Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:47 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Reminder: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon Airs This Saturday!

Reminder: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon Airs This Saturday!
-04/24/06-

This is a reminder that The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, an one hour TV special, will be aired on Kids WB this Saturday, April 29th, at 10AM. The one hour special celebrates the 10th year anniversary of Pokemon.

You can view the trailer for The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon at the official Kids WB website: http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/web/stu...lay.jsp?id=POK

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 04-25-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Reminder: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon Airs This Saturday!

And...you never posted what time it comes on and I'm too lazy to follow the links.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:00 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpiguno
And...you never posted what time it comes on and I'm too lazy to follow the links.
lol, and if you followed that link, you would have seen the time and the trailer. But fine , I added the 10AM start time in the news now.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx

I'm somewhat excited for this despite the new voice actors... It looks like an interesting story...
Old 04-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

This will be the first Pokemon episode I watch in over a year. Watching it cuz specials mostly never fail to be good, no matter the show.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Wow, I actually watched Pokémon for the first time in a long, long while. And yes, I see they applied the new voice actors as well. In my personal opinion…

Ash’s Voice = Much worse than before. Sounds like they used his voice before for another character, but I don’t remember which one.
Misty’s Voice = Not too much change, but the other one was better.
May’s Voice = Actually, I find her new voice better than before. Sounds a bit more mature and less hopeless.
Brock’s Voice = Not as good, but not totally horrible either. A little too deep honestly.
Max’s Voice = A little better than before.
Jessie’s Voice = Didn’t notice too much of a difference.
James’s Voice = Undoubtedly terrible. Doesn’t match James’s humorous character.
Meowth’s Voice = Kind of mixed, some points sounded better, others sounded worse.

As for the whole episode itself, it was somewhat good, but it didn’t feel like an hour’s worth of time when it actually was. However, considering the plot twists and storyline, it seems to work much better with an hour’s worth of time to develop. Special effects were pretty good, but it did feel a lot like a normal episode with just a little more finesse. Pretty decent, but I don’t think it will get me back into watching the series again. But it was nice to see them use an original idea, Pokémon is the kind of show that really needs an hour to really get into depth to make a good episode. Half hour flicks obviously don’t do as well.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Newbie Offline
New Trainer

Unhappy Re: Reminder: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon Airs This Saturday!

I missed today's show. Can someone who recorded it (or plans to record it in another time zone) please make it available for download (perhaps via BitTorrent)?

Failing that, could someone post some clips somewhere? I'm eager to hear the new voices. Even MP3s would be better than nothing.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Umbreon Shadow Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

DId anyone think that Professor Oak's password being RedGreen was hinting to something?

~ [VPP - Luxray - Finished @ 2484] ~

~ [ VPP Stats | URPG Stats | Coordinator Stats ] ~
Old 04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbreon Shadow
DId anyone think that Professor Oak's password being RedGreen was hinting to something?
im in UKL, i didnty see it *Wheeps* like the guy 2 post above me said, can any1 who recordfed it make it downloadeable, plz * thx

Oh and US, it does seem a llittle startange, i will quetly wisper you what it is POKEMON FIRE RED & POKEMON LEAF GREEN

Made By Me :D
Old 05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx

I wasn't prepared to hear this voices I almost ran and hid, I thought they were supposed to be 'sound alikes' not 'God Aweful sound nothing alikes' but I think I can get used to them just not Ash. Plus remember that this is their first shot at it and the voices will become better.

My Overall Opinion:

Ash: The worst 3/10 Taylor was much, much better. It needs the emotion she put into it.
Brock: Not bad. Needs to be less deep. But nothing will ever come close to Eric Stuart's Brock. 6.5/10
Misty: Not bad at all. Missing emotion at times but OK. Still doesn't beat the original. 6.6/10
May: She sounds like she's 20 enough said. Taylor's was much better. 4/10
Max: I loved the 4Kids Max this one is a horrible attempt. 3.7/10
Oak: My God, he was bad. Nothing was better in my opinion than the 4Kids Oak he sounded awesome. 3.1/10
James: It wasn't Stuart enough said, but my major complaint is his voice is too deep, it's doesn't fit his personality. 4/10
Jessies: Not bad actually, not quite as good as Lillis but not bad. 7/10
Meowth: He was OK, but Maddie Blaustein's Meowth was the best. She spent a long time trying to recreate Meowth in all his glory for English audiences and it was awesome... some even say it's better than the original Meowth. New Meowth 5/10
Dr. Yung/ MM: Awesome voice work!! I loved his voice. And that's not because I'm a Sean Schemmel (voice of Goku fom DBZ) fan. I had no idea it was him until I went here on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mas...e_Pok%C3%A9mon (It lists all of the new actors)

Anyway, besides the actors the story and music were great!

Overall Score: 7.9/10

EDIT:
Quote:
im in UKL, i didnty see it *Wheeps* like the guy 2 post above me said, can any1 who recordfed it make it downloadeable, plz * thx

Oh and US, it does seem a llittle startange, i will quetly wisper you what it is POKEMON FIRE RED & POKEMON LEAF GREEN
Actually it's more like Pokemon Red and Pokemon Green the original games (It kinda fits as this is a tenth anniversary special) FR and LG were remakes...

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 05-02-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

There were too many comercials...