Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Chaka {Elegia Story #2}

Scizor Fiexcyrix, Rapidash Neffofe, Octillery Oictlu, Magmar Bervrawl.
Elegia Calamity
Capturing: Shiny (red) Raticate for myself.
NOT FINISHED! DON'T GRADE!
Please note: The first post is the END of the story. The ones after it are the events leading UP to the first post!

The flames were smoky, the people coughing, and there was blood ringing the red Raticate's mouth. Holding her injured arm, Elegia opened her mouth, but not even a croak came out. Through the smoke, she mouthed and gestured to her Pokemon, the Magmar peering through the hazy mess to try to understand her. She seemed to shimmer, from the heat, and his view was obscured anyway.

Although Raticate was alone, the Pokemon crouched low, hissing and snapping as though surrounded. Bervrawl avoided one attack aimed for its ankles as it stepped towards Raticate, silent but menacing. The weakned Pokemon gave a strangled cry, and for a moment, Bervrawl hesitated. Seeing this as a sign of cowardice, the rat Pokemon gave a hoarse, greedy chuckle, and leapt. Magmar's leg was the same color as its chest now, but the red on its upper body didn't drip. Had the ground not been singed to a crisp, it would most certainly have been stained with the fluid.

The hiss of flames went unnoticed by Magmar, but even through the noise of the rapidly-spreading flames, Elegia heard it. Raticate's messy eating had been resolved by the heat of Magmar's body as it had bitten it, the remnants of blood and less pleasant things burnt away from the rat's fur, along with some of its fluff and skin. With its whiskers intact, it could still fight, had it not been disoriented already by something else.

Obeying a soft command from Elegia, Octillery slid forwards. Normally, the Pokemon had a hard time moving on land, without walking very carefully. Now, with the bottom of its tentacles torn to near shreds, it simply slid on them, letting the ichor they secreted grease his way.

Despite the pain, the Pokemon was reasonably alert when it reached Raticate. Ignoring the nearby flames, and avoiding a last bit of the oil spill, it spat an Ice Beam at Raticate. The vicious Pokemon was too quick for Octillery, however, and evaded the attack with ease. Bervrawl's Fire Punch skimmed Raticate's side, as it did so, singeing off another patch of fur. Releasing the last of the embers that he'd had in hand, Bervrawl roared at Raticate as it lunged, knowing his injuries would make him too slow to get out of the way. Relishing this, Raticate moved quickly enough to avoid being stopped by Octillery, but as slowly as possible within that time frame. Leaping up, it dug its teeth into Magmar's shoulder, nibbling as it did so, while its claws worked their way into the fire type's body. They were crisped nearly instantly, but bone and tooth were both of a sturdier material than flesh, and also a less sensitive one. Feeling nothing, Raticate hardened its tail with Iron Tail, then swung the stiff appendage directly at Magmar's face.

Though he did attempt to, Magmar was too slow to catch the Raticate's tail. He did, however, shake the Pokemon off, using a burst of flame to discourage it from a second try. Now covered entirely in blood, though its fur was a similar red and hid much of it, Raticate licked its claws, mindless of the dirt and other disgusting things from the ground and from fighting, until the burning feeling in them subsided. It had not, however, been able to do this without any sort of attack. Elegia had taken the spare time to quickly clean, apply potion to, and bandage Magmar's wounds. Similarly, Octillery had eagerly taken the chance to recover. A Water Gun attack filled the bottom of a crater in the fighting grounds, and submerging its tentacles and lower body within that, Octillery rested, dozing lightly as it healed.

A quick glance at Scizor and Rapidash made their inability to help obvious. Even through the tears the smoke and cinders had brought to her rubbed-raw eyes, Elegia could see that neither could fight. Reluctantly, she reached into her bag for her all-purpose pocket knife, brushing aside wood splinters from the last time she had used it to whittle.

Raticate, however, still had plenty of energy. Knowing she had no time to slowly think things over, Elegia pressed the pocket knife back down into the small pouch she wore, and reached into a longer pocket. A click echoed as she drew out her switchblade, extending it. It was the most warning Raticate would get. As the Pokemon hissed, clacking its teeth together with a grinding, chh-kk-ch-kkkk sound, she prepared herself. As soon as the Raticate leapt, barely clearing the ground due to its injurys, Elegia swung her body into a low crouch. Fluidly, she flicked her wrist and arm towards the riled red rat. However, the rodent hefted a leg upwards, knocking the blade down. The thick leather Elegia wore was imprinted with tooth marks when it pulled back, but the skin beneath it was unbroken.

Yanking on the Pokemon's tail before it had a chance to get away again, Elegia slipped the blade towards it, opening a shallow cut from right below its neck down to its lower stomach. The slow blood flow would be dangerous only if not tended to, but it ought to stop the Pokemon from fighting anymore until it was dealt with. She hesitated to deal out a killing strike, however, even though pressing a bit more deeply and puncturing a few organs would do that easily enough. After all, surely the body, used as proof, would bring her a good deal of money.

A short squeal echoed from Raticate, as the Pokemon moved too violently, wrenching its wound apart further. Disastefully, Elegia pulled it higher, up to where she could see it. The Pokemon bared its teeth, though she couldn't tell if it was meant as a threat, or simply a reaction to the pain. Flicking her fingers, she let go of its tail, tossing it into some of the flames. By now, they had died down to a more normal pitch, rather than a blaze, but while the Pokemon wasn't killed, it was still injured. It did not, however, have the energy to break free.

Tossing a spotless Pokeball at it, Elegia watched as the little sphere absorbed Raticate. The red light could not even be seen through the thick flames, but she could see a difference in the item creating that light. The Pokeball darkened, becoming a deep brown color within the fire, while the bright red dulled to a less blinding hue. However, it withstood the heat, though it did dart back and forth.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 03-19-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Chaka {Elegia Story #2}

Assasinations had never been Elegia's favored field. The bounty hunter, even after changing her strict rules about only working for a certain side, had never really cared to murder for money. That was for the base, the ones who hadn't the skills to do anything else. In this case, however, she had accepted the assignment. The last thing they needed was another dangerous team, particularly one who could remain underground with ease. After all, when all one wanted was profit and certain species of Pokemon, it was easy to remain unseen. Team Aqua and Magma fought visibly for their respective environmental causes, while Team Rocket were often caught in the act of openly stealing. This newcomer, however, was quietly collecting Pokemon from the black market (Who, mysteriously, were never seen or heard from again), while operating a human slave ring on the side.

'In here,' Elegia thought to herself, as she glanced at the veritable fortress. From above ground, it didn't look like much- Simply a mound of dirt. She could, however, see faint outlines beneath the dirt, like the beams of a very long, wide wall.

Rather than alerting those within to a problem by trying to create a hole, she simply opened the door, walking in as though she belonged there. Thankfully, no one was around to see her, as she would certainly stand out, dressed as she was in thick black leather embossed with red flowers.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 03-19-2007 at 09:15 PM.