Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Keepers of the Legends (Pokemon/One Piece Crossover)

^^ Heh, I've been meaning to do a OP/Mon crossover fic, and I've finally gotten around to it.

BTW, this is in the Pokemon section because it focuses more on the Pokemon aspect of the fic than the OP aspect ^^.

Enjoy!

Oh, one more note: each Legend has a different color for when they speak. I figured it'd be less confusing that way, but I might be wrong. Tell me what you think ^^. I suggest you use the SilentGhost skin to read this, it makes reading the various colors easier lol.
~~~

Prologue

It was madness. There was death, blood and gore everywhere. The mutilated bodies of Pokemon and human lie strewn across the city of Olivine, and buildings were now nothing more than ruins. The group of Legends that had come moments ago looked around sadly. Entei, Mew, Latias, and Rukario had struggled to arrive in time to help, but once again, they had been too late.

/We are failing them,/ Latias grieved, her golden eyes shimmering with unshed tears. /We cannot come quickly enough to fight with them and defend them./

/The Keepers will soon all be destroyed, and without them, we, too, shall perish. For what are Legends without the ones that Keep, Record, and Pass them?/ Mew said, her voice weak and faint with pain and guilt. /There shall soon be a Telling, and we know not which of us it will affect. There is only one Keeper left in our reality, and she cannot help us by herself. Without two more, the Telling will go without being Recorded, and the Legend shall be Lost./

/We must send Celebii to her, and have them go into other realities to find more Keepers,/ Entei said, turning from the horrid scene before them. /The Guardian of Time and Space is the only one who can do such a task, for the rest of us have not the ability to bend these aspects of our world to our will./

/Indeed we do not,/ Rukario said as he and the others turned as well. /We can no longer even respond quickly when we are called. We need at least two more Keepers. They will be all that stands between the black evil trying to destroy us, and the void of complete and utter annihilation./

/Then we shall send for Celebii, and send her to the last Keeper,/ Entei said. /Hopefully she will be able to do this task and return not only before the Telling takes place, but before the darkness overthrows us all. Even though we are powerful, without the Keepers to help focus and multiply our strength and lead us efficiently, we must as well be helpless Caterpie./

There was silence as the four considered the dreadful situation that not only they, but the all of existence, were facing. If the last Keeper should fail, or be unable to find two others, then there would be nothing the Legends could do on their own to stop it…

As a faint breeze blew and a cloud scuttled over the moon, there were four flashes of quick, faint light. When the cloud moved on, the cold light shone to reveal the Legends had vanished…

~~~

High above the ground in Johto, at the top of the famous Tin Tower, a council had been called. All the Legends had been gathered to discuss the grave situation.

/We all know why this meeting has been called,/ Ho-Oh exclaimed, and the other Legends fell silent from their anxious whisperings and chatter. /There is but one Keeper left in our reality. Thus she must venture into others and find two more, lest we all be destroyed. Celebii, come forth./

From the group of Legends floated a small, green Pokemon with black marks around her eyes and small, translucent wings. She bowed her head at Ho-Oh before speaking.

/I shall find the last Keeper, and take her to other realities. When we have located two other Keepers we shall return./

/What if the Telling happens while you are searching?/ Mewtwo asked, eyes narrowing. /True, one Keeper can do little, but that would be better than no Keeper. We don't even know which of us will be the one it happens to this time, because of the havoc the darkness is wreaking here./

/One Keeper would not be able to Record a Telling on their own,/ Celebii answered as she flitted up high above the others. /It would be the same as having none. But though we do not know when the Telling will actually happen, we do know it will not be for at least another week. Within that time, I will have returned to our reality, with our without two other Keepers. And if I am late, am I not the Guardian of Time? I shall simply jump back, and try again. But I dare not do this more than once, or twice at the very most. Time is a fragile thing, and does not respond well to being tampered with too much./

/Then let us hope you are successful the first time,/ Lugia said, his tone somber. The others nodded, and finally Rayquaza waved a paw.

/Go now Celebii, to the last Keeper of our reality. May the Gods grant us this one miracle, for if you should fail, then there shall be nothing the rest of us can do to stop the destruction of not only our reality, but of all of them./

Celebii nodded, a fiercely determined expression in her bright crystal eyes. Then, with a faint shimmering of semi-visible light, she was gone.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 07-28-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Keepers of the Legends (Pokemon/One Piece Crossover)

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter One, Part One

Lei Orren was a sensible Trainer. The gold-haired, turqiose-eyed youth always prepared for the worst, even though she rarely expected it. After all, she was not only sensible, but well-versed in the ways of Pokemon.

So it was with ease that she beat another Trainer in a one-on-one battle. It hadn’t hurt that the Trainer was obviously a rookie. He’d been using a Pidgeotto against her Ampharos, and had seemed truly shocked (Lei winced as the pun flitted across her mind) when he’d lost. Apparently he’d had a lucky streak ten miles long, since he’d claimed he hadn’t lost once since starting his journey three days ago. Lei found it hard to believe, but hadn’t argued the point.

As the youth slunk away to get his Pokemon restored, Lei let her other two Pokemon from their Balls. The first to come out was a Flygon, a greenish Dragon/Ground type Pokemon with diamond-shaped wings. Second was a Houndoom, which resembled a large black dog with two horns sprouting from its skull and decorative bits of bone showing on its body. The two Pokemon stretched, glad to be out of their Balls, and Lei sat down to fish the packs of Poke Chow from her pack.

=So now what?= asked Ampharos as he and the others settled around their Trainer. Lei smiled as she finally located the food and pulled it out, passing a pack to each creature around her.

“Well, we’re going to head to Lavaridge next, because I want to stop at the hot springs. From there we can just wander wherever, I guess.”

=Sounds like a life to me,= Houndoom said, grinning as he neatly ripped open the pack he’d been given with his fangs. =Wandering with no aim in life.=

“I have an aim, just not one I’m aware of right now,” Lei answered in mock defensiveness. Her Pokemon snorted at that, but in a good-natured way.

The four of them fell silent as Lei reached back into her pack, and a moment later she pulled free a foil-wrapped sandwich. She unwrapped it and started to eat, looking around and enjoying the peace while it lasted. More and more reports of people and Pokemon were coming in, and though a lot of others didn’t know, Lei knew that some of those dead were Keepers.

She wondered how her uncle was doing. The man had been a Keeper, which Lei had been extremely proud of. Imagine her surprise when he had Passed the gift onto her! She smiled as she remembered the day, nearly four years ago…

~~~
”Lei, I have something important to tell you,” Rio said, motioning for his niece to come sit by his side under the huge apple tree in his backyard. Perched above him was his loyal Swellow, the only Pokemon he’d ever caught and raised.

“What is it Uncle Rio?” Lei asked happily as she trotted over to him. She was twelve, not yet started on her Pokemon journey, even though she’d had her starter, Flaffy, for nearly a year and a half. Rio smiled widely as his beloved niece settled beside him.

“You know how I am a Keeper of the Legends, don’t you?”

“Of course I do Uncle. Everyone knows! You’re famous!”

“Hah, I guess you’re right. Well, here, I want to show you something.” And now he pulled a strange-looking Ball from a pocket, the likes of which Lei had never seen. It had a dark blue bottom and a metallic silver top, with four different colored, raised patches on the top. They were red, blue, green, and black.

“What is that?”

“It’s called a Legend Ball,” Rio answered, holding it out to Lei. “Here, take it for a moment.”

Lei reached out and took the Ball, and instantly felt it become warm and soft in her grasp. She gave a faint gasp, never having had such a reaction to holding a Ball of any kind before. Suddenly it started to vibrate, and then it popped open. Lei yelped, but kept a firm hold of the Ball as the Pokemon inside began to take shape.

“Oh!” she said in surprise as Celebii floated before her. Rio laughed happily.

“See, Lei? I’m Passing the Legend on to you, you’re now a Keeper!”

~~~

Lei smiled faintly at the memory, finishing her sandwich. Her Pokemon had also finished eating, and Lei stretched as she came back to the present. Since the day she’d become a Keeper, she herself had Passed it on twice, and had been present for three Tellings. It was another reason she was such a good Trainer, having been exposed to these things at such a young age.

She was getting ready to stand when suddenly the air before her rippled, like on a hot day, and then a bright flash happened. When the light faded, Celebii was floating there.

/Lei!/ the guardian cried as Lei stood, her Pokemon following suit. She looked upset, and her small wings were fluttering, as tended to happen when she was distressed. /It’s terrible! The other Keepers are all dead…the darkness has killed them…we must travel to other realities and find two Keepers!/

“All…dead…?” Lei asked, shocked. “What about Uncle Rio?!”

/He…was among one of the ones that died…near Goldenrod…/ Celebii answered, her voice soft. Lei stared, her mind slowing down and then finally coming to a jerky halt as it tried, unsuccessfully, to comprehend Celebii’s words. She shook her head, faintly.

“Uncle Rio…dead….that’s…it can’t be…”

/I am sorry, Lei, I know he was like a father to you. He was truly one of the greatest Keepers ever, and it is a terrible loss for everyone, one that all will feel as soon as the news circulates enough. At the moment, there have been no reports on it, but soon, there shall be…/ Celebii gave a faint, sad sigh as she watched the young Keeper before her. /But Lei, we must act now. You are the last remaining Keeper, and we Legends cannot help you by yourself to stop the darkness. We must travel to other realities, and try to find two others-/

“I’m the last?” Lei asked suddenly, blinking and focusing on Celebii through her forming tears. “The last Keeper of this reality?”

/Yes, and we must go now, while there is still time, and find more that have been born in other realities./

“I see…” Lei answered, her voice small. Celebii hated to burden the young woman with such a horrifically daunting task, especially considering that the youth had just learned her uncle was dead. But it had to be done, and Celebii knew Lei was strong. She could handle it. Already she was blinking back her tears and taking a breath, before gaining a fiercely determined expression. “Right, we need to leave now, so we can find more Keepers before anyone else dies…”

=And we’ll be with you!= Houndoom said, his tone full of support. Ampharos and Flygon nodded in agreement, but Celebii shook her head, looking even more distressed now.

/I’m sorry, but you three must stay here in this reality,/ she said, and before any of the others could argue, she lifted a small hand and continued. /You are the Pokemon of a Keeper. Your experience in these matters will be of help to Ho-Oh and the others in Lei’s absence. You must remain here./

=But we can’t just leave Lei to go alone!= Flygon protested, her wings beating in agitation and kicking up a small whirlwind of dirt and dust.

/She will not be alone,/ Celebii replied, her voice soft and patient. /I must go with her, for I am the only one who can do the reality-jumping. None of you need worry. I will defend Lei with my life./

Now Houndoom tried to make an argument, but Lei hushed him with a hand on his head.

“It’s okay, guys, really. Celebii is right. I’ll be fine, and it’s important you guys stay here to help out while I’m gone. You guys have the ability to increase the Legends’ power like me, and even if it isn’t by much, it may still make the difference. Especially with the Telling looming nearer and nearer…”

The three Pokemon nodded, knowing it was useless to try and argue further. They knew Celebii and Lei were right about it all, but they didn’t like it one bit. All they wanted was to stay with their Trainer. But Lei had made up her mind, and the others knew she wouldn’t change it.

/You can go to Mossdeep, to the space center. Mew is waiting for you there,/ Celebii told them as she floated over to land on Lei’s shoulder. /She will take you to where the other Legends are gathered, in Johto./ Houndoom and the other two nodded once, watching as the air around Lei and Celebii began to waver, as if a mini heat wave were occurring. Then, suddenly, there was a quick blast of blinding white light.

When Houndoom and the others could see, Lei and Celebii were gone...

This chapter is split into parts, and each part is going to be kind of small considering, but each chapter will be pretty long. ^^ I'm working on part two right now, so it should be up soon. Be sure to R&R, cuz I likes criticisms ^^. Also, there will be a description of Lei in part two, so whoo lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 07-28-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Yay, first post. And review time.

Description – 6.5/10

Sorry for being so blunt, but I thought it was for the best. In fact, I've had several arguments with quite good authors, mainly Neo, about description in a Pokémon fic. Yes, I am a relentless nitpicker, but oh well, back to the review. I've always felt that in a Pokémo fanfiction, one of the main things that are needed to be described are, obviously, the Pokémon. Some could argue that anybody who joins a Pokémon forum like this one would know what a Pokémon would look like, yet I still feel that there is a need to describe Pokémon, to a greater extent than saying Pikachu was a yellow mouse with a lightning-bolt tail. And the same goes for the main character, and the surroundings. I warned you I was a nitpicker. Normally, I would tell someone not to stop the story to describe the surroundings, but blend it with the action, but that's not the main thing I want to say to you. What I want to say, is try to make the descriptions a little bit longer, while continuing the pace of the story. Difficult, I know, but there's no harm in trying. And, I don't mean to offend you in anyway by saying those things.

Plot – In pending

Well, I can't really say much aout the plot, as you've only written part of the first Chapter, but what I've seen so far, I like. I would rate it 8/10. Sure, the save the world sort of fanfiction is heavily stereotyped, but there are a few that follow that gender, but are still good. Yours looks like one of them.

Characters – 7/10

Not many people get higher than seven out of ten from this nitpickers ratings for characters, so don't take it badly. In fact, I quite like how you've made each character, whether Pokémon or human (so far), very differnet from any other. I like fanfictions like this, as there are very few like these nowadays. There used to be plenty when Pokémon fanfiction...ing started, but now it's a real treat.

Opinion

Great, I love it so far, not to mention that One Piece is a favourite anime of mine. I wonder if you'll use Luffy, Zolo and the others, or make your own (desperatly hopes for Usopp to be included...that guy cracks me up). Keep going, and I hope to see the next bit up soon.

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Heh, thanks for the review DS. I know the description is lacking, so I'm going to make up for the icky lack in this chapter, trust me ^^.

Anyways, I'm glad you like it so far. Hopefully I can continue to meet your standards and all (at least, as much as I have lol) in the future. Also, you're in luck, as I was for sure gonna stick Usopp in this ^^. All fics need some comic relief, don't they?

Anyways, part two is in progress, so expect it up soon ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Whoo, part two is completed! *Dances.* I warn you, the word blue is repeated muchly throughout this second part XD.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter One, Part Two

“I swear, I’m going to make them pay, every single one of them!”

Standing in a cramped, windowless, white-walled room were two people. One was a rather intimidating titan of a man, his steel-gray hair slicked back in an imposing manner. His dark brown eyes were narrowed in anger and frustration as he stalked the floor of the tiny room. His white coat was unbuttoned, revealing a powerful chest, as he was wearing no shirt under it. His heavy brown boots came up over the bottoms of his blue pants, and strapped to his back was a cane of some kind. Clutched between his teeth were two cigars, each on giving off a thin cloud of bluish smoke. One his hands were dark brown gloves.

The other was a young woman with sapphire hair and lighter blue eyes behind red-rimmed glasses. She was wearing a white shirt with what could be parasol or flower print, it was hard to be sure (it could even be something different from either of these) under a dark navy blue jacket that complimented her own lighter blue pants. She had a sword sheathed at her right side. She was a slight woman, not appearing strong, but also not overly weak. She was simply average.

“Captain Smoker-sama,” she started, trying to calm the man down as he paced irritably back and forth, like a caged animal seeking release. However, Smoker ignored her and kept ranting.

“They think they can get away with making a fool of me AGAIN?!?” he shouted, hands balling into fists as he stalked faster and faster, blue smoke puffing everywhere. “They think they can get away with getting away from me?! I’ll show those punks, they’ve got me all steamed up!”

“Captain,” the young woman tried again, but was once again ignored as Smoker suddenly stopped in the middle of the room, raging more.

“Once I get my hands on those nuisances, they’ll regret crossing me! I’ll make damned sure of it! Just wait, they’ll get theirs, and I’ll have the satisfaction of giving it to them!”

It was at this point that the young woman noticed an odd rippling over Smoker’s head, about two feet in the air. She scowled and nudged her glasses up farther on her nose, peering closer at the empty air. It was like a mini heat wave had just generated for no reason, with no heat. Smoker noticed, most likely by accident, that the lower-ranking Naval officer was staring at something above his head. Glowering, he snapped, “What is it, Tashigi?”

“There’s something…” Tashigi started, watching as the ripple seemed to grow in size. Glaring, his irritation increasing at this interruption of his furious rambling, Smoker looked up to see what it was Tashigi was ogling at. He narrowed his eyes in an unpleasant manner, not seeing the ripple at first, but then his eyes caught the subtle movement of the air.

“What on earth…?” he started, but was cut off rather violently as a blinding flare of white light filled the room. Tashigi yelped, startled, and Smoker gave an annoyed grunt, which quickly became a furious shout when something abruptly landed on his back, causing him to lose balance and fall forward.

“What happened?!” Tashigi cried, sounding extremely worried. Smoker ignored her as he blinked, trying to get his vision back, as he and Tashigi both had been momentarily blinded by the sudden flash. He felt what or whoever had fallen of him scrambling to stand and growled.

“Not so fast!” he snarled. He concentrated, and a moment later his arms became twin pillars of thick gray smoke. They quickly wrapped around the person or being on his back, earning a shocked yip. Smoker stood and shifted his smoke-arms so they were holding his captive in front of him as his vision returned.

“Let me go!” cried the young woman who was caught in the smoke. She was young, no more than sixteen or seventeen, and she was wearing a white tee-shirt under a red vest with white trim on the sleeves. Her shorts were black and hung about an inch past her knees. She was wearing simple wooden sandals on her feet, and she had a white pack strapped to her waist. Her gold hair hung to her shoulders, and a few stray bangs fell into her deep turquoise eyes. She was wearing black, fingerless gloves, and her right ear was pierced. The earring was in the shape of a strange creature, like a cat with its tail split into two near the tip and a jewel on its forehead between its eyes. Smoker glared at the youth as Tashigi blinked, her own vision coming back.

“Oh,” she said, surprised. “Where did she come from?”

“I intend to find out,” Smoker replied, his tone now unpleasant. The young girl in his grasp continued to struggle, trying to get free. Smoker glared at her, then realized Tashigi was once again staring at an area above his head. “Now what is it?” he asked, feeling extremely irked. Tashigi simply shook her head this time and pointed. Looking up, Smoker spotted the strangest creature he’d ever seen in his life, which was saying something because he’d seen plenty of strange creatures.

It was a small green…something, with two antennae that had baby-blue colored tips. Two tiny, transparent wings flittered, enabling it to fly, and there were black circles around its crystal-blue eyes. It floated to where the young woman Smoker had a grip on was and landed on her head. Instantly the girl stopped struggling.

“Celebii, get us out of here! I don’t think either of these two are Keepers,” she said, and the small creature nodded.

/It would seem you’re right, I can sense it, neither of these two are Keepers,/ a soft, feminine voice replied, and it took Smoker a moment to realize that it came from the small beast perched on the girl’s head. He scowled even more (which was surprising, considering how much he was scowling to begin with) as Tashigi stared in confused anxiety, her hand twitching over the hilt of her sword.

“What are you talking about?” Smoked snapped, as he was prone to doing when he was annoyed, which was most of the time. The young girl turned to face him, a glare to match his own in her eyes, but when she saw that Smoker’s arms were smoke, instead of actual arms, she let out another yelp of surprise and started to struggle again.

“Celebii, get us away from here now! This is just too freaky, let’s just find some Keepers and get back home!” she cried. The small creature, which was obviously called Celebii, nodded once again and began to glow. There was that rippling in the air again, and another bright glare of light. Smoker and Tashigi closed their eyes, but were too slow. Once again they were blinded for a moment, and when they could finally see, the girl and the strange creature were gone.

“Not again…” Smoker snarled, his teeth grinding in sheer and absolute fury. “I’m freaking sick and tired of people getting away from me!”

They reappeared near what looked like a docking area, or more precisely, a harbor. Celebii was still sitting on Lei’s head when they appeared. The little Pokemon gave a faint sigh as Lei straightened her fanny pack and looked around.

“That was just too weird. What the heck was up with that guy’s arms?” The Keeper asked as she and Celebii studied the mass of ships and the people milling about all over. Most of the ones that passed them stared at Celebii, but didn’t say anything about her.

/I’m not sure,/ Celebii replied, feeling slightly unnerved at all the attention she was getting. After all, she was a Legend, and hardly any other than the Keepers saw her. But now, here she was, like some common Pokemon for all to see. /But I think we should hurry and find the Keepers of this reality./

“Are you sure there’re some here?” Lei asked as she glanced around. “And even if they are, where do we start?”

/There are some here, but only a few,/ Celebii answered. /Remember, I set our destination to the nearest reality that contained at least two Keepers. And I can sense it, though the pull is faint, which means there are most likely only two or three here to begin with./

“Well, before, when I Passed the Legend, I always knew who it was and where they were. This is different. Where are the ones we’re supposed to find?”

/I can sense that we may find one or two around this area,/ Celebii replied after a second of silence. /We can wait here for them, for surely they will come by this place./

“Can’t you just jump ahead into the future and find out?” Lei asked, and Celebii shook her small head.

/The timeline is a very fragile thing. If I jump ahead in time without true need, I fear the consequences may not be worth it. For now we should wait. If, within the day, we have not come across them, then I will time jump and see if I can find out where we meet them./

“Oh, yeah,” Lei answered lamely. She’d forgotten, in her haste to return to her home reality, that even being seen for a second by even one person in the past or future could change events and happenings in the timeline. Sometimes it was barely noticeable, but other times it could completely change history, or pro-history.

/I suggest we find somewhere we can observe the comings and goings of others, without being easily spotted ourselves,/ the small Guardian said after yet another person walked by and stared openly at her. /We do not wish to attract further unneeded attentions./

“Agreed,” Lei agreed heartily, remembering their extremely recent encounter with the smoke-armed cigar man. After casting about, the pair came to agree on a small alley that was wedged between two negelected-looking buildings. From there they could easily see who came and went, but the shadows would mostly hide them from view. When Celebii got the intense feeling of need to approach someone, that would be the sign that they had found a Keeper.

/And thus the wait begins,/ Celebii said softly as the Lei walked to the alley and sat down, watching as people and ships came and went.

“Let’s just hope we don’t have to wait too long,” Lei commented, feeling horribly out of place. “After all, we have a reality to save.”

/More than one, I fear,/ Celebii said softly, and the two fell silent as they waited in the shadows.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Whoo, finally, an update XD.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter One, Part Three

/Lei, wake up! They have come!/

The young woman woke with a faint groan at Celebii’s voice, shaking her head a bit and trying to go back to sleep. But the Legend was persistent, and flew around the girl’s head excitedly.

/Come, wake up Lei! The Keepers have arrived!/

“Wha?!” Lei asked, snapping fully awake. She blinked the dregs of sleep from her eyes and glanced around, momentarily confused. Where was she, why was it dark, and why was she asleep outside on the ground? And then she remembered her and Celebii’s mission. She groaned again as she stood, her back, legs, and neck stiff from where she’d been asleep propped against one of the buildings. She did a few stretches to work the painful kinks from her muscles, and then turned to face Celebii, who was doing loop-de-loops in the air in her happiness. “You said Keepers…does that mean they’re both around here?”

/Yes indeed!/ Celebii said, stopping her loops and hovering in the air. /You see, that small group there?/ she asked, waving with a small hand to a group of five people. Since night had, for the most part, fallen, Lei couldn’t make out too much about the details of the figures, but she could see that there were four men and one woman. One of them had what looked like swords at his right side, another was wearing a hat of some kind and what could have either been a red, black, or blue vest. It was hard to tell in the gloom. One of them was wearing a brown, black, or blue outfit, and even from this distance he had a nose that violently reminded Lei of a Shiftry, and the last of the men was wearing an obviously black outfit (it was darker than anyone else’s) and had blonde hair. The woman had short red hair, and Lei couldn’t clearly make out what color clothes she was wearing.

“So…the Keepers are in that group huh? How many?”

/Two,/ Celebii answered with a confident nod. /The only two in this reality. I have been here long enough to have gained this information, that there are only two here./

“And which two would they be?” Lei asked, watching the group make its way towards where the ships and boats were docked. Celebii shook her head as she floated a circle around Lei’s head.

/That is something I have not yet learned,/ she answered, finally hovering near Lei’s left ear. /It seems we will have to test all five of them./

“Well, it won’t take too long, but the problem is getting close enough to test them in the first place,” Lei said as Celebii settled on her shoulder. “Pokemon don’t exist here, and we can’t just stroll up and expect them to hold some strange Ball given to them by some strange girl without any resistance. We need to find a way to get them to cooperate with us, so it’ll be easier for everyone.”

/That is simple enough,/ Celebii said. /I can restrict my telepathy to them and you, and I can speak them them while we stay here, at a distance. If they receive my message and don’t act aggressively and are willing to listen, then we can explain our situation and ask them to take part in the testing. If they ignore me, or act in a hostile manner…well, we can deal with that, should the problem arise./

“That sounds like a good idea,” Lei replied, nodding. “I guess you should do it now, because it looks like they’re about to board one of those ships.”

Indeed, the group had stopped beside a ship that had a goat or some similar creature as its front decoration. It was obvious they were preparing to get on it, and it was now or never if Lei and Celebii wanted to speak with them. Well, maybe not now or never, but Lei didn’t want to have to chase them all over the seas when there was so little time to act. Celebii nodded once, and after a second her antennae began to glow softly.

//Hold, friends, there is a dire need to talk with you,// she said a moment later, and there was an odd, muffled quality to her voice that told Lei she was concentrating on letting only a decided number of people here her. Since the small group were the only ones to look around for the voice, Lei knew it was working. //We are over in the alley, to your left. Look over.//

Here they did, one by one. Lei took a few steps forward so she wasn’t in the shadows, then slowly lifted a hand to indicate she and Celebii were the ones the Time Keeper were talking about. There was a strained moment where Lei was sure the group would either ignore them, or try to attack them out of fear or something. But then Celebii muttered, /They are listening./ She then focused once more and her voice become strangely stifled once more. //We will talk to you from here, if you desire, but talk we must.//

Again, there was a tense moment. After a moment, though, Celebii spoke again, and her voice was normal. /The one in the hat says we can board the ship and speak with them, and the others, while their minds hold caution, bear no ill will towards us./

“Great,” Lei replied with a relieved sigh, before walking forward towards the ship. The group were boarding it, and the one with the Shiftry-nose was the last to go up the plank. Lei reached the ship just as he got on, and tentatively stepped on the thick, heavy board leading up to it. Then, taking a breath to steel herself for whatever would happen, she walked forward.

/We come from another reality,/ Celebii explained as the anchor was lifted and the ship set sail. They had introduced themselves after Lei had gotten on, and the young man in the straw hat had told them the name of the ship: the Going Merry. His name was Luffy, and he was the captain of this rag-tag group of pirates. /One where creatures like myself called Pokemon exist. You see, there are a vast number of other realities, where things are real, or unreal. They lie parallel to one another, and it is possible to travel between them if you have the proper ability. I myself am the guardian of Time and Space in my reality, and so I have the ability to travel in time, and through space. By space, I mean not space such as where planets turn orbit, but through the fabric of the realities. It’s all really rather quite complicated, and not important.

/The reason we have traveled to this reality is because there is a darkness in our reality that threatens to destroy it. The protectors of our reality, the Keepers of the Legends, are all dead, except for Lei here. Thus we came to other realities to find Misplaced Keepers, those souls destined to be born into our reality and become Keepers, but for some reason have been born in another reality instead. This was the closest reality to ours where there were Keepers, and so here we are. And we are here, on this ship with you all, because two of you here are the only Keepers of this reality, and you must return with us to our reality, though we cannot force you to if you’d wish to remain here./

“This is all kind of…sudden,” the young woman, whose name was Nami, replied after a moment of thoughtful silence. Luffy was wearing a scowl and had his arms crossed over his chest.

“And confusing…” he added. The others nodded in agreement, and the one with the swords, named Zoro, spoke up.

“No offense or anything, but why would any of us want to go and risk our necks for s different reality? It doesn’t seem like a problem for us…” Here Celebii shook her head, her voice dark.

/This darkness will destroy our reality, and that will be catastrophic. The realites are closely tied to one another by various means, which are even more complicated than my ability to travel through space. If even one is destroyed, soon other realities will follow, and then more and more, until there is nothing left but an empty void. Trust me, that would be a very large problem for you, for it would make living a tad bit hard in the nothingness of a void./

“Point taken,” Zoro answered, looking stunned. So did the others, including Lei. She hadn’t known of this little catch anymore than they did, and was dumbfounded by it. One reality being destroyed could destroy all of them? That was horrible…

“But how do we know which of us here are these Keeper-people?” asked the young blonde-haired name, whose name was Sanji. Lei smiled a little and stood from where she’d been leaning against the railing, reaching into a pocket and pulling out an unusual-looking Ball. It was the Legend Ball her uncle had given her when she’d become a Keeper.

“This is a Legend Ball,” she said, holding it out to show it to the others. “Every Keeper gets one when they become a Keeper. It proves the status of Keeper, and only a Keeper can hold one that’s empty.”

“Why?” the Shiftry-nosed boy, named Usopp, now asked. Lei’s smiled turned a bit unpleasant as she made a waving motion with her free hand.

“Maybe, instead of my explaining it, it would be easier for you to experience it?” she asked, and Usopp’s eyes widened as he shook his head vehemently. Lei chuckled and nodded. “A Legend Ball has a charm on it, put on it by the twins Latias and Latios, who are often referred to as the Lord and Lady of Illusions. They enchant each Ball using their powers with a powerful illusion that activates when a person who isn’t a Keeper holds a Legend Ball. See these four different-colored bumps on the top?” The five nodded, and Lei continued. “These bumps are designed to recognize the aura of a Keeper, which is subtly different from a normal person’s. If a non-Keeper tries to hold a Legend Ball, these bumps recognize there’s no special aura and activate the illusion placed on the Ball. This one happens to have Infinite Decay on it. It’s a field of death, blood, and gore. Highly unpleasant. The illusions are so powerful that the only way to break someone free from one is to remove the Legend Ball from their grip. There are many different illusions, some featuring fear, anger, sadness, etcetera.”

“Why go to such lengths?” Sanji asked, and Celebii answered now.

/Keepers get many privileges that normal people in our reality would truly kill for, especially terrorists and such. This is to ensure no one can steal a Legend Ball and pose as a Keeper. And none can be forged because these are made by Rayquaza, and no other being can make them the way he does. The Lati twins will only charm ones given to them directly from him, as well, as even if someone did manage to make a false one, there would be no illusion on it, which would automatically prove it’s falseness./

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 08-21-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Thrall Offline

Send a message via AIM to Thrall Send a message via Yahoo to Thrall

As you requested in AIM a grade from me. :D.

Description 9.5/10

As I read the story from the beginning I was supprised you didn't have alot of decription. Then I read the other Chapters and I was like "Woah Zomg wtf bbq, thats awesome j00!". You really did improve in this section :D.

Plot 10/10

Its different. Thats what I got to say. You don't see Legendaries asking people from One Piece for help. I really do like the fusion of the to. I have never read anything like it so its a plus for you :D.

Charecters 9/10

You made each and everyone of the charecters different. I liked that. I would add more but I'm to lazy. :D

Opinion

Its great. I'll leave it at that :D.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Well, I'm glad you liked it MM ^^. And now here's the next update!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter One, Part Four

“Anyways,” Lei said after a moment to get everyone’s attention, “we need to find out which two of you are the Misplaced Keepers of this reality.”

“How do you do that?” asked Nami, and Lei smiled a little as she turned to face Celebii floating beside her.

“Easy enough,” she replied, then held the Ball out towards Celebii, who floated a bit closer and nodded. “Alright, Celebii, return!” The Ball in Lei’s hand suddenly shot out a thin red beam of light, which engulfed Celebii and began to glow brightly until the Legend was no longer visible through it. Then, the red light pulled back into the Ball, taking Celebii with it, until both she and the red glow were gone. The others stared at the Ball, shocked.

“How did you do that?” Luffy asked, looking particularly surprised. Lei chuckled a bit.

“I didn’t do anything, really, except recall her. See, Pokemon are caught by people called Trainers, and they stay inside Balls, like PokeBalls or Great Balls, until they are released from within for whatever reason. This Legend Ball isn’t for catching Pokemon though, and Celebii never stays inside for long. When I recalled her, the energy inside the Ball was concentrated into a thin, visible beam of red light. When that energy collides with a Pokemon, it reverts that Pokemon to its second form: its energy form. Pokemon stay in this energy form when they’re in a Ball, and revert to physical form when not inside one.”

“Could you catch a person in one of these things?” Usopp asked, and Lei shook her head.

“No, only Pokemon. Humans don’t have an energy form, which is what a Ball of any kind is designed to hold, energy. It’s why there are different kinds of Balls, with varying abilities and strengths. PokeBalls are the weakest and most common, and they can hold anything whose energy level isn’t too high. A Master Ball, the strongest of all, can contain any amount of energy, and so can catch anything without fail. See, sometimes a Pokemon will break free of a Ball, if it’s still got a lot of strength left, even if the Ball is strong enough to hold it once it’s caught. Like…a Tauros. They’re big Bull Pokemon, and an Ultra Ball can hold one easily. But if you just chuck a Ball without weakening the Tauros first, it’ll break right out. The only Ball that won’t break is a Master Ball.”

“That’s…confusing…” Luffy commented, sounding completely left in the dust. Lei smiled a little and waved her free hand around.

“You’ll only need to worry about it if you’re a Keeper, because all Keepers are also Trainers. They have to be, in order to work with the Legends.”

“Kinda makes me hope I’m not one then. I’m getting a headache just from listening to you explain it, let alone doing it!” the young captain remarked, earning a laugh from the young Keeper.

“It’s actually very easy to understand. You don’t have to know the precise mechanics of how Balls work and everything to be a good Trainer. All you need is a strong bond with your Pokemon.” Here she grew serious and stepped forward towards Nami, who was the closest. She held out the Legend Ball to her, nodding. “All you guys need to do is hold the Ball. If you’re a Keeper, it’ll react and Celebii will automatically be released. If not, then nothing will happen, and you’ll just pass it on to the next person.”

“But what about the illusion?” Usopp asked nervously. “Won’t it activate for the ones that aren’t Keepers?” It seemed he couldn’t decide what was worse: finding he was a Keeper, or finding he wasn’t and having to suffer through such a terrifying illusion. Lei smiled.

“The illusion will only activate if Celebii or some other Legend isn’t inside it when held. We have to be able to find Keepers without scaring those you aren’t such half to death, now, don’t we?” She then looked back to Nami, who’d been hesitating about taking the Ball after Usopp’s question. “Go on, I promise nothing will happen unless you’re a Keeper, and then the only thing that will happen is Celebii being released from it.”

“Well…alright,” the young woman replied uncertainly as she reached out and took the Ball from Lei. For a moment she was tense, but then she relaxed as Lei dropped her arm, leaving Nami holding the Ball. There was silence, but after about a minute, Lei shook her head.

“Well, one down,” she said, and Nami turned to Luffy and held the Ball out to him. The young man took it with a sort of barely restrained excitement, and Lei could tell that despite his earlier comment about not wanting to be a Keeper, that he was actually hoping he’d be one. Again, the wait. This time, though, it was only a few seconds, before the Ball started to shake and vibrate. Luffy, surprised, almost dropped it, but kept a firm grip as it suddenly popped open with a brilliant white flash of light. From it formed Celebii, and she floated around Luffy’s head a few times as Lei grinned.

“One found!” she exclaimed. Luffy, after getting over his initial shock, let out a tremendous whoop and jumped in the air, looking all the world like a kid who’d gotten that game he’d always wanted. Celebii smiled a little, but then stopped in front of Luffy.

/Come, we must find the other,/ she said, and Luffy nodded. He held out the Ball as he’d seen Lei do earlier and hesitated, as if thinking. Then he nodded, seemingly coming to a decision.

“Return,” he said, and seemed a bit surprised when the red beam shot out of the Ball and Celebii was pulled back in a few moments later. Then he turned and held the Ball out to Usopp, who started to tremble slightly.

“Er, ah, I think I’ll go last,” he said, forcing a smile. “You know, don’t want to ruin the excitement…”

“Fat chance there,” Zoro muttered. “It’s because you’re a wimp. Just take it already!”

“Fine, but don’t blame me if the excitement ends because I’m the other Keeper-person!” Usopp declared, though as he accepted the Ball from Luffy his knees began to shake more violently than the rest of him, which was an odd sight. Lei didn’t comment on it, and the others either didn’t notice or were used to it.

A few minutes passed by, and nothing happened. When Lei shook her head and motioned for Usopp to give the Ball to Sanji, he let out a sort of muffled sigh-grunt-squeak type noise that Lei had to work hard not to laugh at. Zoro, however, wasn’t so thoughtful, and let out a loud snort as Sanji took the Ball. Usopp glared at him, but didn’t say anything as his shaking ceased, almost magically.

“Heh, I don’t think anything’s going to happen,” he replied after a moment and the Ball hadn’t responded. Lei nodded, then glanced at Zoro. The others did the same as Sanji held it out to him. “Your turn, seaweed head.”

“Shut up you curly eyebrowed freak,” Zoro snapped, reaching for the Ball. “It’s probably some sort of mistake-“ But the moment his fingers touched the Ball, it responded, almost violently. It shook right out of Sanji’s hand, causing his to yelp, and Zoro barely managed to catch it before it hit the deck. The second his hand closed around it, the Ball practically exploded open, releasing Celebii in another blast of light. Even she seemed dazed as she floated there, blinking rapidly. Lei stared, dumbfounded. What on earth had caused the Ball to react like that?

“Wha…?” Zoro started, but then trailed off. Everyone, including Celebii, was looking at him with stunned expressions. “What happened…?”

/It seems that you, in particular, must long for the world in which you truly belong,/ Celebii answered, having snapped out of her daze. /When a soul destined to be born into one reality is born instead to another, often their soul strives to go to the place they belong. Unconsciously, you may not have been aware of this desire. But you have felt its affects, no doubt. Every person born into the wrong reality feels a sort of emptiness within them that they cannot fill no matter how hard they try. They often take on huge goals, trying desperately to get rid of that feeling which no know comfort./

Everyone was silent, and Zoro seemed to be rather shaken by what had happened moments ago. Lei and Celebii shared a look, and the young woman sighed softly.

“Well, now that we know which two of you are Keepers, why don’t you guys take a few to get ready? You know, get anything together you might need, say goodbye to one another, that sort of thing. Unless, that is, neither of you wants to go? You guys should discuss that, too.”

“Right,” Luffy said with a nod, turning to face the others. Lei watched the group move off to talk, and Celebii floated over to perch on her shoulder.

“You think they’ll want to stay here, with the lives they know, instead of going with us to where they belong and where they can start new lives?”

/It’s hard to say,/ Celebii replied, watching the group. /But that Zoro…he seemed disturbed to hear why the Legend Ball reacted so violently to him. He must have had an extremely trying life here, and his spirit is desperate to go to where it belongs. The feelings within him may or may not allow him to return with us. As for Luffy…well, we’ll just have wait and see, I suppose./

“Yeah, I guess so. I just hope they agree, because if not we’ll have to go to another reality and search for other Keepers, and no way we’d find them as quick as we found these guys.”

/I also do not wish to go search through other realities,/ Celebii agreed somberly. /For we may have spent more time than we are aware of here./

“What do you mean?”

/The reason it takes me time to readjust to other realities when I jump is because the timeline flows differently from one reality to another. I must become accustomed to these differences before I can tap into knowledge the timeline may contain, such as I did earlier when I became aware of how many Keepers were in this reality. It took time, but after I had assimilated with the timeline in this reality, I gained this bit of knowledge. And now, just a few minutes ago, I learned something else. Apparently this is a reality ruled by pirates and the Navy. So far, this is all I’ve learned. I’d have to remain here for days to learn everything I could without time jumping./

“So…even though it’s only been a few hours here, days could have passed back home?!”

/Indeed…/ Celebii replied, her tone ominous. Lei shook her head, thoroughly disturbed.

“Then we really can’t waste time looking for other Keepers! Oh, I really hope they agree to come with us…”

So another hour or so passed, with Lei and Celebii not saying anything else as they watched Luffy and the others. Lei wondered what they were saying, whether they were agreeing to go, or deciding to stay. She was greatly tempted to ask Celebii to tap into their minds using her psychic powers, but resisted the urge. These five were probably great friends, and it was none of Lei’s business what they were saying amongst themselves. So instead she stared up at the moon, which was fully and glowing more brightly than she’d ever seen back home. She was somewhat surprised to see a moon here, really, because everything else was so different from what she was used to. She was missing her Pokemon greatly, and was feeling more out of place than ever because she hadn’t seen a single Pokemon, save Celebii, for hours. It was distressing, since she was used to seeing flocks of Pidgey perched everywhere and hearing the lively song of Taillow, feeling the blast of heat from one of Houndoom’s Flamethrowers and smelling the relaxing odor of Bellossom as they danced. Finally, though, the group turned to face them, and Lei walked forward to join them.

“Well, we’ve decided to come with you,” Luffy said. “I mean, it’s not that we want to leave here, but really I guess we don’t have a choice. After all, you probably won’t find two other people better suited for the job!” And here he grinned, looking quite thrilled. “When do we leave?”

“Heh, we can leave right now!” Lei replied, waving to the two to come forward. She then placed a hand on each of their shoulders. “You guys got everything?”

“Yeah, we’re ready,” Zoro replied, looking a bit oncomfortable. “We…can come back when we’re done if we want to, right?”

“Of course you can,” Lei answered, and Celebii nodded in agreement.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

>< Sorry I didn't get the update up last week like I was planning on doing. I had to take care of personal things, you know, like family stuff. Anyways, the next update ought to be up real soon, so keep an eye out ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

This is really good Jess, you should be proud. ^^

Made By Me :D
Old 08-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Heh, I'm glad ya like it ER. I was working on it last night, but then the comp shut off before I had time to save my work, so...I need to redo it again, or I would have had it up by now ;_;. Ah well, it's fun to write, so it's really not a big loss.

Expect the next update either today or tomorrow!

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Teh wh00t, update!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter One, Part Five

“Well, then I guess we’re ready!” Luffy exclaimed, sounding eager to get going. Lei nodded and looked to the others.

“You guys might want to move back. Sometimes when Celebii teleports, anyone or thing too close to her gets dragged along. We don’t really know why, but it happens.” She watched as the others scooted backwards, then said, “Ready Celebii?”

/I am,/ she answered, and a moment later Lei could see a faint rippling in the air surrounding her. As she waited for the jump to happen, she saw Usopp moving back even more. But suddenly he stopped moving and began to fall over backwards. Letting out a surprised yelp, the young man pin wheeled his arms, trying to keep his balance. Instead, he ended up overbalancing and toppled forward. Just as the brilliant flash of light from Celebii’s jump exploded around them, she felt something wham into her from the front. But before she could say or do anything, they were gone.

When they reappeared, Lei instantly fell over onto her rear, grasping at Luffy and Zoro’s shoulders to try and stay on her feet. All that accomplished, though, was pulling them down with her, and when Lei finally managed to gather her wits about her, she saw Usopp was sprawled over her, looking stunned. Luffy and Zoro looked a bit ruffled as well, and Lei suspected it was because they weren’t used to reality jumping. Then again, neither was Lei, really.

A moment later the group stood, and Lei saw Celebii floating above them, looking a bit amused. She also looked anxious though, and at first Lei thought she knew why. If too long had passed here in her home reality while they were getting Luffy and Zoro, then they most likely wouldn’t be able to spare the time to take Usopp back to his reality. Then, as she glanced around and recognized where they were, she knew the true reason for Celebii’s unease.

“This is the Tin Tower,” she said, “but…where’s Ho-Oh?”

“Ho-Oh?” Luffy and the others asked in unison, and Celebii nodded solemnly.

/Ho-Oh is a mighty Legend. He is a great bird of Fire, and he lives atop this tower, watching over the region of Johto. He left for a time, after the Brass Tower burned down and became the Burned Tower. Then he returned to revive the three Legends Raikou, Suicune, and Entei, who’d been caught in the fire that earned the Brass Tower it’s new name. He rarely leaves this place, unless there is dire need. I fear that many days have passed here, while we were in your reality./ Her voice was tinged with worry as she flitted around nervously, and Lei rubbed her arms as she looked around.

“Do you think the Telling has happened already?”

/Myself and other Legends had been certain it would not occur for at least a week before we left, though perhaps we have been gone for this amount of time, or more. So it is a possibility./

“I hope not,” Leu muttered, feeling uncomfortable. She faced Usopp a moment later and sighed. “I’m sorry, Usopp, but for now it looks like you’re stuck here, until we can be sure of how much time has passed between our realities. Time flows differently for each one, it seems, so even though we were in your reality for only a short time, days or even weeks or longer could have passed here.”

“Eh,” Usopp replied, looking as if he’d rather be doing anything instead of being stuck here. Lei gave him an apologetic smile, then turned to face Luffy and Zoro. “I guess I should take this time to explain what it means to be a Keeper…” She paused, and then nodded. “First thing’s first. A Keeper is a person who has the ability to focus and multiply the powers of a Legend, making them stronger. A Legend is a Pokemon that is extremely rare and powerful, and sometimes the only one of its kind to exist at any given time, such as Rayquaza and Ho-Oh.

“The duty of a Keeper is to Pass, Record, and be present for Tellings of the Legend, to prevent a Losing from taking place. Passing of the Legend is when a Keeper finds another who has yet to know of their destiny and awakens the Keeper power within them, like I did with you.

“A Telling of the Legend is when a Legend or a small group of them receives a vision of an impending disaster. They are the Legends affected by the Telling, and they are ones directly affected by the disaster they Tell. For example, this tower is where Ho-Oh lives. So if anything of catastrophic proportions were to happen to Johto, and thus Ho-Oh’s home, he would receive a vision Telling of that disaster. Legends know in advance when they will be receiving a Telling, at least, they did before the darkness came…Anyways, the Legend or Legends affected call Keepers to them before the Telling happens, and then, working together with the Keepers, the Legend or Legends try to avert the disaster. If the disaster is averted, it is Recorded, and three Keepers at least must be present for a Recording of the Legend. If the disaster is allowed to carry itself out, that is called a Losing of the Legend. When this happens, the Legend or Legends involved die, for whatever reason.”

“That’s a lot to digest,” Zoro said after a moment, and the other two nodded. Lei nodded as well, remembering how hard a time she’d had understanding everything when she first learned it. “But why do at least three Keepers need to be present?”

/Three is a number of power,/ Celebii answered. /As is seven, nine, thirteen, and so on. At least three Keepers are needed to Record a Telling because their combined powers increasing the powers of we Legends is the minimum needed. One Keeper or even two have the ability to increase out strength, but not by enough to make it count. If seven Keepers were to come and help us, we’d get an even bigger power increase./

“What if there’s eight Keepers?” Usopp asked. “Do you only get the normal power increase because there aren’t nine to bump you up again?”

/No, we will be slightly stronger than if there were only seven Keepers, because of the extra Keeper lending his or her ability. With every Keeper added, our strength is increased more./

“And thirteen doesn’t make you weaker? You know, because it’s unlucky?” Luffy asked. Usopp and Zoro gave him blank stares for a moment, and Lei cocked her head at him before laughing.

“Oh, no! That’s just superstition. Any number of power, whether it’s thought to be good or bad, gives the Legends a great power increase.”

“Well, that’s good,” Luffy said with a nod, and Zoro shook his head but remained silent.

“If you guys need anything explained more, I’ll-“

/Ho-Oh comes,/ Celebii suddenly said, the five of them turned to face the east. For a moment none of them saw anything, but then Lei spotted a tiny black speck in the distance. Within a few moments, the speck had grown larger, and it was coming at them fast.

“Move back,” Lei said, waving for the others to follow her as she made her way towards the edge of the tower behind them. They stopped about a yard from the edge and turned to face forward again as the speck grew larger and larger, until finally it took on a definite form and non-definite color.

Ho-Oh was a magnificent creature with brilliant red plumage. His wings seemed to constantly change color as they beat the air, being red, then green, yellow, red with blue streaked through, and sometimes an utterly beautiful mix of several. On his head was a curled crest of four yellow feathers, and his tail feathers were also yellow and extremely thick. His stomach was white, and he had a green band of feathers around his neck. Behind his eyes were unusual black markings. Even though he seemed large before, when he landed before them it became apparent how big he truly was.

Standing at roughly thirteen feet and weighing at least four hundred pounds, the great bird was a marvelous sight to behold. His long, yellow beak was half-open as he panted a bit, catching his breath. He folded his splendid wings, causing a dizzying array of colors to flash momentarily, then fixed his crimson gaze on Lei and Celebii.

/You have returned,/ he said, sounding relieved, but also extremely tired. /We were beginning to lose hope…/

“How long have we been gone?” Lei asked after a moment, almost afraid to hear the answer. Ho-Oh studied her for a moment, then sighed heavily.

/Nearly five days, young one. And even more distressing is the fact that the Telling happened just this morn./

“Oh!” Lei cried out, hands going to her mouth in horror. “Who…who was affected…?”

/All of us,/ Ho-Oh responded tiredly, shaking his head. Lei blinked, confused, and the large Legend before her shifted his weight a bit. The movement caused his large talons to scrape against the concrete he was resting on. /This morning, we were all given the same sight, the same vision. A great and terrible darkness, spreading like a sickly plague over our home, destroying, killing, ravaging. Then, the black void of nothingness. Rayquaza called a council to the Sky Pillar, and we discussed what we had all seen. We came to the decision that the darkness that is threatening us even now must be the source of the Telling, the reason for it. Of course it makes sense; if our reality is destroyed, we will all be affected indeed. All of live and existence will./ He then paused to look at Celebii for a moment. /I daresay you’ll soon gain the knowledge of this Telling, as soon as you become re-accustomed the flow of the timeline of our reality./

/Yes,/ Celebii agreed, nodding her head once. Ho-Oh fluffed his feathers a bit, then turned to face Usopp and the others.

/And now, you can introduce me to the three Keepers with you,/ he said, sounding a bit more positive. Lei and Celebii exchanged slightly nervous glances as they too turned to face Zoro, Luffy, and Usopp. Luffy seemed to be barely restraining himself and looked ready to explode with questions and rather…stupid enthusiasm. Zoro had a mixed expression that was difficult to separate, but Lei thought for sure she saw some apprehension and maybe even a hint of worry. Usopp looked absolutely petrified, his entire body shaking so much that he was having a hard time staying on his feet.

“Eh,” Lei said to get Ho-Oh’s attention, and the large bird turned to face her. “Actually, there’s only two. See, Usopp,” she started, pointing to the young man to indicate who she was talking about, “isn’t a Keeper. But he got dragged along with us by accident. I guess there’s no time to take him back to his reality, is there?”

/Indeed not. Time is of the utmost essence now, and we cannot spare even a second./ He looked back to the others, looking directly at Usopp. /I’m sorry that you cannot return home at the moment. But we need all the help we can get, so maybe it won’t be so bad./

Usopp, too shell-shocked by the fact that Ho-Oh was talking to him and not trying to eat him, didn’t respond. Ho-Oh put his head on the side for a moment, then shrugged and turned his gaze to Zoro and Luffy, straightening his head. /You two, then, are the Misplaced Keepers? What are your names?/

“I’m Luffy, Monkey D. Luffy, and I’m going to be King of the Pirates when we take care of the problem here and I get back home!” Luffy exclaimed. Ho-Oh stared at him for a moment, then nodded and faced Zoro.

“I’m Roronoa Zoro, and when we get done with this I’m going to get back to making my dream of becoming the world’s greatest swordsman a reality,” he replied. There was something about his voice, though, that betrayed some deeper feeling. This didn’t go unnoticed by Ho-Oh, who studied him intently for a few moments. Finally, though, he seemed satisfied with whatever it was he discovered, and spread his glorious wings wide.

/Very well then. Lei, you may rejoin with your Pokemon in the Pokemon Tower of Kanto. Afterwards, go to the Lati twins, and get Legend Balls for our two new Keepers. Once that is complete, they will need at least one Pokemon of their own. I’m sure your judgment will be sufficient in helping decide which Pokemon will suit them the best. You must help them learn the ways of our reality, and together you must all learn how to overcome and defeat the darkness that threatens death to all./ He then gave his wings a mighty beat, ruffling hair and clothes. /Go now, and save us all!/

~End Chapter One

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 08-29-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Okay. First of all, I'd like to apologize for not replying earlier. Every time you posted an update, I've been meaning to come here, read it, and post my own litle thoughts about that particular update. But instead, I'll just give you a massive Neo Pikachu style review again, and then come here more frequently. It should work out. Meh, beta reading really takes it out of me. But a nice review should be good enough to get my mind off it.

My thoughts on your description – 8.25/10

You've definitely improved. I only just realized that all of these were parts of the first chapter. I was expecting that description of Lei. But it doesn't matter, really. I like what you've done so far. A detailed description of Lei might ruin it now, I don't know. Maybe you can only mention a couple of things one a at a time during the duration of the story. I've seen a story where we only saw the description of the main character as he lay dead on the floor. It was about six Chapters long. A waste of six Chapters, if you ask me. But if you write like twenty Chapters and then kill the main character. That would be nice.

Anyway, I like how you've described Ho-oh. Fitting for a regal bird like it. It's very different from other descriptions of Ho-oh that I've seen. And original descrtion. OMG. They're dying nowadays...

My thoughts on you Characters – 7.75/10

Yep, you've improved on this was well.

I like how Lei is what a normal hero of a story with the "Save the world" sort of idea behind it would be. An extremely nuetral character, with not too many visible strengths and weaknesses. You can't have a hero who cries at the slightest pain, nor can you have a hero who feels no emotion. I hope to see more of her strengths and perhaps weaknesses as the story progresses.

Luffy, Zoro (meh, in my mind, I've always spelt it "Zolo". Dunno why, though) and Usopp. Pretty much who they are in the anime. And a good thing too. You can't have people from an anime with completely dfferent personalities. Unless they're like Ash in Betrayal. But anyway, I won't say anymore about Betrayal, for fear of being blamed for advertising.

I also like (and most importantly) how both Celebii and Ho-oh have different personalities as well. As far as I can see, Ho-oh has your sort of Gandalf/Dumbledore/Brom sort of personality. Very old and wise, but slowly deteriating in physical power, though thier minds are very strong. Celebii, on the other hand, is a well informed Lei, in my eyes, apart from being green, and possibly a tad bit smaller.

My thoughts on your Storyline/Plot – 8.5/10

Now I can comment on this. Certainly, it is a save the world fic, but it's not your average save the world fic. I mean, you don't see Luffy and a Pikachu teaming up and zapping the heck out of some evil dude (I'm just randomly choosing a Pokémon. I have no idea what Pokémon Luffy will get). I like how you've incorporated the time travelling into this as well as "reality" travelling as such. But I also appreciate how you've put time travelling as a very delicate thing. It's something that's firmly in my mind, and I'm happy that you think the same way too.

Anyway, I like how you've managed to keep the major parts of a sve the world fic, while also making it original. Something special.

DS

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying the fic so far DS. I really appriciate all the reviews I've gotten so far, too. ^^ Anyways, some of Lei's weaknesses will be shown soon enough, and perhaps one of her greatest strengths. Then again, maybe I'll just hold it back a bit for suspense? Heh, at any rate, I'm glad people like it. The beginning of Chapter Two should be up sometime this week or early next week.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Yay, update! Heh, this one's kind of short, and I apologize for that. Also, be warned, there is much description in this chapter, since there are so many Pokemon and places being introduced for the first time here. Enjoy!

Keepers of the Light, Chapter Two, Part One

The sun was shining brightly and the sky clear above Lavender Town; somewhere to the south a Spearow was giving its odd hunting cry. Lavender Town was a small, sparsely populated town in Kanto. There were few houses, a PokeMart and a Pokemon Center (as was common for just about every city and town in the world), and, taking up the most space, a large tower constructed towards the north of the town. A few people were milling about, and every now and again a person or small group would exit or enter the large tower. The grass was well tended, and the sidewalks and streets had no cracks or uneven spots in them. With a town this small, it was easy to care for the local fauna, walkways, and roads.

It was in this humble little town that Lei and the others appeared in with a brilliant flash. Celebii had teleported them there from the Tin Tower, seeing as none of them could fly and they didn’t have time to travel the longer way: the Bullet Train. Though it only took an hour to get to Kanto, and another hour to return to Johto, the group was in too much of a hurry to wait.

“Wow, this place is small!” Luffy exclaimed as a few startled people glanced over, momentarily shocked by the bright flash and sudden appearance of people. Then one of them noticed Celebii, and the mutterings began. Lei anxiously waved for the others to follow her, and then headed for the tower.

“What’s up?” Usopp asked, no longer shaking like a leaf caught in a hurricane. He was used to Celebii, and the giant Ho-Oh was gone. There was no reason to be afraid…at least, maybe not at the moment. He glanced back at the people who were gathering in small groups and watching them hurry off. “Are those people you don’t like or something? Why are they acting like that?”

“We’ve been gone for just about five days,” Lei reminded them. “Before I left, news hadn’t gotten around that I was the last Keeper here. The previous group who were killed were among the last Keepers, plus it had happened in Hoenn, so the people here in Kanto still hadn’t heard about it. Now though, it’s probably big news all over the world. See, it’s mostly because my unc-“ Here she suddenly stopped, both verbally and physically. For a moment she gripped at her chest, letting out a little gasp. Worried, Luffy and the others gathered around to see what was wrong.

“Lei? What’s wrong?” the young, hat-wearing man asked. Lei shook her head, trying to fight back the tears that were threatening to spill. “Are you in pain? Did you get hurt somehow?”

/It is not that sort of pain, Luffy,/ Celebii said softly as she floated above Lei’s head. / Rio, her uncle and last relative who remotely cared about her, was a part of the group that was last killed by the darkness./

“Oh…” Luffy replied, looking a bit embarrassed. Usopp and Zoro remained silent, and after a few minutes Lei recovered and straightened up. She wiped her eyes dry and then gave a cheery, albeit forced, smile.

“I’m alright, really. Thanks for worrying though. Come on, let’s go get Houndoom and the others, and then we can meet up with Latias and Latios and get your guys your Legend Balls.” She then turned back to the tower and marched towards it, her attitude a mixed one of determination and grief. Celebii sighed softly and lowered her voice as she followed the others.

/The same day Lei found out about her Uncle’s death was the day we came to your reality. She is only sixteen and has not yet had the time to mourn properly. I fear she may become mentally and physically worn out and exhausted if she does not soon stop holding in her feelings of sorrow and sadness. Also, he was very famous, and thus so is Lei. It is why people are so interested in her. But it will cause her even more emotional pain, to be reminded of him so much by that popularity./

“Have you tried talking to her about it?" Usopp asked. Celebii shook her head as they followed after the young woman, ignoring the people behind them who were now talking even louder after the scene that had just taken place.

/No, for I would not know what to say. As much as I loved Rio as a friend, it is not the same as the love Lei had for him. They had been together for many years, and Rio was a second father to her. Considering her real father…/ Here she paused, then shook her head. /It is not my place to say. But the death of Rio has had a heavy impact on her, and she really needs to let her grief out instead of holding it it as she is./

“She seems pretty strong,” Zoro suddenly commented, earning himself several glances from the others. Usopp looked like he was getting ready to say something, but was cut off as suddenly Lei let out a cry from the doors of the tower.

/Lei!/ Celebii cried out, and she and the others rushed over to where she was standing. /The Ghosts shouldn’t be active at this time of day!/

“Ghosts?!” Usopp squeaked out, skidding to a stop and almost falling over. Zoro glared back at him.

“What are you stopping for?! Come on!” He then turned to face the front, and Usopp muttered for a moment before following after, much against his better judgement. However, before any of them had the chance to reach Lei and help her, she let out a laugh and turned to face the lot of them, looking extremely happy. The gathered groups of people released their held breaths in unison, having thought, as the others had, that Lei had been being attacked.

“What…is that?” Zoro asked as he and the others came to a surprised stop. For at Lei’s side was what appeared to be a large black dog. Its muzzle and stomach were orange, and it had eyes that were like deep, blue-black pools. Around its wrists and ankles were twin circlets of bone, and there was more bone on it back and around its neck. On its chest was a small skull, again made of bone. Two horns curved over its back like a ram’s. It had a long, thin tail, which ended in a small triangle shape and was happily waving through the air.

“This? This is Houndoom, one of my Pokemon.” She then turned back to face the door, which was still open. Two other creatures had just walked out of it and were now crowding around Lei’s back, both of them looking tremendously joyful. Laughing, Lei managed to jostle them forward so Luffy and the others could see them, and so she could introduce them. “This one if Flygon,” she said, motioning towards a large, green dragonfly-looking Pokemon. This one stood about a foot taller than Lei, and had bands of darker green running down its tail. At the tip of it were three small, diamond-shaped spades that had red around the outer edges. Its single pair of wings looked much the same, only they were bigger. Its hands each had three claws at the ends of the fingers. Red caps covered its black eyes, and two long antennae, which were the same dark green as the bands on its tail, flowed back about a foot. Lei grinned as the Pokemon bumped into her gently, then waved to the third and last of the creatures. “And this one here is Ampharos.” This one stood about four-and-a-half feet tall, and had sleek yellow skin. Around its neck were three thin black stipes, and two more around each horn on its head and around its tail. It had two red orbs on its body: one on the tip of its tail, and a smaller one on its forehead, above its eyes and between its horns, which resembled ears. It gave an odd sort of bleating noise, and Lei grinned more. “He says hello.” Here Houndoom and Flygon also gave cries. “They say hi too.”

“You can understand them?” Zoro asked, cocking an eye. Lei nodded as she and her Pokemon rejoined them.

“Of course! When you guys get your Pokemon, you’ll be able to understand them like I understand mine. It’s something that happens with Keepers. No one knows why, but when a Keeper obtains a Pokemon, a sort of mental bond is forged, allowing the Keeper to understand their Pokemon.” She patted Houndoom on the head and then pulled three red-and-white Balls from the pack around her waist, half-turning to her Pokemon. “Alrighty guys, return!” Three red beams shot from the Balls and pulled the Pokemon inside the Balls, which Lei put back in her pack. She then turned back to face the others. “Right, now that I’ve got my Pokemon back, let’s get going to the twins, shall we?”

Usopp and the others nodded, and Celebii floated down to land on Lei’s head. As soon as they were all touching, Celebii invoked her jumping abilities, and with another gleaming flare of light, the group was gone.

The graves all around him were comforting, somehow. They reminded him of the weakness of mortality, of the sickeningly short life humans and many Pokemon had. It was soothing.

The black-cloaked figure walked slowly, aimlessly, among the graves. As he walked, a thick darkness oozed from the cloak around him and spread over the ground, like an oil spill in slow-motion. If the man noticed, he paid it no attention. After a time, the darkness would vanish, and only then would the man smile, his mouth being the only part of him that was visible.

“Go, go out and cast your tainted shadow, destroy in pain and suffering what I could not destroy in mercy and quickness.”

He then paused by a particular grave, seeming to read the words engraved in the concrete slab of the tombstone:

“Here lies Beju,
An Arcanine whose loyalty and love knew no boundaries.
May he rest here, forever in peace.”

“Peace…” the man muttered, reaching out to run a thin, pale finger over the top of the tombstone. The darkness shuddered as it dripped from his cloak, and seemed to pull away from him and shrivel slightly. Then, the man let out a harsh, bitter laugh. “There is no such thing as peace! It’s all a falsity, an untruth! I’ll show to them the truth, the truth of chaos and the truth of the void!”

As the man began to laugh in a maniacal hysteria, the darkness practically exploded from him, swelling in strength as it took in his hate, anger, and madness, before flinging itself away from him and into the world to wreak the destruction its master so desperately craved…

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-01-2006 at 06:55 PM.