Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
kingofboos23432 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to kingofboos23432
Default Re: *Enter the 5th Dimension!* *T.5.D.* *Open!* (15/18) JOIN THE AWESOMENESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Master View Post
OMG that's the Best Banner I've ever seen and it has my Favorite pokemon*hugs you*
No problem *goes to make smaller*

Fc Platinum-0732-1189-3493 Shoddy: Username Kingofboos
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: *Enter the 5th Dimension!* *T.5.D.* *Open!* (15/18) JOIN THE AWESOMENESS

I made a team on DIamond/peral team builder but i have no clue how to ev train and what to train them in once i get them

Diamond:
FC:1850 0932 7517
Name:Demon

Pearl:
FC:1377 6442 4217
Name:Naruto
Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 PM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

I wouldnt mind a banner O.o

something like an umbreon that has its stripes glowing with a moon somewhere would be nice. with like a whole memory feel to it. im pretty bad at describing lawl. same size as my current one please

or something with a snorunt

also is there like a special online thing for them or just photoshop??

and charizard master, if you get shoddy right now you can just plug in your team and i can try you out.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

i forget what shoddy is

Diamond:

Pearl:
Old 08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

its like a program on the computer where you say 'digitally create' your pokemon. their evs, ivs, nature, and legal move for that poke can all be accessed, along with all the actually useful items.

you just have to go by the tiers. as long as you dont use like rayquaza, deoxys, arceus, and the like, you should be fine with OU
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think i'll stay with wi-fi

Diamond:

Pearl:
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Dark Abyss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dark Abyss Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Abyss

Quote:
I think i'll stay with wi-fi
Hi clan. Welcome new member. I'll get us some userbars soon. I think we should have a war. Voting? I'd say TEC.

Join my site that can be found here http://pokemonmysidia.com/forum/index.php
Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thanks,I say sure-will not be in the war because will have to figure out how to EV train and get some pokes for the team he may make-

Diamond:

Pearl:
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Dark Abyss Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Thanks,I say sure-will not be in the war because will have to figure out how to EV train and get some pokes for the team he may make-
You'll have to learn. Look up some guides. It's pretty easy.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I have and I just get more confused

Diamond:

Pearl:
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Dark Abyss Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
I have and I just get more confused
What gets you confused?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:15 AM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

ill do the ev training explanation....

OK as we all know... Pokemon are different. For right now, lets focus on base stats. Why does Gengar have high Special Attack yet Gyarados' is so low? Because they have different base stats. Base stats are calculated as such at lvl 100.

(Stat @ level 100 - 5 - EVSB) /2 = Base Stat. This number influences the amount the stat goes up every level. This formula does NOT work when you have put in effort value stat bonus (EVSB) unless you subtract them first. Now that that is done...

Each pokemon, along with being different, gives off an EV upon being KOed. Gengar gives 3 Special Attack EVs upon being KOed. Why is this? This is mainly because Gengar has extremely high Special Attack (THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR ALL POKEMON, SO I SUGGEST YOU LOOK UP WHICH EVS SOME POKEMON GIVE YOU). Ok so your Alakazam just killed a wild Gastly. You get 1 Special Attack EV. That just dandy!!! but.... What do EV's do??? Well. Once you reach level 100, every 4 evs you have for a stat magical transform into an extra stat point.

Wait are you saying my Alakazam can have 234565432 Special Attack? Well, no. Sadly, yet fairly, each pokemon can only acquire a total of 510 EV's. Do the calculations.... Thats 127 Stat points!!!! So wait... My alakazam can have 433 Special Attack??? Again, no. There is a EV cap of 255 for each Stat, in combination with the 510 overall. So your alakazam can only achieve 369 (lets say its timid so my calculations are easier)

How do i get started? Well first off, a lot of battle tower. Why? Well if you get EV's of a stat you do not wish to have, they are very difficult to get rid of. So you want to get your EV training done as soon as you hatch that egg/catch that pokemon. Note, dont level a hatched pokemon with an ExpShare as it transfers over half the EVs from the battle as well. Just stick it in the daycare till level 10 or so. Then go kill 510 pokes corresponding to the EVs you want.....

JUST KIDDING. There are items to help you on your quest of EV training. These items include the 'Power' items and the macho brace. The Power items can be obtained by trading in 16 battle points at the battle frontier shop place. This may take a while. It made me really annoyed (gotta hate that tower champ, i have pearl) ANYWAYS.

What do these miraculous items do? Well each of them correspond to a certain stat. Bracer goes to Attack, Lens goes to Special Attack, Anklet goes to Speed.... I forget the others, but you can look them up. So. Say your Alakazam has a Power Lens equiped when it kills the gastly. It gets 5 Special Attack EVs as opposed to 1. The Power items add 4 EVs to the corresponding stat!!!! Note, they do not x5 it. A Gengar still only gives you 7 EVs, not 15. This severely cuts down on training time, so you should get the three I mentioned and the hp one AT LEAST, as they are the most useful. I have all but one but im WAY too lazy to get the last one which is of little importance to me.

So lets say your Alakazam is done EV training for Special Attack, and you wanna move on to Speed, its next highest stat. First you equip you Power Anklet. And go kill some starlys. They only give 1 EV (but 5 with the anklet!) Lets say you lost count. How do i figure out if my Alakazam is done EV training? Well. Fly to the Pokemon Center in the town where the eight gym leader is. Go up and you'll see the place where they sell seals. Go in there and talk to the lady, with your alakazam first in the party. If your done EV training, she will give your Alakazam an Effort Ribbon. If not, she will say you need to work a little bit harder. I always get the Effort Ribbon as a little insurance. Note this techinique will only work if you wantt o know if he is maxed out in EVs OVERALL, not in one particular stat.

Phew thats a lot of work... Any easier methods? Yes. Yes there is. So. You know the vitamins? Protiens, Calciums, Carbos, etc. Well the give your poke 10 EVs, providing your poke isnt maxed out and doesnt have 100 of that EV yet. So if you use them as soon as you catch the poke, you reduce your training time by 40%!!! And if that wasn't good enough, theres another way! If you pokemon carries/carried a disease known as PKRS, it gains DOUBLE EVs for each poke it KOes! So lets say your Alakazam has PKRS and a Power Anklet. He kills one Starly. He gets a whopping 10 EVs! What the best part of PKRS? You can pass it to your other pokemon as long as they are in the party with the pokemon that has it. But eventually PKRS will go away and will be replaced by a smiley face. A Pokemon with this still recieves double EVs, but cant pass it on. To prevent PKRS from going away, keep the Pokemon with it in your PC. Pokemon cannot spread or dissapear there.

There we go, I think thats everything. I'll now tell you where i train for each stat (really low level places)

Attack - Above Oreborough. Kill Machops.
Special Attack - Old Chatuae. Kill anything.
Speed - Above Sandgem. Kill Starlys.
HP - Above Sandgem. Kill Bidoofs.
Defense - Above Oreborough. Kill Geodudes.
Special Defense - IDK

If anyone has anything to add or critique tell me. And you guys can share ev training spots with me too.

- O_man0
Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

ok i'm don't understand any thing and i'm not really good at it,tried to once but sucked.I have no clue what stats evey pokemon should be in so i just going use this team my friend gave me

Diamond:

Pearl:
Old 08-28-2009, 12:56 AM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

NOOOO. The point of pokemon is to battle with a team you created!!! (or generated in my case)

Most pokemon should have what their best stat is. Pokemon.marriland.com can help you out. Go to the dex and look at the base stats.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Charizard Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

ok i looked at it and then at the pokemon the stats it shows confuses me,might as well just stick with this team

Diamond:

Pearl:

Last edited by Charizard Master; 08-28-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Closed Thread