Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:11 PM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx
Default Pokemon Manga Scanlations?

Does anybody happen to know where I could possibly find Pokemon Special (Adventures) Manga Scanlations (Meaning, not scans of the flipped version, the original only translated) I've been looking around for some time now but with no luck.

BTW I changed by avvie for the first time since I joined. lol
Old 04-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pokemon Manga Scanlations?

Yep.

http://www.serebii.net/manga/

Is this what you are looking for? This was the first place that came to mind.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:14 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Scanlations, not summaries.

[Link removed]

Just Volume 8.1 sorry. If I find anymore, I'll let you know.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by Zenaku; 04-12-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 AM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

OK, thanks I appreciate it.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Hm... I have mixed opinions on this thread. While some Pokemon Manga has been released in English speaking countries, I don't believe the later chapters have been. They seem to be mainly licenced in Asia (You can order from www.wallgarden.com.sg) but few sites have them (As my previous link does).

However, the site you listed PF also contains FMA scans, and that's licenced in English countries, so at the very least I'll be taking that link out. I'll leave this open for now, though only put in links if you're sure all the content is unlicenced.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

The Pokemon Adventures manga only reached like volume 7 out of 21 in the US. But the Manga is published in English in Singapore to this day. But as far as I know the Singapore version flips the images and I like to read my manga in the original format, that's why I'm asking for a place where I can find scanlations. Plus the English Manga is VERY hard to come by for people in the US as the company doing it in Singapore (Chang Yi I think) will not ship to the US...
Old 04-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Yes, I'm mostly aware that Viz never made it past Volume 7, which is partially why I didn't close this thread (Technically, the entire manga should be considered licenced, unless there was confirmation that Viz has no plans to ever continue).

Hm... So, Chang Yi flips the images eh? I suppose I can understand that. The only manga I actually have on paper is Negima, and I prefer it the way it is, rather than having the art switched. Of course, you could always read the text and then look at the art in a mirror, lol.

Hm... I'm not too sure about all of this. Should links be allowed due to it being incomplete, I wonder. At any rate, licenced Manga shouldn't be allowed here (Much like links to licenced anime) so the link PF gave had to be removed.

If anyone can get links which don't have licenced manga, with Volume 8+ of Pokemon Special, I'll probably allow it due to "lack of availability" in the US or UK.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist