Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
CONGRATS MARTH! :D :D *takes the Hunter out* :D
Spoiler:

The Hunter may be fun in WoW, but in Left 4 Dead, he's a real jerk. :< Congratulations Marth.

I would love to have monthly events. More events = more stoofs.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Dragoness Offline

Wink Re: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

In a move to make things more realistic and balanced, we have decided to move some Pokemon from their current locations. For those who have already started their RP/got their rolls done, this doesn't effect you.

Dodou/Drio to (Botanic) Garden
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey to Garden
Spearow/Fearow to Outer Heaven
Sentret/Furret, Zigzagoon/Linoone to Garden
Snorlax to Garden
Dunsparce to (Mount) Deckbi
Munch/Snorlax, Rig to Garden
Solrock/Luna to Meteor Valley
Clef/Fairy/Fable to Valley
Ditto to (Abandoned Power) Plant
Relicanth to The Great Lakes
Dragonair to Lakes
Togepi to Garden
Togetic/Kiss to Outer Heaven
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebell to the Woods
Skitty/Delcatty to Botanic Garden

Last edited by Dragoness; 10-14-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

You no longer need to do a reroll if the Trainer uses a PokeDoll.

*Explodes from so much editing and stuff today.*

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-16-2009, 08:15 AM
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to kokovo

With the recommended hm's for certain areas, you don't need them do you?

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokovo View Post
With the recommended hm's for certain areas, you don't need them do you?
no, you don't have to have them, although it is advised, as they tend to make it easier for you to overcome obstacles, were you to find any.

It doesn't mean, however, that you can't find other ways to obtain a similiar effect to the HM in question.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Okay, I was talking to DG, and I've come to the conclusion that from now on, Wild Pokemon are officially allowed to use TM/HM/BM/MT/SM moves. After all, it's perfectly plausible that people come to the island to release their Pokemon. Those Pokemon, with their special moves, pass on those moves to their children, and then the children pass them on, and so on and so forth.

Also:

[13:39] TTar Trainer: Because sometimes a Mon's natural movepool is just too damn small

This gives Rangers more leeway in being creative with what the Wild Pokemon does, and also gives them more flexibility when it comes to rewarding or punishing a Trainer for good (or bad) effort and actions.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Okay, I was talking to DG, and I've come to the conclusion that from now on, Wild Pokemon are officially allowed to use TM/HM/BM/MT/SM moves. After all, it's perfectly plausible that people come to the island to release their Pokemon. Those Pokemon, with their special moves, pass on those moves to their children, and then the children pass them on, and so on and so forth.

Also:

[13:39] TTar Trainer: Because sometimes a Mon's natural movepool is just too damn small

This gives Rangers more leeway in being creative with what the Wild Pokemon does, and also gives them more flexibility when it comes to rewarding or punishing a Trainer for good (or bad) effort and actions.
I don't know...I really loved the idea of annoying the trainer out of their minds with an Abra that could only use Teleport...I can still do that, but it's not the same when Abra has too many moves and I'm just choosing Teleport...

After all, creativity is more than having a bunch of things to choose from and using them in a flashy way. It can be doing a bunch of unique things with the limited selection you already have.

Also...umm...Isn't it unfair that wild Pokemon can have all those moves while trainers can only use the ones they bought? Then there's the fact that the Pokemom loses said moves if captured...*sigh* I always find stuffs like this when ever I miss even a single Staff meeting...^^;

Last edited by Eraizaa-kun; 10-17-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
I don't know...I really loved the idea of annoying the trainer out of their minds with an Abra that could only use Teleport...I can still do that, but it's not the same when Abra has too many moves and I'm just choosing Teleport...

After all, creativity is more than having a bunch of things to choose from and using them in a flashy way. It can be doing a bunch of unique things with the limited selection you already have.

Also...umm...Isn't it unfair that wild Pokemon can have all those moves while trainers can only use the ones they bought? Then there's the fact that the Pokemom loses said moves if captured...*sigh* I always find stuffs like this when ever I miss even a single Staff meeting...^^;
A ranger doesn't have to use all the TMs a Pokemon can learn, of course. Good judgment will be needed and in certain situations it can be a real help.

If a Wild Pokemon uses a TM move, will it keep the TM when a person captures it? I doubt it, but I was asked that question a minute ago...

Last edited by Dragoness; 10-17-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:28 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
A ranger doesn't have to use all the TMs a Pokemon can learn, of course. Good judgment will be needed and in certain situations it can be a real help.

If a Wild Pokemon uses a TM move, will it keep the TM when a person captures it? I doubt it, but I was asked that question a minute ago...
no, the Pokemon won't retain the move after getting caught. Which doesn't make a lot of sense if you think about it, but why bother? After all the ranger makes the rules, isn't it?

@Eli: while an Abra only using Teleport can be annoying, it's not that effective as you want to believe.

To wit: The opponent uses Taunt! Abra is left lying helplessly on the floor with nothing to do!

How do you solve that? By making Abra Struggle? That doesn't sound too creative.

Also, creativity is about variety too. Using always the same move to get the same effects isn't that good in the long run, it gets boring. I would know, I had to use an Abra with only Teleport- and it was becoming difficult to make Abra do things, let alone damage, to the opponent. In the end I let it die because the trainer couldn't come up with a simple combo to stop Abra from teleporting long enough to attack.

We aren't forcing you to use TMs for wild Pokemon. We're just giving the option to other rangers.

Also, this wasn't discussed in a meeting, but was all about a Ranger test I had to send to Iridium as he passed the quiz.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Witching Hour

So like, go join, and stuff.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Moar double posting!

As of now, Rangers no longer have to keep track of Trainer money. I talked to Mike about some ideas and stuff, and it was agreed that it's easier and better to just go on good faith.

Also, Special Maps are going to be moved from Ranger Items to normal Shop Items. This makes one less thing for Rangers to have to reroll, since if you buy a Map before you go in, they can roll for Special Mon right off the bat, and if you don't, they don't have to worry about a reroll for it later.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Yesterday night Iridium passed his Ranger test. Congratulate with him.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Yesterday night Iridium passed his Ranger test. Congratulate with him.
Congrats! :D *looks around wildly for cream pie to smash in face* Oh, I just ate my last pie...oh well, the pie-in-face lost its novelty years ago.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Keion Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keion

Can we rewrite or add something in our SU's in any case we forgot something to put onto it?

~Medz~
Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Congrats Poke-person! *Throws lukewarm tar over you and covers you in old smelly chicken feathers.* No go out 'n' spread the gospel, yo!

@ Medz: Yes, but make sure you post here listing what it is you're editing so we know and everything.

EDIT: I just realized that my new name, coupled with my avvy and sig, is going to make MORE people think I'm a dude than before >>.

^Rock Musical Bleach^