Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Mystic Offline

Default POkerus

Can someone tell me what pokerus is becasue for some reason i went to the poke center and the lady said that i got pokerus so i checked my team and they all got it except one. what does this mean?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:41 AM
Mystic Offline

Default Re: POkerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Can someone tell me what pokerus is becasue for some reason i went to the poke center and the lady said that i got pokerus so i checked my team and they all got it except one. what does this mean?
Sorry to double post but i just found some info on it so if ur interested here it is:
The Pokérus is a useful little virus that can help you while you train your beloved Pokémon. You may or may not have heard of it, but chances are that you haven’t heard of it if you are reading this. You may be wondering “Why do I need it” or “How can a virus help my Pokémon” or “How do I get this ‘Pokérus’” or “Why is this guy asking so many questions”. Save for the last one, it will be covered here.

Let’s start with what it does. The Pokérus is, as mentioned before, very helpful in training your own Pokémon. If you have the Pokérus on a Pokémon, you have probably noticed that it will spread to the other Pokémon in your party and when you level one of those Pokémon up by battling, their stats will increase higher than usual. The reason for this is because the Pokérus doubles the Effort Points you’ve obtained. In other words, it’s just like the Macho Brace you get north of Mauville except without the speed boost and it doesn’t take up an item slot. (For more info on Effort Points, go take a look at the Effort Value guide.) It’s quite helpful indeed. It’s important to note that the Pokémon with the Pokérus will lose the Pokérus eventually, and a small dot will appear in your Pokémon’s status screens. If you want to keep the Pokérus forever, make sure you put an infected Pokémon in your box.

So now how do I get this elusive virus? Well to tell you the truth… It’s really based upon luck, like most things. Maybe not as much as to get a shiny Pokémon, but around that area. To get the Pokérus, your Pokémon needs to engage in a battle a wild Pokémon that holds the Pokérus. You will be alerted if you have the Pokérus in your party when you next visit the Pokémon center. The Pokémon nurse there will go through a dialogue with you dealing with the Pokérus after you get them healed. You can catch it as well by catching the Pokémon and placing it in your party to spread it.

And that is amazingly everything related to the Pokérus…
Old 11-23-2006, 05:52 AM
T r I p L e x Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to T r I p L e x Send a message via Skype™ to T r I p L e x

dude u just answered ur own question so y didnt u search for info before u posted? watever

VPP Stats Shade is a god and made my sexy banner.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario12 View Post
dude u just answered ur own question so y didnt u search for info before u posted? watever
Yah I dont get that. Instead of having to wait for a response, why dont they just googole it? thats what I do first. Then if its not a good explaination, then I go to pe2k
Old 11-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Puggles Offline
Experienced Trainer

Mystic, it's good you found ananswer to your question. I bet you just found the answer right after you posted this, so don't listen if others bash you for it. People have a right to post questions here, as it is a forum.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:59 AM
cool rayquaza Offline
Experienced Trainer

If you get pokerus you can go to mirage island and catch lots of wynaut.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Smile Re: POkerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rayquaza View Post
That surely didn't happend to me.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rayquaza View Post
Pokerus has nothing to do with Mirage Isand.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Pokerus has nothing to do with Mirage Isand.
Yeah, Mirage Island? wtf? Pokerus is a disease, not a passport.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Still, that could be very useful, if you were to happen upon it... Thanks for the info, Mystic!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

lol, the thread owner answered himslef. Anyways, closed for obvious reasons
Closed Thread