Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default VPP Battling

recently i have been thinking of a possible way to Battle VPP, and I may be onto something.

The key to making it work is this. This is a damage calculator.
for it to work you need:
  • Pokemon
  • Level
  • Type
  • Stats
  • Stat Modifiers
  • Attack
  • Weather

The First 3 are easy to input

Stats
When I was researching this, I cause 5 pokemon to level up 10 levels each, and recorded how much the stats increased with each level. The average amount was 7. So the way this will work is that each time your pokemon levels up you can distribute another 7 points between HP, Attack, Sp Attack, Defence, Sp Defence and Speed. Your Pokemon's base stat can be found on Bulbapedia.

For example My current VPP are a pair of Eevee.
its base stats upon hatching at level 5 are:
  • HP: 55
  • Attack: 55
  • Defence: 50
  • Sp Attack: 45
  • Sp Defence: 65
  • Speed: 55

When it levels up to level 6 from posting I can add 7 points in total to these stats:
  • HP: 55+2=57
  • Attack: 55+2=57
  • Defence: 50+0=50
  • Sp Attack: 45+3=48
  • Sp Defence: 65+0=65
  • Speed: 55+1=56

This will happen with each level up, adding to the current total. Upon Evolution, any current stats below the next forms base stats will jump. Eg
When one of my Eevee evolves into Umbreon, its new base stats will be :
  • HP: 95
  • Attack: 65
  • Defence: 110
  • Sp Attack: 60
  • Sp Defence: 130
  • Speed: 65

Any of Eevees stats prior to evolution that are below this base will jump to the base. Any that already pass this base will remain unchanged.

Stat Modifiers
At the beginning of a battle, both Pokemon will have their Attack/Sp Attack and Def/Sp Def and Speed at its regular level.

For Attack/Sp Attack and Defense/Sp Defense:
These stats start at stage 0, which is their regular stat. When my Eevee uses growl on an opponent, its attack is dropped down a stage to -1. This is inputted into the calculator that I linked at the beginning. If the opponent were to use Leer against me, then Eevee's defence is at -1. These are the values put in the calculator.

For Speed: If My Eevee were in a fight, and the oponent used agility, then they would add 10 to their speed stat. Any move that raises speed will add 10 to the speed for the duration of the battle, unless the oponent is switched out. Any Moves that lowers speed will deduct 10 from the speed stat for the duration of the battle, unless the opponent is switched out.

Attacks
The Attack used can be inputted into the calculator. Attacks are catergorised into 3 catergories.
Special: These attacks require the Sp Attack of the User and the Sp Def of the receiver to be inputted into the calculator
Regular: These attacks require the Attack of the user and defense of the receiver into the calculator.
Stat Modifiers: These moves Modify the user or the opponents stats for the duration of the battle or until they are subbed out. Refer to Stat Section for more details.

In the games, attacks like Quick Attack always attack first. Since it would be harder to emulate this over a thread or a PM, the following will happen:

If my Eevee had the lower speed out of the 2 pokemon in the battle, and used quick attack, he would still have his turn second, since my oponent doesn't know that Eevee will be doing this, and will go first.

Eevee will attack second, but NEXT TURN will attack first.

If I can find a way to emulate this better, I will use it, but the whole battling thing is in early stages and is missing some elements.

So as an example Eevee has 70 Speed Vs Pikachu with 80 Speed

The order will be:
Pikachu
Eevee (uses quick attack or other move that always hits first)

Eevee (Attacks first this turn due to quick attack last turn)
Pikachu

Hopefully that made sense.

Weather
Status of the weather can be inputted into the calculator. If a move like Sunny Day or Rain Dance is used, this lasts for 5 turns. after the 5th turn, it does not have any effect.

The actual battle
The Battle begins with both trainers showing the 6 or less of their VPPs that they will be using.

Me

Level 34
Takedown
Bite
Quick Attack
Growl
HP:55
Attack: 55
Defense: 50
Sp Attack: 45
Sp Defense: 65
Speed: 55

Opponent

Level 40
Agility
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Electroball
HP: 35
Attack: 50
Defense: 30
Sp Attack: 50
Sp Defense: 40
Speed: 90

From this, players determine who will go first.

This is all in very early planning, so far I am yet to find out a way to include:
  • Items
  • Evasivness/Accuracy
  • Hail/Sandstorm
  • Major Status' (Burn, Poison, Frozen etc)
  • Minor Status' (Confusion, Love etc)
  • Moves that give user HP (Recover, Absorb, Leech Life)
  • Abilities

How would people feel about something like this. I came up with all of this, because the VPP I have completed are nothing more than trophies at the moment.

Would people get behind this idea if I were to continue working on the system?

Post any questions here, and i will do my best to answer them :)

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru
Default Re: VPP Battling

I would need imput from other VPP staff members but seeing as I'm currently the only active VPP staff...Uh, heh. ^^'

And to be honest, it's a little similar to the URPG and ASB in terms of forum battling...

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Yeah, but it seems fun!

Maybe you could get VPP dollars and once you collect 100 or so, you can buy a free VPP?

1 v 1 - 1 Point
2 v 2 - 2 points
3 v 3 - 3 points
4 v 4 - 6 v 6 - 4 points

And you get to choose your Pokemon, you don't have to buy them!

I think this is a really good idea. O:
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Yeah, but it seems fun!

Maybe you could get VPP dollars and once you collect 100 or so, you can buy a free VPP?

1 v 1 - 1 Point
2 v 2 - 2 points
3 v 3 - 3 points
4 v 4 - 6 v 6 - 4 points

I think this is a really good idea. O:
Uh no. The whole point of the VPP is that it is a posting game. Not a buying your free VPP. Hence why there are post numbers and not VPP dollar amounts. No no no no no no no no.

links
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

You can make some changes, make the VPP a cool original PE2K version. A lot of members have no idea what the VPP is. I've heard of mods and long time members not even knowing what it is. We can modify the VPP. Don't be so closed minded!

And that's A LOT of battles to get a free VPP. 25-100 battles. Make it more, if you so please.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Quote:
You can make some changes, make the VPP a cool original PE2K version. A lot of members have no idea what the VPP is. I've heard of mods and long time members not even knowing what it is. We can modify the VPP. Don't be so closed minded!

And that's A LOT of battles to get a free VPP. 25-100 battles. Make it more, if you so please.
No. That is my final answer on the buying VPP thing. End of discussion. I currently run the VPP and my say goes.

links
Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Yeah, but it seems fun!

1 v 1 - 1 Point
2 v 2 - 2 points
3 v 3 - 3 points
4 v 4 - 6 v 6 - 4 points

I think this is a really good idea.
Nah no free VPP BUT that could work as some sort of currency to get items. We would need to figure out which items are being used, and how. What if we sell TMs cheap? Your pokemons moves are decided from what level they are AND what TMs they have.

The only downside to this is that the battles would have to be public, so people don't lie about how many points they have.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Just want to pop in and say this is really clever. I think the system you came up with is brilliant! I'm not sure how well it will work at the moment since the activity isn't great right now, but it seems like a pretty cool idea!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

It looks like it will work to some degree on pen and paper, but could I get a few "beta testers" who would be willing to battle me via PM?

Banner Made by Me