Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:52 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: "Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl" TV Series: Episode Titles and Character Names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtwig View Post
umm, whats the dudes name? and why is it always the girl in the video game and not the guy, thats preaty stupid... i mean like in the jhoto season, it would be cool to have the guy on ashes team insted of tracey ( or trasy... how every you spell that guys name)!
I do notice that they do seem to ignore the 'boy' characters from the games, they just put on the girls in May and Dawn (AKA Haruka in Jp for May and of course HIkari) to go on the journies, and it seems like Ash is kind of out of place in these journies, as in when you play the game, Ash is not there obviously. Ash is kind of like a character in someway on these journies.

Not sure if the show would've worked to have 3 dudes on the journey. THe girls from the game do have to fit in someway, although sometimes I wonder why can't the girls be the ones on the journey and they have new characters following them? But I guess the TV variety of Pokemon is somewhat about Ash and his journey and his conquest, and Dawn is along to introduce the contests. Kind of like Star Trek as Ash goes where he boldly hasn't gone before and going into regions we haven't heard of until we play the games.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Alienshroom Offline

Default Re: "Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl" TV Series: Episode Titles and Character Names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
I do notice that they do seem to ignore the 'boy' characters from the games, they just put on the girls in May and Dawn (AKA Haruka in Jp for May and of course HIkari) to go on the journies, and it seems like Ash is kind of out of place in these journies, as in when you play the game, Ash is not there obviously. Ash is kind of like a character in someway on these journies.

Not sure if the show would've worked to have 3 dudes on the journey. THe girls from the game do have to fit in someway, although sometimes I wonder why can't the girls be the ones on the journey and they have new characters following them? But I guess the TV variety of Pokemon is somewhat about Ash and his journey and his conquest, and Dawn is along to introduce the contests. Kind of like Star Trek as Ash goes where he boldly hasn't gone before and going into regions we haven't heard of until we play the games.
I think people will pick the female trainer cause shes on T.V. If I never seen Dawns anime form I would not have picked her on the game. (Not Really the boys ALWAYS SUCK or look dumb)
Old 03-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Smile Re: "Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl" TV Series: Episode Titles and Character Names!

Well, Brendan is a cool person. The show would have more ratings if Max were to be replace.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:53 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex 44566 View Post
I think people will pick the female trainer cause shes on T.V. If I never seen Dawns anime form I would not have picked her on the game. (Not Really the boys ALWAYS SUCK or look dumb)
Each Pokemon game I've played...
I just like being the girl more. I hope it's not weird, but there's just something about the girls on Crystal/RSE/FRLG/and DP that I feel make better trainers. I look forward in picking her for the journey, and taking along Piplup like I had Torchic for May. I think the boys the game are good, but I think the female characters are better and fun to make them an equality in Pokemon battling. I wish at times TV had May, and Dawn, trying some battling skills and not giving up when setbacks take place. They didn't have to go for gym badges, but the contest format at times seems like it's just for girls only (even though some of the male trainers are in it, but it doesn't seem like a big number.)

I really like Dawn's outfit.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
ssgoku4000 Offline
New Trainer

is there any where that i can watch these episodes online?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
overdrivepink Offline
Master Trainer

I under stand it because the meaning of hikari in english is light. so it is a dawn of light. and im disappointed that they did not continue the tradition of the girls with m names.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM
skyswellow Offline
Master Trainer

knew it! its dawn hikari IS dawnfor those wo dont know

Hatch @ 57 done
Croconaw @ 96
Feraligatr @ 132
Lv.100 @ 342

Old 06-29-2008, 01:18 PM
plop9991 Offline
New Trainer

who is Hikari i havnt watched pokemon for a long time , i watched it when he was wit misty,
Old 06-29-2008, 02:01 PM
pikachugirl2 Offline
Elite Trainer

okay japanese name run-down time!

Ash:Satoshi
Pikachu:Pikachu(japanese for electric mouse)
Misty:Kasumi
Brock:Takeshi
May:Haruka
Max:Masato
Dawn:Hikari
Jessie:Musashi
James:Kojiro
Meowth:Nyasu
Paul:Shinji

Don't ask me how i know this.

An Ash Fangirl For LIFE!!! (Also the world's untimate Pikashipper)
Old 06-29-2008, 02:30 PM
plop9991 Offline
New Trainer

thz how you eve know that??

Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Cow_Guy Offline

Old thread, guys. Very old.