Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Ultima Shadow Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ultima Shadow Send a message via MSN to Ultima Shadow
Default Re: Clone or Baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy
Pokedex Entries

Red/Blue: It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
Yellow: Its DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, its size and disposition are vastly different
Crystal: Said to rest quietly in an undiscovered cave, this POKEMON was created solely for battling.
I think it was a combination of both theories. Mew was the creator of all Pokemon, and, once captured, the scientists decided to test this theory that Mew could give birth to creatures that aren't Mews by injecting foreign DNA into Mew, who gave birth to Mewtwo.

That's my theory.

w00t grader!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady on MSN...
βēŋĵď ™ says:
I hate quotes in sigs...
*INSERT TONS OF ANNOYING SMILEYS AND ANIMATED GIFS HERE OLOLOLOLOL*
Hidden Truths (My current URPG Story)
Dojo the Salamence
Level 100 @ 1570

Old 04-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Cris Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Location: fighting ghosts with my favorite super hero,Danny Phantom

Is like Shadow the Hedgehod, it was created to be the ultimate lifeform.And in the movie Mew and Mewtwo fought like they weren't family or knew each other.

*Rotator by DU*
Cris' Important Stuff:

VPP Stats
URPG Stats
.:lVirtual Gyml:.Apprentice

Credit to Mitsuko Souma for the 'is mine' idea.

Danny Phantom rocks!
Old 04-09-2006, 02:35 AM
mjay Offline
Elite Trainer

Im a Mew Expert: my theories are
For me yes Mew is a female, and had given birth to mewtwo. In previous websites I visited It had mewtwo in a smaller version which I think that was him as a baby. I think the scientist Cloned Mewtwo which was already born but wanted to make it more powerful. Also about Mewtwo's father I think it wasn't meant for him to have a father. Most Pokemon websites it says Mew is said to believe the creator of all pokemon, so my theory for that is Mew can hacth both gender eggs which explains why in the first place they are genders. This is just an Theory of mine, Many on other sites know me as the Mew expert, others may think im a lie. If you want more info on my theory, please send me a private message. Thankyou

Mew is a girl proof- website-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mew_%28...mon%29#History

Mew appears as a feline-esque, floating sprite. To the casual observer it appears hairless, but when viewed through a microscope its 'skin' can be seen to construe a layer of fine, pink fur. It seems to be genderless, though its appearance somewhat indicates feminity. She is known as a playful Pokémon who acts benevolently for the good of all Pokémon. One can think of her as protector, since she arrived to stop Mewtwo from controlling the planet. She moves in giant pink bubbles of psychic energy. She is identified by her short arms, long legs, big blue eyes, and long tail, which she uses to play with others (coiling or stroking, among other seductive means).

Mew's DNA is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon, enabling it to use all kinds of techniques. Because it can learn any move, some experts and scientists began research to see if it is the ancestor of all Pokémon. In addition to its wildly variable techniques, it can also transform into a nearby Pokémon in the same manner of Ditto. It is also capable of teleportation and making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people or other Pokémon.

Last edited by mjay; 04-09-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:09 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

I didn't read any of the replies.

It's NOT the fault of 4Kids. In the animé, Mewtwo was cloned, in the games, Mew gave birth. In the manga, Mewtwo was cloned. Plain and simple.

Mew has no gender fool.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 04-11-2006, 01:22 AM
mjay Offline
Elite Trainer

Did you read the link? Anyway Mew surely isn't a boy, what kinda boy sounds like a girl nad acts like one? and no your a fool.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:59 AM
sonano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to sonano

Pokemon contradicts itself all the time, like in the power plant you think it's a pokeball/item but its an electrode. then you look in the 'dex and it says electode is like 4ft tall or something. WTF?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 AM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite 4 Mitch
I think it was a combination of both theories. Mew was the creator of all Pokemon, and, once captured, the scientists decided to test this theory that Mew could give birth to creatures that aren't Mews by injecting foreign DNA into Mew, who gave birth to Mewtwo.

That's my theory.
I agree a combonation of both theories seems more likely
Old 04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Dragonfree Offline
Experienced Trainer

You know, when a creature is cloned, a nucleus from an egg is placed inside another egg whose nucleus has been removed and then artificially placed inside a surrogate mother's womb. It is then given birth to in a normal way.

Wow, problem solved. :o

The only real inconsistency between the game and animé is whether the scientists actually found a live Mew or just a fossil.

Last edited by Dragonfree; 04-11-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:01 PM
mjay Offline
Elite Trainer

Well theres many mysteries of pokemon we have a long time solving.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjay
Did you read the link? Anyway Mew surely isn't a boy, what kinda boy sounds like a girl nad acts like one? and no your a fool.
The link is wrong. IN the games, Mew is genderless, that's all there is to it.

@Orbulon XLVII From what I gather, your character isn't too bright. You're right, you can't mistake an Itemball for an Electrode.

@Dragonfree
Recall PKMN the Movie: 1, where all the pokes where magically cloned in 3 seconds. Same with Mewtwo. IN the games, no mention of cloning is involved. Mew gives birth, Mewtwo has a temper tantrum. Problem solved.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Dragonfree Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy
The link is wrong. IN the games, Mew is genderless, that's all there is to it.

@Orbulon XLVII From what I gather, your character isn't too bright. You're right, you can't mistake an Itemball for an Electrode.

@Dragonfree
Recall PKMN the Movie: 1, where all the pokes where magically cloned in 3 seconds. Same with Mewtwo. IN the games, no mention of cloning is involved. Mew gives birth, Mewtwo has a temper tantrum. Problem solved.
Sure, Mewtwo could clone them like that. Nobody says the scientists did, ergo, Mewtwo can have been both cloned and given birth to.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 AM
mjay Offline
Elite Trainer

Heres proof that Mew gave birth to Mewtwo.
Also shown in the Red Blue and Yellow version Pokemon games is a diary entry from a scientists in Cinnabar Islands burned down mansion stating "Diary: Feb. 6 MEW gave birth." Seeing how the Red and Blue Versions came before all the other game frachise this shows that Mewtwo was orignally born from Mew's Womb not a clone. The future creations of movies, TV shows, and manga show other wise but the game came first showing the true orgin of Mewtwo.

Which is found here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mewtwo#...ies_and_Powers
Old 04-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Unknown001 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfree
You know, when a creature is cloned, a nucleus from an egg is placed inside another egg whose nucleus has been removed and then artificially placed inside a surrogate mother's womb. It is then given birth to in a normal way.

Wow, problem solved. :o

The only real inconsistency between the game and animé is whether the scientists actually found a live Mew or just a fossil.
thats sounds possible weird thing is this when i was reading the page

In the manga, instead of being cloned from Mew by Professor Fuji, it was Blaine who had cloned it, during his times as a Rocket scientist under Giovanni. Mewtwo was created using the DNA of both Mew and Blaine, and in an accident during the process, Blaine gained some of Mewtwo's DNA in his hand, allowing him to track the location of Mewtwo. Mewtwo recently makes a return in the Fire Red Leaf Green addition of the manga where he helps Red confront Deoxys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mewtwo#Manga_appearances

i think how mewtwo exists really depends on the reader cuz some people believe in the manga more while others go by game or movie