Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default The Fruit Vampires |Ready to be Regraded|

The Fruit Vampires

Author's Note: This is my second story. I had started on it awhile back, but never got the chance to finish it... so this is it.
Earlier that day:

“Excuse me Sir… the entire farmer community has agreed that you are a great investigator!” A man in blue denim overalls and a long white beard stated. His overalls appeared to be a little too big for him. He had a blue cap on and a cigar in his mouth. The cap was more than likely there to cover his baldness. “Can you help us?” The farmer extended his right hand, hoping that I would accept to help him and the other farmers with their problem.

“The name is Axel… and I would definitely be interested in helping you out with your problem.” I was a bit confused on the matter, but figured that I would give it a shot. I met my hand with his and agreed to take on whatever they needed me too.

“The farmers in this town gathered together last night and had a meeting.” He began to explain, blowing a puff of smoke into the air. “We need help catching the Fruit Vampire.”

“Fruit Vampire?” I asked curiously, trying not to inhale the smoke because it gave me headaches. Shadow raised his left eyebrow. I saw that this also caught Shadows attention. “What in the world is a Fruit Vampire?”

“We’re not sure?” He shrugged, fixing his blue cap. “That’s where you come in. You see, this whole week some of our fruit has been stolen in the night from our plantations. Then, in the morning when the kids go to the lake to play, they come running home telling us the fruit is by the lake.”

“So you found it?” I asked impatiently.

“Not exactly.” He continued. “You see, the food that was found in the morning was sucked dry. As if something sucked the life out of it… or in this case they had sucked all the juice out of it. Not only that, it appeared that after it sucked all the juice out of the fruit, it would eat the fruit. It seemed that that’s the only way it would eat the fruit. We’ve tried leaving some of our farmers and their Pokémon out to stand guard, but they fall asleep since they have been working all day long. None of us can afford to miss a day of work.”

I scratched my head, not knowing what to say. I guess it would not hurt to look around and see if I can catch this Fruit Vampire creature. I thought to myself.

“Okay, I’ll get started on that right away.” I said, remembering all the key details. Shadow and I departed from the farmer and headed towards the lake area in hope of some answers. This was indeed an interesting case. I had only walked a couple of yards before I heard the farmer yell after me.

“HEY!” The farmer shouted running up to me. I turned around and looked at him, wondering what he forgot to mention to me. “I almost forgot. Here’s two of the fruit that was found this morning.” The farmer said, handing it to me and quickly walked away.

I quickly identified it as a Sitrus berry. I knew it was because of its yellow color and green spots. It was also a little lumpy on the right side and was slightly heavy. The color of the second fruit was a dull yellow color with yellow green spots. It was also a Sitrus berry, but this one had no color to it. I knew instantly that this one was one of the drained fruit the famer was speaking of a few minutes ago.

I examined the Sitrus berry. It had two holes near the top of it. Just as the farmer had stated earlier. In the sun, it was a ghostly white color, sort of looked eerie. I walked over to a fir tree and sat underneath it. I placed one of the Sitrus berries on my lap for Shadow to examine. I brought the other Sitrus berry closer to my face. I pulled out my small grey pocket knife and cut a small piece of the Sitrus berry. It was completely dry. Not even one drop of liquid came out of the berry. I ate a piece of the berry and chewed for a little bit. It was as dry as it looked. It had no flavor whatsoever. I gave a small piece for Shadow to taste as well, but he spit it out after a few seconds of chewing it.

“Houndour?” He gagged, sticking his light grey tongue out. The small black hair on his back stood up.

“I don’t know who or what would eat this fruit dry,” I responded, ”but whatever it is, we’re going to catch them. I have just the plan…”

Currently Occurring:

The moon was shining bright in the sky. The moon’s dark grey color matched Shadow’s eye color. The moon was quite beautiful. The way the clouds layered themselves around it and the fact that it was a full moon. I always like full moons and the way they looked. The smell of fresh ripe food was in the air. It was coming from the pile of fruit that Shadow and I had stacked in a pile. Shadow and I were lying on the ground waiting for the Fruit Vampire to show up. So far nothing was happening and half of the night had already passed.

I could see that Shadow was bored. He was balancing one on his white skull that covered his head. He then butted the fruit into the air and caught it in his mouth and ate it. He continued doing this, burning a few with his flames.

It was really quiet. Not a sound could be heard. Every now and then Shadow would lift his ears and look around, scanning the area. Then he sniffed the air and went back to playing with the fruit he had near him. It was one of the things I loved about Shadow, his great sense of smell and his excellent hearing. Then again, most Houndour and Houndoom had an incredible sense of smell and their hearing was extraordinary. This is what made Houndour an excellent partner in my investigations, that and his amazing personality which was similar to mine.

We had scattered fruit all over the ground earlier in the night, hoping that the Fruit Vampires would show up. I concluded earlier that it was not just one individual that was partaking in this incident, but two. They obviously worked together in stealing the fruit. Both of them would find the fruit. One of them obviously liked the juice and sucked it out of the fruit. It more than likely did not care for the fruit, because it would’ve just eaten the fruit whole rather than sucking the juice out of it.

The other individual would wait for the first culprit to finish sucking the juice out of the fruit, and then begin consuming the fruit. It was only interested in the dry fruit. It was a win - win situation for both of individuals. It was really obvious why they stole the fruit. They did it simply because they enjoyed eating it. They apparently needed each other, one to suck the juice and the other to finish the job and get rid of the fruit.

Shadow lifted his head and his ears shot up. He examined the area carefully again as he had several times before. This time however, I heard it too. It was a flapping sound coming from the tree near the fruit.

“Looks like the Fruit Vampire is here!” I whispered excitedly to Shadow. Shadow nodded his head and grinned. “It’s show time!” We slowly and quietly crawled towards the flapping sound. As we got closer I saw where the flapping noise was coming from.

“Pid, Pidgey!” A small wild Pidgey shrieked. The small bird Pokémon appeared to be in pain. I knew right then and there that it was not one of the Fruit Vampire duos. It did not have fangs to suck the juice with and it had no teeth to leave any marks that matched the one from the fruit.

“False alarm!” I whispered to Shadow. Shadow slumped to the ground, putting one of his paws on his head. “Don’t worry buddy, we’ll find those bandits.” We started crawling back to where we started when we heard another flapping sound.

“Grrrr!” Shadow began growling softly, covering its ears.

“It’s probably just another Pidgey.” I argued. Then I heard it. It was a loud screeching sound, almost inaudible to the human ear. Pokémon however were not so lucky. Shadow shook his head and pointed towards the fruit, keeping one paw over his right ear.

I turned my head around and saw two completely different Pokémon next to the fruit. One was a Zubat. It was using its Screech Attack to scare away the Pidgey. It was a darker blue color than any Zubat I have seen. Also its wings appeared to be a brown or black color. I could not tell because of the lighting. What I did see was its large fangs. It fit the M.O. that we were looking for.

I waited for its partner to reveal itself. The only thing I could see, which was not too clear, was its tails. It had more than one tail. I was not quite sure how many, but it was definitely more than one. My first assumption was that it was a Vulpix or a Ninetails. It was the only Pokémon that I could think of with multiple tails.

The Zubat sunk one of its fangs into the fruit and lifted the fruit into the air. Shadow was ready to move in.

“Let’s wait to see what it does first.” I stated. Hoping it would begin sucking the fruit dry; however, that was not the case. It tossed the fruit into a bag that its partner was holding. The second Pokémon moved closer and I saw what it was. It was a Buizel. I would have never guessed. The Buizel kept looking around nervously. Its orange coat had several dark red orange spots. They were small in diameter and hardly noticeable.

After a while, it began to help the Zubat fill the bag with fruit. It did not take long for them to fill the bag. Once filled, the Buizel dragged the bag northward. I thought about where they were going, and then it hit me. North was where the lake was located. That’s where they were headed.

“The lake.” I whispered to Shadow. He had caught on as well and nodded. We followed the two to the lake, making sure to keep our distance to avoid being seen by them. Arriving at the lake, we embedded ourselves with leaves and such to remain hidden.

We observed the behavior of the Pokémon. They both appeared to be happy and hungry. The Buizel reached into the bag and pulled out its first fruit. It was a Pecha Berry, at least from what I could see. It was not clear, but way it was shaped in a cone and the three pieces of leaves sticking out of the top made me believe it was a Pecha Berry. It dipped it in the water and cleaned it off, then held it up in the air. The Zubat then landed on its head and sank two of its fangs into the fruit and began sucking the juice out of the fruit.

“There it is,” I whispered anxiously. “We’re catching them in the act!” Shadow grinned and moved closer, waiting for my command. I turned back towards the pair.

Zubat had finished draining the fruit and removed its fang from the fruit. I could see the berry and it was the ghostly white color as the fruit from earlier. It remained on the Buizel’s head. The orange culprit seemed content with the fruit and took a bite out of it. An enormous smile formed on the orange weasel’s face. It was enjoying the drained, juiceless fruit. Buizel opened its mouth wide and tossed the rest of the fruit in its mouth. It then reached its orange paw into the bag and pulled out another fruit. This one was a Greppa berry, but I was guessing since I could see small details o. Buizel raised its arm again and Zubat began draining the fruit of its juicy goodness.

“Let’s let them fill up before we attack.” I suggested. “That way they’ll be easier to take down.” Shadow nodded his head in agreement. We waited for several minutes. They were still at it. Shadow sighed and looked at me. I just shrugged and closed my eyes, accidentally falling asleep. I laid on the cold ground asleep for about thirty minutes before Shadow woke me up.

He nudged my head playfully and bit my arm softly. I woke up, about to scream. Shadow placed his paw over my mouth. I calmed myself down and realized that I had fallen asleep.

Shadow growled quietly and pointed towards the Zubat and the Buizel. I looked over to them and saw that the bag was empty. They were on their last fruit.

“This is it!” I said quietly to Shadow. “Let’s do this.”

We both jumped up from the debris that we were hiding under. “STOP RIGHT THERE.” I shouted.

The Buizel screamed in terror and lost its balance, falling to the ground.

The Zubat was knocked off the Buizel’s head, dropping the fruit it had in its mouth.

“We caught you guys red-handed.”

The Buizel rose to its feet and shot a Water Gun attack towards Shadow. The Buizel was moving slowly, just as I had planned.

The Zubat appeared to be flapping its wings harder than it was earlier.

Shadow did not waste any time. He quickly launched his Flamethrower on both the Pokémon, engulfing them both. Buizel managed to get a Water Gun going and stopped the Flamethrower from doing anymore damage. The Zubat’s legs were burned.
The Buizel moved in front of the Zubat, protecting it. It moved closer towards us.

The orange Pokémon jumped into the air and slashed its tail out in our direction. Bright yellow stars formed and came hurdling in Shadows direction. This attack was surprisingly faster than the last attack it had thrown at us. Shadow was hit by the Swift Attack. Shadow flinched a little then jumped into the air.

“Shadow, use Smog on Buizel.” I shouted. I knew it was not going to affect Zubat much.

Shadow glided over the Buizel, covering it with grayish black smog. The Buizel spun its tail fast, creating small winds that blew the smog away in attempt to counter it, however the Buizel did intake some of the smog and got poisoned. It knelt down on one knee and grasped its stomach.

Shadow ran pass the Buizel and back in front of me. The orange weasel lifted its head and launched another Water Gun attack at Shadow.

Shadow tried to move out of the way, but underestimated Buizel’s power and got hit by it. Shadow howled loudly and yelped in pain. Shadow shot small embers on the ground, causing a small fire to be created. He was attempting to remove the water from its body. Shadow glared at the Buizel.

I knew Shadow was at a disadvantage, but that did not stop us before. Shadow stood up tall and jumped into the air again. It was going to attempt to use Smog again on the Buizel. The smog poured out of Shadows mouth and all over the Buizel. The water Pokémon once again raised its tail and began spinning it.

“Now, use Crunch!” I yelled. Shadow dove in aiming for Buizel’s tail. Shadow opened its mouth and crunched down on the wild Buizel’s tail.

The Buizel jumped up crying in pain. It tried to run away, but Shadow held on tight. He pulled hard on its tail and slammed it on the ground. The Buizel remained motionless on the ground. Shadow looked over towards the Zubat, who was now moving a bit faster.

What Shadow did not see was that the Buizel was down, but not out. Buizel launched another Swift Attack, and then projected itself in an Aqua Jet attack.

“Behind you!” I yelled. “Watch out!” Shadow turned around and tried to dodge it.

Shadow was hit badly and knocked aside. The orange water type weasel was moving too fast and did not see the tree in front of him, crashing hard into it. The Buizel grabbed its head as it stood up. It then grabbed its stomach. It appeared to have a stomach ache from eating too much then moving around too fast. It slumped to the floor and continued to grasp its stomach.

The Zubat flew towards Shadow and used its Screech attack from earlier. A loud piercing sound filled the air. I fell to my knees and covered my ears. Shadow had his elbow part of his arm on the ground and covered his ears with his paws and squinting his eyes, trying to keep them on the Zubat.

The Zubat came down towards Shadow, its wings a bright whitish blue color. It was using Wing Attack.

Shadow couldn’t see clearly and began shooting his Flamethrower attack wildly. The Zubat tried to move out of the way, but Shadow’s Flamethrower attack was unpredictable.

The bat Pokémon flew magnificently through the flames, dodging them gracefully. He bit down hard on Shadows back.

Shadow began thrashing around, the way a Tauros would during a bull ride. Shadow finally managed to throw Zubat off of its back, but fell to the ground.

“Here Shadow, catch!” I called out to him, tossing the good Sitrus berry from earlier towards Shadow.

Shadow caught it in his mouth and chewed it. He rose to his feet and was ready for more action.
The blue Pokémon struggled to remain airborne. It flapped its wings and sent a flashing colorful light that was blinding towards Shadow.

Shadow tried to move out of the way, but the light was too bright and he could not see where the light was coming from. The ray of light hit Shadow. He began wobbling around, walking in a carefree manner.

“Shadow, use Flamethrower.” I ordered. He opened his mouth and formed a stream of flames that was wildly out of control. The Zubat flew in towards Shadow. The bat Pokémon lowered its fangs. The fangs glowed a greenish color, which meant it was attempting to use Leech Life. The Zubat dove towards Shadow, but was hit by the Flamethrower.

The dark blue and black Pokémon began falling to the ground. Shadow shook its head. The Confuse Ray was wearing off. The small dog like Pokémon launched itself towards the falling Zubat. Shadow’s mouth was covered in fire as and bit down on its wing. The Zubat cried in pain and then was silenced. Shadow slumped to the ground. He was exhausted from all this battling. I ran to his side.

“You okay partner?” I asked, my voice filled with concern. Shadow nodded weakly. The small bat Pokémon was down on the floor as well.

I saw the Buizel get up and walk over to the Zubat. The water weasel appeared to care for the Zubat, after all they were partners. I picked up Shadow. He was breathing heavily and I could feel his heart racing. I walked over to the Zubat and I picked it up. All four of us were exhausted.

“You caught them!?” A voice said happily from behind. It was that farmer from earlier today. He was smoking another cigar.

“Not entirely I said!” I stated, yawning. I could feel my eye lids getting heavier. I turned towards the Buizel and Zubat. “You guys want to come with me?”

They both looked at each other and shrugged. “Bui Bui!” Buizel exclaimed weakly. It appeared to want to come with me. Its partner however was not entirely sure. Zubat looked back at Buizel for a moment, and then nodded its head.

“Zuubat!” It cried happily, flapping its wings slowly.

“Then it’s settled.” I acknowledged. I took out two Pokeballs and touched their heads lightly. A bright red light came out of the Pokeball and swallowed them into the Pokeball.

“Now I have caught them.” I said grinning.

“Thank you,” The farmer thanked. “I can’t pay you, but I can provide you with a place to rest up and a meal to eat.”

“It is okay, a place to rest sounds better than money anyways.” I said gratefully. I placed my hand over my mouth and yawned loudly. “That would be wonderful! The case of the Fruit Vampires is now officially solved."

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 09-23-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: The Fruit Vampires |Ready to be Graded|

Pokemon Attempted: Buizel and Zubat

Both 5 - 10k Character Range = 10 to 20k Character Range

Character Count (Without Spaces): 11,670

Character Count (With Spaces): 14,347

Old 09-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Since no one claimed this, I will. =D
A review will be up before the weekend.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Sequentio Offline

Introduction:
I was given a back-story which was filled with description and a nice lead in into the plot. It started with dialogue, description and something interesting. You have nice introductions. My only suggestion is to try and make the descriptions easier to read. To just say what the farmer is wearing is a bit blunt. Try incorporating it through fluid wording.

Example;
Quote:
“Excuse me Sir... we have heard that you are a great investigator!” An old man stated. He stood in front of the investigator, showing a prime example of the steriotypical farmer. He had extra-large overalls that hung from one shoulder. Calloused hands carried a traditional pitch fork that was leaning dangerously close to his lengthy beard.

"Can you help us?" A pleading right hand stuck out to make a deal, while the left adjusted a bright blue cap. He fiddled with the cigar in his mouth, awaiting an answer.
That was probably an overdramamtization, but you get the point, right? xD

Plot:
There's a mysterious vampire stealing fruit from plantations, so the farmers call in a detective. On the surface, that seems like a really awesome plot. I was intrigued by the whole back story. What got me was what happened at the end! You added in a fire, which seemed like a complete afterthought. It was short and pretty pointless. If you cut that out, I could still see Zubat and Buizel going along with the Detective. (Or if you expanded on it and made it more believable, that's great too.)

Always try to include why. Why were Zubat and Buizel stealing fruit? Why were they working together? Is the detective being paid?

With longer stories, when things go unexplained, it won't reflect well on the grade.

Dialogue:
You had nice dialogue. It was believable and put in all the appropriate places. The two things I had problems with I explain in the grammar section.

Grammar:
I found several errors, but they can be easily fixed.

Quote:
It appears that it will only eat the fruit once its liquids were drained comletely..
I'm sure that completely was just a typo. However, ellipses are three periods, rather than two.

Quote:
“Pid Pidgey!” A small wild Pidgey shrieked.
Because Pid and Pidgey are both names and contained within the same sentence, they need to be separated; whether by a comma or period. Also, since "A wild Pidgey shrieked" continues the action from the speech, a does not need to be capitalized since shrieked is the end of the sentence.

Quote:
Shadow sighed and looked at me. I just shrugged and closed my eyes, accidently falling asleep.
Accidentally.

Quote:
Shadow ran passed the Buizel and back in front of me.
Shadow ran pass the Buizel.

Quote:
“This is it!” I said quietly to Shadow. “Let’s do this.” We both jumped up from the debris that we were hiding under. “STOP RIGHT THERE.” I shouted. The Buizel shrieked in terror and lost its balance, falling to the ground. The Zubat was knocked off the Buizel’s head, dropping the fruit it had in its mouth. “We caught you guys red-handed.” The Buizel rose to its feet and shot a Water Gun attack towards Shadow. The Buizel was moving slowly, just as I had planned. The Zubat appeared to be flapping its wings harder than it was earlier.
WHOA TEXT! This is a very large text block, especially since there are three characters, speech and action contained in it. Every time a different character moves or speaks, a new paragraph is started. It should instead look like;
Quote:
“This is it!” I said quietly to Shadow. “Let’s do this.”

We both jumped up from the debris that we were hiding under. “STOP RIGHT THERE,” I shouted.

The Buizel shrieked in terror and lost its balance, falling to the ground.

The Zubat was knocked off the Buizel’s head, dropping the fruit it had in its mouth.

"We caught you guys red-handed.”

The Buizel rose to its feet and shot a Water Gun attack towards Shadow. The Buizel was moving slowly, just as I had planned.

The Zubat appeared to be flapping its wings harder than it was earlier.
You continued to do this through your story, so make sure to space them properly in future stories.

Also, you used the Pokemon's names... a lot.
Quote:
The Zubat came down towards Shadow, its wings a bright whitish blue color. It was using Wing Attack. Shadow couldn’t see clearly and began shooting his Flamethrower attack wildly. The Zubat tried to move out of the way, but Shadow’s Flamethrower attack was unpredictable. Zubat was hit by the Flamethrower, stopping it from using his Screech attack. Zubat began falling to the ground. Shadow uncovered his ears and launched itself towards the falling Zubat. Shadow’s mouth was covered in fire as and bit down on Zubat’s wing. The Zubat cried in pain. Shadow slumped to the ground. He was exhausted from all this battling. I ran to his side.
Seven times. SEVEN. To make sure you're not over-repetitive, describe Zubat as a blue skinned bat. Or the flying Pokemon... even the aerial acrobat. (Ha. Pun.) Anything but Zubat, Zubat, Zubat!

Detail:
Ouch. You really, really lacked in character detail. The only one of all the characters I got a good description of was the old man, who was in the beginning, only for the purpose of furthering the plot. I never caught a name for your character. I only knew Shadow was a Houndour because you told me so once or twice. You described Zubat and Buizel when you first saw them, but other than that, through the battle - all I got was "The Zubat" or "The Buizel". That's it. No deep orange weasel or flying blue bat. You even included a Pidgey in there somewhere. Imagine that I don't know what Pokemon are when I read this. I'd like to know what a Houndour looks like, or what a Pidgey even is. Is it a small bird? An owl? A leprechaun? I don't know.

This also applies to the berries. What is a Pecha Berry? What color is it? Shape? Smell? Feel?

And I was most disappointed to see the lack of detail in you battle. You had a lot of attacks that were executed fairly well. Sadly, they did not make use of the surroundings. They were at a lake! AT NIGHT! These are perfect attributes for both Buizel and Zubat to utilize. However, I didn't see a Haze or an Aqua Jet. I'll continue to talk about the battle later on.

Anywho, I was really, really disappointed. Tell me things about the Pokemon. I want to know what they look like. I want to know how attacks feel. I want to know about you, the Fruit Vampires and everything else.

Length:
A bit short, but including spaces had you fall right near the middle. Good job.

Battle:
I was excited for the battle, because I thought it would be something a Pokemon Trainer might encounter. Unfortunately, I was let down. It started out nicely. Buizel's attacks on Houndour were great. Best part of the battle. Houndour even got in a good Smog hit... however, Buizel was taken down but just a crunch and a smog? Then Houndour let Zubat get off a screech before it was roasted. Zubat was pretty neglected. I wished to see more moves from both Houndour and Zubat.

Graders also look for the use of the surroundings in battle. Even though poisoned, Buizel could have pulled Houndour under the water, or Zubat could have hidden in the dark of night. The one hint of surroundings I got were when they caught on fire for a brief second. In this case, you could have made Houndour become super effective, thereby revealing Zubat. By thinking in these terms, the writing and flow become much easier to understand.

Catching:
Your main problems were detail, the battle and grammar. Sadly, detail and battling are what make the story. I saw with much sorrow, Zubat and Buizel NOT captured!

Change a few words, add detail, get that spacing right and make the battle more two sided. Then, IM/PM me. You know I'd be happy to give you a re-grade ;D
Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Ready to be Regraded

Pokemon Attempted: Buizel and Zubat

Both 5 - 10k Character Range = 10 - 20k Character Range

Character Count (Without Spaces): 15,031

Character Count (With Spaces): 18,480

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 09-20-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Sequentio Offline

Default Re: The Fruit Vampires |Ready to be Regraded|

Re-Grade;

I'm very impressed. You added in more detail about the characters, which is exactly what I was looking for.
Quote:
The cap was more than likely there to cover his baldness.
That's the sort of thing graders like to see. It doesn't seem that relevant, but it gives a lot of character depth. You also described actions in a way that gave me insight into the character. By being impatient or excited, it gives small hints to how the characters behave outside of the plot... as if they were real people.

Quote:
I quickly identified it as a Sitrus berry. I knew it was because of its yellow color and green spots. It was also a little lumpy on the right side and was slightly heavy.
YES. This is what I was reffering to earlier when I was speaking of description. Not everyone knows what Sitrus berries are, which is why it's essential that you describe things in the Pokemon world.

Quote:
One was a Zubat. It was using its Screech Attack to scare away the Pidgey.
This was a brilliant way to use an attack while not in battle. In future stories, use structure and creativity like this.

The battle was improved. All three Pokemon had several hits used in creative ways. (And your character count is now over half!)

You also fixed your spacing! Marvelous.

I now have no qualms about saying Zubat and Buizel captured!