Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Jess_Canada Offline
New Trainer

Default The Lives Of Bandmates (Based On True Events)

*~WARNING~*
This story is rated PG-13 due to violence and use of drugs coming up in later chapters

Note that if this sucks it's because it's my first piece of writing. Half of it is fiction, half of it isn't. I'll have new chapters ready every Monday. This story is based on my second favourite band Hole. All the characters are based on their members and their friends/family.

Characters And Who They're Based On. (Updated whenever someone new shows up):

Name: Carey Harrison
Who they're based on: Courtney Love
First Appearence: Prolouge
Birthday: July 9 1964
Hair Colour: Naturaly Brown, Dyed Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Instrument: Guitar, Vocals
Family: Mom, Dad, 2 step dads, two half sisters, one half brother
Description: She was raised in and has lived in Portland, Oregon, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia and Japan. She had a very hard childhood which led into alot of trouble in her late pre-teens. Example would be she got caught stealing a KISS T-shirt at the age of 12. Carey eat, sleeps, and breathes music. She formed the band Mockery

Name: Josh Spokal
Who they're based on: Eric Erlandson
First Appearence: Chapter 1: The Meeting (First mentioned in Prolouge)
Birthday: January 9 1963
Hair Colour: Naturaly Brown
Instrument: Guitar
Family: Unknown
Description: Co-founded Mockery with Carey . Josh loves music, He was heavily influenced by Kiss, Aerosmith, Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground.

Name: Ericka Core
Who They're Based On: Jill Emery
First Appearence: Chapter 2: Get Together
Birthday: Unknown
Eye Colour: Brown
Instrument: Bass
Description: Has played in 2 other bands before Mockery.

Name: Mace Bayler
Who They're Based On: Caroline Rue
First Appearence: Chapter 2: Get Together (First mentioned in Chapter 1: The Meeting)
Hair Colour: Natural Blonde
Eye Colour: Green
Instrument: Drums
Description: Says she's always had the power to be "invisible":
"I can completely avoid cops. I can be drinking, doing 75 miles an hour in the fast lane, and cops pull beside me, look at me, and keep going."

Okay, here we go:

Prolouge:

Los Angeles: 1989

Carey was a girl who loved to play her electric guitar. She also loved to sing but not infront of others. She was always teased about her raspy voice since she was 16. She had always wanted to start a band. But she never knew anyone good enough to form a band with.

But this time, she had no choice but to use her last resort. She had placed an ad in a magazine. It had said "I'm starting a band known as "Mockery" and looking for members. Women preferred.". After so many weeks she waited without a reply. She got the phone call she was waiting for. But however, this person was no woman. It was a man that went by the name of Josh Spokal. He said he's a very experienced guitarist and wanted to join a band for a long time. Carey set up a meeting between her and Josh at a food court at a mall the next day.

Chapter 1: The Meeting

The next day, Carey was sitting back having a coffee waiting for Josh. Carey wondered what Josh would look like, she hoped he would look just the way she wanted: Long hair and messed up. Carey then looked behind herself. She saw some guy around her age who looked the way she wanted Josh to look with a guitar talking to another guy. When the other one left, Carey listened and heard him say "See ya Josh! Oh, and good luck!" "Josh?!" Carey thought. Carey dropped and spilled her coffee on the floor, and ran up to Josh, anyone (except Carey) could basicly tell by the face he was making as Carey ran up to him, he was probably thinking "Who the heck is she?!".

Carey stopped infront of him and asked "Josh Spokal?!" Josh replied "Uh, yeah, who are you?" he asked. "Carey Harrison" she said. Josh replied "Oh hey, so you're Carey, glad to meet y-" but before Josh could finish, Carey was so excited (and hyper) that she cut him off and said "Wow, oh my god it's really you, I've dreamt about me forming a band and this day to come and I'm just well........so excited!!" "Wow, you seem pretty cool,I'm luck I met you." said Josh. Anyone who was watching could tell he looked emberrassed.

"So, I know a girl who's pretty good at drumming." said Josh. "Really?" said Carey. "What's her name? How long has she been drumming?". "Her name is Mace. Mace Bayler. She's been drumming since God knows when!". Carey looked excited. "Great, when can I meet her?" she asked. "Hmmmm......I'll see if Sunday's good. Hang on a sec, I gotta use the pay phone and ask." Carey was excited. Josh came back and said "She said Sunday is perfect." Carey said "Great, can't wait!"

Chapter 2: Get Together

After Carey left the food court that day she was so excited to meet Mace. She knew that if all her bandmates were quite like her, they might've been able to become really good friends and remain as a band for a very long time. "Hmmm......." Carey thought. "All I need now is a bassist. Maybe Josh figured I knew someone who could play bass and he did too but he just didn't tell me because of what he thought.". That night Carey was planning on asking Josh if he knew a bassist.

The next morning Carey woke up to a sound of a huge truck. "What the hell?!" she said as she walked to her window. There was a moving truck next door. "Oh, that's right! I forgot the house next door got sold! I wonder who's gonna live there. I hope it's not some over-protective couple of parents with like a huge car and 5 kids! Then she saw a girl with brown hair that looked the age of Carey. She had pulled a bass guitar and an amp out from the moving truck. It made Carey's day when she saw that!

Carey got dressed and went over next door. The girl answered. Carey said "Hi, I'm Carey. Carey Harrison. I live next door and I wanted to say "Welcome to the neighbourhood!" Of course what Carey really wanted to say was probably something like "So I see you have a bass guitar, do you play?". The girl said "Thanks, my name's Ericka. My last name's Core. Wanna come inside and talk?" Carey replied "Yeah sure.".

They sat down on Ericka's couch and Ericka said "So tell me about yourself." Carey said "Well, I really enjoy music, I play electric guitar in a band, well, we haven't gotten all the members we need yet, like tomorrow I meet the drummer and we need a bassist.". Ericka said "You know, I play bass guitar and if you still need a bassist I could become the one in your group." Carey replied "Ericka, that would be AWESOME.". Ericka looked happy. "So, wanna come with me tomorrow and meet the group?" asked Carey. "Sounds like a good plan." Ericka replied.

The next day Carey got a call from Josh. "Carey, Mace and I are gonna be at the foot court at the coffee shop where we met at 12:30. Is that okay?". Carey said "Yeah, guess what, I found a bassist! Her name's Ericka and she just moved next door to me.". Josh then said "Awesome! Can't wait, see ya!".

"Ericka and Carey arrived at the food court and saw Josh waiting around for Mace. "Hey Josh!" yelled Carey. Josh looked and saw Carey and Ericka. "Josh this is Ericka. Ericka this is Josh." said Carey. "Glad to meet." said Josh. "Same here." said Ericka. "So where's Mace, Josh?" asked Carey. "I don't know, she should be here by now.". Suddenly the doors burst open. A girl with blonde curly hair and looked around Josh, Carey, and Ericka's age came in. She went up to Josh and said "Hahaha Josh, who's your friends?" she said. Josh had the un-mistakable feeling she was drunk. "Um....Mace this is Carey and E-" but before he could finish, Mace interuppted, went up to Ericka (Who looked kind of scared) and said "Okay, like, you shoulda saw me, I can so avoid the cops! I was having my vodka while going 75 down the fastway and so I got pulled over and I was all "Whoa" and they just looked at me and kept walking."

Mace went up to Carey and started to talk. Josh went up to Ericka and said "You looked pretty nervous when she was talking to you. It's okay for you to feel that way when Mace is drunk, especialy since it's your first time meeting her. See, she has a pretty bad drinking problem. Sorry if she caused any trouble." Ericka smiled. "It's okay Josh, I just gotta give her a chance. I'm sure she's pretty cool.". "Yeah she is, when she get's on those drums you should see her!" said Josh.

To be continued in Chapter 3: The First Sessions

Was it good or did it suck?

Last edited by Jess_Canada; 03-11-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser
Default Re: The Lives Of Bandmates (Based On True Events)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess_Canada View Post
*~WARNING~*
This story is rated PG-13 due to violence and use of drugs coming up in later chapters

Note that if this sucks it's because it's my first piece of writing. Half of it is fiction, half of it isn't. I'll have new chapters ready every Monday. This story is based on my second favourite band Hole. All the characters are based on their members and their friends/family.

Characters And Who They're Based On. (Updated whenever someone new shows up):

Name: Carey Harrison
Who they're based on: Courtney Love
First Appearence: Prolouge
Birthday: July 9 1964
Hair Colour: Naturaly Brown, Dyed Blonde
Instrument: Guitar, Vocals
Family: Mom, Dad, 2 step dads, two half sisters, one half brother
Description: She was raised in and has lived in Portland, Oregon, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia and Japan. She had a very hard childhood which led into alot of trouble in her late pre-teens. Example would be she got caught stealing a KISS T-shirt at the age of 12. Carey eat, sleeps, and breathes music. She formed the band Mockery

Name: Josh Spokal
Who they're based on: Eric Erlandson
First Appearence: Chapter 1: The Meeting (First mentioned in Prolouge)
Birthday: January 9 1963
Instrument: Guitar
Description: Co-founded Mockery with Carey . Josh loves music, He was heavily influenced by Kiss, Aerosmith, Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground.

Name: Ericka Core
Who They're Based On: Jill Emery
First Appearence: Chapter 2: Get Together
Eye Colour: Brown
Instrument: Bass
Description: Has played in 2 other bands before Mockery.

Name: Mace Bayler
Who They're Based On: Caroline Rue
First Appearence: Chapter 2: Get Together (First mentioned in Chapter 1: The Meeting)
Hair Colour: Natural Blonde
Eye Colour: Green
Instrument: Drums
Description: Says she's always had the power to be "invisible":
"I can completely avoid cops. I can be drinking, doing 75 miles an hour in the fast lane, and cops pull beside me, look at me, and keep going."

Okay, here we go:

Prolouge:

Los Angeles: 1989

Carey was a girl who loved to play her electric guitar. She also loved to sing but not infront of others. She was always teased about her raspy voice since she was 16. She had always wanted to start a band. But she never knew anyone good enough to form a band with.

But this time, she had no choice but to use her last resort. She had placed an ad in a magazine. It had said "I'm starting a band known as "Mockery" and looking for members. Women preferred.". After so many weeks she waited without a reply. She got the phone call she was waiting for. But however, this person was no woman. It was a man that went by the name of Josh Spokal. He said he's a very experienced guitarist and wanted to join a band for a long time. Carey set up a meeting between her and Josh at a food court at a mall the next day.

Chapter 1: The Meeting

The next day, Carey was sitting back having a coffee waiting for Josh. Carey wondered what Josh would look like, she hoped he would look just the way she wanted: Long hair and messed up. Carey then looked behind herself. She saw some guy around her age who looked the way she wanted Josh to look with a guitar talking to another guy. When the other one left, Carey listened and heard him say "See ya Josh! Oh, and good luck!" "Josh?!" Carey thought. Carey dropped and spilled her coffee on the floor, and ran up to Josh, anyone (except Carey) could basicly tell by the face he was making as Carey ran up to him, he was probably thinking "Who the heck is she?!".

Carey stopped infront of him and asked "Josh Spokal?!" Josh replied "Uh, yeah, who are you?" he asked. "Carey Harrison" she said. Josh replied "Oh hey, so you're Carey, glad to meet y-" but before Josh could finish, Carey was so excited (and hyper) that she cut him off and said "Wow, oh my god it's really you, I've dreamt about me forming a band and this day to come and I'm just well........so excited!!" "Wow, you seem pretty cool,I'm luck I met you." said Josh. Anyone who was watching could tell he looked emberrassed.

"So, I know a girl who's pretty good at drumming." said Josh. "Really?" said Carey. "What's her name? How long has she been drumming?". "Her name is Mace. Mace Bayler. She's been drumming since God knows when!". Carey looked excited. "Great, when can I meet her?" she asked. "Hmmmm......I'll see if Sunday's good. Hang on a sec, I gotta use the pay phone and ask." Carey was excited. Josh came back and said "She said Sunday is perfect." Carey said "Great, can't wait!"

Chapter 2: Get Together

After Carey left the food court that day she was so excited to meet Mace. She knew that if all her bandmates were quite like her, they might've been able to become really good friends and remain as a band for a very long time. "Hmmm......." Carey thought. "All I need now is a bassist. Maybe Josh figured I knew someone who could play bass and he did too but he just didn't tell me because of what he thought.". That night Carey was planning on asking Josh if he knew a bassist.

The next morning Carey woke up to a sound of a huge truck. "What the hell?!" she said as she walked to her window. There was a moving truck next door. "Oh, that's right! I forgot the house next door got sold! I wonder who's gonna live there. I hope it's not some over-protective couple of parents with like a huge car and 5 kids! Then she saw a girl with brown hair that looked the age of Carey. She had pulled a bass guitar and an amp out from the moving truck. It made Carey's day when she saw that!

Carey got dressed and went over next door. The girl answered. Carey said "Hi, I'm Carey. Carey Harrison. I live next door and I wanted to say "Welcome to the neighbourhood!" Of course what Carey really wanted to say was probably something like "So I see you have a bass guitar, do you play?". The girl said "Thanks, my name's Ericka. My last name's Core. Wanna come inside and talk?" Carey replied "Yeah sure.".

They sat down on Ericka's couch and Ericka said "So tell me about yourself." Carey said "Well, I really enjoy music, I play electric guitar in a band, well, we haven't gotten all the members we need yet, like tomorrow I meet the drummer and we need a bassist.". Ericka said "You know, I play bass guitar and if you still need a bassist I could become the one in your group." Carey replied "Ericka, that would be AWESOME.". Ericka looked happy. "So, wanna come with me tomorrow and meet the group?" asked Carey. "Sounds like a good plan." Ericka replied.

The next day Carey got a call from Josh. "Carey, Mace and I are gonna be at the foot court at the coffee shop where we met at 12:30. Is that okay?". Carey said "Yeah, guess what, I found a bassist! Her name's Ericka and she just moved next door to me.". Josh then said "Awesome! Can't wait, see ya!".

"Ericka and Carey arrived at the food court and saw Josh waiting around for Mace. "Hey Josh!" yelled Carey. Josh looked and saw Carey and Ericka. "Josh this is Ericka. Ericka this is Josh." said Carey. "Glad to meet." said Josh. "Same here." said Ericka. "So where's Mace, Josh?" asked Carey. "I don't know, she should be here by now.". Suddenly the doors burst open. A girl with blonde curly hair and looked around Josh, Carey, and Ericka's age came in. She went up to Josh and said "Hahaha Josh, who's your friends?" she said. Josh had the un-mistakable feeling she was drunk. "Um....Mace this is Carey and E-" but before he could finish, Mace interuppted, went up to Ericka (Who looked kind of scared) and said "Okay, like, you shoulda saw me, I can so avoid the cops! I was having my vodka while going 75 down the fastway and so I got pulled over and I was all "Whoa" and they just looked at me and kept walking."

Mace went up to Carey and started to talk. Josh went up to Ericka and said "You looked pretty nervous when she was talking to you. It's okay for you to feel that way when Mace is drunk, especialy since it's your first time meeting her. See, she has a pretty bad drinking problem. Sorry if she caused any trouble." Ericka smiled. "It's okay Josh, I just gotta give her a chance. I'm sure she's pretty cool.". "Yeah she is, when she get's on those drums you should see her!" said Josh.

To be continued in Chapter 3: The First Sessions

Was it good or did it suck?
I think that it's fine. But the chapters are a little too short - try and make them at least 3 pages in MS Word.