Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Default An Innocent's Revenge

This is the prequel to My Cause and it's rated PG-13 for mild gore (just blood mainly). This story fills in some of the gaps that were left in the story and explains how Aiya became what she was as well as what she was before.

An Innocent's Revenge

Chapter 1: I’m Off

“Aiya, wake up sweetheart, you don‘t want to be late.” The kind blue-haired woman knocked on the door to her daughter’s room, a smile tugging at her lips.

“I won’t be!” came a muffled shout from inside. The door swung open and a young girl stood grinning up at her mother.

The kind woman chuckled. “How long have you been up?”

“I dunno. Since sunrise, I think.”

“Oh goodness,” her mother said, laughing, “you’re going to be too tired to start your journey.”

“Not a chance!” Aiya grinned again, then said, “Race you downstairs!” She laughed and darted down th e stairs with her mother on her heels. It wasn’t a very long race but Aiya was still immensely proud of her victory. “And you’re like, a hundred years older than me!” She said happily, knowing that the number was very far fetched but not caring.

“Well, I don’t know about a hundred,” said her mother, smiling in spite of herself, “but you’re young and energetic so it’s only natural that you beat me.”

“Yup! And I’m going to use the same skills to beat everyone I meet on my journey!” That thought in mind, Aiya attempted to leave the house, darting towards the door like a Jolteon. Her mother reached out and caught her by the back of her shirt.

“You haven’t had breakfast yet.”

“Moooom,” Aiya whined, fidgeting in her mother’s grip, “I’m too excited to eat!”

“No you’re not,” came her father’s voice from the doorway.

“She just wants to get her Pokemon before I do,” said Aiya’s twin sister Tya from behind her father.

“I get to anyway,” Aiya said, grinning over at her sister.

“I know, and it’s not fair! I have to wait until tomorrow because Professor Elm is too busy to give out more than one Pokemon a day.” She crossed her arms and pouted, looking jealous and annoyed.

Their father’s bright red eyes sparkled with amusement as he ruffled Tya’s light blue hair. Tya and her sister looked very much alike, but not exactly. Both had light blue hair that fell to their shoulders in a slightly untidy way and both, like their father, had bright crimson eyes.

“Now, now girls, you should be glad that you are even able to get a Pokemon from Professor Elm. If he hadn’t come to Ecruteak to study the ruins around the city, you’d both be heading over to the Pokemon Center and getting a Pokemon from Nurse Joy.”

“We know,” said both girls together in a flat voice.

“It’s still not fair though. I should have…”

“That’s enough, Tya. You’ll get our Pokemon tomorrow and Aiya promised she’d wait for you before she left on her journey. Now, both of you sit down and eat breakfast. I won’t have Aiya leaving this house hungry.”

Both girls sighed and seated themselves on either side of the table. Aiya didn’t have much of an appetite but she forced herself to eat everything on her plate as fast as she could. She then gulped down her orange juice and stood up before anyone else was even half finished.

“Can I go now?”

Her mother couldn’t help shaking her head and smiling. “Ok, you can go now. We’ll be down there to congratulate you and see which Pokemon you got later.”

“Ok, thanks!”

“Moooom, can’t I…”

“No, Tya, finish eating.”

Tya snorted and returned moodily to her food. “Alphabetical order…why couldn’t we have done something fair like flipped a coin?”

Aiya grinned and skipped around the table to give her sister a hug. “We did flip a coin, remember. It’s not my fault you forgot it had heads on both sides, not tails.”

Tya grinned. “Aw well, I won’t forgot next time I have to use it. And at least I’ll be able to beat you when we have our first battle!”

“Not a chance!” Aiya grinned smugly at her sister, “I’ll start training the moment I get out of the Pokemon Center!” she turned to her parents who both had amused looks on their faces, “Well, I’m off. See you later!”

“We’ll be along a little later,” said her mother, waving to her.

“I hope you get the Pokemon you want,” said her father, nodding to her.

“Yeah, just don’t take the one I want!”

Aiya grinned, her heart light and joyful. Finally it was time for her to head to the Pokemon Center and receive her first Pokemon. Which one she’d choose she wasn’t sure. Whichever one it was to be, she was sure it would be the best of the lot.
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge

Last edited by Suicune's Child; 02-01-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost
Default Re: An Innocent's Revenge

Well, I sort of feel bad for not reviewing your other attempts. But I swear to Ryan that I'll keep up with this one.

Haven't read My Cause though... Maybe if I like this, I'll take a look at My Cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune's Child View Post
“Aiya, wake up sweetheart, you don‘t want to be late.” The kind blue-haired woman knocked on the door to her daughter’s room, a smile tugging at her lips.
Forgot the bolded 'her'. Like it that you name the main character as the first word of the story.

Quote:
“I know, and it’s not fair! I have to wait until tomorrow because Professor Elm is too busy to give out more than one Pokemon a day.” She crossed her arms and pouted, looking jealous and annoyed.
Shame on Elm... I think he should be fired. [jk]

Quote:
Their father’s bright red eyes sparkled with amusement as he ruffled Tya’s light blue hair. Tya and her sister looked very much alike, but not exactly. Both had light blue hair that fell to their shoulders in a slightly untidy way and both, like their father, had bright crimson eyes.
Yeah, try to describe the people whilst they are in action. It makes the description attention-grabbing.

Well, the story flows pretty well. I mean, it could be more exciting, but that might just be the circumstances that Aiya has right now - getting a new pokemon.

But nice work.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Thanks much for the review. ^_^ I'm thinking of changing the title of the story but I can't think of another. I had the same problem with My Cause. It didn't quite go with the story but at the same time there was no other that seemed to fit. There is supposed to be a scene somewhere in this story that discusses Aiya's wish for revenge, but I couldn't find a place to put it in. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 2: Core

The Pokemon Center was quiet when Aiya arrived. Only a few trainers could be seen, most waiting to collect their Pokemon from the red headed nurse behind the counter. Though it was early, the nurse looked wide awake and smiled at the trainers and she returned their Pokemon to them.

Eventually all of the trainers left, some to get a bite to eat, others to continue their journeys. Aiya approached the counter and smiled up at Nurse Joy who smiled back. “Good morning, Aiya.”

“Good morning, Nurse Joy.”

“You’re looking for Professor Elm, correct?”

“Yep.”

The kind nurse walked out from behind the counter and said, “Follow me. He’s in one of the back rooms getting things ready for you,” she looked down at the excited girl beside her and asked, “have you decided which Pokemon you’re going to get yet?”

“No. I know that there are three, Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquil. Chikorita is a grass type, Totodile a water type, and Cyndaquil a fire type. Each has its own special move and each has some kind of advantage or weakness over the other. Whichever one I get, I hope it has an advantage over Tya’s choice.”

Nurse Joy chuckled. “You’ve studied well. My advice to you is to get the Pokemon you connect with most. Each Pokemon has its own personality, just like people, so even if you find a Pokemon you really like, it may not have a personality that matches yours, so you may not get along very well. That’s one reason some Pokemon don’t obey their trainers.”

“Oh…what if there aren’t any Pokemon that have a personality that matches mine? Does that mean my Pokemon will ignore me?”

“No, but you will probably have to work harder to get along sometimes. The main reason Pokemon don’t listen is because they think their trainer is too weak or because their trainer is too inexperienced to handle the Pokemon correctly. That’s why new trainers start out with baby Pokemon, because older and higher level Pokemon might not obey them.”

Aiya crossed her arms and studied thin air for a moment. “You don’t think my first Pokemon will ignore me, do you?”

Nurse Joy chuckled and placed a kind hand on the girl’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. I’m confident you and your Pokemon will get along very well.”

This brought a smile to Aiya’s face and she uncrossed her arms. Before she could reply, however, the redheaded nurse stopped, looking at a door near the end of the hallway. A jolt of excitement shot through her body as Nurse Joy knocked on the door. A second jolt hit her as a male voice answered, “Is that you Nurse Joy?”

“Yes, I’ve got Aiya with me.”

“Come in, I’ve got everything set up.”

Nurse Joy reached for the doorknob and gently pushed the door open. Aiya scampered inside, pausing for the briefest of moments to look around the room. The place had a very recently cleaned look about it. The desk in the corner had a few bits of paper hanging out of the drawers and the closet door was slightly ajar, revealing a mass of contents within. None of this meant very mush to Aiya, however. Her attention drifted towards a table at the far end of the room. Laid out neatly on it were a Pokedex, a potion, a small pile of Pokeballs, and, most importantly, three gleaming, marked Pokeballs in a row.

Aiya could barely contain her excitement as she looked the spheres over. One had a flame one the front, one a leaf, and the last a water droplet, signifying the type of Pokemon within.

“Good morning, Aiya,” said Professor Elm’s voice from her right.

Aiya jumped slightly, having almost forgotten the man was there. She turned and grinned up at his. Professor Elm’s appearance was much like his office’s. His hair was hastily brushed and still poking up in places and his white lab coat was ruffled. “Hi, Professor,” said Aiya cheerily, grinning up at him.

“So, I suppose you’d like to get your Pokemon now, eh?”

Aiya nodded eagerly. “Yes, yes, I would!”

Professor Elm chuckled and walked over to the table where the three Pokeballs lay. “Well, here are your choices.” He motioned for Aiya to come over which she did, nearly tripping over her own feet in her excitement.

Elm smiled and lifted the ball with the flame mark on the front. “This first Pokemon is Cyndaquil, a fire type.” He opened the Pokeball and a small, mouse-like Pokemon with blue fur on it’s back and cream colored fur on its belly appeared in a flash of bright light. The Pokemon’s eyes were slanted so much that Aiya wondered how it could see. It’s vision seemed fine, however, as it looked Aiya over then let out a high pitched squeal of happiness.

“Cyndaquil!”

“This next Pokemon is Chikorita, a grass type,” he said, picking up the Pokeball with the leaf mark on it and opening it. There was another flash of bright light and a small green Pokemon standing on four legs appeared. A dark green leaf was attached to its head and its eyes were a friendly red color. It also let out a happy cry as it looked Aiya up and down.

“Chi chika!”

“And finally,” said the Professor, lifting the final Pokeball off the table, “Totodile, the water type.” A third flash of light lit the room, but it didn’t reveal the Pokemon that Aiya associated with the name Totodile. In fact, it didn’t look like a water-type at all. The Pokemon was dark greenish/black in color and stood on two powerful looking legs. It’s arms were long and both its hands and feet were comprised of sharp claws. On both its forehead and chest were golden, oval shaped gems and it had a reddish feather taking the place of its left ear with three similar feathers as a tail.

“Sneasel!” shouted the Pokemon in a rough voice.

Professor Elm blinked. “Now how in the world did Sneasel get in that Pokeball?” He rubbed his head in confusion. “Maybe I just missed Totodile when I was rounding up the starters…but then where’s Totodile?”

Aiya wasn’t listening. She was staring at the Sneasel who stared right back. They considered each other, sizing each other up, then, at the exact same time, both grinned. They nodded at each other, then Aiya turned to look at Professor Elm. “I want Sneasel.”

Professor Elm blinked again, looking from Aiya to Sneasel. “Well, Sneasel isn’t exactly on the list of starters…”

“But it is right here, and it was in one of the starter Pokeballs. Besides, it likes me and I like it.”

“Sne.”

“He, excuse me.”

“Aiya, Sneasel isn’t a good choice for a starter. They’re not easy to handle and can be violent. It’s likely that it wouldn’t obey you if you got it.”

Aiya scoffed at this. “Sure he would.”

Elm sighed. “Maybe you should look at Totodile first, just to-”

“Is he level five?”

“Yes, and a very young Pokemon, but-”

“Then I choose Sneasel.”

Professor Elm looked worriedly from Aiya’s stubborn expression to the young Sneasel watching him through red eyes. Eventually he smiled and said, “All right, Sneasel will be your first Pokemon. I’ll take a minute to finish programming your Pokedex then you can set off.” He picked up the Pokedex on the table and inserted it into a computer Aiya hadn’t noticed earlier. He punched a few buttons, waited, punched a few more, waited some more, then there was a small beep and he withdrew it. “Here,” he offered the small red device to Aiya then scooped up the other items and handed them to her as well. She placed everything neatly into her backpack then turned to thank the professor.

“Would you like to give him a nickname?”

Aiya frowned at him. “A nickname? Why would he get a nickname before he had a proper name?”

Professor Elm chuckled and said, “All right, what will his name be?”

Aiya turned to stare the Sneasel, considering. The dark type cocked his head at her, watching her curiously. Finally she said, “Core.” Sneasel’s reaction was one of instant approval. He nodded happily and swung one of his claws through the air.

“He seems to approve.”

“Yep,” said Aiya happily, walking over and bending down to look Core in the eyes. “Core,” she said softly as if testing the feel of the name, “We’re going far, you and me. We’ll make it all the way to the Pokemon League and beyond!”

“Sneasel!” Core replied in agreement, swiping his claws through the air again.

Aiya laughed and lifted her new Pokemon into her arms.
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

Last edited by Suicune's Child; 02-01-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Ok, this is the big chapter. It is also the one with -Parental Discretion Advised-. Aiya's reaction may not be entirely realistic, but, as I've never been in her situation, I'm having to use guess work.

Chapter 3: A Promise Broken

Aiya grinned at Nurse Joy as she passed her behind the counter. “Which one did you choose?” asked the redheaded woman curiously. Her eyes fell on Core and she blinked in confusion.

“This one,” Aiya replied, gesturing towards her new Pokemon.

“A Sneasel? That’s not one of the usual starters.”

“True, but Professor Elm made a mistake or something so I got Core.”

Nurse Joy looked faintly worried, but her expression brightened as she saw Core grinning up at his new trainer. “Well it looks like you two are friends already.”

“Yep!”

“Sne!”

“Quite an interesting choice. I’m not surprised though. Well, partially. I thought you were going to get Totodile.”

Aiya whipped around, staring joyfully up at a tall boy with dark blue hair and bright red eyes. “Geoff!” she shouted in delight, running over and throwing her arms around the boys waste.

Geoff laughed and ruffled his sister’s light blue hair. “How are you doing, Aiya? It’s been a while.”

“Yeah, it has! Why didn’t you call to tell me you were coming?”

The boy chuckled, his eyes sparkling. “Mom called to tell me you were getting your first Pokemon today, and Tya’s getting hers tomorrow. I was in the area and couldn’t pass up seeing you start your life as a trainer.”

Aiya hugged him again then stepped back and scooped up Core. “He’s awesome, isn’t he? Aren’t you?” She directed the second question at Core who nodded, a smug look on his face.

“Quite,” said Geoff, grinning, “but not quite as awesome as my first Pokemon was.”

“He is too! He’s loads better!”

Geoff couldn’t suppress his laughter as his little sister scowled up at him. “Well, we all think our Pokemon are best, don’t we? How about we have a battle after you trainer little Core up a bit?”

“You’re on!”

Geoff ruffled her hair again and said, “Come on, let’s go see Mom. You can show her your Pokemon and annoy Tya by playing with him in front of her.”

Aiya laughed at this and agreed heartily. “I almost feel sorry for her, having to wait a whole ‘nother day before she gets her first Pokemon. And she has to choose from one of the usual three while I got a special Pokemon. She’s going to be so jealous.” She grinned.

If she had known then what she would find when she arrived home, she wouldn’t have been so cocky. Perhaps she wouldn’t have gone home at all, or perhaps she would have run rather than walked. If she had, maybe she could have done something to help.

~~~~

The house was quiet as the two trainers approached it. Aiya skipped up to the door and placed her hand on the doorknob. An odd feeling of dread hit her and she pulled her hand back, frowning. Just then, a Pokemon scampered out from behind one of the other houses, shot right past Geoff, and vanished in a clump of bushes in a neighbor’s yard.

“You go ahead,” said Geoff happily, racing after the Pokemon.

Aiya shrugged and placed her hand on the doorknob again. The feeling of dread intensified but she ignored it and pushed the door open. The house was dark and silent as she stepped inside. “Mom?” she called hesitantly, looking around the kitchen. “Dad? Tya?” There was no answer.

Aiya felt a chill rising up her back, making the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. She looked down at Core, telling him without words to be quiet, then began to creep through the kitchen. One of the chairs had been knocked over but she didn’t pause to right it. As she neared the doorway into the living room, a strange smell met her nose. She didn’t know what it was but to her it was foul and caused her heart to beat faster still. Core froze, his eyes wide and his muscles tensed. Suddenly he turned and began pushing at her leg, trying to make her go back.

“Stop it,” she whispered, pulled her leg away from him and continuing forward.

Core let out a moan and pulled at her pants. “Sne, Sneasle sne sne Sneasle,” he said in a pleading voice, pulling so hard on her pant’s leg she thought it would tare.

Aiya pulled her pants out of the Pokemon’s grip and continued onward.

The living room was lit only by the pouring through an opened window, but it was enough. Aiya’s heart skipped several beats, her body began shaking, and a moment later she let out a strangled scream, throwing herself to the ground and pawing desperately at her sister’s still form.

The carpet was damp and the smell Aiya had detected was so strong it was almost suffocating, but none of that registered to her. The only thing she knew was that her heart was being torn from her body with hot tongs. Lying in front of her were her mother, her father, and her sister, all soaked in scarlet blood.

Her father was lying face down next to her mother, slightly in front of her with his arms twisted oddly. He had tried to protect her. Her mother was beside her, one arm over his back, the other behind her. Her sister was nearest to the door, apparently she had tried to flee. She was lying on her back, calm on her face. Her red eyes were no longer bright, but open and glassy. Aiya knelt beside her, hot tears falling from her eyes.

“T-Tya,” she choked, shaking her sister, “T-Tya, please, you have to get up. We’re going on an adventure together. You promised…I promised…Tya, p-please…”

“Snea…” Core stood beside her, looking miserable and helpless.

A shadow fell across the room but neither Aiya nor Core looked up. For a while there was silence, broken only by Aiya’s sobs and the ragged breathing of whoever else was in the room. Then the shadow moved and someone knelt beside her. He didn’t speak, but he took her arm and attempted to make her rise. Aiya was too numb to do anything but stare into her sister’s clouded eyes.

“Aiya,” said Geoff’s choked voice, “come on,” again he tried to get her to stand up, but she couldn’t move.

“We promised each other,” she said in a barely audible voice, “and we promised Mom and Dad. We’d be the greatest trainer team ever, we’d see the world together, we promised…”

“I know, Aiya, but there’s nothing that can be done now. Come on.”

Aiya turned her tear streaked face towards him. Geoff’s eyes were shining with tears he couldn’t hold back much longer. His face held no expression and his voice was numb. He swallowed hard and shook slightly as he looked at her. She turned and stared down at her sister’s calm face once more. She leaned forward and gently closed her eyes. Then she mouthed the words she would later wish she had said that morning and got unsteadily to her feet. Geoff held her as she began to walk, half carrying her out of the house.

The bright light from the day outside surprised her. She couldn’t understand how the sun could still be shining or why the sky hadn’t turned black. Nothing registered with her, she couldn’t take anything in. She was only dimly aware of Geoff supporting her and of Core holding onto her pant’s leg as they walked. She didn’t care where they were going or how long it took to get there, her heart and mind were too numb for her to care about anything at the moment.

~~~~

When her mind finally cleared she found herself in the southern part of the city. She wasn’t sure how she had gotten there, but she knew she didn’t want to stay. Her eyes flicked left and right and a lump rose in her throat. Then she broke, pulling away from the force holding her and running, tears streaming in the air behind her. Someone shouted her name but she didn’t respond.

How long she ran or where she ran to, she had no idea. All she knew was that she was utterly exhausted, both physically and mentally, and that she had to sleep. She slumped against the rough bark of a tree and closed her eyes. The last thing she felt before she fell asleep was something small and warm press itself against her chest.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

I've had the final chapter of this story finished for ages but didn't get around to posting it. The second to last part (separated by the ~~~~) was added after the story was completed. I originally wanted to put it in an Epilogue but that would have meant scooting the last part into the Epilogue as well and I didn't want to do that. It doesn't really fit into the story but I really wanted to put something to do with revenge in here and I couldn't find any other place for it. Also, the title of this chapter will probably be changed if I can think of something more fitting.

Chapter 4: Rocket Red

When Aiya awoke the next morning she couldn’t figure out where she was or how she had gotten there. Her eyes were gritty and her heart felt heavy yet empty. For a moment she couldn’t understand why, then it hit her. She sat up, her eyes wide in the bright light of the room she was in. Blinded by the sudden change from dark to light, she couldn’t see where she was which only made her feel worse. Slowly things began to come into focus.

The blurred image of a room formed as she turned her head left and right, trying to make out details. She was sitting in a soft bed not unlike the one she had at home. For a moment she felt a ray of hope pass through her mind. Maybe it wasn’t real, maybe it was a dream! But the thought faded as she saw that the room she was in was nothing like her own. The walls were grey and bare save for the blueprints of what appeared to be a Pokeball tacked to the far wall.

The only furniture in the room apart from the bed was a tiny nightstand with an equally small alarm clock sitting atop it and a stand that looked rather like a bird perch with a flat top that held a speaker of some sort.

Everything in the room was still blurred which drew Aiya’s attention to a discomfort in her eyes. She raised both hands to eyes and realized that all the grit lodged in them was obscuring her vision and causing the irritation. Once she had rubbed it all out her vision became blurry again as tears distorted the room. She bent down and pulled her knees up to her chest, realizing as she did so that Core was asleep at the foot of her bed.

It wasn’t so much a bed as a cot, and as she moved she discovered that it was not as comfortable as she had first thought. She didn’t care though, and proceeded to cry into the thin blanket covering her knees. Core, woken by her movement, inched his way towards her and rubbed his face against her arm. Her tears increased but she lifted her head and through her arms around the Pokemon’s small form.

The sound of the door opening and approaching footsteps made Aiya let go of Core and look up. Geoff closed the door behind him and gave a forced smile as he looked at his sister. “Hey, Aiya, how are you feeling?”

Aiya merely shrugged, not being able to think of anything to say.

Geoff walked over and sat down on the bed next to her. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here when you woke up. I didn’t mean to leave you in the lurch like that.”

Aiya gave another shrug then spoke in a hoarse voice, “Where are we?”

Geoff looked away from her, a grave expression clouding his face. “You’d rather not know at the moment. I’ll tell you after I’ve worked a few things out.”

Aiya blinked in confusion. “Where are we, Geoff?” she asked again, some of the roughness fading from her voice.

“I’ll tell you later.”

Core moved to stand in front of him. He looked Geoff in the eyes and growled in a menacing way. His meaning could not have been clearer.

Geoff sighed heavily and said, “We…we’re in a base…Team Rocket’s base. This is my room.”

Too much had happened too fast in Aiya’s life. This final shock caused her vision to blur again, this time from the fact that she was about to pass out. Geoff reached over and caught her with a stricken look on his face. Aiya pushed him away and stumbled out of the bed.

“Aiya,” he said softly, “it’s not as bad as you think.”

“Get away from me, Geoff, just get away.” A fresh wave of tears spilled down her face but she wiped a hand across her eyes to stem them.

“Where will you go, Aiya? You’re ten years old.”

“I’m a Pokemon trainer!” Her voice rose without her realizing it. “I’m certified by the Pokemon League to begin my journey. That’s where I’ll go! I’ll fulfill mine and Tya’s dream of becoming a Pokemon Champion. I’ll leave Johto, I’ll win money from battles, I’ll…I’ll,” she took a deep, shuddering breath and closed her eyes, fighting against the sob of misery welling up within her. “I’ll…” Core pressed himself against her leg, a sad little cry escaping his lips.

Aiya collapsed to her knees, holding her Pokemon close. Who was she kidding? She’d never make it on her own. Trainers traveled the world raising powerful Pokemon and competing against the toughest of trainers, but they always had some place to go home to, someone waiting for them to return. She didn’t, not any more. Core wasn’t enough to keep her going. She had no money and no one to give her a starting allowance. Her mother and father had planned on giving Tya and herself enough money and supplies to last them until they were strong enough to start beating other trainers.

That wasn’t going to happen now. Without money or supplies she’d never make it through the forest. It was at this moment, right before she opened her eyes to look dejectedly up at her brother, that Aiya’s heart began to close. In a low, defeated whisper that was barely audible, she asked, “Will they let me join, too?”

~~~~

Aiya was accepted into the Rocket ranks two days after her arrival at the base. Her training began immediately. Being so young she was given little respect by her instructors and little care by the other members. From the start she put all her efforts into learning everything Team Rocket had to teach her. She loathed the organization but her motivation was the most powerful kind. This motivation kept her going through all hardships and forced her to push everything else aside. It quickened the closing of her heart and made her numb to emotion and pain.

Her family’s murder haunted her dreams and thoughts and the knowledge of the life she had lost was ever present. Her only goal was to grow powerful, to become an elite, and later on, to help her brother reach the position of leader. She asked nothing of the Rockets but food and shelter, which they provided. She never complained, she never slacked off, and she never spoke to anyone expect her Pokemon about why she was working so hard.

Someone out there was responsible for the death of her parents and sister, someone was responsible for taking away the life she had hoped for so long to lead. Whoever they were, wherever they were, whatever their reasons for doing what they did, she wanted revenge.

~~~~

The forest was dark and eerily quiet as the young trainer wound his way carefully through the trees. His green eyes were half closed from exhaustion but he really wanted to reach the next town before day break. Forests made him uneasy and he liked the comfort of four walls and a comfy bed to support him during the night.

A crack from somewhere to his right made him pause. He turned his head, his eyes straining against the darkness. He wished he’d packed a flashlight or taught one of his three Pokemon how to use Flash. He began to relax, however, as there appeared to be no sign of movement and no further sounds disturbed him.

He started walking again, softly humming the tune to a song who’s title eluded him at the moment. He frowned, trying to remember what it was called. Little things like that always annoyed him and it gave him something to think about as he traveled.

Suddenly, from nowhere, a dark figure hit him. He fell to the ground, screams of panic escaping him. His breathing was harsh and ragged and his side hurt from where it had struck a root. His eyes darted left and right, trying to locate the thing that had hit him. He became aware of an odd sensation around his waste. He reached down and choked as he realized the Pokeballs usually attached to his belt were missing.

A squeak of horror escaped him and he tried to stand up but tripped over his own feet and fell to the ground again. A rustling in the trees above him attracted his attention. A small beam of moonlight partially illuminated the figures perched there. One was a person, female from what he could tell. The other was a Pokemon with deadly looking claws, standing on the branch beside her. The moonlight gave no distinguishing features away, but it did show her eyes. They were a deep, cold, crimson.

Fear flooded him. He felt his heard beating wildly as he stared into the girl’s horrible red eyes. Her expression held no pity, no compassion, and the powerful creature next to her showed only a cruel smile. “What are you?” he whispered, his voice cracked with terror.

A low voice, cold enough to chill the bone, answered, “A Nightmare.”

End Note: I know that there are many ways in which Aiya could have gotten money and supplies for her journey (Professor Elm, Nurse Joy, child services, even a loan from a friend) but at her age and in her frame of mind, I doubt she would have thought of any of those things and by the time she did it would have been too late.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but I just have to say one thing: Your stories never cease to amaze me. You have such a talent for writing. Your style seems so professional. ;D

Loved it! Great prequel.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Spider in a Flower Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spider in a Flower Send a message via MSN to Spider in a Flower
Talking Re: An Innocent's Revenge

Wow, this knocks the hell out of anything I've ever written. Your a natural at this Sui. And Sceptile, dont fry this one like you did my old "Trials" story lol.

A Seed from the Ashes
Old 03-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Thanks to both of you. I didn't think this was going to be getting any more comments. ^^;

Anyway, it's not really that good. Very short, actually, but I did put effort into the description this time.