Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-21-2006, 07:32 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!
-02/21/06-


PokePark, the temporary Pokemon theme park that was held in Japan, is now heading to the country of Taiwan. It will open this summer on June 23rd, 2006, and will end on September 24th, 2006. The PokePark will be held at the Shilin district, Taipet City.

The PokePark offers a variety of rides, arcade games, stage shows, shops, and cafes.

PokePark at Nagoya, Japan
PokePark originally started in Nagoya, Japan. It was held during March 18th, 2005 through September 25th, 2005.

Other Possible Locations?
It has been announced that the PokePark will move to another location after the Taiwan visit. The locations being considered are the United States, Europe, and Shanghai (China).

Related Links
Official PokePark Taiwan Website (English Version): http://www.pokepark.tw/en/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

It looks great, I've seen pictures of the first time they had it in Japan, but even if it was held in the United States some year, I probably still wouldn't go...

1. It would probably be in a city that's no where near me.
2. At 23 years old now... yeah, you get the idea...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
It looks great, I've seen pictures of the first time they had it in Japan, but even if it was held in the United States some year, I probably still wouldn't go...

1. It would probably be in a city that's no where near me.
2. At 23 years old now... yeah, you get the idea...
lol... well, the rides are definitely not "thrill rides" by any measure. Very tame rides, so it won't attract too people looking for some good rides.

But they do show the Pokemon movies there, as well as the exclusive PokePark only 3D Pokemon movie, starring Mew.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

The ironic thing is one day I tell my friend that they should make a pokemon theme park or a nintendo theme park. I also tell him that there should be a roller coaster with rayquaza being the cart and a bunch of nintendo themed rides(ex:link stuff, metroid stuff, etc). Then 2 weeks pass and I found out that they were actually making a pokemon park in Japan. I was really surprised. And I was even more surprised when I found out there really was a rayquaza rollercoaster. If you don't beleive me, I have my friend to back me up. But it was really weird how I thought this up and then the pokemon company thinks up this thing as well. The only problem is that they thought up of a temporary park, not a permanent like Universal Studios, and Walt Disney World.

"Great minds think alike"
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard64
The ironic thing is one day I tell my friend that they should make a pokemon theme park or a nintendo theme park. I also tell him that there should be a roller coaster with rayquaza being the cart and a bunch of nintendo themed rides(ex:link stuff, metroid stuff, etc). Then 2 weeks pass and I found out that they were actually making a pokemon park in Japan. I was really surprised. And I was even more surprised when I found out there really was a rayquaza rollercoaster. If you don't beleive me, I have my friend to back me up. But it was really weird how I thought this up and then the pokemon company thinks up this thing as well. The only problem is that they thought up of a temporary park, not a permanent like Universal Studios, and Walt Disney World.

"Great minds think alike"
lol, well I think you (as well as Nintendo) based your idea on the "dragon roller coaster" ride that is common in many theme parks or carnivals. Not sure if you know about it, but there's a common roller coaster I see a lot that features a dragon, and it's a short tame track just like the Rayquaza one in PokePark. So you just replace that dragon with a Rayquaza, and it's the same idea (even with a similar track design).

Several of the rides are like that though, based on existing ideas, but with a Pokemon twist. Like a Pokemon merry-go-round (no horses, uses Pokemon).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Talking Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
lol, well I think you (as well as Nintendo) based your idea on the "dragon roller coaster" ride that is common in many theme parks or carnivals. Not sure if you know about it, but there's a common roller coaster I see a lot that features a dragon, and it's a short tame track just like the Rayquaza one in PokePark. So you just replace that dragon with a Rayquaza, and it's the same idea (even with a similar track design).

Several of the rides are like that though, based on existing ideas, but with a Pokemon twist. Like a Pokemon merry-go-round (no horses, uses Pokemon).
Yeah, there are several dragon roller coasters like Dueling Dragons in Islands of Adventure but the only thing I thought up of was the rayquaza roller coaster. I never thought up of the other rides they had, like the Merry-Go-Round with the legendary dogs.
NOTE: I did not go to Nintendo and asked them to do this. They came up with this idea as well as I did. There are probably a number of other people in this world that came up with this idea.
But it would also be cool if they did make a Nintendo theme park, and like I said before, use characters from like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Mario and all the stuff Nintendo owns. That would be great!
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Hey guys, not dead, just replying quickly cause I am @ work. But yeah I hopes it comes to Houston, kind of want to take my niece.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Hey guys, not dead, just replying quickly cause I am @ work. But yeah I hopes it comes to Houston, kind of want to take my niece.
New York will probably be the most likely location (if they can find a suitable location, since the PokePark will take a lot of room, and likely for a long period of time). A lot of tourists to New York, so that's definitely one of the top cities it might go to if PokePark comes ot the US.

Speaking of Houston though, wouldn't be surprising it landed there also. They did hold the Pokemon Space Party there back in 2004. And the city is "Pokemon friendly" lol... the city declared it Pokemon Space Party month during the event.

Miami is another spot I think would be suitable, a lot of events has been in Florida. Like the 2004 TCG world championships.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
New York will probably be the most likely location (if they can find a suitable location, since the PokePark will take a lot of room, and likely for a long period of time). A lot of tourists to New York, so that's definitely one of the top cities it might go to if PokePark comes ot the US.

Speaking of Houston though, wouldn't be surprising it landed there also. They did hold the Pokemon Space Party there back in 2004. And the city is "Pokemon friendly" lol... the city declared it Pokemon Space Party month during the event.

Miami is another spot I think would be suitable, a lot of events has been in Florida. Like the 2004 TCG world championships.
Miami would be perfect, there is a lot of open space there . Nothing bad happens in Miami except for hurricanes. And that is only around late summer and fall. Weather conditions are perfect.
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section



Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
New York will probably be the most likely location (if they can find a suitable location, since the PokePark will take a lot of room, and likely for a long period of time). A lot of tourists to New York, so that's definitely one of the top cities it might go to if PokePark comes ot the US.

Speaking of Houston though, wouldn't be surprising it landed there also. They did hold the Pokemon Space Party there back in 2004. And the city is "Pokemon friendly" lol... the city declared it Pokemon Space Party month during the event.

Miami is another spot I think would be suitable, a lot of events has been in Florida. Like the 2004 TCG world championships.
Ah, that is so correct. Houston is very Pokémon friendly. If you remember Houston was one of the first cities that hosted the first season of Pokémon Rocks America. Then it decided to come back in 2004 for a week-long event where they screened I think the Jirachi movie in the BIG, I mean GIANT screen. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2006, 03:47 PM
AbXtreme's Avatar
AbXtreme Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: IN HELL!
Posts: 526
Send a message via AIM to AbXtreme Send a message via MSN to AbXtreme
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

i'm sad Pokemon NEVER comes to England........thanks alot Nintendo
__________________


'You maybe able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inivitable death'

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
sonano's Avatar
sonano Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Camp Pikachu with Wynaut
Posts: 181
Send a message via MSN to sonano
Default Re: PokePark In Taiwan: Summer 2006!

I, a fellow englishman, am also upset by this. but i guess the truth of the matter is that england isn't that big, and it rains all the time. if it came to europe it would probably go to spain or somewhere like that, france is more likly i think.
__________________
Pearl FC: 4639 6360 5219
name: sonano

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com