomish
Ability: Poison Heal.
Health: 95%
Energy: 84%
Fake Tears~Giga Drain
Toxipoisoned @ 3+.

CC was feeling uneasy about this battle. He knew the small mushroom Pokemon had a large advantage in this battle, but he wouldn't give up. CC dove under water, amazed. The clear blue waters were so dark from above, but now that he was swimming in the cool nothingness, he felt like he could win this battle. He swam in circles, admiring all the other Pokemon that apparently resided here. He wondered for a moment if they were startled by this battle. He swam about, letting his palm glide against the crystal in the middle of the large lake as he dove deeper, waiting for TB to use his move so he could resurface. The Leech Seed vines still cling to his body, even under the water
[Dive: CC, -5% (11/2) Energy]

TB, not knowing entirely what had happened to his battle partner, decided to attempt to lure him back with come crocodile mushroom tears. He began breathing heavily, letting little pants escape his throat. TB let out a long, high-pitched sob and the tears began flowing. Small splotches of dirt became darker as the water hit them, and TB cried louder, in an almost nauseating tone.
[Fake Tears: TB, -3% Energy; misses.]
[Leech Seed: TB, +4% Health/Energy; CC, -4% Health/Energy.]
[Toxic: TB, +8% Health]

Once he could no longer hear the cries, CC shot upwards through the water, exploding outwards in a quiet, but large, splash. In the same motion, he fired a very powerful Ice Beam towards his still flushed opponent. It crystallized around TB's feet, locking him there, and spread upwards, covering the rest of TB's body and part of his mouth.
[Ice Beam: CC, -29% Energy; TB, -12% Health; FRZN, 1/1-10, success.]

TB, trying to gain an edge back, attempted to send electric green vines from the hood on his body, but they were unable to break through the thick ice he was encased in.
[Giga Drain: TB, -9% Energy]
[Leech Seed: TB, +4% Health/Energy; CC, -4% Health/Energy.]
[Toxic: TB, +8% Health]

Latio-Nytro

[Captain Crunch] Totodile
Ability: Torrent.
Health: 65%
Energy: 20%
+2 Att; Leech Seeded.

Grassy Aggron

[Toxic Boom] Shroomish
Ability: Poison Heal.
Energy: 80%
Toxipoisoned @ 3. FRZN @ 1.

-

Grassy Aggron, your moves, please.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Oh my, what a conundrum we have here TB~

All right, first order of action? If you remain frozen, just chill. Yes, punny I know? If he decides to switch and you unfreeze, Leech Seed. If he remains in - or sent out a Grass Type - and you unfreeze, Giga Drain. If he subs, use Bullet Seed if you are unfrozen :3

Chill/Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Bullet Seed ~ Chill/Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Bullet Seed

(Thanks for the diagram XD Now time to get this show back on the road~)