Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan
Default I want a friggin Surfing Pikachu :c

Edit: adlksafjdsalkfds i won 8D
and i got the surfing pikachu

confirmation: you don't need to use pikachu in all battles, just the final one. you also can use continues, which is sweeeet.
--------------------
Okay guys, lol, I decided to come to you for help after picking up my Pokemon Stadium and Yellow again. I haven't been here in a while too, so hi aswell. 8D

So, my trouble here is, I can't get a freaking Surfing Pikachu.

I beat the R-2 Masterball Prime Cup round, all eight battles, with my Pokemon Yellow Pikachu in my team. Now the thing is, I did not get the Surf reward at the end. I was told by a few people that you didn't need to use Pikachu in all eight battles (just the final one) and that you could use your continues, yeah. I saw vids, etc. blah, that crap. And so, I didn't use Pikachu until the last round, and the last one is where I used multiple continues to keep going on.

I also placed a Rental Exeggutor in my team, although I never actually used it in battle. I was wondering if this was the cause of the problem.. I fail reading comprehension, so I missed the part in the directions that said pick your pokes from your cartridge. I really have no idea if Rentals affect whether you get the Surfing Pika or not, but yeah..

Help, lol? Also, someone who has gotten the Surfing Pikachu before, please help, I think you guys are pretty reliable seeing as you've done the whole mambo jambo before. I've gotten enough of those copy and pasted directions from everywhere. It doesn't really answer my question.. :/

Although I know it's possible that I could've been totally wrong about the continue, etc. stuff, but who knows. DX Sorry for the long post, lol.

also, derp i'm an idiot
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold

Last edited by Flan; 08-27-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: I want a friggin Surfing Pikachu :c

(IMPORTANT: You cannot use rental Pokemon and you cannot use a registered team. The game will let you, but you can't win a Surfing Pikachu that way. All 6 Pokemon need to come from the Transfer Pak containing your Pokemon Yellow Cartridge).

Now, for every single battle, you need to select Pikachu as one of the 3 Pokemon you take with you into battle. You don't need to actually use him to fight at all, but you need to select him as one of your 3.

Taken directy from; http://faqs.ign.com/articles/588/588815p1.html.

You CAN use continues.

Hope it helps some. =o
Old 08-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Flan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
(IMPORTANT: You cannot use rental Pokemon and you cannot use a registered team. The game will let you, but you can't win a Surfing Pikachu that way. All 6 Pokemon need to come from the Transfer Pak containing your Pokemon Yellow Cartridge).

Now, for every single battle, you need to select Pikachu as one of the 3 Pokemon you take with you into battle. You don't need to actually use him to fight at all, but you need to select him as one of your 3.

Taken directy from; http://faqs.ign.com/articles/588/588815p1.html.

You CAN use continues.

Hope it helps some. =o
Eh, that would explain some part of it, lol.
That helps a lot though, so thanks. xD Looks like I'm just going to use my Mewtwo and Mew + Pikachu for this one then..

Thank God for continues..

Edit: adlksafjdsalkfds i won 8D
and i got the surfing pikachu

confirmation: you don't need to use pikachu in all battles, just the final one. you also can use continues, which is sweeeet.

Last edited by Flan; 08-27-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Awesome, congrats!
I've always wanted to do this. =o Maybe I'll give it a shot!

So when you say you only need to use Pikachu in the final battle, you mean you only need to pick it in your team of 3 for the final one, or you only need to actually send it out? =]
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Awesome, congrats!

So when you say you only need to use Pikachu in the final battle, you mean you only need to pick it in your team of 3 for the final one, or you only need to actually send it out? =]
The article I posted earlier states;

"Now, for every single battle, you need to select Pikachu as one of the 3 Pokemon you take with you into battle. You don't need to actually use him to fight at all, but you need to select him as one of your 3."

So you don't have to have him fight in any battles, as long as the other conditions are met. =D
Old 09-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Flan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Awesome, congrats!

Actually, you only need to have him in your team for the final battle. So that means you can fight with any three Pokes you want until the last battle, where you have to have Pikachu in your team.

Most of the directions are a pile of crap, basically, since you don't really need to fulfill all of the conditions they list. They just restrict you from being able to fight at your best IMO.

Last edited by Flan; 09-05-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
The article I posted earlier states;

"Now, for every single battle, you need to select Pikachu as one of the 3 Pokemon you take with you into battle. You don't need to actually use him to fight at all, but you need to select him as one of your 3."

So you don't have to have him fight in any battles, as long as the other conditions are met. =D
Thanks for your help. ^^ I was aware of the details, it's just that Flan said something that contradicts most FAQs/guides and I just wanted to confirm before I tried. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flan View Post
Actually, you only need to have him in your team for the final battle. So that means you can fight with any three Pokes you want until the last battle, where you have to have Pikachu in your team.

Most of the directions are a pile of crap, basically, since you don't really need to fulfill all of the conditions they list. They just restrict you from being able to fight at your best IMO.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. ^^
Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

So how do u get a surfing Pikachu on Platinum?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post
So how do u get a surfing Pikachu on Platinum?
You can get one from Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
You can get one from Pokemon Battle Revolution.
And how do i do that?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Royal_Nidoking Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post
And how do i do that?
Something to do with beating it and getting a present from the receptionist. All I remember, sorry. :/
Old 12-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

A new surfing pikachu and flying pikachu event will occur as an event for the pokewalker after the release of heart gold and soul silver, but I suppose this is slightly irrelevant.