Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:05 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Why will MIsty give up Togetic/Togepi?

I saw the Misty return episode and I feel sad about it. Misty's about to give up her good POkemon, OK, it wasn't used that much in battle and stuff, but it's still a good Pokemon and MIsty shouldn't have to give it up. Or MIsty's Togetic should've at least given her an egg with another Togepi inside. I think this is about as sad as May not getting the Swablu. I hate it when the writers have Ash, or May, or Max giving up a Pokemon when they clearly should've had it. It makes the show look bad to give up something you love.

DOes Misty have any feelings for Ash, or is it wait and see? The episode should've been written better, it's too sad. I think we'll never see Misty/Kasumi ever again in America.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default Re: Why will MIsty give up Togetic/Togepi?

Well, she left Togetic behind because she thought that it would be much better off in the Mirage Kingdom protecting the other Togepi.

Plus getting another egg wouldn't really tie in well wth the storyline, may as well let the group move on and find different Pokémon.

And as for feelings between Ash and Misty, it's obvious that they've always had a rather rocky-seeming friendship masking an eternal love between the two which they don't want to reveal in case it scares the other away... or something like that...

As for May, she just luts for Ash... it's so obvious... she may as well tatoo "I want you SO badly Ash" on her forehead in big bold lettering.

Last edited by Manjoume Jun; 09-25-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:46 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

If May did indeed have thoughts like that for Ash, she should be on Days of our Lives and acting more nutty then Brady Black lusting for Nicole. I may be a fan of May to a degree, but Misty belongs to Ash. Perhaps Brock or Shuu should be for May. I still feel it was wrong for Misty to just give up her Pokemon.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

XD... that is just wrong... XD

May is what... 10? And Brock is what... 16 or 17?

And I don't know if Ash and Misty will ever get together... it is a kid show, unless they put it in a movie or something...

And she gave up Togetic because of what Dan said... she felt the Togepi needed him to protect them... so she did the right thing and let Togetic go. Same reason why Ash let Butterfree go... because he felt that Butterfree needed to be somewhere else, so he let him go with the pink burtterfree...
Old 09-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Question: Which episode did May want to capture a Swablu?

Anyway, it is said to think that Misty has to give up one of her prized possessions. But, in a way, change is good. At least we won't have to see it cry and whine anymore.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

It's going to be shown soon here, May is going to tend to an injured Swablu after it was separated from its parents, the Altaria. May was faced with a decision to keep it or send it back to its family. Looking at the pics on Serebii, I think the Swablu wanted to be with May, but May was like insistant from what I read that it had to go back to its family. As a trainer myself, I would feel too sad to send it back to its family. I thought the purpose of Pokemon was to raise them, not just give them back to family. That's what confuses me of the Hoenn region, it seems too many of the Pokemon are family and 'uncatchable' whereas the Kanto/Johto Pokemon, there was never any issue with family. As for MIsty giving Togetic up, it just don't seem right to me for it seems like you're giving up a friendship. Trainers think they know what's best for Pokemon, but the Pokemon seem to have an everlasting friendship with the trainer and the sad thing is, Ash/Misty/and even May don't see that at times. They let potentially good members go.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Look at it this way AMM... you are faced with a diesicion... be selfish and keep togetic... or release it so it can go and protect all of the Togepi... even though I would be upset... I would still let it go, because I know, that that is the right thing to do... And about Swablu... would you steal something away from its family because it is weak and vulnerable? I wouldn't feel right about it... this show has a lot to do with morals... If you haven't noticed yet...