Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Minecraft/Pokemon IA thoughts

As I was stumbling around the internet, I found a mod for Minecraft-Pixelmon, which allows Pokemon to appear in game. It's a truly in-depth mod which pretty much makes Minecraft a completely different game, so I recommend it. I was completely engrossed in it.

It also inspired me to make, well, a Minecraft/Pokemon crossover in the form of an Interactive Adventure-the idea hit me like a lightning bolt not long afterwards. I have an idea on how to go about it, but as IA's require people to be involved, I wondered if anyone was interested. I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact plot, outside of being shipwrecked and cast onto an island. However, I can promise there IS one.

Any thoughts? Comments? People who are so totally going to participate until it dies? An IV Bred, EV trained Lv 100 Shiny Latios with Soul Dew ready for the Ubers up for trade?

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Sheepat Offline

Default Re: Minecraft/Pokemon IA thoughts

I'll try to participate. It sounds pretty awesome. What would be pretty neat is if we treated it like a real Minecraft world - there is not set story line, just you making your own story.

Last edited by Sheepat; 02-27-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Dragotech Offline

I don't know exactly if I understand what an Interactive Adventure is, but it sounds fun.
Will Minecraft physics apply, and will there be Minecraft Mobs running around. (everyone secretly loves Creepers =P)

Yes Pixelmon is a cool mod.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepat View Post
I'll try to participate. It sounds pretty awesome. What would be pretty neat is if we treated it like a real Minecraft world - there is not set story line, just you making your own story.
Actually, there was a storyline to it. It's mostly exploration of the environment, but not all of it is that. The main bit is, you're an amnesiac stowaway that happened to get caught in a nasty storm. You woke up, stole several pieces of unguarded equipment, and managed to get on a lifeboat-which is where we start off. We'll get to an island shortly thereafter where the real adventure begins. There is a plot-aside from local intrigue in each area, there's also the overarching theme of surviving and escaping the island-which I can assure you will become infinitely more complicated than you are guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
I don't know exactly if I understand what an Interactive Adventure is, but it sounds fun.
Will Minecraft physics apply, and will there be Minecraft Mobs running around. (everyone secretly loves Creepers =P)

Yes Pixelmon is a cool mod.
An Interactive Adventure is set up so that one person-the narrarator-posts a scene. The participating group suggests ideas for the character to do. The Narrarator then posts back, picking some of the ideas for the character to do and executing them, and the process repeats until conclusion. Or death.

The world is treated somewhat more realistically-though some obvious injects of Minecraft are there, IE Creepers, Endermen, Nether Portals, ect. Explained, but there. That being said, expect weird things when Minecraft Physics occur.

Pixelmon IS a cool mod. In the IA, Pokemon are also going around the place. Even Legends, if you're looking hard enough-and every one there CAN be caught. All Pokemon have abilities that will definitely help your survival-for instance, Water-Types are unlimited sources of freshwater. Of course, several are just as vicious as the hostile Mobs-and unlike the Mobs, they do NOT burn up in sunlight (Of course, the night-bound mobs are more dangerous than the hostile Pokemon.)

I cannot say too much. If I get a little more support, I might just launch it. It's my first time doing an IA, but I'm determined to do it good.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!