Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

OOC: First you taunt the sucker and then you try to attack him lol

IC:

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

I watched with mild interest as Froslass battered her eyelashes, swung her hips around slightly and dance over to the poor Gastly. Gastly, of course kept his giant, empty eyes on Jess, but as I stared at him, I got a feeling that he was more looking out of wonderment than love. Or maybe it was just me, it's kinda hard to tell what a Gastly is thinking.

Reaching into my pack, I fumbled around, finally finding a soda bottle. Unscrewing the lid, I took a swig of cola, smiling. As I took another sip, I glanced over at Gastly again and chocked, spewing soda from my mouth and--more painfully--from my nose.

Gastly was responding to Froslass. Not my simply standing still, but by floating around her, bouncing his body around as if he were listening to some rap song. About a foot from her, he stopped and then swung back and forth, as if he to had hips.

"Show off," I muttered. As if in response, he turned around, focused on Jess and fluttered his eyes, while releasing the most sickly cute sound I had ever heard from a Ghost Pokemon.

It seemed to either just want to show off, or it really liked Jess, I couldn't tell. Either way, what happened next made me a little sick. With a cackle, he jumped forward and opened his mouth wide, showing a bright pink tongue. With a lapping sound, he gave Jess' icy cheek a large, wet kiss.

Froslass didn't seem to enjoy this, not from the look of pain I observed. From what I could tell, Gastly must have barbs on his tongue or something. Or perhaps just being licked by one would cause anyone pain.

"Oh no." I grinned. I couldn't help myself, it was just funny with a capital 'F'! Gastly must have forgotten that Froslass was an Ice Pokemon. His tongue, wet and warm, was stuck fast to Jess' cheek. Tugging hard, he couldn't seem to get it unstuck.

This didn't stop Jess though. Heck, maybe it encouraged her. Awkwardly turning her head, her top ice crystals glittered for a second and then flashed! I closed my eyes in time as the Confuse Ray went off, opening them after the attack was done with.

Gastly was still stuck fast to Jess, but now his eyes were going around in their sockets and he was bobbing up and down, looking a tad confuzzled.

------
Gastly [Taunted] [Confused] [Stuck on Jess' cheek] [Attracted] 100%
Ability: Levitate
Attack used: Lick

vs.

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 59.9% [Safe Guard used]
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick

Encounters Remaining: 5

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim; Gastly tongue stuck on Froslass' cheek.

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer

Official Location: Meteor Valley

Change: 70,400

Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Scizor 49% {Not in combat}
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 100%
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: [Male] Mightyena, [Male] Mr. Mime,

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2, Gastly

Ongoing battles: Froslass vs. Gastly

OOC: What do ya think? Was that a good post? RP going alright for you? I wonder how you're get that Gastly unstuck =)

Last edited by Dragoness; 10-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
AUfan Offline

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

Alden frowned for a second. Umbreon's attack hadn't had nearly the impact he was hoping for. "O well," though Alden to himself. "The Slugma still looks pretty exhausted. Maybe I should go ahead and give it a try..." He reached his hand back into his bag and pulled out a shiny Park Ball. Meanwhile, fire had begun balling up in the Slugma's mouth, as it prepared to attack Umbreon.

"Alright Slugma," yelled Alden. "Your mine!" He reached his arm back, and threw the park ball at the wild pokemon with a baseball-style throw. Umbreon just stared as the ball whizzed over her head, aiming straight at the Slugma...

OOC: sorry for the shortness of post. There isnt much description involved in throwing a poke ball...
Old 10-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: It's going great, thanks. And lol, poor Jess. But don't worry, I've got an idea to her her and Gastly unstuck :P.

=====

IC: Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

“Great job, Jess!” I called encouragingly. The ice-ghost folded her arms over her chest in response, looking a bit miffed at her current situation. I wanted to laugh, but I had a feeling it might hurt the Pokemon’s feelings. She was sensitive like that. Anyways, Gastly was apparently stuck to her face, and that wasn’t funny at all; the gaseous Pokemon was in too good a position to attack, should it manage to see through its haze of attraction and confusion. I needed to get that thing’s tongue off my girl’s cheek, and then we needed to start dealing a bit of damage of our own.

“Jess, it’s time for a bigger combo, but you’re awesome at ‘em, so I’m not worried! First, use Psychic to agitate the air around your cheek and heat it up, so Gastly’s tongue comes off and you can get away. Follow that up with a Shadow Wave, and even though you already know this, we’re here to catch that Pokemon, not blow it up! Make your Shadow around half-power, but hit with a full-strength Wave! If we can pull this off, you should have no problem whittling that guy’s health down! And make SURE you don’t fire your Shadow Wave until you’re free from Gastly! You don’t wanna get hit with backlash conducted through his…body…or anything.”

Jess nodded, raising her hands and holding them on either side of Gastly’s tongue. Her feral yellow eyes narrowed just a bit as she concentrated, the crystals on her head pulsing with faint blue light. Then they gave off a steady ice-blue glow, and at the same time a hazy orb of lavender appeared around the Froslass’ hands. The energy roiled about, heating up the air molecules by bouncing them around within the perimeter of the Psychic energy. Once the energy was formed and doing its job, Jess divided her attention to carrying out the next step of the combo. Well, steps, technically, because Shadow Wave was two attacks in one.

Lowering her left hand to about waist-level and holding it palm-down, Jess summoned forth more ghostly energy. The stuff formed another inky blob of darkness, which swirled beneath the Pokemon’s downturned hand. It steadily increased in size until it was about as big as a basketball. This was the first part of the attack, Shadow Ball. Once the orb was fully formed, tendrils of electric blue energy arched over its surface and leapt away in twitching strands.

Now Jess had one more thing to do. Her concentration diverted between holding the Psychic and Shadow Ball in place, she now started rubbing her left elbow against the sash around her body. The friction caused sparks of static to jump from the velvety fabric. Instead of dissipating, though, they gathered near the Froslass’ arm. After a few seconds, there was a sphere about the size of a grapefruit hovering next to Jess. She neatly twisted her arm, flicking her wrist back and passing the Shadow Ball through the Thunder Wave. The ghostly energy absorbed the electrical current, and the blue tendrils jumping from the Shadow Ball became a sort of lime-green hue.

The point of this was to give an attack the ability to cause paralysis, dealing damage and status at the same time. I could have tried a Thunderbolt and hoped that caused a natural paralysis, but this was, if it hit, was guaranteed to inflict the condition, as well as dealing a nice bit of damage to our target. Jess, her combo attack ready, returned most of her attention to getting Gastly’s tongue off her face. She raised her left hand and held it before her chest, her palm and, coincidentally, her Shadow Wave, facing Gastly. The second she was free, she’d dart backwards and release her attack. And in case anyone’s wondering why I did have her use the attack the second it was ready: I didn’t want the Thunder Wave to inadvertently get conducted through Gastly back to Jess, thereby inflicting herself with paralysis. That would not only fail epically hard, it would be a stupid newbie mistake. And I, thank you very much, was no newb when it came to battling.

=====

OOC: How was THAT post? Oh, and I have 111,500 after Ranger Wages.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-14-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I wasn't concerned about a potential Super Fang attack. It only meant that Bibarel was moving towards Hanakami, and not away like it should have been.

"Hanakami, blast him away with Whirlwind." My Shiftry nodded and twirled on a single foot, drawing back his leaf hand. When his body turned perpendicular to Bibarel's, he swung the hand. Instantly a complex combination of friction and tension within the leaves caused rapid acceleration of air within the leaves, and sent them straight out towards Bibarel in a massive blast of the hundred-miles-per-hour winds that Shiftry were famous for. "Follow it with a Leaf Storm to take advantage of his Water type!" Without even checking on the Whirlwind Hanakami spun again, this time raising his arm in front of his chest when he finished the spin. The edges of the leafs glowed green, and a much slower(though still speedy) twister of wind formed in front of the fan. Green globules of energy formed at the very base and formed into long, sharp leaves carried by the spinning air towards their target.

OOC: Short post is short.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Shiftry let loose with an impressive Whirlwind at Khajmer’s command, whpping up a massive funnel of spiraling wind and setting it loose in Bibarel. The beaver was caught in midair, sucked into the attack and then sent flying by the force of the vortex. The beaver came down hard on the sand, landing on his stomach and looking a bit dazed. After a few seconds he pushed himself to his paws, shaking himself and regaining his senses.

He recovered in time to see another whirlwind, this one full of slender, razor-edged leaves, whirling towards him. One good thing about the Whirlwind was it had knocked the Pokemon far enough away that he had time to see Shiftry’s next attack coming and do something about it. That something turned out to be rolling into a tight ball and spinning in place for several seconds, sand kicking into the air. At first I thought the Pokemon was going to try and break up the Leaf Storm by the sheer momentum of his spinning; then I realized he was trying to roll away, but couldn’t get a purchase on the warm, shifting sand.

Then the Pokemon lashed out with a paw, digging it into the sand and lifting himself a few inches in the air. It also tossed himself to the left, and when it hit the ground it took off. Unfortunately, he lost control of his Rollout for a moment, since he hit the ground spinning, and he whirled right into the path of the Leaf Storm. He rapidly spun out of the way, though, or at least looked like he did. The Leaf Storm, moving erratically across the beach, just happened to shift direction, following Bibarel and catching him on the left side. The blow sent Bibarel spinning wildly, and he ended up in a nearby lake a second later. Moments ticked by and the Pokemon didn’t resurface.

And then, right when I was beginning to get worried and Bidoof was making nervous whining sounds, Bibarel’s head popped out of the water. I noticed his cheeks were bulging; the moment his head broke the surface, he expelled a large bullet of water from between his teeth. Then he opened his jaws and followed up with a second Water Gun, this one larger than the first. Using his attacks as cover, Bibarel scurried onto the beach and ran after the Water Guns, water flying everywhere from the beaver’s thick coat.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Impish Male Shiftry: 100% [Special Attack decreased x2]
-? Male Bibarel: 51.38% [Attack decreased] {Unawares Ability} <x2 Water Gun>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Khajmer
Money: 20,000

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 12

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability>
95.22%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 1 Hyper Ball, Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

=====

OOC: Bibarel took 5% damage from hitting the ground after Whirlwind, which was factored before damage from Leaf Storm.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-19-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Dragoness Offline

I raised an eyebrow, brushing back a strand of hair. The cool breeze wasn't that bad as I wore a light sweater against the cold, but as I glanced up at the darkening sky, I let out a sigh. We'd have to leave soon. Pushing these thoughts out of my mind, I focused on the fight.

The battle has taken an interesting turn. The air around Jess' cheek was vibrating slightly, warming the air molecules and turning them a faint hazy pink. Gastly let out a strangled yelp, his eyes flashing as he temporarily seemed to regain some of his senses. With a sick smooching sound, his massive tongue unstuck itself from Jess.

Flying backwards, his tongue looking a little raw, he just floated there for a minute. Then he lunged forward at Jess, but missed, his eyes twirling about in their sockets like some sick show. I winced as he let out a shriek of pain, closing his eyes as if he were experiencing a splitting headache.

Jess, meanwhile, had released her sparkling ball of electric blue energy, its tendrils wrapping around Jess' hands. The orb flew through the air, straight at Gastly. But no! Gastly it seemed was so confused he lost the ability to levitate! With a crash, he fell to the soft grass below him and the Shadow attack flew over him, raising the invisible hairs on the back of his head.

But he wasn't over quite let. With a snarl, he rose up high into the air, keeping his eyes on the Froslass. He swayed for a minute, trying to regain himself and then growled. With a snarl, he opened his mouth and let out an arrow of violet-gray light. It's body seemed to be made of some smoky substance and when it hit Jess full in the face, it vanished. She didn't seem hurt, but looked a little ill now, eyes slightly unfocused.

------
------
Gastly [Taunted] [Confused] [Attracted] 70%
Attack used: Destiny Bond

vs.

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 59.9% [Destiny Bonded]

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim;

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

~~~

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2, Gastly

OOC: If the attack did not miss, you had a good chance of fainting the Pokemon. Don't forget, he is confused, thus he can harm himself.

Last edited by Dragoness; 10-16-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:38 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Ranger Hyacinth
Mt. Deckbi

The trainer, despite his Pokemon's attack seemingly having no effect, decided he had enough, and wanted to catch Slugma. So, picking up a ParkBall from his bag, the boy threw it in a very obnoxious manner, as if he was playing a game of ball instead of using a very delicate highly technologic device.

Hyacinth shrugged. It's his choice to do that, no need to butt in.

The spherical item flew to the fiery slug as it finished preparing for its next attack...

And hit before the Pokemon could actually launch that. The sphere shook on the ground, struggling still, as both the trainer and ranger crossed fingers hoping for it to come true...

The ball stopped. And it didn't open.

"Congratulations!" Hyacinth yelled. "This is your second Pokemon- have you checked its gender, by any chance?" he asked, then shook his head. "Sorry, that's not what I wanted to ask. Where do we go now? The choice is up to you."

In front of them, there stood a cave- likely long, and seemingly lit, from what they could make out from the outside.

And on their side the traiil who kept going around the volcano for a little more.

Both held surprises and discoveries to come.

Area effect: Ash Rain.
Uneven terrain. Entrance of a cave.

Encounter #5
Cautious Slugma (Flame Body/??) - Caught

Trainer Stats:
Name: Alden Umstar
Items: Park Ball x4, Super Ball x4, Full Heal x2, Max Potion x3

Pokemon:
~ Female Calm Umbreon (Synchronize) 88.11%
Extra Moves: Toxic TM

Male Adamant Flareon (Flash Fire) 78.87%

Previous Encounters:
#1 - Timid Male Geodude (Rock Head) - Captured.
#2 - Geodude - Trainer Fled.
#3 - Cubone - Trainer Fled.
#4 - Diglett - Trainer Fled.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

Huh, Gastly was either very lucky or very unlucky that its confusion had affected it. On the one hand, it had avoided Jess’ Shadow Wave, but on the other, it was using moves that wouldn’t help it at all. Destiny Bond wasn’t going to do a thing to turn the tide in its favor, because I had no intentions of knocking it out. Jess, being a Gentle Pokemon, was also well aware of her strength, and was holding back in order not to KO the target.

“Jess, let’s use some normal attacks for now,” I told her. “Make sure you don’t attack using full strength, since Gastly is confused, after all. If we use something too strong and it smacks itself silly, it might end up knocking itself out. Use an Ice Shard to get in there before it as a chance to attack, then fall back and use a Double Team if it manages to get through its befuddlement and attack.”

Jess inclined her head with a soft coo. She then crossed her arms over her chest and bowed her head as she drew on icy energy within her hollow body. This was directed to the crystals on her head, which started growing branches of sharp ice. They were tiny at first, like little sewing needles, but they quickly got longer and thicker. Once they were about the length of a pencil and the thickness of a person’s finger (this took about a second), Jess deftly snapped her head from side to side. The motion caused the branches of ice to snap off; at the same moment, Jess thrust her arms out, unleashing a blast of cold air from her entire body. The air caught up the pieces of rime and flung them towards Gastly, sending the dozen or so shards flying towards him.

As soon as she released the Ice Shard, Jess raised her head and watched Gastly closely, beginning to shine with a dull, purplish-blank light. She was preparing the ghostly energy within her body, reading to use it to create copies of herself in case Gastly attacked. If there was no attack, she could use the gathered power for her next assault.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

OOC: After mulling it over I've decided I don't want the Bibarel. Oh, and I have 23k now.

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I had to admit, I was not quite what you'd call impressed. This Bibarel hadn't landed a single hit, and already looked exhausted after only being hurt a few times, most of them deflected. While I'm the first to admit that Bibarel can be fierce battlers, it wasn't universal, and only certain ones had skill. This one couldn't even get close to Hanakami. I went to the Shiftry's Pokeball and extended it, recalling him unexpectedly and leaving the Bibarel attacking thin air. I turned sharply on my heel and started to walk away, nodding to my Ranger with a smile.

"I've decided that it's probably not a good idea to take that little guy's father away." I nodded at the Bidoof I had rescued from my new Dratini. "Let's move on."
Old 10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

I blinked in surprise when Khajmer returned his Shiftry, an odd expression in his eyes. Bibarel, also taken aback, slid to a halt and watched the Trainer. After a moment he stood up and narrowed his eyes at Khajmer, then slapped the sand with his tail. He suddenly seemed upset, and I had a feeling it wasn’t because Khajmer had changed his mind. No, this was…hostility. That was enough to make me wonder about the Trainer I was leading through the Park. Bibarel were easy-going Pokemon, for the most part. They didn’t act aggressive unless they REALLY didn’t like someone.

The beaver barked sharply, and a moment later Bidoof ran over to him. The smaller Pokemon stared at Khajmer with wide, almost fearful eyes, and then the two Pokemon slipped into the nearest pond. I watched them go, then turned towards where Khajmer was walking off. I shook my head a little and followed after him, hurrying to put myself in front of him. I might have questioned what kind of person he was, after Bibarel’s sudden change of heart towards him, but it was still my responsibility to watch out for his safety. And anyways, maybe Bibarel HAD just been offended that Khajmer decided he didn’t want to catch it.

“Hey, it’s not safe to go wandering off without your Ranger,” I said, trying to make my tone light despite the uncertainty I was beginning to feel. I pushed it down, though, and nodded aimlessly as we headed deeper into the Great Lakes. “Your Pokemon. I’m sure you get a lot of questions about their coloring. Skin dye or tattoos, I’m thinking.” In the distance I heard a splash, and turned my head to spot a small shape exiting one of the pools several yards away. It landed on the beach a moment later and flopped to the ground, lying there without moving. For a moment I thought maybe the Pokemon was enjoying the warm sun and sand, but several seconds passed and still it didn’t move. Starting to get worried, I waved a hand at Khajmer and shook my head. “Ah, hold that thought and follow me.”

I broke into a fast trot, constantly scanning the area to make sure no aggressive Pokemon were going to jump on me or something. A few minutes later I reached the Pokemon sprawled on the sand, which turned out to be a little Buizel. The orange-furred otter was on its stomach, hind legs spread-eagle, front legs tucked under its belly. Its two tails hung limply between its legs. The little blue fins on its arms sparkled with water, and the inflatable ring around its neck was collapsed.

“Hey,” I said softly, kneeling down a few feet from the Pokemon and gently prodding it in the side with a finger. Much to my surprise its eyes blinked open immediately, and the otter jumped in surprise at my touch and voice. It quickly scrabbled to all fours and stared at me in shock, fur poofing out just a little. Its tails twitched and jerked, but other than that, it was still. I stared at it and smiled a little. “Oh, you’re okay. That’s a relief; I thought maybe you were hurt or something, the way you just kind of keeled over and all.” The otter simply stared back at me, its fur lying flat after a few seconds. Then its gaze flicked past me to Khajmer, and instantly its demeanor changed. Maybe it realized the young man with me was a Trainer and I wasn’t, but suddenly the little otter stiffened and bared its sharp fangs in a faint growl. I hastily stood and moved to the side, not wanting to be in the thing’s way if it initiated battle.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 11

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability>
95.22%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I raised an eyebrow in her direction when she asked my about my Pokemon. Usually people didn't think anything of my Pokemons' unusual coloring, and even less did they ask me about it. She was more perceptive than most.

"It's just something that kind of happens." I replied, putting a slight tone of sadness in my voice. "A few months back I had a lot more Pokemon, dozens in fact. But... there was an accident. All of them died. When I got Chouno Ryoku from a friend of mine he was just a normal Abra, but when I first sent him out his colors had changed." Well, that was all true. My Pokemon had always changed colors for some reason, but before it always depended on my state of mind and emotions when I caught them. Now I was in the same state all the time: perpetual calm with nothing but darkness under the surface. "Basically whenever I catch a Pokemon and use it its skin or fur or whatever turns black or really dark. I can't actually explain it."

I stopped when I realized she had stopped listening. The Ranger had instead been distracted (understandably so) by a random Pokemon lying on the beach. It seemed to me that it was just sunbathing, but she apparently thought otherwise up until she poked it and it jumped up. A Buizel. Mildly interesting. Not particularly worthy of capture for the moment as I had bigger plans, but definitely less worthless than that Bibarel or the Gorebyss. I resisted the urge to smirk when it started growling at me and instead forced it into an ordinary smile and crouched down.

"Hello little friend. Don't worry, we don't mean you any harm, we're only passing through." I put on a little show for my Ranger as she seemed to be growing suspicious of me and reached out to scratch the weasel's head.

OOC: I'm interested in Buizel's reaction, but not in battling it.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Buizel scowled at Khajmer when the young man knelt down and told it we were just passing through. Then, when the young man reached out to try and pet it, the little Pokemon puffed its fur out and set up a terrible amount of hissing and spitting. The ring around its neck inflated so rapidly I was surprised it didn’t hurt itself. The Pokemon’s twin tails snapped through the air, and its lips curled back in a vicious snarl.

Then, much to my surprise, the Pokemon snapped its jaws at Khajmer’s hand. Thankfully, I’d been paying close attention; after all, when a Pokemon starts acting aggressively, it’s a Ranger’s duty to ensure that aggression isn’t turned on the Trainer. I bent down and neatly scooped Buizel into my arms, getting it out of the range of Khajmer’s hand just in time. The Pokemon’s fangs clicked together, catching only air. The creature struggled in my arms and finally managed to wiggle free, landing on all fours and hissing at Khajmer again before leaping back into the pool it had emerged from moments ago.

I blinked and noticed, somewhat absently, that Buizel’s short yet sharp claws had left angry red scratches down both of my forearms. I sighed and rubbed them gently, trying to make the sting let up a bit, then turned a critical gaze on Khajmer.

“Now look, even the smallest, cutest, most innocent-looking Pokemon can be mean when it feels like it’s in danger. You shouldn’t have put your hand so close to a Wild Pokemon. Thank goodness I have fast reflexes, or you might have lost a finger or two!” I sighed again and stared at the pool, whose surface was falling still. “The Pokemon around here are accustomed to most of the Rangers, so it’s a bit safer for us to try and pet or otherwise touch these guys. But even we get a bite or a sting or a kick at times. So, just, you know, be careful in the future.” I was too relieved that Khajmer hadn’t been injured to be suspicious of him at the moment, so I rolled my shoulders and dropped my stinging arms, glancing back at the young man.

“Now then, are you ready to continue?”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 11

Pokemon Stats:
95.22%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-02-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Dragoness Offline

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

Gastly hovered in the air, his blank eyes flitting about in their sockets. He seemed to be having trouble, keeping focus on the battle. Suddenly he froze. His pupils seemed to grow, his mouth opened wide in a snarl. He was regaining some state of normalcy, even if he wasn't quite out of it yet. He also seemed a little less aggressive towards Jess, as if the Taunt had worn off.

"You know," Amonea commented to Saundra,"It's nice he's feelin' better, but I for one could do without those noxious fumes of his!" It was true. The ranger was coughing a little, her thin nose flaring as the nasty scent of Gastly drifted up it, tendrils of stink curling their way around her pale face.

Gastly didn't seem to care, especially as Froslass finished her attack. She had made shards of glittering ice appear and quickly, before they melted, she had pelted them at the violet ball of gas. Her foe tried to dodge, but couldn't, his body barely moving a foot before the ice was on him. It struck his ghostly structure, hitting the solid places of his body as he yelled. The ice particles were very cold and rather sharp, they struck his, causing bits of black blood to drip down from his body. The drops struck the grass, turning emerald blades into inky black greenery.

But Gastly wasn't done yet. With a shriek that caused Amonea to jump backwards, he turned to Froslass. Rapidly, she started to move her body, trying to summon the copies of herself that would distract Gastly, but he was too fast. Opening his mouth wide, he released a two coils of power, each twisting around the other. One was colored a blood red, the other silver. Together they reached out and struck Jess.

She seemed to stumble backwards for a moment, eyes cris-crossed. Stumbling, muttering, she weakly raised her arms up, trying to concentrate as she finished her move. Two copies of herself appeared, identical in every way. With a speed that was so fast it made everything blurred, the copies zipped back and forth and around Jess, mixing themselves up so it would be difficult to tell them apart. Even all three of them had that dazed look of confusion. Gastly chortled, eying the Froslass' with cold amusement.

------
Gastly [Confused] [Attracted] 40.9%
Attack used: Confuse Ray

vs.

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 59.9% [Destiny Bonded][Evas. up--copies hanging around][Confused]

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim;

Pokemon Stats:

~~~

Last edited by Dragoness; 10-21-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: I dun made a mistake :(
Old 10-23-2009, 02:32 AM
AUfan Offline

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

The ball shook once... twice... three times... and then... it was still! "Yay!" cried Alden, jumping into the air. "We caught another pokemon." Umbreon calmly sat down in front of Alden, an unemotional look on her face. "Arn't you excited Umbreon," yelled Alden enthusiastically, as he picked up the pokemon and swung her around in his hands. Umbreon looked mildly annoyed at her trainer's actions, and she stuck out her leg, tapping the button on her poke ball, which was currently clipped to her trainer's belt. A red light engulfed the pokemon, and she was sucked into the Poke Ball. "Fine then," said Alden frowning. "Be a party pooper."

"This is your second Pokemon- have you checked its gender, by any chance?" he asked, then shook his head. "Sorry, that's not what I wanted to ask. Where do we go now? The choice is up to you."

Alden walked over to the poke ball and picked it up, shining it off a little with his shirt. "Hyacinth, I suppose if you are holding onto Geodude's poke ball, it would be nice if you could hold onto Slugma as well. Its fine if you think I should however... O hold on a second. Flareon come on out."

The Fiery pokemon appeared from his poke ball in front of his trainer. "You were up close to that Slugma, did you catch its gender?" Flareon nodded and drew a female symbol in a nearby pile of ash with his paw. "Thanks buddy," said Alden, returning the pokemon to his poke ball. "Now how about we continue on into this cave?"
Old 10-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

The Floatzel continued to snarl, and I nearly snarled back when it lunged in an attempt to bite me. My hand snapped back even as my Ranger snatched it up, her arms getting scratched heavily. It growled at me again and slipped through the Ranger's fingers and into the lake. I was then chastised for not being careful enough. Oh, the pure irony of it all. She was lecturing me on potentially losing a finger when in fact the beast would have lost a windpipe if it had so much as touched me.

"Well, I'm fine," I replied when she had finished, then to cover up any potential haughtiness I added "but you don't seem to be." I noted the long red marks on her arms, but given her job I could only assume she was used to that kind of thing. "Sorry, didn't mean for that to happen. We should move on but if those scratches are bothering you too much I'd be alright with heading back." I wouldn't really, as I was still on the hunt for powerful Water types, but she didn't need to know that.