Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-29-2004, 02:13 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS
Default The Spheal of Approval Disscusion Thread

... Oh Gawd...

WTF did they do?!
They screwed up in every possible way. Ok maybe not every possible way, but in all ways I truly CARED about.

Sealeo sounds like a hobo-psychotic freak-show and spheal is a little kid on helium who just had his vocal cords ripped out...
I was actually looking forward to this episode since I found out about it on Serribi, and then I quote myself the second I heard Sealeo just minutes ago.

OH GAWD!
I am so dissapointed in this episode. Mostly the voices, but I still am dissapointed. I have been traumatized.
I want to protest against WB until they re-record the show with a better Sealeo voice. (ok maybe not but...) It got gradually better as the episode progressed, but you know something is wrong when TMTS was glad sealeo wasn't in the last 2 minute part of the show...

Overall, The animation was good, Spheal was ok, they did a good job with that, nice plot, but the voices are what killed this one for me.

Old 05-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Bakura2004 Offline
Banned

Default Re: The Spheal of Approval Disscusion Thread

I've noticed the voices in that show have been becoming worse and worse. Not like they use to be at all.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

I kinda liked this episode. Team Magma's third appearence, Spheal was pretty cute, and Sealeo reminds me of Big the Cat. Not as insanely good like most Hoenn episodes, but fun, nonetheless.

9.3/10

Last edited by Hoenn Mirror Girl; 05-29-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:21 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Each time I Hear the Pokemon of Hoenn, I have to bang my head against the closet door aand ask WHY DON"T THEY USE THE FREAKING GAME VOICES FOR THE POKEMON?!?! Sealeo/Spheal, what a joke!

and WTHeck were they doing with Capt. Stern? A Rock?! Team Magma DID NOT STEAL THE SUBMARINE?! Was that kid a son to Stern or a friend?

I'm lost as to why Magma needed the rock, why didn't they steal the sub?
But excellent they didn't screw up on the Mightyenas. Each member had their Mightyena. Confused as to how Thunderbolt/Aurora Beam could counter Hyper Beam that big.

I was turned off by May shopping for swim suits again.