Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Oxygen Send a message via MSN to Oxygen
Default Re: We Love Music 2 [WLM2]

Name: Politoed
Three favorite genres (subgenres count): Emo Rock, Alt. Rock, Pop
Three favorite artists (one from each genre): 30 Seconds to Mars, The Killers, Coldplay.

I know Coldplay are mostly Alt. Rock, but they have Pop as well, and they class as Pop and Alt. Rock on wikipedia.

...Once known as Politoed...
Shoddy: Oxygenocide (Mod)

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.

Last edited by Oxygen; 08-10-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Name: Alana
Three favorite genres (subgenres count): Metal (No specifics c.c Since I can only name 3 genres), Alternative Rock, Hard Rock. But I will listent to nearly anything.
Three favorite artists (one from each genre): I hate choices. Lacuana Coil, Guns N Roses, Strapping Young Lad. (Random choices off my playlist. :/ I suck at choosing favorites)
Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I'll be editing Members and bands and stuff later tonight. Feel free to begin conversations any time or to submit reviews.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Mitchy, can I submit my Eluveitie review? :3

Old 08-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Name: Dan
Three favorite genres (subgenres count): Metal, Mathcore, Progressive Rock
Three favorite artists (one from each genre): Rush, SiKth, Pink Floyd

That's what I've been listening to recently, it's always changing
Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Mitchy, can I submit my Eluveitie review? :3
Of course you can! I'll edit it in later tonight with updates.

I'll be adding my own reviews including my recent Fear Factory one as it pretty much got ignored in TML.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Album Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion
Band Eluveitie
Year 2009
Genre Folk/Celtic Metal

Tracklist

1) Sacrapos - At First Glance
2) Brictom
3) A Girls Oath
4) The Arcane Dominion
5) Within the Grove
6) The Cauldron of Renascence
7) Nata
8) Omnos
9) Carnutian Forest
10) Dessumiis Luge
11) Gobanno
12) Voveso
13) Memento
14) Ne Ragv Na
15) Sacrapos - The Disparaging Last Gaze

-

Oh my gosh, a new Eluveitie album. Images and sounds of 2008's Slania rush into your head and you think, wow. I can't wait to see what these guys are going to blow my mind with next.

Sadly, 2008's Slania, which is probably a 10-scoring album, has been thrown aside in place of an entirely acoustic, Gaulish-sung, Anna-on-vocals-apart-from-like-one-song folk album that doesn't give any feel of metal at all. I had longed for more songs with Anna on vocals, but I didn't expect this.

A mixture of folk instruments including the bagpipes and a hurdy-gurdy are amongst the beautifully-played on this album, yet the savagly metal electric guitars we heard in Slania are history. In songs such as Omnos you barely notice the lack of it, and as it was released as a single, why would you? However as you listen to Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion, it becomes apparent that pure, raw folk instruments are the only things that have been used. Maybe the guitarist died or something.

The introduction to Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion- Sacrapos - At First Glance- is a spoken intro that tells how a girl steals a man's sanity with a single glance. Perhaps Dani Filth has taken place of the guitarist, because it gives off a very over-the-top gothic feel. The rest of the album is sung entirely in Gaulish, and although it's a beautiful language and they have amazing voices, we need English lyrics too. Songs on Slania such as Inis Mona were growled in English whilst accompanyed by short instrumentals such as Giamonios and Gaulish-sung Slania's Song, and gave all members of the band a chance to show off their talents.

It gives the impression that this new album is some sort of personal effort. Songs such as Memento give the pure Eluveitie feel, but without the guitar. I'm aware I'm repeating this but I need to get it across. Where the hell did the guitar go. It's all very folkish and beautiful, and reminds you of skipping Satyrs and bloody battles and purple lakes and long grass and mountains and what-not, yet if there was another fifteen tracks of songs with the proper instruments, I'd give this album a ten.

Overall, it's an immensely poweful folk effort, and they have played their instruments beautifully as always- there is no denying Eluveitie are very talented. But after the epic achievement of Slania, Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion has risen valiantly, then fallen into the ashes with broken wings.

-

Quality 7.8
A good mixture of acoustic instruments, however the lack of anything vaguely electric means the whole folk thing is very overpowering.

Musicianship 9.7
If something can be said about Eluveitie it's that they are incredibly talented with their instruments. Everything is played beautifully, cleanly, and the fact that it's a whole album with Anna on vocals can't be seen as an entirely bad thing.

Writing 7.2
The introduction to his album gives off a very Cradle-of-Filth'y feel, yet songs such as Omnos are incredibly... shall I say, unusual. Other songs are the typical lyrics about long ago battles and Celtic homelands, with the slightly depressing feel to them- which is what Eluveitie should be. However, it lacks any English vocals whatsoever.

Ingenuity 9.9
Beautiful, as always. Eluveitie give off a mystical feel, and their music is incredibly unique and well played. They lead the way for folk metal of today- but let's hope bands don't follow them too closely. A whole acoustic album is a no-no.

Overall 7.0
Eluveitie are unique and lead the way for the wave of new folk metal, sure. But this album has been an immense disappointment both to myself and other fans. Hopefully the next album- probably named Evocation II: The Arcane Dominion- will have at least one electric instrument.
I feel bad about that review because I now adore the album. You just have to listen to it about six times before realising it's actually good.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
I feel bad about that review because I now adore the album. You just have to listen to it about six times before realising it's actually good.
The only song I really liked on that album was Omnos. The rest just had me thinking, wait, is this really Eluveitie? I think you pretty much nailed it with that review, actually.

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."

Last edited by Woodchuck; 08-10-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Memento =/= Omnos
Old 08-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Tombi Offline

Yes, but have you listened to it at least six times?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Quote:
Yes, but have you listened to it at least six times?
Nope. And I actually meant to say Omnos. I didn't care for Memento, but it stuck in my head from reading your review. x3

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Tombi Offline

Listen to it at least six times. I basically hated it when I first downloa- ... uh... bought it.

>> << >> << >> << >> << >> << >>

But now I love it. :'D My Top 25 Most Played on iTunes has all of the Evocation songs on it because I put the album on repeat and refused to stop until I loved it. ;_____;

It worked.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Quote:
Listen to it at least six times. I basically hated it when I first downloa- ... uh... bought it.

>> << >> << >> << >> << >> << >>

But now I love it. :'D My Top 25 Most Played on iTunes has all of the Evocation songs on it because I put the album on repeat and refused to stop until I loved it. ;_____;

It worked.
xD

Unfortunately, I'm not quite that dedicated to them. I prefer to just move on and listen to something else. Or I just head back to Slania and listen to that. I'm sure I would love it if I listened to it multiple times, but chances are, I won't.

-Jake-

Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Tombi Offline

oh u.

Well I'm addicted to them, so I can't help it. Also my mum likes them. :D

She also likes Finntroll which scared the HECK out of me. o____o

She's coming to see them live, too. I place a bet on her lasting a couple of minutes. Any advances?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Quote:
She's coming to see them live, too. I place a bet on her lasting a couple of minutes. Any advances?
I say five. Maybe ten.

I wish my mom liked my music. >_>

-Jake-

Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Quote:
Album Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion
That's Enya's best album yet.

Closed Thread