Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:28 AM
musogato Offline
New Trainer

Question How do you take game screenshots?

Hey all. The main site has wonderfully clear screenshots from the games and shows, and I was just wondering how it was done. I mean, I tried taking pictures of my games with my camera, but they always come out blurry and stuff, even if the camera is sitting on a table.

So is there so kind of special program to that takes clear, pixel-for-pixel pics of the games or does the webmaster (or whoever takes the screenshots) just have really high-quality cameras? Any help would be much appreciated. ^_^
Old 03-09-2004, 02:35 AM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: How do you take game screenshots?

I use a video capture device that hooks up between my TV and computer, and that essentially allows me to take digital pictures of what is on the screen. The device takes the video that is showing on your screen and saves it as an image. You can also use a video cature card.

If you want to find one, go here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...capture+device. Hope that helped.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:46 AM
musogato Offline
New Trainer

Oh cool, I'll look into that. Thanks. But what about taking screenshots from the Gameboy units? Although I suppose if you have Stadium, you could just play the gameboy games on the tv... but are there any other ways to take screenshots from the gameboy?
Old 03-09-2004, 03:02 AM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

Really, the only practical way to do that without taking apart your gameboy would be to get a gameboy player (of course, you also need a gamecube), which allows you to play gameboy games on your TV. Then you just do the same as you do with console games.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:12 AM
musogato Offline
New Trainer

I see, so the only way to make it really work is through the tv? Alrighty then. Thank you very much for all your help. :)
Old 03-09-2004, 04:56 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

there are other ways. you can download an illegal rom(it's not illegal if you own the cartridge), and use the Print Screen button to get hold of a picture you want, crop it out and save it.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Hiya boltage! This is my second forum! you helped dark absol on his game, you wanted a dark ho-oh!

SMILEYS!

SADDYS!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:58 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold
Hiya boltage! This is my second forum! you helped dark absol on his game, you wanted a dark ho-oh!

SMILEYS!

SADDYS!
no, it was nick who wanted a dark ho-oh ._. (i think it was him)

and i'd love to understand what that post was really about >_.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Shining Arcanine Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
there are other ways. you can download an illegal rom(it's not illegal if you own the cartridge), and use the Print Screen button to get hold of a picture you want, crop it out and save it.
Uploading/Downloading it is illegal regardless of whether or not you have a cartridge considering you are breaking the law to obtain it. There is no law that says you can't extract your ROM from your cartridge through. Btw, that would void your warrenty.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:13 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Arcanine
Uploading/Downloading it is illegal regardless of whether or not you have a cartridge considering you are breaking the law to obtain it. There is no law that says you can't extract your ROM from your cartridge through. Btw, that would void your warrenty.
You think I bother answering your question after answering it to people so many times? Do bother seeing through threads in the Pokemon boards. If it was illegal, you think you'd see people selling machines that allow you to upload your game from your cartridge to your computer? Seriously, don't answer this, I know you're just gonna say "Prove it!" or whatever. I'm not going to bother about this case after it's been closed for tons of times, so case closed.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Ferret Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ferret Send a message via MSN to Ferret Send a message via Yahoo to Ferret

Okay! I'll prove it, roms are illegal no matter what.... *Goes to find that page..*

I found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo.com
Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
It's from here, thank you Nintendo.

I posted this on the old Proboards, I suggested that the page and information be posted somewhere, but it didn't happen....

[EDIT]

Oh, and on the Flash linkers allowing you to create roms? Those are for development purposes only.