Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default What is completely nothing?

As in, the void of everything, light, matter, energy, space, area, whatever, you name it, all gone. What is it? Is it even possible? I think of it as... well the stuff between atoms... I really don't know... I could predict it'd be at absolute zero (I think it's minus 403 degrees... but that's completely void of ALL energy and you can't get lower than that.) and also that it'd be black... any thoughts on this? this would make sense to be outside our universe as light and energy slowly goes into nothing... instead of it just abruptly stopping at [SIGN POST: THIS IS THE END OF THE UNIVERSE, TURN BACK NOW] cause in reality you could go past it maybe and heat up that area. It's just infinite nothing, but if you put something there, then it becomes something. So maybe we're just like one whole system and past the nothing for a long way, there's other systems like ours... hmm...
Old 08-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Necrobat
Default Re: What is completely nothing?

I think there's no complete nothing. Think about it. Everything is made of atoms, even space, so therefore something will always exist. Even if a black hole sucks away everything, it is still made of atoms and more atoms replace the old ones. So, I would think, there is no complete nothing.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:19 AM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

abstract things are nothing, matter-wise
Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrobat
I think there's no complete nothing. Think about it. Everything is made of atoms, even space, so therefore something will always exist. Even if a black hole sucks away everything, it is still made of atoms and more atoms replace the old ones. So, I would think, there is no complete nothing.
Space doesn't contain atoms...it's a vacuum -_- >_<

Anyway, I personally believe that space is nothing. If space were something, than waht would nothing be? It's beyond human comprehension, and thusly I believe that space is nothing.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

If u r talkin about the deep of space, I'm not too sure. But here on earth...If all was left was darkness and nothing but the earth benteth u're feet....There something there (exclueding the ground). Air...Air is always there. B/c of atoms. Not that great of an explanation....But work with me...It's early in the morning here. lol.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdude
If u r talkin about the deep of space, I'm not too sure. But here on earth...If all was left was darkness and nothing but the earth benteth u're feet....There something there (exclueding the ground). Air...Air is always there. B/c of atoms. Not that great of an explanation....But work with me...It's early in the morning here. lol.
There is no 'space' on Earth; it understood that when one uses the word 'space', they're referring to 'outer space', where no atoms exist.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.