Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Mew and Mewtwo invasion is upon us.

The television flashes with images of blood and smoke and fire.

The dense jungle surrounding the live reporter seems to be falling all around and he signals to the camera to stop filming.

A crumbled building in the distance is alive, spitting flame and burning paper in all possible directions. Loud BOOMS echo around as the camera is dropped and you can hear panicked footsteps running, getting quieter and quieter as they flee into the distance.

The screen goes black for a few seconds, then the scene reappears. Everything you see is now at an uncomfortable angle, a large black line symbolizes a crack in the camcorder's lens.

Within the floating debris and dust, a dark shape makes itself apparent. The tall, human-like figure stands within the cloud, speaking in an intimidating, slightly robotic voice:

“Humans have tried to command things not within their control for too long. This needs to end, and I'll spend my last breath defending those unable to defend themselves.”

---

Over the next few weeks, there are a string of devastating natural disasters. You find yourself sitting at a large, official-looking desk with a young blonde girl. Her hair is messy and many papers are scattered in front of her. She clearly hasn't slept in days. Her pubescent, lispy voice says to you, “I need your help. It's escaped and no one else can help us defeat it...” Her voice drifts off as she stares blankly into a pile of newspaper clippings and burnt journal entries.

You stand for a second, in silence, then whisper, “What has?”

A single tear of terror escapes her eye as she lifts her head, looking dead into yours, “Mewtwo.”

Just then, a small, brown-haired girl with mousy glasses enters the room, holding several dusty books within her arms. She gently set them down on the table and pushed up her glasses, then looked to you, “That’s exactly why we've called you here; we need help returning Mewtwo to his peaceful state within the Laboratory on Faraway Island.” Katie reached over and picked up a small, aged piece of paper from the table, reading it aloud slowly:

“If any human sets foot here again, let it be a kindhearted person. It is with that hope that I leave this island...”

“That was written many years ago by a kind man, Mr. Fuji. Mr. Fuji’s research team discovered a powerful yet very docile Pokemon on the island, which he named Mew. But soon Mew gave birth. Mewtwo grew too powerful too quickly, deemed his existence an unnatural fabrication of science...” Jenn paused, wiping sweat from her forehead.

Katie spoke now, “Mr. Fuji left the island after writing that journal entry, then returned to his home on Cinnabar island. Vengeful, Mewtwo followed him and destroyed his mansion home, along with most of Cinnabar island. Mewtwo’s anger has been put to rest once before, but someone cruel must have returned to the island and infuriated Mewtwo.

“We need you to travel to Faraway Island, attracting Mewtwo, and then console him. Hopefully then, he’ll peacefully remain on the island with Mew where he belongs.” She said this last line softly and sympathetically, looking at the ground.

You thought for a moment, then smiled with confidence, “I know I can do this!”

The two girls smiled in unison, then Jenn stood, “Thank you! Mewtwo is a powerful adversary. Ideally, you won’t have to battle him, but if it does come to that, we recommend that you only bring Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type Pokemon that aren’t weak to Psychic-type attacks.”

---

Next thing you know, you find yourself on a large airplane. Nothing but ocean under you. Nothing but ocean in front of you. Nothing but ocean behind you. Your stomach begins to churn as a charming boy sits across from you. A smoothie in one hand, notebook overflowing with papers in another, he smiles towards you. You cross your legs awkwardly and stare out the window, trying to ignore the ache in your stomach.

The boy leans forward, suddenly looking quite serious, “You obviously know why you’re here. Mewtwo is simply trying to protect his fellow Pokemon, but doesn’t know to effectively do this without destroying every opposing force in its path. He simply wanted to live alone on the island in solitude...” his voice trailed off, “Anyway, I’m Kyle. Katie, Jenn, and I are discovering more and more information regarding the laboratory explosion that happened earlier this month. Mewtwo doesn't feel he has any options remaining... In his eyes, he’s sat on the sidelines and let cruelty dominate Pokemon for far too long.”

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 01-25-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Default Re: Mew and Mewtwo invasion is upon us.

So, if you’re like me and just skimmed the previous post, then I suggest you go back and actually read it because you’re missing out on some of my awesome writing skills and large back story otherwise.

Okay, now that you’re up to speed, here’s the nitty gritty of what you need to know:

• This will be a Contest Tournament, meaning that it’s rules are the exact same as any other ASB Contest. If you haven’t read through them before, here’s a link. Contest Passes are now free and no longer need to be purchased before participating in contests. Registration will take place here.

• You can only use Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type Pokemon that aren’t weak to Psychic-type moves. So you couldn’t use an Ariados, for example, as its partial Poison typing makes it 2x weak to Psychic attacks. Since this is a Contest, you’ll have to “bring” at least two Pokemon that fit this theme.

• The Appeal Arena will be the slightly marshy forest near the coastline, the Preliminary Arena will be set in the deep, humid jungles of Faraway Island, while the Final Arena will be set in the desecrated Laboratory itself. Make sure to utilize the surroundings to make your appeals and attacks as interesting and effective as possible.

• Rather than receiving a ribbon for your efforts regarding this quest, you will receive a medallion (designed by the wonderfully talented Dino) of your choosing. Their exact appearance will be released once a winner is decided.

• As if a pretty-yet-pointless rewards wasn’t cool enough, the winner will also receive $35 and two Vitamins/Items of their choosing. The second place prize will be $20 and a free Vitamin. Every finalist that advances past the Appeal Round will receive $10 and a randomly rolled Item valued at $25 or less.

• All evolutions for qualifying Pokemon from now up until January 31st will be FREE for all participants. Yep. This is to ensure that you arrive with as powerful a Pokemon as possible. But please sign up in this thread before you attempt to evolve your Pokemon.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-01-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Is the first appeal a single appeal or a double appeal, or is it two seperate appeal rounds? Or is it one Pokemon for one appeal round, and the other for a battle round?

[Yes I ask lots of questions. ><]
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Is the first appeal a single appeal or a double appeal, or is it two seperate appeal rounds? Or is it one Pokemon for one appeal round, and the other for a battle round?

[Yes I ask lots of questions. ><]
It's no problem. c:

Single appeal and single battles. You'll be using one Pokemon for your Appeal and a different one for your first battle. After that, you can use either Pokemon. For example, you Appeal using a Butterfree. After you advance, you can't use Butterfree in the first battle, so you use Froslass instead. Then, in the second battle, you could use either Butterfree or Froslass.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

This looks awesome, but I've never done a contest before. It'll definetly be a fun one to try out!

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Oh yes. Definitely. I'm signing up.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Coolness. I'm in.
A question though, does Larvitar 'qualify'? It's not technically dark until it's a Tyranitar.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
Coolness. I'm in.
A question though, does Larvitar 'qualify'? It's not technically dark until it's a Tyranitar.
Yep, it qualifies. c: Thanks for double checking.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

I'll join in on this.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

I'll sign up now that I has a pass! So, do we need to to approve us of signing up or something?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba View Post
So, do we need to to approve us of signing up or something?
Nope. :3 You're automatically all set.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

So is it just Pokemon we plan on using in the Contest event that get the free evolutions?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
So is it just Pokemon we plan on using in the Contest event that get the free evolutions?
No; any Pokemon that qualifies can be evolved for free, even f you don't plan on using it.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I'm signing up with Zoroark and Sandile. :3
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

I'm signing up for this. Will return after I've confirmed my two monstahs.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Closed Thread