Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: That Pokemon you want...

Dugtrio - very very very doubtful
Eevee - almost ceratin
Skarmory - doubtful
Donphan - very very very doubtful
Manetric - very very very doubtful
Spinda - doubtful
Sandslash - very very very doubtful
Venomoth - very very very doubtful
Primape - very very very doubtful
Jynx - doubtful
Lanturn - very very very doubtful

Just because they have low stats doesn't mean they'll get evolutions. :B
Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I just have some simple requests.

Ghost/Normal and Normal/Ground
ghost is an interesting type, it's rather uncommon and probally to avoid unbalancing thing's because it's like a better psychic. effective against it's self and psychic, while psychic is good against poison and fighting. defensivly it's much better than psychic being weak to it's self and the dark type will being imune to fighting and normal, ressistant to bug and posion compare this to psychic and you see why ghost is like psychic but better, psychic is weak to bug darka and ghost and resists psychic and fighting. Notice something? Yes they are very similar right? but wait ghost has 2 weaknesses but shared with psychic but is immune to two more and ressists bug not weak to it, while psychic is only reall immune to, well psychic and resisting poison is irrelevant. So ghost is better than psychic as we can ignore offensivly are they are rather forgettible compared to fire and dragon.

This makes the idea of new ghost types rather spiffing and what do we need? I have said it before and I'll sya it again, ghost/steel it's the best defensive typing in the game in my opinion and althrough it's not much different than psychic steel, this is the typing thta makes terrakion pee it's self cause not a sausage of his moves can lay a finger on any mon with it, even if they are some what frail if the likely chance of levitate comes in.

I tell you the day steel/ghost with levitate exists is the day the metagame becomes more balanced, rtaher than so offensive because the extra fighting immunity is so awesome against phsyicla attacks, it would have made bronzog's day
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
ghost is an interesting type, it's rather uncommon and probally to avoid unbalancing thing's because it's like a better psychic. effective against it's self and psychic, while psychic is good against poison and fighting. defensivly it's much better than psychic being weak to it's self and the dark type will being imune to fighting and normal, ressistant to bug and posion compare this to psychic and you see why ghost is like psychic but better, psychic is weak to bug darka and ghost and resists psychic and fighting. Notice something? Yes they are very similar right? but wait ghost has 2 weaknesses but shared with psychic but is immune to two more and ressists bug not weak to it, while psychic is only reall immune to, well psychic and resisting poison is irrelevant. So ghost is better than psychic as we can ignore offensivly are they are rather forgettible compared to fire and dragon.

This makes the idea of new ghost types rather spiffing and what do we need? I have said it before and I'll sya it again, ghost/steel it's the best defensive typing in the game in my opinion and althrough it's not much different than psychic steel, this is the typing thta makes terrakion pee it's self cause not a sausage of his moves can lay a finger on any mon with it, even if they are some what frail if the likely chance of levitate comes in.

I tell you the day steel/ghost with levitate exists is the day the metagame becomes more balanced, rtaher than so offensive because the extra fighting immunity is so awesome against phsyicla attacks, it would have made bronzog's day
Ghost/Steel effectiveness w/ Levitate
  • 2x: Fire
  • 1/2x:Grass, Ice, Rock, Steel, Flying, Psychic, Dragon
  • 1/4x: Bug
  • 0x: Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground

That leaves neutrality to Ghost, Dark, Water, and Electric-type moves.

With 4 immunities, this Pokémon could be a really good troll.

And now for a list of type combinations not covered yet:
Normal/Fire
Normal/Electric
Normal/Ice
Normal/Ground
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Dark
Normal/Dragon
Normal/Poison
Normal/Bug
Fire/Water
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Grass/Ghost
Grass/Dragon
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Dark
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Poison
Electric/Rock
Ice/Fighting
Ice/Poison
Ice/Bug
Ice/Rock
Ice/Steel
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dragon
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Dragon
Poison/Steel
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Ghost
Psychic/Dark
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Dragon
and Ghost/Steel
Old 01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
Ghost/Steel effectiveness w/ Levitate
  • 2x: Fire
  • 1/2x:Grass, Ice, Rock, Steel, Flying, Psychic, Dragon
  • 1/4x: Bug
  • 0x: Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground

That leaves neutrality to Ghost, Dark, Water, and Electric-type moves.

With 4 immunities, this Pokémon could be a really good troll.

And now for a list of type combinations not covered yet:
Normal/Fire
Normal/Electric
Normal/Ice
Normal/Ground
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Dark
Normal/Dragon
Normal/Poison
Normal/Bug
Fire/Water
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Grass/Ghost
Grass/Dragon
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Dark
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Poison
Electric/Rock
Ice/Fighting
Ice/Poison
Ice/Bug
Ice/Rock
Ice/Steel
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dragon
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Dragon
Poison/Steel
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Ghost
Psychic/Dark
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Dragon
and Ghost/Steel
ghost steel would play in the favour of stall very well it deals with rappid spiners, dragons and other threats such as terrakion, i hope if they make it they don't screew it up lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
ghost steel would play in the favour of stall very well it deals with rappid spiners, dragons and other threats such as terrakion, i hope if they make it they don't screew it up lol.
I'm surroised Terrakion is a threat to begin with. Seriously, a Solarbeam and it's keeled over like some flipped big rig. I only truly see its potential in luring Psychics into a Zoroark illusion.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
I'm surroised Terrakion is a threat to begin with. Seriously, a Solarbeam and it's keeled over like some flipped big rig. I only truly see its potential in luring Psychics into a Zoroark illusion.
then you are probally not familiar with competive battling or you'd know solar beam is a terrible move no one would use as it's easy to get a fre turn up on it. Or that having stab rock and fighting lets you hit virtually every pokemon in the game very hard as very few ressist it and terrkion has massive base 129 attack and acess to swords dance, few few things can switch into him with out huge damage form his stabs alone. He has great bulk with 91/90/90 bulk for a sweeper with excellent defence and has no need to use his special attack.
As for psychic many would have to revenge him such as the lati or take heavy damage from stone miss or his coverage move x scissor and zoroark is a poor choice of a pokemon because of how frail he is and dark is not a great attacking type.

If you'd like to know more about competitive battling please feel free to pm me i have got 5 1/2 years of experience
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
then you are probally not familiar with competive battling or you'd know solar beam is a terrible move no one would use as it's easy to get a fre turn up on it. Or that having stab rock and fighting lets you hit virtually every pokemon in the game very hard as very few ressist it and terrkion has massive base 129 attack and acess to swords dance, few few things can switch into him with out huge damage form his stabs alone. He has great bulk with 91/90/90 bulk for a sweeper with excellent defence and has no need to use his special attack.
As for psychic many would have to revenge him such as the lati or take heavy damage from stone miss or his coverage move x scissor and zoroark is a poor choice of a pokemon because of how frail he is and dark is not a great attacking type.

If you'd like to know more about competitive battling please feel free to pm me i have got 5 1/2 years of experience
For someone who's been competitive battling for over five years, you seemed to have forgotten about things such as Drought and Power Herb... Solarbeam is not a terrible move, and if people use it they are going to use it in combination with those things. >>

Also you don't know you're battling a Zoroark until after you hit it. Zoroark is not a poor choice of a Pokemon just because it's frail. Dark is a pretty good type to use if you figure out how to use it. It's one big mind game if you're using them properly. Not to mention most commonly used sets Scarf Terrakion so once it gets hit with Paralysis, it's pretty wrecked. Revenge made easy. Sure it can still hit hard but then everything else that's capable of beating it now out speeds it. Flying Gem + Acrobatics Archeops will murder it no matter how bulky it is.

Also Golurk. That is all.

ANYWAY TO KEEP ON TOPIC:

I don't think Venomoth needs to evolve. It was cool enough already. XD

I want to see Ice/Bug though, and Rock/Dragon... with Solid Rock as an ability...

They could always evolve Pokemon like they did with Scyther. You can use both of them and their stats didn't really change too much in terms of totals, they changed according to it's typing.

Maybe evolve Shuckle and switch the stats around? [Broken Eviolite candidate is broken.]

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 01-13-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

It would be interesting if they gave all three starter Pokemon two types and they were both super effective and also vunerable to other types.

For example, lets say:

Chespin is Grass/Dark
Fenniken is Fire/Psychic
Froakie is Water/Fighting

Looking at the first types ( -> means super effective against)

Chespin -> Froakie -> Fenniken -> Chespin
Grass -> Water -> Fire -> Grass

Looking at the second types ( -> means super effective against)

Froakie -> Chespin -> Finniken -> Froakie
Fighting -> Dark -> Psychic -> Fighting

This is just a guess, looking at the speculation towards the typings. I can actually see Froakie resembling some sort of fighting frog.

Spoiler:
Old 02-01-2013, 05:03 AM
TrickyWolfyx Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to TrickyWolfyx

Water/Fire xD
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Fighting
Fire/Electric (not counting forms like Rotom)
Ice/Rock

There is other types of species of critters that I would like to see as a Pokemon too.
Wolf
Tiger(yes Raikou is based off of a tiger..but I want another one xD)
Dolphin
Hummingbirds
Panda (Spinda..is just.. hmmm )
Lion Fish

More pokemon based off of critters from mythology would be nice too. :3
I want Another fully evolved quadruped dragon too that's not a legendary. Salamence needs a buddy.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

For some reason I imagine a Kung-fu Panda Pokemon that is Fire/Grass type... THAT'D BE COOL! 8D

Something I keep waiting for is to see one of the starter Pokemon being based off of the basilisk Pokemon--you know, the one that runs on water? I drew a fakemon of it that I really need to get scanned x3 I'm with Tricky in that I'd like to see a tiger- or hummingbird-based Pokemon x3 It'd be cool to see some real dinosaur Pokemon--stegosaurus and velociraptor or dilophosaurus seem like a good candidates to me :D

BUT outside that, I'd like to see a Dragon/Grass Pokemon--sure, it'll be way weak against Ice, but it gains some new resistance and power over other types :)

I really want to see a Ghost-type evolution of Eevee--all sorts of awesome there.

And I'd like some new type combos with Eletric. Got my Electric/Dragon, so now I need Electric/Grass, Ice/Fighting, and oh! Electric/Poison would be interesting! :D

Old 02-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Silverwynde Offline

Mine is simple-Steel/Ghost. As a Golurk evo. If that happens, I will be one happy fangirl.

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats
Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
Mine is simple-Steel/Ghost. As a Golurk evo. If that happens, I will be one happy fangirl.
Send this guy a line, maybe he'll grant you your wishes.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Send this guy a line, maybe he'll grant you your wishes.
I hate everything about that man. NO ONE. SHOULD EVER. DESIGN POKEMON. IF THEY ARE FROM THE WEST. xD

srs tho we suk @ dezining.

An evolution of Golurk seems pretty iffy...I've seen a lot of iffy requests though. Persian evolution, Skuntank evolution...all just seem very unlikely. Usually Pokemon that get evolutions are easy to be seen. Jynx looks like she might get one this Gen. HOPEFULLY she will. xD

I wanna see a Fire/Dragon that's not an ugly ferocious beast. D<
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I hate everything about that man. NO ONE. SHOULD EVER. DESIGN POKEMON. IF THEY ARE FROM THE WEST. xD

srs tho we suk @ dezining.

An evolution of Golurk seems pretty iffy...I've seen a lot of iffy requests though. Persian evolution, Skuntank evolution...all just seem very unlikely. Usually Pokemon that get evolutions are easy to be seen. Jynx looks like she might get one this Gen. HOPEFULLY she will. xD

I wanna see a Fire/Dragon that's not an ugly ferocious beast. D<
and spelling apparently

I agree about the Golurk evolution..that thing seem unrealistic.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
~Blast Burn

Post Re: That Pokemon you want...

Our education system is slowly deteriorating. Every time I walk outside I see a stupid person doing some stupid thing. Ugh I hat living here. e.e

Pokemon that already have three stages are completely evolved (unless they start doing 4 stages, which would be awesome). Pokemon like Breloom, Delcatty, Persian, Slowking, Forretress, etc will most likely never receive further evolutions.

Jynx, Eevee, etc could receive them, almost certain to for Eevee. It really depends on whether they'll start doing non-"special" Eeveelutions. Dragon is the only "special" Eeveelution undone.