Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
I think you're all forgetting one thing; you're all under the assumption that the voice acting is bad. Save your petitions until after you've heard it.

Personally, as a viewer of both the English and Japanese versions, I say good riddance to 4Kids and their actors. Pokemon USA, as Ryan said, Pokemon USA is another part of the Pokemon Company in Japan. They won't hire a voice actor if they aren't up to the challenge.

Once the series gets rolling, and PUSA gets all the profits from the series, the wages of the voice actors will without a doubt go up; I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them would agree to work for cheaper rates for the 9th season, if a chance for an increase wasn't far off.

I get a little irritated seeing all these "Save the Dub" petitions around, especially when it's almost unanimous among serious anime fans that 4Kids is terrible at dubbing, especially considering the cuts.

Although unrelated to voice actors, it also can't be denied of the fact that as a subsidory of the Pokemon Company of Japan, it's very possible that any DVDs will come out dual-audio, so for those who buy DVD's, voice changes wouldn't really be a big problem.

Ah, if only the information could be misinterpreted... Then again, it's not very clear, as it could be either context. What I'm talking about, is the stated "imitation". Are Pokemon USA searching for VAs that can imitate the previous VAs of the English dub, or the original Japanese series?
And i think you should just shut your fat ass up, I believe that if we petition now that they will think hey if were already getting bad reactions just think what would happen if we did change them!