Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Inferno Island

The Stones of Power
Part One:

Inferno Island Part 1
Chapter One: Blaine's Request

By Leman

This story is using the same characters as my other two. Yes, my Zubat is a Crobat, my Mareep is a Flaffy, Wartortle is a Blastoise, Tailow is a Swellow, and my Vibrava is a Flygon now. The bolded an Italics is a flashback

About a month after I had successfully caught all four of the Pokemon that had been enslaved by Anyunkoko, I had finally returned home. In a museum, Tongo and I found a Pokemon salesman, and we each bought ourselves a new Pokemon. I had received a powerful, mischievous Vibrava, who spent his time trying to get the most food and attention. In battle, however, he was as lazy as a Slaking. He only fought if he lost a bite to eat. No wonder that man had sold him.

Tongo bought an extremely timid Venonat. It was a purple, furry, bug, with gigantic, red eyes. He, like Vibrava, would not battle. When outside of his Pokeball, Venonat cowered behind Tongo’s legs and was frightened by everything. Its purple fur was standing on end, all the time. Tongo thought he was quite funny.

I had spent time with Professor Oak, and had a quick battle with the gym leader of Pewter City, and earned a badge. Dratini managed pull out a win, with its powerful dragon attacks, and evolved. I had also received a Thunderstone from a nice miner, and Tongo received a Spirit Stone. The Thunderstone was translucent, and yellow with steak of lightning going down the middle. The Spirit Stone, however, to me, looked like an ordinary rock. Since then, Tongo had returned to his island, to find Exeggutor completely unharmed.

I had been back at Cinnabar nearly an hour, now and was now in my apartment, lying on my soft bead, with six Pokeballs still on my belt. I was glad to be home.

After about an hour of doing nothing, I sat up and scanned the room. I saw that three small, red and white balls lying on the table.

That’s funny, I thought, I didn’t put any Pokeballs on the table. I wonder how they got there.

Then I remembered something Professor Oak had said:

All the Pokemon here belong to Trainers, who sent them over, after they got six. I wonder which pokemon you will send over to me

Professor Oak must have brought them here for me. I had told him that it would be better if my Pokemon just teleported to my house. I made a mental note to thank him.

I picked them up, and let the pokemon that were in them, out. There was a great flash of brilliant white light, and three Pokemon stood in front of me.

One was my Eevee, who was bursting with energy. She immediately started to run around the room aimlessly; running into walls, every now and again. One of the other two was Mareep, the yellow, electrical sheep. She did not look like much, but in here fleece she stored many volts of powerful electricity, that she could unleash at any moment. Now she was watching Eevee race around the room at top speed. The third was Tailow. The tiny little bird was chirping hungrily, so I tossed her a small blue Pokeblock. She stopped chirping and ate it.

I grabbed Eevee, before she could cause any more damage to the house, and pulled the Thunderstone out of my pocket, and set them both on the bed. Eevee looked intrigued by the stone, and came close to it. She sniffed and put her foot on it. Instantly, she glowed, grew, and changed. She became spiky and doubled in size. When the light faded, a Jolteon was standing where Eevee had been.

Jolteon was taller, yellow, and her hairs were spiky. Mareep and Tailow gazed in awe at Jolteon. I smiled and hugged her. Luckily she did not shock me.

At that moment the phone rang. I put Jolteon down, and walked across the room. I picked up the receiver and a familiar voice came through from the other end.

It said, “Leman, is that you?”

“Yes,” I said, unsure of who was on the other end.

“This is Eizen,“ he said, “Blaine wants you to come down to the gym right now. Someone called ‘Tongo’ is here. Blaine says he needs to speak with you two.”

He hung up.

“That was weird,” I said to my Pokemon, “Eizen never calls me. Come on, Jolteon.”

I took out two Pokeballs, and both, Mareep and Tailow, disappeared inside them, accompanied by some red light. I dropped both of them on the table, as well as two others. Those contained Zubat and Ariados.

I walked out of my apartment and across the street. The gym was four blocks away, so I would be there in no time. I was wondering about why Blaine had called me over there, and why he needed Tongo.

Maybe it was for a gym battle! I thought, Or, maybe more Dark Magic had sprung up.

Dark Magic was a set of ancient spells used to revive ancient Pokemon by draining some energy sources, usually Pokemon. Anyunkoko believed in this magic, but Tongo and I were skeptical.

Jolteon had been hoping beside me. She was enjoying the walk, easily keeping up with me. She looked proud, and showed of her new powers by letting a jolt or two of electrical energy away from her body.

I had reached the gym, in no less than five minutes. Old Eizen and Tongo were waiting outside for me.

“Hello, Leman,” said Tongo.

His Swellow was perched on his shoulder. He smiled, and we hi-fived. Eizen ushered us into the gym.

The gym was situated inside of a volcano. It was inactive now, and I hoped it stayed that way. Inside, many fiery Pokemon were battling. There were mostly Growlithe and Charmeleon. Charmeleon was a large red lizard, with fire on its tail. Its powerful claws could easily slash through the hide of an enemy Pokemon. He evolved into the powerful orange Charizard. Growlithe was a small dog, no bigger than a standard microwave oven. It was orange, and ran around quickly. Hot embers eventually shot out of their mouths, singing their opponents.

We eventually reached a room that was significantly different than the others that we had passed. The others were normal coliseum rooms. This one was the same, except it had a river of lava flowing around the outside, and it was much hotter. There were bridges leading into the arena.

Jolteon and Swellow curiously looked over the lava, pondering what it was in their own Pokemon language. Jolteon put her paw in it and burned herself. She licked her foot, and Swellow flew on to Tongo. The bird wanted to be as far away from that stuff as possible.

A bald man walked over to us and chuckled.

“Your Jolteon is a curious little Pokemon,” he said, “ I am Blaine, welcome to the Cinnabar Gym. I have called you two over, to help me out in a place called Inferno Island.”

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Last edited by Leman; 04-11-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Leman Offline

Default Re: Inferno Island

Inferno Island Part 1
Chapter 2: Inferno Island

By Leman

“What is Inferno Island?” asked Tongo.

“It is an island, that is inhabited by only fire Pokemon. You wont see any Swellow, or Jolteon, there. There is a large volcanic crater in the center, which continually spews out red-hot lava, which steadily flows into the water. On the other side of the island, there is a small town that is a little bit like Cinnabar. The towns people, seek my help, but I cannot help them,” replied Blaine.

“Where do we come in?” I asked.

“I will show you,” said Blaine.

The docks were on the other side of Cinnabar. There was a yellow speedboat waiting for us in the water. It was floating there, bobbing up and down in the cool crisp water. Inside, the boa was sort of cramped. Blaine sat in the captain’s chair, and we sat in the back.

Jolteon was leaning over the side, swatting at some fish with her paw. Swellow looked over and watched her. The fish must not have gone away, because Swellow jumped up swiftly, and pelted down on top of it with a splash. She came up with a small and ugly looking fish. It was large and brown, with blue fins. She dropped it down on Tongo’s lap and he laughed.

“A fishy? For me? Thank you,” he said.

The fish flopped around pointlessly. Swellow looked quite pleased with herself. Jolteon leapt onto my lap.

Blaine turned around; his baldhead glistened in the sunlight. He saw the brown fish flopping in Tongo’s lap.

“Ahhh, Feebas. It’s sort of like Gyarados, if you think about it. It is a pretty poor Pokemon at first glance, and second glance but eventually becomes a powerful Milotic,” he said.

“Milotic is a powerful Pokemon to have,” said Tongo.

He pulled out a Pokeball and Feebas disappeared inside of it, with a flash of red light. Swellow took the place of the flopping fish.

Blaine suddenly pulled a lever towards him, and the engine of the boat sprang to life, and it jumped. Water spewed up from behind the boat and we flew of into the ocean at high speeds.

The trip was far from peaceful. The engine was roaring throughout the entire ride, and both Swellow and Jolteon were screeching, because of the loud noise. Blaine, on the other hand seemed to be enjoying the constant blast of noise from the engine, as though it was music.

The island took a good fifteen minutes to reach. As soon as we got there, both Tongo and I realized why it had received the name ”Inferno Island”, though not at first glance.

It was exactly as Blaine described. There was a large grassy field, covered with Ninetales and Rapidash grazing. There were Flareon and Quilava resting around the other Pokemon. On the horizon there was a great volcano, spewing out molten lava that slowly drifted down the sides of the mountain, spewing into a crater off to the side. We walked along, and up a slope, and found several pools of burning lava. The heat was radiating off of the pools, on to our faces. Blaine seemed to be enjoying this. Several Marcargo and Camerupt were enjoying the heat.

Blaine whistled loudly, and waited, as if something was supposed to happen. Something did. There was a large bang, a roar, and red-hot lava flew into the air from one of the lava pools, covering the fire Pokemon that surrounded it. They thoroughly enjoyed being drenched and cheered loudly. Jolteon darted behind my legs, and glanced at its paw, that had been burnt back at the gym.

A red humanoid Pokemon stood on the ground. It was a good six feet tall, and had fiery patterns covering its feet. Instead of hands, it had three fingered claws, which resembled a bird’s foot. The front part of its red face jutted outward and reminded me of a beak. This Pokemon looked strangely familiar; I had seen it somewhere before, but I could not remember where.

“Hullo, Blaziken,” said the Gym Leader, ”This is Leman, and this is Tongo.” He pointed to us.

Blaziken! I thought, I remember now. One of Anyunkoko’s goons had one of these guys.

The six of us continued on, into a small village. It looked like a regular village, with shops, stalls, homes, and hospitals. There was nobody out side though, just one lone Flareon. That was all we saw through the entire trek through the village. It had his head up, and ears up; listening for something.

Blaine led us through the village, and we stopped at a small one-story house. Throughout the entire walk Blaziken looked shifty, and was constantly on the lookout. Jolteon must have sensed something also. Instead of being playful and curious, she looked frightened and alert. Her ears and spikes stood straight up. Swellow kept flying up, circling in the air, and coming back down on Tongo’s shoulder. Something was wrong here.

We walked up, and knocked on the door. An elderly man answered the door, and ushered us inside. Though the houses looked completely modern from the outside, no electricity was used. Only fire power.

The elderly man greeted us, “Blaine," he said once the door was closed,"How good of you to come. And you brought help. Good. Good.” He spoke in whispers, as though he did not want someone to hear him. A Quilava circled around his feet.

“Hello Enialb. This is Leman and Tongo. I need to explain to them what is going on,” said Blaine.

“Please do,” said Enialb, “And please have a seat.”

“Thank you,” said Blaine as we sat down. “Do you too remember Anyunkoko?”

“Of course we do,” said Tongo quickly.

“Well, he is here,” said Blaine.

I gasped

“I don’t know why, or what he has planned, but he is here. He has done something to the local Houndour and Growlithe. He has turned them evil!”

I gasped again. We heard a quick pitter-patter coming from the back of the house, and Enialb went to investigate. He hobbled slowly, and Quilava followed. The noise steadily grew louder as Blaine continues to explain what was happening.

“They have made regular attacks on the town. The Pokemon can sense their presence. That is why they are all so alert. The pack is lead by a particularly ferocious Houndour and a fierce Arcanine. I think that belongs to Anyunkoko, himself. He rides on it. The Charmeleon are also becoming more hostile. I need you two to help deal with this,” explained Blaine.

The old man and his Quilava returned. Flames had appeared on it's back. It roared and ran outside. There was a look of pure terror on his face.

He slowly whispered, ”They are here!”

Last edited by Leman; 02-17-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Leman Offline

Inferno Island Part 1
Chapter 3: Dogfight

By Leman

The noise became louder and started to sound like feet, feet that were racing towards us. The Flareon we had seen earlier and Enialb’s Quilava were standing outside, ready to face whatever was racing towards us.

We ran out side and saw what was making that noise. I was horde of Growlithe and Houndour, ready to devour all of us. Then, suddenly, they stopped at the edge of the town.

The Houndour had black bodies, lined with skull and bones that were sticking out. Its mouth and feet were blood red. Its white fangs were razor sharp, and so were their claws, that were sticking out of their feet. Its stubby little tail was perked up and their ears were laid back.

The Growlithe, on the other hand were larger, and orange and black in color. The black was painted across their back in stripes, over the rest of its body.

All one hundred of them were snarling menacingly.

Blaziken’s wrists started to spew out fire. Jolteon’s spiked let loose deadly volts of electricity into the air. Swellow flew up in the air and circled above us. Tongo let Gyarados out of the Pokeball, and the giant blue water snake materialized next to the other Pokemon. It roared ferociously. I followed suite by releasing my blue Wartortle, who appeared by Jolteon.

A Houndour was standing on a small rock that was jutting out from the ground. It stared at our Pokemon and us. Then, he threw his head back and howled. The orange Growlithe and the black Houndour charged at us.

The battle started quickly. By the time I blinked, all of the Pokemon were upon us. Blaziken was using his fiery feet and bird-like claws to punch and kick away all of the Houndour. He sent them sailing. Whenever one of these dog-like Pokemon was hit, the turned and ran into the distance.

Blaziken was doing well, until and Arcanine appeared. It threw its weight onto the fighting Pokemon, and smashed it to the ground, clawing at its face. Blaziken threw it off with a swift kick into Arcanine’s stomach. The fighting Pokemon got up, only to be hit from behind by a large beak.

Blaziken fell to the ground, and was quickly trampled by a pack of Houndour who had overpowered the Flareon and were racing towards Jolteon. Blaine drew Blaziken back into a Pokeball.

“Hahaha!” said the bird who hit Blaziken, ”So, Leman. We meet again.”

I looked up and saw the bird. It was a large Fearow soaring above the battle. Riding on top it was Anyunkoko.

Fearow was large and brown, with a gigantic beak. It had huge wingspan; at least seven feet long. It soared above us all effortlessly, and eventually swooping down, attack a Pokemon bellow.

Anyunkoko was wearing a long black coat. All that could be seen of him were his long bony fingers.

They soared down again and smashed into Gyarados. The gigantic water behemoth roared as the large beak sank into his tough scales. Blood squirted out, and Tongo yelled in surprise. He quickly grabbed a Pokeball and Gyarados was sucked up back into it.

On the other side of the field, and group of Growlithe left a bloody Quilava lying in the dirt. Enialb ran over and picked up the wounded Pokemon. The Houndour who had howled growled at him. Enialb started to run and he chased.

Swellow saw Enialb fleeing from the Houndour. She dived at the ferocious dog, and Fearow stopped right in front of her. The giant bird jabbed its beak at Swellow, who desperately tried to dodge the hit, by flying around, and around in circles.

“Jolteon, Thunder!” I yelled.

Yellow electrical energy soar into the sky as fast as lightning, and struck the giant bird Pokemon and Anyunkoko. They hung there, with yellow electrical energy coursing through their bodies.

As the electricity faded, Fearow fell to the ground kicking up dust. Anyunkoko got up bruised and battered. Fearow disappeared in a flash of red light and he whistled. Arcanine ran up to him and he leapt on, and then the firedog raced off into the distance.

Anyunkoko yelled, “This accomplishes nothing, Leman. Nothing!”

Jolteon returned to the battle, fending off Houndour and Growlithe with powerful volts of electricity, and Swellow raced toward the Houndour that was chasing Enialb.

Enialb had barricaded himself inside of his house. Houndour was smashing on the door with its claws, when Swellow crashed into its back. Houndour was thrust into the ground; while Swellow turned around, ready to strike again. Houndour recovered quickly, and, as if he had not been hit, leapt up and let loose a powerful stream of fire. The fire covered Swellow’s body, burning her delicate feathers, and turning her beak black. Tongo, who could not bear to see Swellow incinerated, recalled her back into the Pokeball.

Meanwhile, Jolteon’s attacks were failing four jaws had clamped around her body. She howled in pain. I glance over to my left and saw Wartortle. He was easily keeping the fire Pokemon at bay with his constant jets of water.

On the right of me, Jolteon collapsed and more Houndour charged over towards Wartortle. One Houndour was still banging on Enialb’s door. Wartortle would be taken down any minute.

“ Tongo, help me out here!” I said desperately.

“Sure,” he said, “Go Venonat!”

The purple bug bounced out of the Pokeball. Its large red eyes scanned its surroundings. As soon as it spotted its shadow, it screamed and hid behind Tongo’s legs. He recalled it and I sighed. Then I had an idea.

I yelled, “Wartortle, Hydro Pump!”

Wartortle pulled its arms, head, legs, and tail into its shell, and jumped up into the air, spinning around, and around. It started to blast out water from every one of the holes on its shell. The water flew out and drenched all of the Houndours and Growlithe in sight. They turned and ran off, with their tails in-between their legs.

Wartortle land softly, next to a wounded, unconscious Jolteon. I picked her up and recalled her into the ball. Then I turned to my turtle and hugged him.

“You did it!” I exclaimed, “Great job! Wooohooo! Blaine, your problem's solved.”

”No it isn’t,” he said, “Look over there.” He pointed to Enialb’s house.

The Houndour that attacked Enialb was standing there, snarling menacingly. It faced Wartortle, with an evil look in his eye. He charged at Wartortle, showing off all of his fangs.

“Mega Punch,” I called out to him.

Wartortle stepped back, and rammed his fist into Houndour’s face. The dog howled and clamped onto Wartortle’s arm.

Blaine whispered into my ear, "We can finish this if you listen to me. Catch it.”

“What?” I said, “I don’t want to catch that. He’s evil.”

“So, you must. If you don’t this will never finish this! Anyunkoko will carry out his plans, and that could be disastrous. He might be trying to create an Entei, Moltres, or Groudon. He could wreak havoc across all of Kanto!” said Blaine.

I understood what was going on, and knew the importance of this.

“Fine,” I said, “I’ll catch that thing.”

“Good,” he replied.

All this time Wartortle had been trying to get the Houndour off of his arm. Houndour had finally been thrust of, and then retaliated with a stream of scorching hot flames.

“Water Gun, Wartortle,” I ordered.

The flames stopped burning Wartortle, and he was not seriously injured. Houndour charged at him, and slashed at him with a couple quick swipes of his paw. Wartortle stepped back to get away from the attacks, and stepped on a rock. Wartortle fell on his back. Houndour opened his mouth to give Wartortle a fatal blast of fire, when Wartortle sent out a large stream of water straight at Houndour’s face. The evil dog was sent spiraling up into the air, and came back down with a thud in the dirt. He lay there motionless for a few seconds, and then stagered back to his feet.

Houndour looked as though he was in much pain, but he could still fight. Then he disappeared. Wartortle blinked, and spun around, trying to figure out where the fiery Pokemon had gone. Then Houndour appeared behind Wartortle, with a purple aura coming out of his body. Houndour lunged on Wartortle, throwing his shoulder into his shell. Wartortle was thrown to the floor.

Houndour circled around Wartortle, wait for the perfect moment to strike, and regaining its breath. Wartortle had rolled onto its back, and was watching the dog closely. Suddenly it stopped, opened its mouth, and searing flames poured out of its mouth. They raced toward Wartortle, and braced himself.

“Protect!” I yelled at the last second.

Wartortle rolled over, and his round, dull, brown shell, turned a bright, shiny silver color. The flames just bounced off. The flames stopped coming, but instead Houndour leapt up on Wartortle, and was deflected by Wartortle’s shell and landed on its side. I got up slowly, and became more cautious.

“Hurl dirt at it and give it a Mega Punch,” I called out to Wartortle.

Wartortle picked up a handful of dirt, and lobbed it at Houndours face. Houndour clamped its eyes shut, as the dirt blinded him. Then Wartortle’s first crashed into Houndour’s face, and he fell. Houndour laid there motionless

“Do it,” said Blaine.

I pulled out a Pokeball, and reluctantly threw it at the dog. It engulfed the small little Pokemon and wiggled. I found myself crossing my figures, hoping that I hadn’t caught it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want this to be caught, even though I don’t in the story. This isn’t the end of the “Inferno Island” Story. It continues.
Houndour = 10-20k
Total since publication of last chapter = 17k
Total since publication of last chapter w/spaces = 21 k

Last edited by Leman; 02-17-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Storyline:
Inferno Island. Interesting idea for wild fire Pokemon.

Detail:
There weren’t a lot of specific details in the overall story. It was okay, but I think you could have done better. Especially in the battle, that’s where it hurt the most.

Grammar:

Quote:
I made a mental note to thank him
Quote:
This one was the same, except it had a river of lava flowing around the outside, and it was much hotter.
Hotter isn’t really a word. Use “More hot” or “warmer”.
Quote:
The front part of its read face
read=red
Quote:
“Blaine, he said once the door was closed. How good of you to come.
Missed quotations.
Quote:
“Well, he is here,” said Blaine.
Well is an introductory phrase here, you need a comma after it.
Quote:
Anyunkoko got up bruised a battered.
a=and

Battle:
The battle was a little short. Details would have really helped out in describing it and the surroundings. Houndour’s battle was too short; there weren’t enough attacks against it.

Reality:
Blaine talks in riddles a lot, maybe you should have incorporated that. Just a suggestion.

Tips:
More description of the surroundings and attacks. The battle for the Pokemon needs to be longer too. Add on a nice battle against Houndour.

Outcome- Houndour Not Captured!

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Leman Offline

Thank you for the grade. There is a reason he isn't talking in riddles.

Edit:This is ready for a regrade.

Last edited by Leman; 02-18-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

It's better. You still need improvement in writing longer battles against the Pokemon you want to catch. This grade is based most only the storyline, and hoping that you improve on the next one.

Outcome- Houndour Captured!

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
It's better. You still need improvement in writing longer battles against the Pokemon you want to catch. This grade is based most only the storyline, and hoping that you improve on the next one.

Outcome- Houndour Captured!

~Jack~
Thank You very much. I will expand on my battles more.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Leman Offline

Inferno Island Part 2
Chapter 4: In the Pokemoncenter

by Leman

Ready For Grading!

The Pokeball stopped wiggling, and light on the button faded. There was a long beep, and I walked over to it a picked it up. I stared at it for a minute.

What am I going to do with this? I thought, I don’t want an evil Pokemon.

I handed the Pokeball to Blaine.

“I don’t want this,” I told him.

“Well, you must take it,” he answered, and he pushed my hand back.

“Well, I don’t want him,” I said.

“Take it!” he hissed.

His eyes flashed red, and a small, skinny forked tongue slipped out of his mouth, and then quickly slipped back inside. His voice became snakelike, and almost evil sounding. I rubbed my eyes, hoping that this was a figment of my imagination. Blaine’s horrible face turned back to normal.

“You must. I must tend to my Blaziken,” he said, “There is a Pokemon Center down the road.”

Blaine turned and walked into Enialb’s house.

I turned and strolled over to Tongo.

“Did you see his face?” he said, “It looked sort of like a serpent!”

“Yeah, this fiery environment has probably messed up our eyes,” I said, still hoping that I was hallucinating .

We walked down the path, passing lots of houses. All of the houses were made of brick, and none of them looked modern. All of them were one story, the windows were in the exact same place, and they had the same yard. The entire town was so monotonous that it was creepy. It wasn’t as quiet as when we reached here, there was some rustling inside the houses, and some people and their Pokemon had ventured outside.

When we reached the large, brick Pokemon center, we stepped off of the dirt road, and onto the brick patio, and then into the large building itself.

Inside the building was a lot more modern than the outside. It was large open, bright and shiny. The entire interior was made of stainless steel, and all the light reflected off of the shiny floor. In the center of the room there was a large counter, with many people sitting behind it, taking Pokemon and handing them to Chansey, so the fat pink Pokemon could take them to their rooms.

We walked up to one of the girls behind the counter. She had long blonde hair that was tied up in a ponytail and a pair of black spectacles. She was wearing a red t-shirt and a pair of long blue jeans. She looked about 17, a year older than me. We each placed two Pokeballs on the yellow counter.

“Hi,” I said, “We need these Pokemon to be looked at please.”

“No problem,” she said with a smile. She had a warm comforting voice.

Suddenly, at that moment, Tongo’s fury little bug popped out of his Pokeball, and hopped around happily. I picked the little bug up and put him on the table.

“I think this little guy needs a look at too. There’s something wrong with his head,” I said.

When Venonat saw the girl, he screamed, and cowered. She had terrified him.

The girl giggled. “Sure thing,” she said. She turned to the bug. “You’re a funny little guy, aren’t you?”

Tongo recalled his Venonat, and handed its Pokeball to the receptionist.

“Its getting late,” said the girl, glancing out of a window on the opposite side of the large room. “Do you two boys need a place to stay?”

“That would be nice,” replied Tongo.

She put a small piece of plastic on the counter that looked like a credit card. Then she picked up the Pokeballs and handed them to a Chansey that was behind her.

“I’m Nina by the way. Here’s your room key. You’re in room 636,” said Nina.

“Thank You. I’m Leman and this is Tongo,” I replied.

We turned to leave, and Tongo waved to her. I rolled my eyes.

We quickly found the hallway marked 600-650. The hallways were covered with the same shiny tiles as the rest of the center. Our room was the seventh one on the left, because they started with 650. The walls in our room were covered in yellow paint and the floors had a light green carpet as well as a bunk bed in the corner of the room.

When the door opened, I quickly ran in and chucked a Pokeball on the top bunk.

Simultaneously, I shouted, “I call the top bunk!”

My long blue dragon Pokemon had saved my spot, as I raced into the bathroom to take a shower. Tongo chuckled.

The bathroom had the same tile on the floor, a large white tub, and a sink. I took al ong shower, and kept thinking about what Blaine had said. Why must I have this evil Houndour? Why not Tongo or himself? I got earlier than I wanted to, but that stupid dog had ruined the shower. Tongo and I switched spots after I had come out, completely dressed.

Dragonair was sleeping on top of the bed. I climbed up and sat next to her, and scanned the room. There was no TV, or any other piece of furniture other than the beds and one chair in the corner. The recent raids must have cut down their income.

There was a loud knock coming from the small wooden door. I heard the shower turn off, as Tongo prepared to come out in order to meet the guest. Dragonair had awoken, and she slithered down the bedpost. I jumped off the bed, and answered the door with Dragonair at my feet.

When I opened the door, I saw Nina standing there.

“Hi,” I said, “What brings you here? Did you miss me?”

She laughed. “Actually Leman, there is someone here, who wantd to know which room you were in.”

Nina stepped back to bring Blaine into view.

“Hey Leman,” he said, “May I come in?”

“Sure,” I said. I stepped out of the way so Blaine could walk in.

Nina lowered her voice to whisper, and said, “I also brought you some chocolates.” She handed them to me, smiled, and strolled down the hall.

I closed the door, and knocked on the bathroom door. “Blaine is here,” I called.

Blaine had settled into the chair and Dragonair had hoisted herself onto Tongo’s bed. I sat down and said, “What’s up?”

I sounded casual, but I was tenser than ever then. I didn’t want his face to be mangled again.

“I brought Blaziken and Enialb’s Quilava over here. That girl seemed to remember you, so I asked here to take me to you. I must tell you things,” he replied.

Tongo came out of the shower, and sat down next to me.

“Hello Blaine,” he said.

“Hello Tongo,” said Blaine, “Those raids wont stop, just because you caught the Houndour. Anyunkoko’s Arcanine will lead them. They must be trying ton do something sinister. I know where their lair is. I’ll take you there tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? So soon?” I asked.

“Yes. That soon.” he said.

He got up and said, “Well, I must be off. Bye.”

Neither of us said anything as he walked to the door.

“The rest of the rooms are tile, by the way,” he said as he left.

I went to sleep early that night, but Tongo and his Beedrill were awake far longer.

Last edited by Leman; 03-30-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Leman Offline

Inferno Island Part 2
Chapter 5 The Dream

By Leman

Underlined and Italics is a dream.
I was standing in a barren wasteland It was dark as night, but I knew it should be day All the life seemed to be sucked out of the world. I heard someone rustle next to me. It was Tongo. Tongo threw a Pokball out in a spot that was particularly dark. Exeggutor materialized in that spot. There was another person with us; a girl, who looked strangely familiar, but I did not know who she was. She threw a Pokeball as well, and a large Pokemon appeared. I had never seen it before, and the sheer lack of light, and its purple color made it almost invisible.

Tongo’s lips started to move, but there was no sound that came out.

Exegutor put on a fierce look and attempted to fire an attack. It failed, and both Tongo, and Exeggutor looked puzzled. This world was still completely silent, as Tongo seemed to call out the attack again, and again. Then the sound came back to me, in the form of a cruel laugh.

Then a low voice, which sounded like an echo of a familiar voice, called out, ”Stupid boy! Solarbeam wont work here! This has become part of the dark zone! There is no sun!”

I found myself reaching for my belt and grabbing a Pokeball.I threw it and it landed next to the walking tree, and burst open. Kingdra sat in a part of this eternally black world that seemed to be water.

“Shadow Ball, Darkai!” said the cold voice.

Whatever Tongo was trying to attack must have been called a Darkai, and it must have been in the shadows, for a dark ball of energy was lobbed out from the darkness. The blob covered Kingdra entirely, making him disappear into the black surroundings.

“Draaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” screamed Kingdra.

The blob suddenly turned to a bluish color, lifted itself out of the water, and landed in front of me. The ball of dark energy, and Kingdra’s screams of pain ceased. I touched him, and he was ice cold.

The cold voice from above laughed. “You stupid water dragon is dead,” it said, “It has fallen to the wrath of Darkai!”

“Noooo!” I screamed.

Tears flooded down my face, as I looked at Kingdra. Its shiny blue skin was still shimmering brightly, even though there was no light. It had been my best friend, my closest companion. All of my memories that I had with it came back to me

As I sobbed, I slowly lifted my head, and saw the face of my best friend’s murderer. It was a monstrous Pokemon, I had a white head, and the side of Blastoise, and the rest was distorted by the shadows. I looked closer and saw a small speck of white hovering above the white of the monster’s head.

“You finally will have to submit to me!” said the evil voice,” The great, Anyiunkoko!”

I woke up suddenly, and sat up, sweating and gasping. I was still in my hotel room. It had been a dream that had seemed eerily real. I sat there, glanced at my clock. It was four o clock in the morning. I told myself that it was a dream and put my head back on the pillow.

Despite all of my efforts to tell myself that it was just a dream, two phrases kept popping into my head. The first one was the scream of Kingdra, the pain that that inspired.

The next phrase was, “You stupid water dragon is dead. It has fallen to the wrath of Darkai!” What was Darkai? I thought to myself. It must be evil, to turn the entire world dark. No ordinary Pokemon can do that. How could have Anyunkoko have gotten that? As I was pondering this I realized again that it was just a dream, that it was only figment of my imagination. I still thought that was for shadowing something.

Now it was six o clock, and I gave up sleeping and walked to the bathroom. I filled up the tub slowly and splashed water on my face to open up my eyes. While mind was wide-awake, my eyes were not.

When the tub had filled up, instead of going in the water, I threw a Pokeball in it. Kingdra materialized in the tub.

“Just making sure you’re okay, buddy,” I told my water dragon.

Kingdra looked puzzled and simply nodded, as I called him back into the Pokeball. I emptied the tub and walked back to my bed and sat on top of it. I sat there for an hour, still thinking about my dream, pondering over whether or not it was real or not.

After I got angry at myself for believing the dream I changed my clothes, and woke up Tongo. I told him the dream, and he thought it was just a dream, and proceeded to the bathroom.

After five minutes there was a loud knock at the door. I answered the door, and saw Nina, and Jolteon tagging along side her.

“Your Pokemon are all healed, Leman. And there was nothing wrong with that Venonat. Sorry,” she said, as she handed me the Pokeballs.

“Thank you,” I said.

Tongo walked out of the shower, and I handed him his Pokeballs.

“Thank you, Nina,” he said.

Nina replied, “You’re welcome, Leman and umm… Bongo.”

She turned to leave, as we heard the sound of footsteps. Nina screamed as a man shoved here into the room. The man happened to be Blaine.

“I told you I’d show you Anyunkoko’s lair,” he said as he put a card into the slot.

Jolteon buzzed with electricity as Blaine spoke.

“Well here you go!” he yelled.

The carpet floor opened up and all four of us screamed as we fell down the bottomless pit. Nina grabbed onto me, as Tongo yelled, “What are you doing, Blaine?”

The old man only laughed manically as we fell down into the dreaded darkness.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Leman Offline

Inferno Island Part 2
Chapter 6 The Cavern

By Leman

We landed on a cold, damp floor in a dark musty cave. I landed on my back, but the floor was muddy, so I was intact, but I was caked in brown mud. The landing stung a lot, but I tried to endure that. Nina was still holding onto my waist, and had land on top of me. The mud had splattered onto her miniskirt and tank top. Tongo’s usually vibrant clothes were now brown and dull, when he kanded face first into the mud.. The cave was dark up ahead, but the light from above illuminated the cavern we had landed in. Tongo stood up and released two Pokemon, after he was finished complaining about the mud.

His large, blue Gyarados, and the giddy, treelike Exeggutor materialized across from him..

“Oh my God!” exclaimed Nina, when she lay eyes upon the water behemoth.

“Gyarados, wash us off with Hydro pump, but don’t kill us, Exeggutor, dry us up with Solar Beam,” he said.

Gyarados let loose a large, steady stream of water at Tongo, which easily washed away all of the mud. Then, Exegutor, who had been charging his beam, unleashed it on Tongo, but just enough to dry up the water.

Gyarados turned to me and blasted out another jet of water, it was cool and refreshing. It was like a shower; only the water was blasting out twice as hard and was the right temperature. The water ceased, and Exeggutor’s beam struck my back. It felt more like a heat lamp, then an actual attack, and by the time he was done, I was completely dry.

Gyarados turned to Nina. She looked scared and hastily said, “No, No. Its okay. I’m fine. No need to clean me up. Hehehe…”

“Thanks Tongo!” I said enthusiastically. I was extremely glad to have been rid of all of that filth.

“Are you sure, you want to stay muddy, Nina?” asked Tongo.

“Yes I and sure Bongo,” she replied.

“Its Tongo,” I reminded her. Nina blushed and apologized, while Tongo recalled his Pokemon.

We continued down the long hallway, until it became pitch black. The scenery before that was monotonous. There were gray rocks; brown dirt; damp and musty atmosphere.

“Do you have any Pokemon, Nina?” I asked as we all stumbled through the darkness.

“Yeah,” She replied, “A Ninetales. That’s it.”

“Ninetales! Let it how out. It can light the way!” I said.

“Sure,” she said.

Suddenly there was a brilliant flash of white light. Nina must have thrown a Pokeball, that I did not see. The flash illuminated the surroundings, which were exactly the same as before and there were loud screeches from above, as a nest of bats flew from the light.

“Ember, Ninetales! Illuminate our path!” She called out to her Pokemon.

A flame appeared form the mouth of a large, white fox-like Pokemon that had many tails. Nina was standing next to the Pokemon, brushing the beautiful coat with her hands.

“Lead the way,” I said.

We walked farther down the long cavern, but nothing particularly interesting happened for a while. We scared off some Zubat and found a couple Paras. I thought we would be out of here in no time, until Ninetales abruptly stopped.

“What’s wrong?” I called out to Nina.

“There’s water here. Lots of water. And we have company,” said Nina, pointing behind us.

We turned around, and a large, gray Pokemon, with one horn stepped out of the shadows. It was covered with hard, rock like plates, and growled fiercely.

“Oh, its just a stupid Rhyhorn,” I said.

The rocky rhinoceros growled angrily at my comment. It roared and sprung forward, straight towards. I dove out from in front of it, and skinned my elbows and knees on the ground. Luckily, Rhyhorn, was unable to maneuver itself away from the wall, and smashed into it, and not into me.

The entire cave shook tremendously when Rhyhorn hit the wall, and small rocks fell from the ceiling. I looked up, to see what was going on, and saw huge chunks of rocks breaking away from the ceiling,.

I yelled,” The cave is collapsing!”

Ninetales flame went out and we were plunged into darkness. I dove to my right, and felt Nina, Tongo, and Ninetales follow. We laid there, until the cave stopped shaking. I got up first.

“Nina, please tell your Ninetales to turn that light on,” I called out into the darkness.

My wish was answered, as a flame lit up the entire cavern behind. I figured out, that I was facing the wall. I turned around and examined the place. There were three walls, now, and no water. We could here the Rhyhorn on the other side, moaning and groaning, because it had been trapped. Nina was fuming.

She yelled, ”You idiot! What did you need to call it stupid for? Now we’re trapped here and it’s all your fault! I don’t want live in a cave!”

“Calm down, I’m sorry,” I whimpered. Then I released Wartortle, and blue and brown turtle materialized next to me. “We can dig ourselves out,” I said.

“What about that Rhyhorn? Its gonna charge you again!” she screamed, “Ninetles, Flamethrower!”

A hot jet of fire raced out of Ninetales’s mouth, and flew towards Wartortle. Warortle braced himself as the flames licked his body, and burnt him. Wartortle, endured the flames, until the stopped, coming, and the cavern turned dark.

“Wartortle, Water Gun,” I said.

I heard water rushing away into the darkness, and hitting a wall, on the far side of the cavern.

“Will-O –Wisp, and Bite!” yelled Nina.

Suddenly, a white-hot flame flew from the left of me; it illuminated the cavern, and struck Wartortle. The small white flame, exploded into many smaller flames, scorching Wartortle. The flames hovered in the air, illuminating the battleground. Ninetales raced in from behind the small burst of fire, with her fangs outstretched. Hew jaws clamped onto Warotrtle’s head.

“Mega Punch!” I yelled, while Nina called out, ”Toxic!”

Wartortle pulled his hand back and was about to release a devastating punch to Ninetales’s underbelly, when the white fox leapt off. Her mouth was dripping with purple slime. She growled and leapt at Wartotle again, secreting the poison into Wartortle’s body. Wartortle howled, as poison started to flow through his body.

“Flamethrower, Ninetales!” yelled Nina.

Ninetales let loose a small inferno of fire, that burned Wartortle, and threw him onto his back. Wartortle staggered to his feet, barely able to battle.

“Confuse Ray, and the Take Down!” yelled Nina.

“This is not going well,” I muttered to Tongo, who was standing beside me, ”Hydro Pump, Wartortle!”

Ninetales eyes flashed with white light, and Wartortle and their eyes met. Suddenly, Wartortle was off balance, and he stumbled to the floor. Ninetales charged as Wartortle tried to get up. She howled and smashed into the turtle, throwing him into the makeshift wall, that Rhyhorn had created.

All of a sudden, Wartortle started to glow. His body wiggled and squirmed for a couple of seconds. The blinding light lit up the cavern even more than the dying flames that were hovering in the air. He grew and grew, and as suddenly as it began, it stopped.

Wartortle was now seven feet tall and was a different shade of blue. His shell had two large, gray cannons sticking out of them, and his arms were much thicker and more powerful. All of the status condition seemed to have lifted from Blastoise, ansd he was not in pain.

“Hydro Pump, Blastoise!” I yelled.

Blastoise’s canons were shifted, and now pointed down, straight at Ninetales. Suddenly, and with absolutely no effort, two gigantic jets of water were blasted out of his cannons, and crashed into Ninetales. The fox howled in pain as the water soaked her body, and hurt her as though they were flames to an Oddish.

Nina ran over to Ninetales, to make sure she was okay, while I ran over to Blastoise and congratulated him.

“I’m sorry,” said Nina, after she had made sure Ninetales was fine, “I shouldn’t have ordered Ninetales to attack Wartortle.”

Tongo on the other hand had released his Exeggutor.

“Solar Beam,” he murmured.

Exegutor gathered the light from Ninetales’s Will-o-Wisp, and launched it out, into the form of a bright yellow beam. The beam was now the only source of light, and it flew directly at Blastoise!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Leman Offline

I think I should finish this, so....

Inferno Island Part 2
Chapter 7:The Pig Pounding Factory

By Leman

The bright beam of concentrated energy zoomed towards us and crashed into the wall, next to Blastoise. It missed Blastoise by inches. The wall shook, and some of the rocks flew out, and away from the wall. A large round hole appeared in the wall, as the Solar Beam tore through it like paper. The beam of concentrated energy slowly began to shrink as the seconds went by, and the light dimmed, until the entire beam disappeared.

Exegutor’s Solar Beam had completely drained all of the light that was lingering in cave from Ninetale’s Will-o-Wisp. Nina ordered Ninetales to light up the room again. The flames showed us the large wall Rhyhorn had made, and the effects of the Solar Beam attack.

There was a medium sized, perfectly cut, round hole, that was big enough for Tongo Nina, Ninetales, and I to climb through, but to small for Blastoise, and to high for Exeggutor. The hole was three feet from the ground, and Exeggutor couldn’t jump through that.

Both Tongo and I recalled our Pokemon, as Nina climbed through the hole. Ninetales followed her.

“Sorry about that, Leman,” said Tongo as he stepped though the opening, “I was not very good at explaining to Exeggutor, where to point that thing. No harm was intended.”

“No problem,” I said as I jumped though the hole.

We found ourselves, on about five feet from a small lake, filled with dirty, brackish water. Rhyhorn cowered in the corner.

“How do we get across?” asked Nina, “Ninetales can’t swim, and I don’t want to get into that.”

Tongo already had an idea. He quickly threw a Pokeball into the water, and it exploded, flooding the cavern with blinding light. There was loud roar, and Tongo’s large, powerful Gyarados floated in the water.

“Gyarados, we need to get across!” said Tongo.

Gyarados grunted, and lowered its head. We all climbed on, but Nina was much more hesitant than the rest of us. The four of us sat on top of Gyarados’s head, as it slowly, and steadily swam to the other side. Ninetales was still holding her continuous stream of flames so Gyarados could see in front of him.

The underground lake proved to be much longer than we had thought. After about an hour of passing the same rock wall, that never seemed to change, Gyarados sighted land. It growled, to signify that a small underground beach had appeared. It looked exactly like the beach we had just left, except there was no rock wall cutting it off from the rest of the cave. I looked beneath me. The water was still dirty, and brackish, and it bubbled occasionally. There had to be something down there.

We quickly got off of Gyarados, and Tongo recalled him, and we continued on our journey into the bowels of the cave. I thought I heard something leap out of the water, but I didn’t want to see what it was.

We kept walking in complete silence for the next couple of minutes, with Nina and Ninetales leading the way. Suddenly, the two stopped.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It’s a dead end,” she replied.

Tongo and I moved up to get a closer look, and sure enough it was a dead end. It seamed to be made up of a pile of rocks, unlike the walls of the cave, which were covered with dirt. I grabbed hold of one of the rocks, and pulled; it came out easily. I peered through the hole that I had made, and saw nothing but more rock. That must have meant it was man made, and probably weaker than the other walls, but defiantly thick.

“Its man made,” I announced, “Blast it with Solar Beam.”

“Leman, Exeggutor can’t use a Solar Beam. There’s no energy source here,” said Tongo.

“Gyarados?” I asked.

Tongo replied, “Gyarados won’t fit here. Its too narrow,”

He was right. The cavern had become narrower.

“What Pokemon did you bring, Leman?” asked Nina.

“Jolteon, Kingdra, Dragonair, Blastoise, Vibrava, and Houndour,” I said, “Kingdra won’t be able to help since it needs to be in water. You can’t use electricity to knock down a wall, and I don’t think a Hydro Pump will work. I was thinking that a Hyper Beam would be better. I don’t think the other three have enough power.”

“Then were stuck,” said Nina.

Tongo sat there, and thought. Suddenly, his eyes lit up, and he began to speak. “You said that, ‘You don’t think that Dragonair or Vibrava have enough power.’ Alone, you are probably right. They can’t knock down this wall alone, but together they might be able to.”

That sounded reasonable to me. I took out my two dragon’s Pokeballs, and hurled them into the air. They landed, with a flash of very bright light and both Pokemon appeared beside each other. Dragonair was long, snakelike, and blue, with a soft white under belly. It was much more obedient than the dragonfly-like Vibrava, who was small and brown, with a pair of large green wings.

“As you two can see,” I explained to the tiny dragons; both had very perplexed looks on their faces, “We are in a cave, and a dead end. Luckily for us, the wall that is blocking our way is thin. Thin enough, that your combined Hyper Beams should be able to blow a hole in it that is large enough for us to crawl through.”

The two dragons nodded. They pointed their heads at the wall, and opened their small mouths. Two orange sized, golden balls of energy formed in their mouths. Then, the two balls of energy exploded, and flew forward, into the rock wall of the cave. They slammed into it, and began eating through the wall, as the cavern began to shake. The light that was produced was blinding. I got a glimpse of a small Paras scuttling into a crevice, hiding from the blinding light. Then, suddenly the cavern stopped shaking, and the beams died down. Both of the little dragons were panting heavily.

I smiled at them, pleased at their accomplishment. I was able to see right through the wall, and it was large enough for all of us to crawl through, one by one. The other side of this wall was not as dark and monotonous as this side. The ground looked sort of reddish, and there was a great amount of steam pouring through the crevice. I heard the pounding of machines, coming from one side, and someone was shouting something that sounded like, “Pig! Pig!”

“Yes!!” I exclaimed, “Great job, lets go!”

I went to go through, but almost everyone stopped me. Vibrava leapt in front of me, and starred at me like I had forgot to do something. He did not look pleased though. Nina and Tongo both called out, “Wait”, and Ninetales stepped back, and began to growl.

:”Leman, should we really go in there?” asked Tongo.

“It sounds like their pounding a bunch of pigs into bacon, and that’s not something I plan on seeing,” said Nina.

“Well, where else do we go?” I said.

Neither of them said anything for a while, but then Ninetales stepped up in front of them. She had stopped growling, and accepted that they had nowhere to go.

“Nowhere,” murmured Nina.

“Exactly,” I said, “So lets go.”

I began to walk through the hole again, when Vibrava jumped up in front of. He leapt up into the air, right in front of me, fluttering his green, wing furiously. He did not look very happy.

“What do you want, Vibrava?” I asked.

The Dragonfly Pokemon opened his mouth, and used one of his legs to point inside. He wanted to get a treat for blowing up the wall! I took out a red Pokeblock, and tossed it at him. He gobbled it up greedily, and flew to the side, so we could pass.

“Weirdo,” muttered Nina.

The inside was not at all what we had expected. It was not a gigantic “Pig-Pounding” factory, but something very different.

The room was very large, twice as big as the Pokemon Centers main room. There was a large caldera in the center, full of fiery lava, which was making the entire room glow a fiery red.

On the right side, there was a large complicated machine, that looked eerily familiar, with large, colorful buttons, long tubes filled with a green gas, and many flashing lights. The rest of it was silver, and there were large clear chambers in it. It had about twenty large pistons, near us, that were continuously pounding, and pumping out steam. Suspended from the roof, was a large silver walkway, which crisscrossed all around the room.

There were two people on that walkway. I could not see either of them very clearly, because they were so high, but both were wearing black cloaks, that covered their entire bodies. One was watching the other from one side of the room. He had his hood over his head, and his hands were folded, into his sleeve.

The other one was standing in the middle of the crisscrossing walk way, but this one was a little lower than the other man’s. He was not wearing the hood over his head, like the other man, so he looked a lot less sinister. He had long black hair, which hung down at his shoulders. The man was screaming “Dig, Dig, Dig”, like a command at something that was obviously on the other side of the cavern.

I glanced over at the left side, to see what he was yelling at, and I was amazed. There were about a hundred clawed Pokemon, digging into the wall. There were: red and fierce Charmeleon, who were waving their fiery tails as they dug; yellow and spiky Sandslash, who looked as though they were particularly adept at digging; Mighteyna that were digging with their four claws, throwing the dirt in a big pile after it went through their legs, and their usually sleek and black fur was caked with mud; and even was a pair of large and fearsome Tyranitar who were both smashing thee ground with their large formidable claws. Each and every one of the Pokemon looked exhausted.

“Like it Leman?” said a menacing voice from behind me.

I whirled around, to see who had said that, and saw Anyunkoko hovering over me. He was smiling malevolently.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” he said with a wicked laugh.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Leman Offline

Inferno Island Part 2
Chapter 8: The Plan Unfolds

By Leman

“Yes, this were I live. Me and all 126 of my Pokemon!” he said wickedly, “Of course about 110 of those are digging!”

“What are you digging for?!” demanded Tongo.

“Let me show you all. Heck, let me show you every thing” he said, walking over to the large machine that was pumping out steam. We followed.

“You see, my entire plan is a puzzle,” began the evil cretin, “A puzzle that I need to find all the pieces to, and fit together. I have some of those pieces, yet many are still missing; hidden among the land. The first of these pieces is this.” He put his hand on the machine. ”Tongo, Leman, you two might remember this. It is the Machine of Lifelessness. Well, this is a larger version.”

The Machine of Lifelessness was an evil machine that sucked the life out of any Pokemon, and produced Noxious Gas. Anyunkoko’s Noxious Gas made any wild Pokemon that breathed it into living zombie; it was at the mercy of Anyunkoko. He could make it do whatever he wanted them to do.

“What do you need that for?” I asked, “Are you going to try and make another Rayquaza?”

“Let me finish, and I’ll answer all your questions,” replied Anyunkoko. “The Machine of Lifelessness had much bigger role in this operation. I was going to use it remake Rayquaza, and use him instead of them.” He pointed to the Pokemon that were digging.”I needed a couple of Pokemon, but happened to accidentally steal one of them from you two. Being much more persistent then those keepers, you followed me, and broke the large piece into many smaller ones, and I was left with one. The rest, you two managed to scatter across the land. Luckily I was able to track them all down. Those pieces were the Pokemon.

“That brings us to our second piece of the puzzle. Rayquaza was going to be loyal to me, seeing as that the Dratini was mine.” Dragonair growled at Anyunkoko fiercely. Even if he had been Anyunkoko’s Pokemon, he probably had not liked his stay with him. Anyunkoko continued, ”Since the Dratini was loyal to me, the Rayquaza would be too. I had no need for this next piece. I tracked down the Pokemon that would do the digging for me, but they would not obey me. That’s where the Noxious Gas came in.

“The Noxious Gas would make them obey me, but the Noxious Gas I had would faded after some time. So, I made it stronger, and fitted it with the Machine of Lifelessness, and easily got all the Pokemon to inhale the gas. So now, since about half an hour ago, they dig, and dig, and they will occasionally eat, and then dig some more.”

“So, where does the Machine of Lifelessness fit in this new puzzle? And what are these poor Pokemon digging for?” Nina asked.

“Have patience. I’m getting to it,” said Anyunkoko. “So, now we have our 110 Pokemon digging. Fifty-two Charmeleon, twenty-three Sandslash, thirty-one Mightyena, two Tyrannitar, and two young Larvitar-”

“You’re forcing small little Larvitar to dig like this?!” yelled Nina, “You foul, evil, vile villain!”

“Thank you,” said Anyunkoko, with a broad grin. He walked over, away from the machine, and continued, “So now we have our Pokemon all digging for our next two pieces in Anyunkoko’s Puzzle of Greatness.” Nina looked like she was going to make another outburst, but thought better of it. “They are called The Stone of Dark Fire, and The Stone of Light Fire. These two stones hold much of the balance between light, and dark. They are ancient stones, and have been around since the begging of time. Both are buried underneath this very volcano.

“Now, I’ need to find these stones, because, without them, I could never carry out my plan. As long as there is a Light Stone, the Dark cannot prevail. So, we will destroy it in the very thing it was made from: the lava. I’m just going to drop it in the flames. Dark will begin to creep over the world. Nights will get longer. Dark Pokemon like Murkrow and Misdreavus will multiply and change, getting more powerful as the days pass. Fires will burn hotter, yet they will become dimmer. Dormant, and extinct volcanoes will become active again. The crime rate will rise, but that’s it. The destruction of the stone will cause nothing else.

“So with this stone gone, we will move on to another location, and receive The Stone of Dark Water, and destroy The Stone of Light Water. Then, Nights will become even longer, and days will shrink, sometimes being only nine hours long in the summer. The stars will dim, and natural disasters will become more frequent. The sees will become more turbulent, and destructive, and that’s it. We will abandon that lair, for something else.

“We will go to another place, to get The Stone of Dark Lightning, and destroy its light counter part. Then the lightning and the sun will become the only sources of light, though the sun will be up for a mere four hours a day, and the entire time it will be covered with dark clouds. Natural disasters will occur daily, and the world will go into a worldwide money crisis. Lightning will flash across sky, yet there will be no electricity, but nothing else. That’s all that will happen when this stone is gone.

“We will abandon that location, and move on again, to retrieve The Stones of Earth, and Ice, with the Earth becoming worse and worse with each stone gone. Then I will take the Dark stones and meld them together. Then the process will be irreversible, and the entire world will be thrown into darkness. The Master of the Dark will bestow himself upon me, and grant me the position of Dark God! The world will be exactly as I wish it to be, dark, cold, and mine! You will all be looking up to me! Worshiping me!” Anyunkoko began to laugh manically at this point.

They had somehow migrated to the other side of the Machine of Lifelessness.

“Why are you telling us all this?” asked Tongo.

Anyunkoko stopped laughing, and began to speak again. “Two reasons,” he said, “First, because I am evil, and all evil villains tell the people who are trying to stop him his plans. Its in the handbook.”

Anyunkoko grabbed an old, battered, brown book, which said, ”A Villain’s Guide to Being Very Evil” on the cover in dull gold writing and held it up to show us. He quickly put that back down.

“The other reason is, that I can’t do this without Leman. The legend, says that I need an evil soul, which was caught by a pure one. I need your Houndour,” said Anyunkoko gleefully.

“Wait, then why did Blaine make me catch that Houndour? I thought he was a good guy,” I said. I was very confused about most of his plan.

Anyunkoko picked up something else from the table, which was next to his book, and held it open.

“Blaine Suits,” explained Anyunkoko, “You can get them at the 99 cent store.”

It looked like Blaine, except he was flat, had a zipper in his, and he had holes for eyes. It had completely fooled me.

“Master Anyunkoko,” yelled someone from the suspended walkway. It was the man with the long black hair who had been shouting the orders at the diggers. “One of the Charmeleons has found the stones!”

Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Leman Offline

Inferno Island Part 2
Chapter 9: The Charmeleon, and and the Stones

By Leman

“Wow, that was quick,” said the evil villain. Then he put on an evil grin, and began rubbing his hands together malevolently. “Excellent!”

I glanced over at the digging Pokemon, and sure enough, a Charmeleon had found the stones and was holding them up gleefully. The rest of them had collapsed on the ground, panting heavily.

One of the stones was a glistening white. It emanated a soft, white light. It wasn’t bright or blinding, but it sort of soothed me when I looked at it. Both were the same size; the size of an egg.

The other rock was pitch black. When I looked at it, it completely destroyed the happy, lighthearted feeling that the other stone had given me, and replaced with a slight feeling of despair. Unlike the other stone, this one did not give out any light. In fact, it did the exact opposite. It looked like it suck light in; like a tiny, physical black hole.

While I was marveling at the two stones, Anyunkoko raced over, and snatched them out of the poor Pokemon’s hand. Charmeleon growled angrily, and began to slash at Anyunkoko. The villain retaliated with a sharp kick in the stomach, which sent the red, lizard tumbling backward. Anyunkoko turned back, as if to spit on it but didn’t. The cretin walked over to the caldera of the Volcano and began to sneer at the three of us.

We ran over to him, as he began to speak triumphantly, “This next piece of the puzzle has fit in it nicely.” Anyunkoko chuckled and continued. “Well, lets get this over with.”

He held the white, Stone of Light Fire high above his head, and above the blazing caldera of the volcano.

“NOOOO!” I yelled, but he would not listen.

The evil villain began to laugh manically, as he let go. The stone dropped down into the pit of boiling lava and was plunged into it, by the will of gravity.

As the stone hit the top of the fiery liquid, it exploded, but instead of sending out particles, it let out blinding amounts of light. The entire room was full of brilliant white light. The light expended heat, also, nearly burning up the entire room. Anyunkoko was still laughing manically. Then, as quickly as the light had filled the room, it disappeared.

All the light shrank back into one small point, where the Stone of Light Fire had been. We all stood there, completely frozen. Nobody move, or made a sound. Anyunkoko’s laughter even died down. The light slowly crept back in from the door, illuminating the room.

Then the room started shaking violently. The Pokemon began to panic. They all roared, and headed to the wall, with the Tyrranitar in the lead. The pair of Tyrannitar smashed through the wall, with a deafening crash. The rest of the Pokemon, followed, as well as Anyunkoko and his three goons, with his book and the Stone of Dark Fire in his hand, on his Arcanine.

“So long, Leman!” said Anyunkoko with another malevolent laugh.

As the Pokemon were thundering through the door, and the room shook ferociously, with an earsplitting roar, we saw the fiery molten rock splash in and out of the caldera. Nina yelled over the noise, “Lets get out of here!”

“Yeah,” I muttered, not bothering to raise my voice, because no body would be able to here it.

I walked towards the door on the other side, when a red dot caught my eye. I turned around quickly, and saw that it was the Charmeleon who had found the two stones. He was not following the stampede of Pokemon, who, by this point, had all left. Instead, he was going the opposite way, and into the fiery caldera. When he reached there, he stuck one of his sharp claws into the lava, as the room continued to shake.

“Leman, the volcano is going to erupt! We must leave!” roared Tongo.

“What about the Charmeleon? I think he is trying to get the Stone of Light Fire, but its not there! If he keeps on trying to get it, the volcano will blow up, he will die! We have to help him!” I said.

“Forget the stupid lizard!” yelled Nina. “If we don’t get out of here, its not the only thing that will need help!”

Dragonair, and Vibrava nodded in approval.

“No,” I said, and began to run over to the poor Pokemon. “Dragonair, Vibrava, come on!” I called.

Dragonair sighed and slithered behind me, wile Vibrava sat down, and refused to move.

In a couple of seconds, we caught up with Charmeleon, and sure enough, it was trying to reach the stone. It had stuck one of its claws in the lava, and was sifting through it like sand. Oddly, it did not burn it.

“Come on, we have to get out of here,” I said to the fire lizard. I grabbed its free arm and pulled. Charmeleon just wrenched its arm out of my grasp, and continued looking.

“The Stone is not in there. It’s gone,” I told the Charmeleon, but it just growled, and continued looking.

“This isn’t working,” I muttered, and grabbed it around the waist, and tried to pick it up. The Pokemon was incredibly warm, did not like being picked up.

He suddenly hit me on the side of my head, with one of his hard claws. He snarled, and flames began to form at its mouth. I rubbed my head, as he prepared to unleash his attack.

“Charmeleon,” I pleaded, “Lets go! The entire plash is going to collapse, and this volcano is going to erupt, or explode, or something.”

Charmeleon would not listen. He fired a jet of white-hot flames strait at me. They began to dart forward, straight at my chest, it looked as though it was able to burn through my skin.

“Dragonair, help! Use Ice Beam!” I called out desperately.

Dragonair fired out a blast of freezing air, and which raced towards scorching flare. As the two blasts collided, there was no explosion, or anything of the sort. The two blasts just rammed into each other, and a pool of water formed underneath them.

Charmeleon was now furious. It dashed towards my long skinny dragon, and slashed at him with his claws. Long red gashes appeared where he had been hit.

“Slam!” I yelled.

Dragonair raised its long tail, and brought it up in the air. He swung it at the fire lizards. It contacted it with tremendous force, and Charmeleon was thrown to the ground. A large lump formed on its head, and it got up slowly.

Charmeleon dashed at Dragonair again, and attempted to hit it with his own tail. He jumped up, spun around, and Dragonair simply lowered his head, and got out of the way.

“Dragon Breath, now!” I yelled again.

Dragonair unleashed a deadly blast of yellow breath that slowly engulfed the fire lizard. Charmeleon stood there, as the breath covered his body, not knowing if this would be good, or bad. Unfortunately, for him, he found out it was bad, when the breath began stinging, and burning his skin, with the various toxins that were imbedded in it.

“Slam, again!” I said, hoping that this would finish the battle, so we could carry him to safety.

Dragonair curled itself up, and bounded up into the air, like Tigger’s tail from Winnie the Pooh. When he was in the air, the dragon-snake whipped itself around, and smashed the tail through the gas of stinging breath, and into Charmeleon’s head.

Charmeleon toppled out of the cloud of stinging breath, and onto the floor. The cloud began to disappear, as I rushed over to Charmeleon. Nina, Tongo, Vibrava, and Ninetales had arrived, to see what had happened.

“Good job, you killed it! Can we please get out of here now?” said Nina quickly.

“Its not dead,” I said defensively.

I went to pick it up, but quickly pulled my hand back. Its skin was extremely hot, a little black spot of dead skin appeared on the palm of hand. It stung excruciatingly, but I tried to ignore it. I was determined to get this Charmeleon out of here.

Then, suddenly I had an idea. I grabbed a Pokeball with my hand that was not burnt out of my pocket, and tossed it at the Charmeleon. The fire lizard was swallowed up by bright red light, and sucked into the sphere. I grabbed the ball before it hit the ground, and ran towards the door.

The rumbling continued, and the caldera was shaking violently, spewing out lava everywhere. The fiery lava splashed up, on to the crosswalk, and was melting right through it. The Pokeball in my hand was still shaking, and the light on the button was still on, as the six of us ran out of the room.

Charmeleon =40k
Total characters w/out spaces = 36.5k
Total characters w/spaces = 44.5k

Last edited by Leman; 04-02-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Plot: Your plot was certainly original. The villain was unusual, and quite interesting. This is certainly more than the usual "Kid goes in long grass and finds a Pokemon". ^_^ Good job.

Details: Ah, details. You had a lot of nice ones here. You have an neat way of describing everything, and I find the things you choose to tell more about to be interesting. Try to add smell descriptons, as well, or just include as many of the sense as possible. Overall, however, this was very good. I was particularly fond of your description of the rock that was like a black hole.

Grammar: Your grammar is pretty good. ^_^ Nice work, the story was well spaced and written, and easy to read.

Battle: This part was what needs improvement, to be honest. You wrote over 40K for Charmeleon, yet the battle was about 5K or a bit less. :\ I know you might not wanna write a 20K or so battle... But I really feel this is too short for a Charmeleon. Also, if you are going to write a short battle, remember to add a lot of description.

Overall: The very short battle put this right on the border. :\ However, the story was very good, even if the battle needs length, so Charmeleon Captured. However, in the future, I expect a longer battle from you if you're going to get another capture.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Battle: This part was what needs improvement, to be honest. You wrote over 40K for Charmeleon, yet the battle was about 5K or a bit less. :\ I know you might not wanna write a 20K or so battle... But I really feel this is too short for a Charmeleon. Also, if you are going to write a short battle, remember to add a lot of description.
Thank you so much! The battle was very short, because the Charmeleon was suppossed to be exhausted from digging, and there was an erupting valcano ten feet away from them. Thank you.