Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: What You Want to See in the Starters

The only reason Psychics were prominent in R/B/Y is because they didn't balance it properly back in those days. They fixed that from Gen 2 and onward. Aside from legendaries [of which I don't use] the Psychic Pokemon aren't that bad. Yes some can be trollworthy but every type has their troll worthy Pokemon.

I honestly have never had that much of a problem deaing with Psychic Pokemon, especially after gen 4 where they created more powerful Bug type moves aside from Fury-Cutter.

Also, everyone uses Excadrill. The vast majority of players use Excadrill and that's why I'm not fond of it. I honestly prefer Steelix, but that's just me.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Froakie's glasses make me think he's smart. Thus I think he might become the Psychic Type starter.

Recall that just because they use a move, doesn't mean it's their type. Vulpix is also capable of using some Psychic moves, and it is not part of that type.

Personally, because of that fact with Vulpix, I'd like to see Fennekin become a type other than Psychic and Fighting later on in evolution.

I'm thinking it'll be Ground, because of the environment the animal it is based on lives in...

Chespin I have absolutely no idea. Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel do seem likely.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 AM
Pickleboy Offline

I dunno, we still have final evolutions to look into. So far, Fennikin is my favorite and Chespin is my least favorite. It'd be awesome if Chespin evolved to a Grass/Fighting type. It'd be unique and it would most likely make it less likley to have another fire/fighting type.

I get the feeling that Froakie will be pure Water his whole line, though I have been surprised before

I look forward to seeing Fennekin's line, though I hope they preserve the elegance and beauty it's basic form has. I also gett the feeling Fennekin will be pure Fire it's whole line

Last edited by Pickleboy; 01-15-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
I dunno, we still have final evolutions to look into. So far, Fennikin is my favorite and Chespin is my least favorite. It'd be awesome if Chespin evolved to a Grass/Fighting type. It'd be unique and it would most likely make it less likley to have another fire/fighting type.

I get the feeling that Froakie will be pure Water his whole line, though I have been surprised before

I look forward to seeing Fennekin's line, though I hope they preserve the elegance and beauty it's basic form has. I also gett the feeling Fennekin will be pure Fire it's whole line
I have now considered a possibility that Fennekin's family could be Fire/Dark, Fire/Normal, Fire/Steel, Fire/Rock, or Fire/Ice Pokémon. Remember how mostly Fire-types use Grass-type moves to counter Water-types, Rock-types, and Ground-types, how Fighting-types can use Rock-type moves to counter Flying-types and Bug or Dark-type moves to counter Psychic-types, and how Water-types use Ice-type moves to counter Grass-types? I've been thinking that Fennekin gaining access to Confusion, a Psychic-type move, could be a defensive measure to counter a super-effective Fighting-based Pokémon. I could be wrong that Fennekin can just conveniently use the move, but this does lie in as an inherent possibility.

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 01-15-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
I have now considered a possibility that Fennekin could be a Fire/Dark, Fire/Normal, Fire/Steel, Fire/Rock, or Fire/Ice Pokémon. Remember how mostly Fire-types use Grass-type moves to counter Water-types, Rock-types, and Ground-types, how Fighting-types can use Rock-type moves to counter Flying-types and Bug or Dark-type moves to counter Psychic-types, and how Water-types use Ice-type moves to counter Grass-types? I've been thinking that Fennekin gaining access to Confusion, a Psychic-type move, could be a defensive measure to counter a super-effective Fighting-based Pokémon. I could be wrong that Fennekin can just conveniently use the move, but this does lie in as an inherent possibility.
Well, if you're talking about THE Fenniken, then I'm afraid you're 100% wrong since it's legitimately confirmed that all the starters will be pure with no secondary typing.

I'm still betting on Fennikin's line being pure fire.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
Well, if you're talking about THE Fenniken, then I'm afraid you're 100% wrong since it's legitimately confirmed that all the starters will be pure with no secondary typing.

I'm still betting on Fennikin's line being pure fire.
I fixed it now.

And if Fennekin became pure Fire that would be a severe troll move on GameFreak's part as we already have a Fire Fox family by the names of Vulpix and Ninetales. The Fennekin family becoming pure Fire would be a blatant disregard for redundancy.

Hell if you look at all the Frogs that have been created, only Politoed is pure Water. Making Froakie's family pure Water would be spitting on everything that Politoed represents beyond King's Rock.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
I fixed it now.

And if Fennekin became pure Fire that would be a severe troll move on GameFreak's part as we already have a Fire Fox family by the names of Vulpix and Ninetales. The Fennekin family becoming pure Fire would be a blatant disregard for redundancy.

Hell if you look at all the Frogs that have been created, only Politoed is pure Water. Making Froakie's family pure Water would be spitting on everything that Politoed represents beyond King's Rock.
well they will both end up being unloved as the 2 weather starters enjoy their time int he sun and rain.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
PLEASE LET THE FIRE/FIGHTING CHAIN BE OVER!
Plot twist: All the starters become Fire/Fighting.

Anyway, I think Chespin will become Grass/Ground, as it looks more like a mole to me than a chipmunk. Froakie becoming Water/Poison or Water/Fighting wouldn't irritate me, though I feel like it'd be somewhat of a Dry Skin Toxicroak rip off. As for Fennikin... I have no idea. I honestly think it'll be pure Fire at this point. I always base my starter off the final forms, but Froakie s really growing on me, so I'll probably pick it even if its final form stinks. :3
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 AM
TrickyWolfyx Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to TrickyWolfyx

I do want them to be a single type, but thinking out the box.....

I think it would be cool if Fennekin was Fire/Ghost because of the Japanese myths that speak of fox-like spirits. Ninetails is based off of the same legends, but ghost like-appearances would be an interesting touch on a fox. I really hope that it does not grow more tails though. Vulpix and Ninetails already hold that role. (Kyubi) I would like it to remain quadruped.

I would think Chespin would be Grass/Ground just because of its appearance. x]

Though Froakie appears to have little clouds.. I would NOT want him to be Water/Flying because electricity would just murder it. Maybe Water/Steel or Water/Poison.. Hmmm

I would be the happiest if they just left all of them Fire, Water, and Grass xD
Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Silverwynde Offline

I'd love it if Froakie ends up as Water/Dark or Water/Fighting. It looked as though he was using a Fighting type attack in the video but we really don't know. It could have been using Beat Up. But I'd love it if Froakie was the half Fighter. You know, just to break tradition.

Fennekin could work as part Ghost or Dark. I wouldn't mind Psychic, either. But if it ends up being half Fighting, I won't hit any forums for about a month. Or however long it takes for the fallout to clear.

I'm not sure about Chespin. Grass/Poison has been done and Grass/Ground would have a severe weakness to Ice. I just can't think of a good type that could help Chespin out. (Man, I'm pretty glad that it's not up to me to figure this sort of thing out. I would stink at it.)

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats
Old 02-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

I think Chespin will be Grass/Ground at some point, Fennekin will be just Fire, and Froakie will be Water/Dark.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 AM
acerrj9 Offline

Froakie has some clouds going on in his background. Another flying/water type would be nice besides mantine. Chespin im hopeing to be Grass/Ground though it looks like it could be grass/normal or pure grass. I'm REALLY hopeing Fennekin doesn't end up being fire/fighting though its highly unlikely. In the trailer it showed it useing a physcic moce that looked like confusion. I could see a really nice result from a fire/physcic but I could also see a really bad, girly like loppuny not multisexual crap evolution that only gamefreak could come up with. -_- Oh well, only time can tell. :)
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrj9 View Post
Froakie has some clouds going on in his background. Another flying/water type would be nice besides mantine. Chespin im hopeing to be Grass/Ground though it looks like it could be grass/normal or pure grass. I'm REALLY hopeing Fennekin doesn't end up being fire/fighting though its highly unlikely. In the trailer it showed it useing a physcic moce that looked like confusion. I could see a really nice result from a fire/physcic but I could also see a really bad, girly like loppuny not multisexual crap evolution that only gamefreak could come up with. -_- Oh well, only time can tell. :)
Gyarados, Wingull, Pelipper, etc.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
OldMax Offline

I wish it would have the option to have pokes follow you again