Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!
-10/03/06-

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1,586,360 units in the first week of sales (September 28th - October 1st), making it the fastest selling DS game ever in Japan. This shatters the record originally set by New Super Mario Bros, which sold 865,024 units in that game's first week. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl also broke the record for the fastest selling Pokemon game in Japan. The record was previously held by Pokemon Gold/Silver, which sold 1,425,768 units in their first week back in 1999.

*Figures from Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/200...61194,0,0.html

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are scheduled to be released in the US in Spring 2007.

Related Links
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 10-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Pokemon Ranger Jeanne Offline

Wink Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

Wow that's awesome! G/S was the only time I bought both games the day they came out, only because I was sucked into Pokemon back then. (I still am, but not as much as I was back then... back then I had the cards, games, even the plushies!). Anyways D/P look cool, but I doubt I'll buy both when they come out... (Nothing can ever beat G/S :().
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Ledgened Man Offline
New Trainer

Talking Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

yes but isn't there a romour about if sooooo many sold in japan they might start selling them in te usa thi november. still rekon it is real because i do - i just want it QUICKER !!!

Why Cant Aussies Get Good Pokemon ? Or At Least Why cant I ??
Old 10-04-2006, 12:40 PM
ZadokRox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

Don't get your hopes up. D/P stills needs to be translated and then localized, or else you'll either be reading the game's text in Japanese or be reading the text in English but totally not get what it means.

Be patient; in about 5 to 7 months, you'll have D/P in your hands and it'll make perfect sense (plus they might throw it an extra something).
Old 10-04-2006, 01:06 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgened Man View Post
yes but isn't there a romour about if sooooo many sold in japan they might start selling them in te usa thi november. still rekon it is real because i do - i just want it QUICKER !!!
Yeah, there is a rumor about D/P might come out around November 14 (the date "set" by other sites) but I doubt it. For one, translating and distributing the game across the US by the next month, and two, advertising. I haven't seen any commercials on it, but I guess it's a little early. If it does come out any earlier than Spring 2007, my bet will be Christmas. -.- (I hate Christmas... Bah Humbug) But the sales in Japan was surprising, but it is the first Pokemon game for the DS. The only reason - I think - Gold and Silver did so good was the fact that new Pokemon (other than the original 150-151) was in the game. :) (Remember Pikablu aka Marril??) Later!

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM
ELMO Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ELMO Send a message via MSN to ELMO Send a message via Skype™ to ELMO

In my opinion, this bodes VERY well for Pokemon. Let's hope this popularity carries over in the states. If it does so, it'll prove that Pokemon Fever is still catching to people. :)

Check out my Loowa profile. Sign up yourself and add me! =D
Old 10-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Awww man I loved gold and Silver! Well can't disagree with facts but I am quite suprised at how many units where sold! I doubt it will set any record here in America though.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZadokRox View Post
Don't get your hopes up. D/P stills needs to be translated and then localized, or else you'll either be reading the game's text in Japanese or be reading the text in English but totally not get what it means.

Be patient; in about 5 to 7 months, you'll have D/P in your hands and it'll make perfect sense (plus they might throw it an extra something).
Translating doesn't have to take years. The Pokemon games have basic Japanese in them, which can be read by just about anyone who has taken at least a year or two of Japanese ... I was able to read and translate most of the screenshots with characters on them, and I was never a fan of studying.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Haunted Cereal Box Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Haunted Cereal Box

whoa i never realized how many G/S copies were sold
there right behind D/P......and where did guys hear about the "possible" new release date?

lvl 100 @ 318
Old 10-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!
-10/03/06-

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1,586,360 units in the first week of sales (September 28th - October 1st), making it the fastest selling DS game ever in Japan. This shatters the record originally set by New Super Mario Bros, which sold 865,024 units in that game's first week. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl also broke the record for the fastest selling Pokemon game in Japan. The record was previously held by Pokemon Gold/Silver, which sold 1,425,768 units in their first week back in 1999.
Do you happen to have the units stats for Ruby/Sapphire? I thought they beat out G/S in units sold.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Ledgened Man Offline
New Trainer

Cool Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

i guess it will take a while but i will have to wait

Why Cant Aussies Get Good Pokemon ? Or At Least Why cant I ??
Old 10-04-2006, 11:51 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Cereal Box View Post
whoa i never realized how many G/S copies were sold
there right behind D/P......and where did guys hear about the "possible" new release date?
I saw it as a news update at www.pokezam.com but it was only a rumor update... and you know how rumors are... -.-;

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:29 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Translating doesn't have to take years. The Pokemon games have basic Japanese in them, which can be read by just about anyone who has taken at least a year or two of Japanese ... I was able to read and translate most of the screenshots with characters on them, and I was never a fan of studying.
To quote myself from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/even...hedecade4.html :

"I asked Seth, the Product Localization Coordinator for Nintendo of America, how long it usually takes to translate a Pokemon game. He said about six weeks. But in total, it takes about four months to complete the finished product."

Obviously he couldn't reveal too much about Diamond/Pearl at the time I met him, but he did say that they were working on Diamond/Pearl at the time (this was back in August). Four months later would be December. But even when the game is complete, it doesn't mean it will be released immediately. It takes time to get the product out to stores and stuff like that. The Wii is complete today as we speak, it doesn't mean it's in stores right now.

Oh by the way, the "rumor" release date is obviously not true. In fact, Gamespot has corrected their article to be more clear: "Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl launched today, and again Tokyo saw fans lining up in scenes reminiscent of the Final Fantasy III DS launch last month. (Final Fantasy III will hit the US in mid-November.)" It's Final Fantasy III that will hit the US in mid-November. For those that missed it, they said "The games will hit the US in mid-November," it's now corrected to be more clear and say Final Fantasy III.

I was given a list of release dates from Nintendo, as I list here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=21025 . The Spring 2007 release date is listed for Diamond/Pearl. I got this list back in August, dates might change, but this is the most official thing I got, and that's what I'll go with until I find out otherwise.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:25 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Damn.........so many copies sold in just its first week of being released. that's amasing in my eyes. I wonder if that many will sell here when it comes out. The anticipation level of D/P sure makes you ponder on that.

lol, ponder
Old 10-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
To quote myself from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/even...hedecade4.html :

"I asked Seth, the Product Localization Coordinator for Nintendo of America, how long it usually takes to translate a Pokemon game. He said about six weeks. But in total, it takes about four months to complete the finished product."

Obviously he couldn't reveal too much about Diamond/Pearl at the time I met him, but he did say that they were working on Diamond/Pearl at the time (this was back in August). Four months later would be December. But even when the game is complete, it doesn't mean it will be released immediately. It takes time to get the product out to stores and stuff like that. The Wii is complete today as we speak, it doesn't mean it's in stores right now.
Well, I know that actually releasing the game takes months, but I'd just thought I'd say that it's not the translating that takes the longest to do.

If the proposed time of it being complete would be the end of winter, then why are they waiting until Spring to release it? That's not fair.

:(