Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default PE2K V-Log (Check out our videos!)

Welcome to the PE2K V-Log!

Here’s what the v-log I am proposing will (at the bear minimum) feature;

Spoiler:
- A Pokémon of the Week, or at least Pokémon of the episode, however frequent I do the episodes.
- An overview of the latest news from Serebii/Bulbapedia/PokéBeach/PE2K/wherever, with some opinions, and in certain situations, predictions concerning whatever coming up.
- A few members will be recognized for birthdays, achievements, etc.
- Advertisements; you may have me advertise your thread in the v-log.

Here's an FAQ~

Spoiler:
Welcome to the PE2K V-Log!

FAQ

Q: Is this like the podcast?

A: Yes and no. It may do things that the podcast will do, but we will only talk about PE2K and Pokémon related topics only.

Q: Wait – how differently will this be run?

A: In various ways. The podcast has a specific team that does most of the announcements and whatnot. I do, as well, but we don’t do everything together. Also; anyone can submit a video, for just about anything. I just have to approve it, since I run the PE2K v-log account on YouTube.

Q: So, everything’s just going to be about PE2K and Pokémon?

A: Mostly. I’m not going to say all about. We may branch out and do other things as well, such as American Idol and things like that, but I don’t know at the present time. If you want to do something not related, then just send me a video, and I’ll tell you if I like it or not.

Q: You are letting us post whatever we want as a video?

A: No. There are certain requirements that must be met. First off; all videos posted will become a YouTube video, which means that it must be under ten minutes long. You can’t talk me into doing any other video uploading site. DO NOT POST IT ON YOUTUBE AFTER YOU MAKE THE VIDEO. Please send me the file however you can to where I can download it, such as this place. Then, I will approve or disapprove it. If I disapprove it, I’ll tell you why. Make sure you do not curse or use any really sexual stuff, or other use of profanity. Want to submit? PM me!

Q: What kind of “really sexual stuff”?

A: We’re all big boys and girls (hopefully!). We should know where to draw the line. Somewhere between how you would talk to your teachers and how you would talk to your friends.

Q: If it can’t be over ten minutes long, what’s the point of making a v-log?

A: I’m not bashing the podcast, because they can go over ten minutes; we can’t really ramble in the v-log. So, we mainly pay attention to only a couple of topics versus maybe ten. But this way, information is presented in a shorter and less rambling manner. Maybe not as funny, but we try our best.

Q: I’ve got a comment/criticism/question/suggestion/etc. I put this up where?

A: You can either do one of three things. Most recommended? Post it on the thread. Personal? PM me, or email me at thepe2kvlog@yahoo.com.

Q: So, what can people like us do to post videos?

A: Just about anything! Just as long as you follow video requirements, you can do Pokémon news, an advertisement for the thread you own or go to, or practically whatever you want.

Q: My video just got declined! What the heck? Why?

A: I’ll always give a reason as to why your video was declined. You can always make a new one, and fix it, if it’s fixable! Follow the guidelines I provide after I decline you, probably later in that PM, and make a new video, if you want. I may say yes the next time.

And people can suggest more if they like!

Soon, I'm going to make a beta test of what the v-logs will be like, and publish on YouTube this weekend. Please tell me what your thoughts are, and if I can make this happen, what you would suggest I could do to make this better!

Also, if you have a webcam/camera, ask if you would like to contribute to the PE2K v-log if this is considered a good idea.

Zeroth Episode - Beta Testing

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 09-14-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Lusitania Offline

Default Re: PE2K V-Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
I was figuring; official PE2K fanfiction, some official PE2K contests, and then an official PE2K podcast. I was watching Shane Dawson the other day, and it hit me. We can look into doing v-logs on YouTube or TinyPic (or whatever the case) for PE2K!

Here’s what the v-log I am proposing will (at the bear minimum) feature;

- A Pokémon of the Week, or at least Pokémon of the episode, however frequent I do the episodes.
- An overview of the latest news from Serebii/Bulbapedia/PokéBeach/PE2K/wherever, with some opinions, and in certain situations, predictions concerning whatever coming up.
- A few members will be recognized for birthdays, achievements, etc.
- Advertisements; you may have me advertise your thread in the v-log.

And people can suggest more if they like!

Soon, I'm going to make a beta test of what the v-logs will be like, and publish on YouTube this weekend. Please tell me what your thoughts are, and if I can make this happen, what you would suggest I could do to make this better!

Also, if you have a webcam/camera, ask if you would like to contribute to the PE2K v-log if this is considered a good idea.
This sounds like the podcast but with one person and video.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

It does sound like a podcast, but you also have to understand that with just one person it's easier to bring something quality to viewers. The podcasts still have a long way to go before we get them where I want them in terms of quality, and the more types of user-content we have on Pe2k the better! I say go for it!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 AM

Thanks, Charbok! I've just made the beta video. It's kind of rough and unplanned (and a little lengthy), but it'll get shorter over time, hopefully. But it basically explains what I have in store for the v-log. I don't want it to be like the podcast, so I'm going to be more attentive to what the podcast offers so I can be at least a little different.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Thanks, Charbok! I've just made the beta video. It's kind of rough and unplanned (and a little lengthy), but it'll get shorter over time, hopefully. But it basically explains what I have in store for the v-log. I don't want it to be like the podcast, so I'm going to be more attentive to what the podcast offers so I can be at least a little different.
Well hey, if you even wanna contact me about anything relating to the podcast or whatever, shoot me a PM/VM or something!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
Well hey, if you even wanna contact me about anything relating to the podcast or whatever, shoot me a PM/VM or something!
I sent a PM. ;]

While the video's still processing, I'll plan some more offline. Tell your friends, comment, criticize, suggest; anything helps!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

Quote:
I sent a PM. ;]

While the video's still processing, I'll plan some more offline. Tell your friends, comment, criticize, suggest; anything helps!
I can help if you guys want, I can mostly update about the Pokemon of the week since I'm taking care of the PE2K server and can also update about the HG/SS new movesets and know some other people whom would give us some information. =)

Contact me if you t hhink I can help.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 PM

Default Re: PE2K V-Log (Check out our videos!)

I've got the first couple of videos in hand!

Episode Zero - Beta Testing

Episode Double-Zero - FAQ

Please watch and tell me what you think!

Soon, I'm going to make an "official" thread, once I get something from a friend that will mark the beginning of the v-log.