Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:23 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default "Gotta Catch a Ride to New York" Sweepstakes!

"Gotta Catch a Ride to New York" Sweepstakes!
-09/12/06-

Press Release

VIZ Media Wants Pokemon Fans to "Catch'em All" With a Ride on Amtrak
VIZ Media, LLC, one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, Amtrak and Pokemon USA, present the “Gotta Catch a Ride to New York!” Sweepstakes! The sweepstakes will be open through October 13, 2007.

One lucky winner will win a five-day/four night trip to New York City with three family members via Amtrak to Pokemon USA, Inc. headquarters to celebrate the special release of Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! The winner will also walk away with a $600 American Express gift card.

To encourage kids and parents to ride the rails with Amtrak, a Pokemon-wrapped train will run from Boston to Washington, D.C. through the month of September, and 20,000 kids packs will be distributed in select stations, and through Amtrak’s online store. The Kids Packs contain Pokemon Fan Magazine, a VIZ Media All Ages manga sampler, a Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie poster, and information on the sweepstakes, PokemonCenter.com, and Amtrak’s Kids Half Off Fare!

“We are excited to work with Amtrak and Pokemon USA on such a great program,” says Wendy Shimamura, project lead, VIZ Media. “Train travel is an integral part of Japanese culture and community, so it’s just natural to bring the joy of manga and Pokemon to children and families aboard one of the most prominent transportation services in the United States through 20,000 free Kids Packs! And with the cost of gas rising, it’s great to encourage families to travel via alternative methods of transportation.”

“We can’t wait to welcome the winner of “Gotta Catch a Ride to New York” to Pokemon headquarters, says Holly Rawlinson, Vice President of Licensing, Pokemon USA.” “For a Pokemon fan, it’ll be a thrill to meet the people who make the brand what it is.”

VIZ Media will be releasing Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew on DVD on September 19.

For more information, visit Amtrak's "Gotta Catch a Ride to New York" Sweepstakes page: "Gotta Catch a Ride to New York" Sweepstakes

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 09-12-2006, 06:13 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries
Default Re: "Gotta Catch a Ride to New York" Sweepstakes!

A trip to New York... pass! The last time I went to New York, I nearly froze to death.... in May... in the rain... But I don't think it was New York's fault, it was the retards I was travelling with. Apparently, they thought the trip to New York was a shopping spree for them. I freaking hate them... (Murderous thought)

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
mew3692002 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to mew3692002

Did any of you happen to actually enter the contest on the front of this site? You know, the one with Amtrak hosting it? I guess the age of 21 requirement put some of you off... But I hope I win! Maybe I can take someone with me maybe?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:06 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

I entered, and was actually surprised for once that I wasn't too old to enter! I get really tired of the pokemon contests that limit participants to under 12, or 14, or 18, etc.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
I entered, and was actually surprised for once that I wasn't too old to enter! I get really tired of the pokemon contests that limit participants to under 12, or 14, or 18, etc.
Seriously! I mean, when they do these contests, they think just because it is a "cartoon" it's only for little kids. Older kids like Pokemon too! Shame on those for the age 16 cutoff age! Yay to those who say 'Pokemon is for everyone!' :D

Bunny of Doom!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:34 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
lol, well I'm happy they have a contest for ya. Even I can't enter (I'm 20).
Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Barret Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
I didn't know you were twenty. :/ I wonder why I didn't.

How do you enter anyway?

EDIT: I figured it out. ^_^;

Some Drug, Alcohol, and Domestic Violence Related Info and Statistics:
+One out of every two women will be raped in their lifetime
+One out of every three women will be sexually assaulted, raped, or beaten by the time they are 18
+In the US every 30 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol related traffic accident
+Over 15 million Americans are dependent on alcohol; 500,000 are between the age of 9 and 12
+Tobacco is the only thing that when used correctly, will kill you
Be Responsible. Don't be a Statistic.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
It's okay. I'm 18. I would have entered if I could, but sadly I can't. But, hey, you could enter before I could. ...

Bunny of Doom!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Lusitania Offline

I'm so entering.i'm younger than ya'll but anywho's if I win I'm gonna Ultra glaot to all my pokemon loving friends.(Pokealics)