Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:51 AM
Juveline-Addictions Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default I'm not sure whether it's been here before. {Evolution Cancel.}

I'm wondering...

How many actually decide to use the Evolution Cancel tactic to a few of their Pokémon? I'm not quite sure why, but I was playing a little trial game {I played a trial game to see if I liked the game last night.}, and I thought about that, when a little girl, I forgot where, mentions it randomly.

Do you actually think that tactic is good on a few Pokémon? Or would you rather allow all of your Pokémon evolve to its highest level? I personally think it's an okay tactic at times, although a bit tiresome {Your Pokémon wants to evolve every time it goes up a level}. What do you all think?

Edit: I'm not sure, but I think that you're not allowed to talk about Roms? Because of this, I removed the words from my post.

Last edited by Juveline-Addictions; 12-29-2006 at 05:02 AM. Reason: I removed the talk of Roms in my post.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: I'm not sure whether it's been here before. {Evolution Cancel.}

Well, it's important if you're focusing on speed. Evolutions grow slower in speed stats. And also, if you want to keep it's evolution (common in pichu, magby, or other prevo's) it makes sense to have that option. but as for it wanting to evolve at every level, that's where the everstone comes in.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Experienced Trainer

But then what if you're the sort of person who's not willing to catch twenty species for that aide to give you the Everstone? =' {Yes, my trial game ended up going that far.}

Well then, I suppose that would be my problem, wouldn't it? xD

I don't know, because the starter that I'm planning to use is Charmander, and I'm wanting to keep it at Charmeleon when I get it that far. Would you think that's a good idea to do or not?
Old 12-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I think it's a fine idea. ^^

I prefer playing with my favourites than with their strongest evolved forms. I like Bulbasaur and Ivysaur much more than Venusaur, so in every game I play, I never evolve my Ivysaur and sometimes I even keep it as Bulbasaur. =] I've never had any trouble beating the game or anything.

I'm glad they allow you to cancel evolution because a lot of my favourite Pokemon are unevolved forms.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Ultima Shadow Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ultima Shadow Send a message via MSN to Ultima Shadow

Well, some Pokemon at lower evolution stages may have over advantages those of higher stages. For example, Scizor gains good typing and defense when it evolves, but loses its brilliant speed from when it was a Scyther. It can compensate with Agility, but that's not always the best option.

Also, some Pokemon have to level up to a certain point before evolving to learn certain moves. Breloom can't learn Spore naturally, but its lower evolution, Shroomish, can.

Some Pokemon also different have reasons to not evolve earlier. Vigoroth is still a brilliant Pokemon; while unevolved, Slaking's trait is limiting and hard to get around at times. Pikachu can utilise the Light Ball, whereas Raichu can't. (Raichu > Light Ball Pikachu anyway xP)

w00t grader!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady on MSN...
βēŋĵď ™ says:
I hate quotes in sigs...
*INSERT TONS OF ANNOYING SMILEYS AND ANIMATED GIFS HERE OLOLOLOLOL*
Hidden Truths (My current URPG Story)
Dojo the Salamence
Level 100 @ 1570

Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Experienced Trainer

So I suppose it's all right to keep my starter as Charmeleon all throughout the game?

Thanks, guys. Evolution Cancel is a topic so unheard of nowadays, that sometimes someone doesn't know what to do.

d=