Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign
Default Customizable Visitor Pages and New Skins

Well, I'll start off by saying that the first is really not needed, but, I don't see why we couldn't have it. It allows users to express themselves in using colors and fonts that aren't set by selecting a certain skin. It makes the forum seem more, I don't know, alive?

Secondly, I hope that I am not the only one that forces themselves to use Blue Commune and/or Vbulletin for the sole purpose of seeing when you have Visitor Messages, and stuff of that like. I suggest that we stock the forum with new skins that support the new VBulletin. That way, people (me) will not have to force themselves to look at bland skins in order to get alerts when you have VMs and such. Once again this isn't mandatory either, and it isn't going to kill me, it is just a suggestion~

Discuss or whatever.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg

Last edited by iReign; 09-13-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Customizable Visitor Pages and New Skins

I think this suggestion is stupid **** and I don't read my VMs anyway

This isn't myspace so that customizable thing is iffy. A change from Firaun might be warranted, however and none of the current skins please my refined eye palate.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 09-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Lusitania Offline

I'm used to BlueCommune, have used it for three years, and tried to change. I don't like the other ones really. White and blue, IMO, are the colors of pe2k.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReign View Post
Well, I'll start off by saying that the first is really not needed, but, I don't see why we couldn't have it. It allows users to express themselves in using colors and fonts that aren't set by selecting a certain skin. It makes the forum seem more, I don't know, alive?

Secondly, I hope that I am not the only one that forces themselves to use Blue Commune and/or Vbulletin for the sole purpose of seeing when you have Visitor Messages, and stuff of that like. I suggest that we stock the forum with new skins that support the new VBulletin. That way, people (me) will not have to force themselves to look at bland skins in order to get alerts when you have VMs and such. Once again this isn't mandatory either, and it isn't going to kill me, it is just a suggestion~

Discuss or whatever.
I 95% agree. The first fifty percent is the skins topic. There are several skins that I think are absolutely awesome, and before VMs came around I could actually switch between them on a regular basis to keep it fresh. Now I'm just limited to the two that allow VMs. Which sucks.

As for customizable Profiles, that's less of a 100%. It would be awesome, of course, if vBulletin supports it, just like it's awesome on Youtube, but as AS said it's not really necessary. So I pitch in 45% concurrence there. Would be lovely, but not needed.

Total: 95%
Old 09-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I don't see why this change shouldn't happen. It would be nice to have some more compatible skins, if it isn't to much work. I use Blue Commune, but I think, given some time, I could get used to and appreciate another one also. I think AS makes some good points, at the very least. :P

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 09-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

More customizability is always good :o

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

An other forum I used to go to had this capability and I'm pretty sure it was vbulletin as well. I don't see why we couldn't do this if some people wanted it badly enough.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
there is a point where it gets out of hand though.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Quote:

Discuss or whatever.

I already talked to Ryan about this a while ago...

He said the reason he wanted all the profiles to be the same is because he thought someone might abuse this and select uber bright colours for their profile.. He didn't want that.. As much as I disagree with him, then I must respect his opinion...

Anyway.. Ryan already said that he was working on making it so that all the skins notify you of VM's...

Still it if you want to use a different style.. Then you can always just hit user cp button ones a day or more often...

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Definitely. However, this could be a little complicated, so if it's impossible... how about letting us see others' profiles in the skin that they last used? Now that'd be nice. ;D Still too complicated? ... Never mind. :X

Quote:

Discuss or whatever.
And you forgot to mention having the functions for existing skins as well. After all, it's not fair to the old skins, is it?

In short though... WE NEED IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
True, but more compatibility is also always complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
He said the reason he wanted all the profiles to be the same is because he thought someone might abuse this and select uber bright colours for their profile.. He didn't want that.. As much as I disagree with him, then I must respect his opinion...
And what's wrong with "uber bright colours" again? :O
Old 09-15-2009, 07:03 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
And what's wrong with "uber bright colours" again? :O
Bright cyan text on a bright yellow background. I know AS too well.

I don't like the idea of customisable profiles, for the reasons Ryan's said.

But I do think compatible skins would be useful, although I've used BlueCommune since I came to Pe2k, so I wouldn't be changing anytime soon.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Bright cyan text on a bright yellow background. I know AS too well.

I don't like the idea of customisable profiles, for the reasons Ryan's said.

But I do think compatible skins would be useful, although I've used BlueCommune since I came to Pe2k, so I wouldn't be changing anytime soon.
Or we can have a default uncustomis/zed version to go along with it... I guess. :X

If not, is it possible to view someone's profile in the last skin that person used?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
This. I NEVER use custom skins. If the forum doesn't have BlueCommune I get withdrawal symptoms and just select vBulletin. However I think being able to have playlists and/or a Youtube video THAT DOESN'T PLAY AUTOMATICALLY X_x on your profile is a nice idea, and also uploading graphics as a profile skin, along with customisable font colours and background colours and such. I mean, if you don't want it, you don't have to change your profile, right? You don't HAVE to use it. If you want to, it's there, and it's fair on both sides.

If anyone uses cyan and yellow then they seriously have something wrong with them and/or they're trying and failing to be LOLFUNNY. Why would you even inflict that dreadful colour combination upon yourself? XD

Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
If anyone uses cyan and yellow then they seriously have something wrong with them and/or they're trying and failing to be LOLFUNNY. Why would you even inflict that dreadful colour combination upon yourself? XD
Because the combination looks perfectly fine to them? Well, I mean, it's OK to me (not that I ever bother to change my profile page), so it might be OK to them too. :X
Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Because the combination looks perfectly fine to them? Well, I mean, it's OK to me (not that I ever bother to change my profile page), so it might be OK to them too. :X
If they want to not be able to read anything on there, shur. x3