Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:32 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!
-02/21/06-

PokePark, the temporary Pokemon theme park that was held in Japan, is now heading to the country of Taiwan. It will open this summer on June 23rd, 2006, and will end on September 24th, 2006. The PokePark will be held at the Shilin district, Taipet City.

The PokePark offers a variety of rides, arcade games, stage shows, shops, and cafes.

PokePark at Nagoya, Japan
PokePark originally started in Nagoya, Japan. It was held during March 18th, 2005 through September 25th, 2005.

Other Possible Locations?
It has been announced that the PokePark will move to another location after the Taiwan visit. The locations being considered are the United States, Europe, and Shanghai (China).

Related Links
Official PokePark Taiwan Website (English Version): http://www.pokepark.tw/en/
Old 02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

It looks great, I've seen pictures of the first time they had it in Japan, but even if it was held in the United States some year, I probably still wouldn't go...

1. It would probably be in a city that's no where near me.
2. At 23 years old now... yeah, you get the idea...

Old 02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
It looks great, I've seen pictures of the first time they had it in Japan, but even if it was held in the United States some year, I probably still wouldn't go...

1. It would probably be in a city that's no where near me.
2. At 23 years old now... yeah, you get the idea...
lol... well, the rides are definitely not "thrill rides" by any measure. Very tame rides, so it won't attract too people looking for some good rides.

But they do show the Pokemon movies there, as well as the exclusive PokePark only 3D Pokemon movie, starring Mew.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

The ironic thing is one day I tell my friend that they should make a pokemon theme park or a nintendo theme park. I also tell him that there should be a roller coaster with rayquaza being the cart and a bunch of nintendo themed rides(ex:link stuff, metroid stuff, etc). Then 2 weeks pass and I found out that they were actually making a pokemon park in Japan. I was really surprised. And I was even more surprised when I found out there really was a rayquaza rollercoaster. If you don't beleive me, I have my friend to back me up. But it was really weird how I thought this up and then the pokemon company thinks up this thing as well. The only problem is that they thought up of a temporary park, not a permanent like Universal Studios, and Walt Disney World.

"Great minds think alike"
Go to the Anime section

Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard64
The ironic thing is one day I tell my friend that they should make a pokemon theme park or a nintendo theme park. I also tell him that there should be a roller coaster with rayquaza being the cart and a bunch of nintendo themed rides(ex:link stuff, metroid stuff, etc). Then 2 weeks pass and I found out that they were actually making a pokemon park in Japan. I was really surprised. And I was even more surprised when I found out there really was a rayquaza rollercoaster. If you don't beleive me, I have my friend to back me up. But it was really weird how I thought this up and then the pokemon company thinks up this thing as well. The only problem is that they thought up of a temporary park, not a permanent like Universal Studios, and Walt Disney World.

"Great minds think alike"
lol, well I think you (as well as Nintendo) based your idea on the "dragon roller coaster" ride that is common in many theme parks or carnivals. Not sure if you know about it, but there's a common roller coaster I see a lot that features a dragon, and it's a short tame track just like the Rayquaza one in PokePark. So you just replace that dragon with a Rayquaza, and it's the same idea (even with a similar track design).

Several of the rides are like that though, based on existing ideas, but with a Pokemon twist. Like a Pokemon merry-go-round (no horses, uses Pokemon).
Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Alonso Offline

Talking Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
lol, well I think you (as well as Nintendo) based your idea on the "dragon roller coaster" ride that is common in many theme parks or carnivals. Not sure if you know about it, but there's a common roller coaster I see a lot that features a dragon, and it's a short tame track just like the Rayquaza one in PokePark. So you just replace that dragon with a Rayquaza, and it's the same idea (even with a similar track design).

Several of the rides are like that though, based on existing ideas, but with a Pokemon twist. Like a Pokemon merry-go-round (no horses, uses Pokemon).
Yeah, there are several dragon roller coasters like Dueling Dragons in Islands of Adventure but the only thing I thought up of was the rayquaza roller coaster. I never thought up of the other rides they had, like the Merry-Go-Round with the legendary dogs.
NOTE: I did not go to Nintendo and asked them to do this. They came up with this idea as well as I did. There are probably a number of other people in this world that came up with this idea.
But it would also be cool if they did make a Nintendo theme park, and like I said before, use characters from like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Mario and all the stuff Nintendo owns. That would be great!
Go to the Anime section

Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Hey guys, not dead, just replying quickly cause I am @ work. But yeah I hopes it comes to Houston, kind of want to take my niece.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Hey guys, not dead, just replying quickly cause I am @ work. But yeah I hopes it comes to Houston, kind of want to take my niece.
New York will probably be the most likely location (if they can find a suitable location, since the PokePark will take a lot of room, and likely for a long period of time). A lot of tourists to New York, so that's definitely one of the top cities it might go to if PokePark comes ot the US.

Speaking of Houston though, wouldn't be surprising it landed there also. They did hold the Pokemon Space Party there back in 2004. And the city is "Pokemon friendly" lol... the city declared it Pokemon Space Party month during the event.

Miami is another spot I think would be suitable, a lot of events has been in Florida. Like the 2004 TCG world championships.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Alonso Offline

Quote:
New York will probably be the most likely location (if they can find a suitable location, since the PokePark will take a lot of room, and likely for a long period of time). A lot of tourists to New York, so that's definitely one of the top cities it might go to if PokePark comes ot the US.

Speaking of Houston though, wouldn't be surprising it landed there also. They did hold the Pokemon Space Party there back in 2004. And the city is "Pokemon friendly" lol... the city declared it Pokemon Space Party month during the event.

Miami is another spot I think would be suitable, a lot of events has been in Florida. Like the 2004 TCG world championships.
Miami would be perfect, there is a lot of open space there . Nothing bad happens in Miami except for hurricanes. And that is only around late summer and fall. Weather conditions are perfect.
Go to the Anime section

Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:

Ah, that is so correct. Houston is very Pokémon friendly. If you remember Houston was one of the first cities that hosted the first season of Pokémon Rocks America. Then it decided to come back in 2004 for a week-long event where they screened I think the Jirachi movie in the BIG, I mean GIANT screen. :)
Old 02-23-2006, 03:47 PM
AbXtreme Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AbXtreme Send a message via MSN to AbXtreme

i'm sad Pokemon NEVER comes to England........thanks alot Nintendo

'You maybe able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inivitable death'

Old 02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
sonano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to sonano

I, a fellow englishman, am also upset by this. but i guess the truth of the matter is that england isn't that big, and it rains all the time. if it came to europe it would probably go to spain or somewhere like that, france is more likly i think.