Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

Gastly had clearly shaken off Jess’ earlier Taunt, managing to get off a Confuse Ray of his own. Jess was unable to dodge it in time, and now she was as confused as Gastly. I wasn’t too awfully worried though. Jess was a master of stalling, and that’s what we had to do now. Not only did it suit Jess’ style more than brute-strength battling, it was what I always did when Jess was confused. Years of this routine meant that the Ghost usually managed to strike through her confusion when commanded to do something she was so used to doing, if she didn’t snap out completely.

“Jess, it’s time to go from walling to stalling!” I called. Our walling technique, which consisted of making Gastly unable to attack, had been bypassed for the time being. Now it was time for Jess to start soaking up any damage Gastly doled out, while making sure she didn’t suffer from absorbing the attacks. “Set up a Light Screen and then go with Substitute!”

I watched as the three Froslass raised their arms, hands clenched into fists as they started calling up both ghostly and icy energies, winding them together and calling them forth. A braid that resembled a double-helix faded into view in front of each Pokemon, one thread inky purple-black, the other pale, crystalline blue. The braid would thin itself out into a translucent barrier that would weaken any Special attack passing through it, dropping it to about half its normal power. If Jess managed to complete this first part of her combo, the next part would consist of setting up her Substitute. All three Froslass would form a clear doll formed of ice and strengthened by a fraction of Jess’ remaining HP. The Substitute would last longer than usual thanks to Jess’ Light Screen, giving the ice-ghost time to recover her wits. Since her clones would make Substitutes as well, and Gastly was still confused, she should have plenty of time to come back to her senses.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

I shook my head and gave a faint smile as I shrugged.

“I’m fine, really. I’m used to getting scratched and bitten. You can’t work here if you can’t handle taking minor injuries now and then. These are Wild Pokemon, after all, and even though they get used to us after seeing us so much, that doesn’t change the fact that they’ll take their frustraion out on us from time to time, whether or not they mean to.”

I fell silent and waved for Khajmer to follow me as I startred off, wondering at the odd behavior some of the Pokemon had shown when the young Trainer was around. Dratini…well, it was clear that she was just an aggressive type, and Bidoof hadn’t seemed bothered by him. Bibarel and Buizel had both clearly been irritated by him, but Bibarel only after Khajmer had decided he didn’t want to catch it. It was probably nothing, just me being worried about stupid things. I needed to take a vacation after this or something.

I was jarred from these thoughts by a startled squeak from directly in front of me. I came to a wobbly halt when I looked down and saw I was just about to kick a Lotad. The little blue Pokemon had six squat legs and a wide, circluar leaf atop its head. It was looking up at me, its thick yellow lips pursed. It was clearly annoyed that I hadn’t noticed it until now, but then it sort of shrugged and seemed to let the issue go. Its lips curled into a smile and it toddled around my right leg, my left one still lifted. When the Pokemon spotted Khajmer it halted, giving him a steady look that was clearly scruntinizing. I watched, wondering how it would react to the young man, and was relieved when it just grinned at him and shook the leaf on its head in greeting.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Khajmer

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability>
95.22%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 1 Hyper Ball, Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
{Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

OOC: LUUUUUUDICOLO!

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I chuckled when my Ranger nearly sent a Lotad flying with her boot. I had noticed it before, but decided it would be more amusing to see if she kicked it. I was decidedly wrong, as her almost kicking it and stumbling was definitely most entertaining. It (she, I have a talent for that sort of thing) began eying me, and I did the same. Slick skin, nice green leaf, thick lips, this Lotad was a prime example of her species. Most looked down on Ludicolo as being too silly to be useful but I recognized its ability to use the rain to either heal or move more quickly, and its typing allowed it to resist almost every kind of attack. That made catching one harder, but it also made this Lotad all the more desirable. When she shook her leaf like a nod of approval I smiled despite myself and resolved to capture the little creature.

"Well, little creature, I suppose we'll just have to fight it out then. Hanakami's probably still mad that I recalled him so soon, so..." I popped a Pokeball off of my belt. "I choose you Chouno! Use Toxic to weaken her!" My faithful Alakazam flew out of the ball and immediately began coughing, pulling up the defensive poisons that lay dormant in many Pokemon into his mouth. When he had gathered enough he took aim and spat, sending the poisonous concoction directly at the Lotad.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Dragoness Offline

I watched with interest as Jess performed a combo, first using Light Screen, thus creating a silvery barrier around her body. As it did this, Gastly rose up higher into the air, about a foot above my head now. His black eyes danced slightly as he stared at the blue ice Pokemon before him. He seemed more alert now--almost as if he were looking for something. Suddenly he let out a whooping noise, his mouth opening in a wid grin.

My eyes slide over to the Froslass, trying to see what was making him so happy. All three Froslass were the same, their thin shield collapsing as six eyes narrowed in concentration, trying to do a decent Substitute.

"Woah!" I gasped. I saw it too. The center Froslass had blinked, while the two others had kept their bright green eyes open. Gastly let out a cackle and opened his mouth wide, taking advantage of the copies flaw. An orb of black energy grew in Gastly's mouth, pulsing and growing as it shot forward towards the real Froslass. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the impact...

A screech hit my ears. Taking a peek, I let out a sigh of relief. A forth Froslass was up, its body shaking from the Shadow Ball attack. It had been hit hard, but at least it had been hit and not Froslass.

Growling, Gastly shook his head, as if shaking something. It was about then I noticed that a slight distance in his eyes was gone. He was no longr confused. Now his eyes were still focused on one Froslass, never letting Jess leave his sight. His dark eyes turned a light pink, twirling and twirling. But no! The substitute jumped in front of Jess, locking eyes with Gastly.

I, myself, avoided the ghost's gaze as he performed Hyponsis. Instead I watched the Substitute, noting the cuts on her icey skin and watching as her eyelids fluttered. She struggled to stay awake, but could not. Her body slowly fell to the ground in a puff of dust, her eyes closing. A slight snore could be heard.

-------
Gastly 40.9% [Attracted]
Ability: Levitate
Attack used: Confuse Ray

vs.

Sub. Froslass 50% <Sleeping, 1st turn>

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 34.9% [Evas. up--copies hanging around][Substitute used]
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick

Encounters Remaining: 5

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim;

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer

Official Location: Meteor Valley

Change: 70,400

Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Scizor 49% {Not in combat}
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 100%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: [Male] Mightyena, [Male] Mr. Mime,

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2, Gastly

Ongoing battles: Froslass vs. Gastly

OOC: Don't forget, Light Screen breaks the moment you use another attack.

Last edited by Dragoness; 10-29-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Whose who are in a hurry are bound 2 delete the wrong things
Old 10-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Shouldn't Destiny Bond have faded after my following post? Also, Gastly should still be Attracted, since it lasts until either Pokemon leaves the field ^^'.

=====

IC: Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

Only Jess had managed to get her Substitute in place; her clones, for whatever reason, had failed to follow suit. Thankfully, that one sub that had been created was the important one. And right at the last moment, too, because our foe had found the real Jess and fired a Shadow Ball at her. He seemed to have snapped out of his earler confusion, but I wasn't worried.

As Jess' sub was subjected to a Hypnosis, I flicked my gaze to the Froslass herself, who was hovering about a foot off the ground behind her sub. Her Light Screen had faded upon her making her Substitute, but it had served its purpose, and the sub still had the energy left to absorb any damage or status Gastly might try to inflict. For now, my faithful Pokemon was safe.

However, it would be great to remind Gastly that he was infatuated with the Froslass. I thought about what to be before nodding and going to stand next to Jess, keeping a wary eye on Gastly the whole time to make sure it didn't attack. I then knelt down on one knee and whistled softly to get Jess' attention. When she faced me I saw a bemused expression spread across her features. I held my arms out to her and winked slyly.

"C'mon girl, you're too smart to let a little thing like a Confuse Ray mess up your game. Now come give me a hug, eh, and let Gastly see how cute you can be. And after that you can show off with Powder Snow. It should be awfully lovely right about now, what with the sun just beginning to set and all."

My ploy here was simple: If my encouragement and a good hug didn't snap Jess out of her confusion, then maybe a desire to prove her beauty would be a better form of attack. Not to mention the confidence boost might help her shake off Gastly's Confuse Ray, if all else failed.

And Powder Snow really was a pretty move when performed with the light of sunset to give it fire. Jess would release below-freezing cold from within herself, freezing the water in the air surrounding her and turning it to tiny crystals of soft, powdery ice. This would then be caught up in a soft, chill breeze, summoned from within the Froslass' hollow body, and the ice would swirl, sparkling like tiny diamonds, around her and her foe. Obviously she'd take no damage, but Gastly would take a bit, and best of all, it wouldn't seem like an actual attack to any involved. This worked well, because Jess' gentle nature would prefer non-violent styles of battle, and Gastly wouldn't be distracted by being "attacked", meaning he'd probably (hopefully) be struck dumb by Froslass' prettiness.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Khajmer wasted no time sending out his Alakazam to battle the easy-going Lotad. I have to admit that I was relieved when she acted so friendly towards the young Trainer, after the attitudes from Bibarel and and Buizel.

Khajmer’s Alakazam -Chouno- started things off with a Toxic attack, using his psychic power to activate the dormant, inherit poisons with many Pokemon. He then spit a mouthful of it at Lotad, but the distance was such that Lotad easily had time to dodge. After sliding to the left, she did a sort of shuffle-hop. I thought at first that maybe a bit of Chouno’s Toxic had splattered on her, but then I noticed it beginning to grow dark. I glanced up with a scowl, in time to see numerous dark gray clouds moving over the sun. I smiled faintly, until a fat, cold drop of rain plopped into my right eye.

Blinking and shaking my head as the rain started to fall in earnest, I lowered my gaze to where Lotad was now making an odd coughing-choke sound. After a second the Pokemon’s body jerked, and a mouthful of large, shiny, black-brown seeds the size of a quarter shot from Lotad’s throat. There wer about twenty or so of them, and they scattered all around where Chouno was standing. A few were flying straight at the Psychic, and I admired Lotad’s foresight. No doubt she possessed the Rain Dish Ability, which let her take energy from rain and thus replenish her hit points. If her Leech Seed connected on top of that, she’d be much harder to take down enough to be captured.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 95.22%
-? Female Lotad: 100% {Rain Dish Ability activated} <Leech Seed>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Raining
Leech Seed seeds scattered around
Splattered puddle of Toxic near Lotad

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
95.22%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

OOC: I love Psychic powers.

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

You'd think that perhaps having Chouno use such an obvious attack from such a distance was a mistake. You would be wrong. All part of the strategy.

I had to admit, this Lotad was an intelligent little bugger. Already she was setting up to heal, activating her Rain Dish ability and firing Leech Seeds. If I was right she was going to attempt to stall Chouno out. Unfortunately for her I'm a bit more clever than that.

Chouno, I commanded through my mind. Most of the seeds scattered around you, and only a few are still coming your way. Use Psychic to pick up the missed shots and pull them into a barrier from the shots still in the air. Then I want you to return fire. She can't be inflicted with the seeds because she's a grass type, but the impact should still hurt like hell. Then when she's off guard, pick her up with another Psychic and toss her into the Toxic. Chouno nodded, having recieved his instructions, and reached out with his mind, picking up the handful of future plants and pulling them together in mid-air to intercept the Seed fire.

OOC: I'd write more but the bell rang.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Psychic powers might be useful and all, but they can't solve every problem for you :P.

=====

IC: Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Seemingly out of nowhere, the seeds scattered on the ground around Chouno rose into the air. At the same time, those still coming towards him halted. Then, without warning, the seeds spun through the air back towards Lotad. The little Pokemon didn’t seem at all perplexed by this; perhaps she’d fought Psychic Pokemon before and knew their tricks. Indeed, when the seeds pelted down towards her, the little creature angled her head down and caught them in the leaf on her head, instead of letting any of them hit her.

I noticed the seeds letting loose creepers a second later and scowled, wondering what was going on. Leech Seeds didn’t take root on Grass Pokemon, but for some reason…then, I understood. Even as Lotad was now lifted into the air by Chouno’s psychic powers, the little Pokemon didn’t fret or worry. She only grinned widely, the seeds in her leaf entangling their creepers and combining into one massive seed.

Then, as she was flung through the air towards the puddle from Chouno’s earlier Toxic, Lotad shifted in midair so she was upside down. She landed leaf-first in the puddle, but her leaf was stiff enough that only the rim came into contact with it. Bunching her legs to her body, Lotad kicked out strongly and flipped into the air, using a Water Gun to toss herself backwards. She landed on clean sand, and the rain falling quickly rinsed away the diluted poison she’d landed in. The puddle of Toxic was partly washed away by now, and within a few more seconds the rest would be gone as well.

Now Lotad took advantage of the falling rain, craning her jaws open and spewing forth another Water Gun. She was taking a leaf out of Bibarel’s book, though, or maybe it had been the beaver who learned this trick from Lotad. Instead of just one Water Gun, Lotad emitted four of them, one right after the other. Then she closed her mouth and lowered her head with a violent snap, and the giant seed that had been formed flew free. The rain was coming down harder now, and there was a good chance that neither Khajmer nor Chouno had seen Lotad release the seed. I shook my head at the Pokemon’s clever thinking; she certainly was quite the cunning little tactician!

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
[/B]-Quiet Male Alakazam: 95.22%
-? Female Lotad: 100% {Rain Dish Ability activated} <Water Gun/Seed Bomb>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Raining
Toxic puddle partly washed away

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
95.22%

100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

OOC: It's going down >=O

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

Lotad was even more clever than I had anticipated. She had not only blocked our counterattack, but reversed it as well. Unfortunately for her, I'm good at reacting.

Alright Chouno, start by putting up a Light Screen to reduce the enhanced damage from those Water Gun shots. I think she launched something else too, so as soon as the last Water Gun is through put that spoon to good use and slice through whatever it is with Psycho Cut. The Alakazam immediately brought one of his spoons up and generated wall of light in front of him. It was permeable, but it would slow down whatever came through it. Meanwhile his other spoon was drawn back and charged with psychokinetic energy. When all of her attacks are through, I want you to use Skill Swap to switch your abilities. You'll heal from the Rain, and she may just go into the Toxic puddle willingly then to hurt you with Synchronize. You can Recover throughout the battle, but she can't. Chouno sent back a positive message, indicating that he liked the plan. As soon as you're all set up you can go back on the offensive and go for a Psybeam.

OOC: There's your variety Jess.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Lol, yay variety!

=====

Great Lakes

Chouno took action shortly after Lotad fired off her Seed Bomb. It seemed like the Alakazam was acting on his own, but I’d seen plenty of other Trainers deliver commands to their Psychic Pokemon via telepathy before. It was a bit frustrating at times, not really knowing what was going to happen next with the Trainer’s Pokemon, but then again, it was frustrating to the Wild Pokemon, too. In fact, it was probably more stressful to them, since they wouldn’t know what was coming until it was too late.

The Pokemon raised one of his spoons, and seconds later a wall of translucent pinkish energy fazed into existence before him. In the rain it looked more like an illusion than a semi-solid shield. The Light Screen would steal momentum and strength from certain attacks passing through it, cutting their power to half their original strength. Good idea, for even though Water Gun was a relatively weak Water move, it would be bolstered from the rain showering down on us all. At the same time, Chouno’s other spoon was raised into the air, becoming enveloped by a field of blue-purple energy. The light from the energy was distorted by the rain, making it seem etheral and eerie.

Lotad’s Water Guns struck the barrier at pretty much the same moment Chouno’s attack, a Psycho Cut, was ready for use. The four bullets of water hit and immediately slowed, some of the water of each getting shaved off and splashing to the ground. The remainder of the attacks hit Chouno, two in the chest, one in the stomach, and one against his lower right leg. The Alakazam didn’t let this distract him in the least, because his arm swung down the next instant and struck the large seed that had flown unimpeded through the Light Screen.

Unfortunately, it seemed Khajmer didn’t take into account the possible nature of the attack he must had noticed Lotad using. When Chouno’s spoon hit the hard, shiny case of the seed, the unstable energy within promptly detonated. The damage would have been greater had the seed hit Alakazam head-on, or even if some other attack had collided with it. As it was, the psychic energy enshrouding the spoon absorbed most of the blast, leaving Chouno to suffer only from the fringes of the explosion.

While Lotad blinked, clearly not having expected such an outcome, Chouno began to wave his spoons in a complex pattern. A sickly purple light encased both, and then the light arched from the spoons, both aimed directly towards Lotad. Seeing this, the little Pokemon glanced about, most likely trying to figure out what a good countermeasure against this unknown threat was. I’d seen the likes of Skill Swap used only one or two times before this, and it was always interesting to see how Pokemon who’d never seen it before reacted to it.

Finally, not seeming to know what else to do, Lotad decided to simply dodge the twin beams. Sadly, she was so focused on avoiding the Skill Swap that she moved right behind the rapidly vanishing puddle from Chouno’s earlier Toxic. When the beams of the Skill Swap followed her, Lotad jumped forward, attempting to duck under the attack. Her little feet landed right in the middle of the Toxic puddle, and she didn’t notice at first because the poison had been diluted so much. Not enough, though, to spare the small Pokemon, it seemed, for a few moments later she yelped as if in pain. She staggered to the left, scraping her feet across the wet sand in an effort to wipe away the midly acidic poison, but it was clear some of it had already been abosrbed through her skin.

By now, at least, Chouno’s Skill Swap had run out of juice and faded away. Not letting this stop him in the least, the Psychic started to carry out another order. I was surpirsed Khajmer had given him so many commands; Pokemon of a Quiet personality weren’t reall y good at handling so many orders in a row. They preferred a command here, a command there. Chouno was doing a surprisingly good job for a Quiet Pokemon, but it would only be a matter of time before his luck gave out. Hopefully Khajmer wouldn’t keep pushing it.

Chouno raised a spoon and a hazy cloud of reddish-purple light fogged into being around it. The creepy glow then started to expand outward with an odd rippling, like how water rippled when a stone was dropped into it. With each new ripple, the energy field grew larger and larger. It reached Lotad, who was once again trying to wipe her feet clean, and washed over the small Pokemon. Giving a strangled sort of cry, Lotad stiffened, then somehow found the fortitude to throw herself to the ground. Thankfully, Chouno’s Psywave wasn’t large enough to reach her when she pressed against the sand, and as she waited for the attack to end she started to prepare one of her own.

Giving a sort of cheeky smile I didn’t think either Khajmer or Chouno could see, Lotad shook her head and caused some of the rain pooling inside her leaf to splash over the edges. At the same time I saw tiny green tendrils, almost like roots, grow up about an inch from the bottom of the leaf. Each one then started to glow with glittering transparent emerald energy. The indivdual glows soon ran together and formed one large orb, cupped in the leaf and nearly impossible to see through the rain. By now Chouno’s Psywave had come to an end, and wasting no time, Lotad got to her feet and charged at the Alakazam. I didn’t know what she was planning, but I had a feeling it wasn’t what it seemed.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
[/B]-Quiet Male Alakazam: 72.48%
-? Female Lotad: 76.76% [PSN] {Rain Dish Ability activated} <Charging>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Raining

Pokemon Stats:
72.48%

100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-04-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

OOC: Wow long post. So, in that light, I'm going to make a fairly short one!

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

It seemed that my strategy that time, though imperfect, had still worked out well. Lotad was poisoned and had been hit by Chouno's Psywave as well, causing a fair amount of damage while the Alakazam had only taken some from far more hits. Unfortunately, the rain was falling all the heavier now, making it very difficult to see Lotad. I cursed myself for never teaching Chouno to control the weather and instead relied on what I could see, namely a large glowing something on Lotad's outline rushing towards him. Whatever it was it loked big and powerful.

Okay Chouno, I have no idea what's coming, so rather than try to counter it I want you to defend yourself. Set up a Substitute and then use Recover. Hopefully if we can't see Lotad she can't see us so once you're done with that Teleport to her other side and remain out of sight. Use your Substitute as a decoy for as long as it survives and we can snipe her from the distance after that until the rain ends.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OoC: sorry for the extreme lateness, I've been like, REAL busy, and still am. Also, I find it funny that a Slugma has gender... I mean, it's a FIRE SLUG- not for the fire part though, but because slugs are usually renown for being able to change genders xD

Ranger Hyacinth
Mt. Deckbi

Alden looked really happy at the prospect of having caught another Pokemon in the Park- and Hyacinth felt good too. He liked helping out, so it only came natural that he'd enjoy second-hand happiness, especially from someone as enthusiast as Alden.

"I'd be glad to take care of Slugma's Pokeball too, if you wish," he replied just as Alden retreated for a second, in order to call forth his Flareon and ask him about the flaming slug's gender. Turns out the Slugma's a girl.

"Thank you buddy," Alden said to his Flareon as he returned him into his Pokeball, then, after handing Slugma's Parkball to the ranger, he eyed the cave for a moment. "Now how about we continue on into this cave?"

"Sure thing," Hyacinth replied with a smile as he led the way.

Usually, you'd need some kind of light source to travel down a cave. It wasn't the case of Mt. Oktori though, mainly because the presence of fire Pokemon at every corner pretty much had it covered naturally. Although it was rather dim in the beginning, as not much light filtered from the outside due to the everlasting screen of falling ash, there was enough to tell the path and avoid tripping on some misplaced rock of the warm, dry cave- amd there were a lot of rocks you could trip onto. Luckily Hyacinth didn't bring out any Pokemon himself, it'd only be more troublesome if he tripped on one of them.

They kept walking the cave for a while, when they came to a better lit turn- after they followed it, they noticed a fork in the path of the cave, and right between the two separate ways, there was a napping Slugma, its flaming body giving off a warm radiation that rendered the cave easily navigable.

"Looks like there's another Slugma," Hyacinth whispered, trying not to wake it up. "I don't think you want to fight this, do you? We'd better keep going if you don't, we don't know how it'll react when it wakes up."

He really had to say it, right? The words that usually turn the situation for the worse- like "It's not like they'll cut the power right in the middle of a very important and low on time research, right?" or "C'mon, there's one-in-a-million chance that big scary monster will actually go after us."

From the right path, a booming sound was heard- as if something was hitting the wall in a fit of rage. The sudden noise woke the fire slug up, and it groggily watched the two unknown figures with very little interest...

Area effect: Uneven terrain of a lit cave- there's enough room to battle, and a fork in the path opens in front of the two boys. From the right path comes a booming sound.

Encounter #6
Slugma (??/??/??)

Trainer Stats:
Name: Alden Umstar
Items: Park Ball x4, Super Ball x4, Full Heal x2, Max Potion x3

Pokemon:
~ Female Calm Umbreon (Synchronize) 88.11%
Extra Moves: Toxic TM

Male Adamant Flareon (Flash Fire) 78.87%

Pokemon Captured:
Timid Geodude
Cautious Slugma

Previous Encounters:
#1 - Timid Male Geodude (Rock Head) - Captured.
#2 - Geodude - Trainer Fled.
#3 - Cubone - Trainer Fled.
#4 - Diglett - Trainer Fled.
#5 - Cautious Female Slugma (Flame Body) - Captured.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Remember to describe your Pokemon’s moves, not just state them.

=====

Great Lakes

Lotad rushed at Chouno, the glittering orb contained in her leaf popping and snapping like a live wire. I wondered what she was planning on doing with that Energy Ball, but that thought was cut short when the little Pokemon slid to a halt and threw her head down. The ball was launched from her leaf, speeding towards Chouno like a bullet. Then, the little Pokemon jerked her head up, her cheeks bulging with a sudden mouthful of something. She spat and it turned out to be another round of Leech Seeds. I had the feeling the Energy Ball was just a distraction, an immediate threat to draw Chouno’s attention from the less obvious one.

However, I noticed something odd about Chouno’s appearance. There were faint ripples of psychic energy radiating from him, and he was waggling his spoons around as if conducting it. The ripples started to take on a definite form, becoming a transparent Alakazam. It took on more and more substance, solidifying slowly. Too slowly, actually…

Lotad’s Energy Ball struck the forming Substitute before it was complete. In turn, the Substitute seemed to fracture some, and the Energy Ball split into several smaller orbs. These smashed into the sand and when they hit, small explosion tossed fountains of sand into the air.

Thankfully for Chouno, the Substitute was solid enough to protect him from Lotad’s Leech Seed. The seeds struck the fractured Substitute and either stuck to it or bounced off. As Chouno refocused on getting the Substitute finished, Lotad narrowed her eyes and took a moment to assess the situation.

After another second or two, Chouno’s Substitute was finished. I heard a cracking sound ring out over the falling rain and saw a brief, dull blast of light that signaled a teleportation, but Lotad didn’t seem to see the flash. The crack, though, made her jump; she’d obviously been planning what to do and had been so focused on that effort that the sound had startled her. Now alert, the little Pokemon shook herself and took a few steps towards Chouno’s Substitute. I could tell by her movements she thought it was the real Chouno, and when a second crack sounded out (indicating that the Alakazam had reappeared somewhere), Lotad didn’t pay it any mind. She probably thought it was thunder or something.

Without warning, the Pokemon leapt forward and charged at the Substitute, and upon reaching it she slammed her leaf into its stomach. When she dropped back to the ground I noticed a thin vine connecting her to the Substitute, not a physical one, but one made purely of energy. The vine glowed faintly at first, but then burst into brilliant green light as Lotad executed a Mega Drain, siphoning energy from the Substitute. After ten or so seconds the tendril of energy lost its glow and then faded altogether, leaving Lotad looking a bit smugger than before. Ironic really, considering she didn’t realize she’d just attacked a Substitute.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
[/B]-Quiet Male Alakazam: 87.61% [SUB @ 17.51%]
-? Female Lotad: 80.98% [PSN] {Rain Dish Ability activated}

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Raining
Leech Seed seeds scattered around again, some sticking to the Substitute but not sprouting

Pokemon Stats:
87.61%

100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-06-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

OOC: Mwahahahaha. I love it when my evil plans work. Too bad I put Taunt on Chouno after I entered the Park.

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

For once my tactical maneuvering actually outdid this Lotad. She had fallen for the ploy with the Substitute, and although I wasn't happy that she was recovering health, I had a distinct upper-hand.

All right Chouno, hit her with Confusion! It'll be even more likely to Confuse her when she sees that your Substitute isn't doing anything. Then snipe her from the side with a Charge Beam to energize yourself! I couldn't see my partner well enough to tell exactly what he was doing anymore, but I could still sense the psychic energies that he was giving off as he prepared the attack through our connection, as well as the build-up of electricity in his spoon.

OOC: Short post is short, but short lunch period is shorter.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Gah, another big post @__@.

=====

Great Lakes

Lotad was glaring at Chouno’s Substitute, as if beginning to realize something wasn’t right. I wondered if she’d ever seen one before. After all, she’d shown she was quite smart and rather cunning. She’d acted unfazed by most of what she’d seen so far, but there was always the chance no Pokemon had ever created a Substitute in a battle against her.

Now the little Lotad took a step towards the Sub, which was simply staring at the smaller Pokemon. The Grass/Water Type shook the leaf on her head, looking like she was going to try another Mega Drain. After all, her foe hadn’t reacted in the slightest after her last one.

Before she had a chance to do anything more, I saw a blue haze fog into existence around it. It was faint at first and nearly invisible through the rain, and I only really noticed it when Lotad started to thrash about, giving a yelp of surprise. The bluish haze grew thicker and stronger, and inside it Lotad was, for lack of a better term, totally freaking out. She flung herself around, sometimes tripping and kicking at the sand before staggering upright and lashing out some more.

When the haze from what I now realized was a Confusion attacked faded, Lotad crouched near the ground and panted for a moment, casting her gaze around wildly for the source of her assailant. Her eyes passed over the Substitute, which she growled at. She then stood straight and shook herself, still making that odd growling noise. Then, much to my surprise, she charged at the Substitute and flung herself at it bodily. She angled herself after her leap, slamming her side roughly into the stomach of the Sub. A Double-Edge attack! Her father most have known it and passed it on to her.

A cracking sound drew my attention fully back to the battle. I watched as the Substitute, having taken a great deal of damage from that last attack, fractured and then shattered. Lotad fell through the pieces of the broken Sub and hit the ground with several bits raining down on her. That turned out to be to her advantage, though, because at that moment a whirling cannon of crackling yellow electricity entered my line of view. It flew towards Lotad and hit her side, but the pieces of the Substitute on top of her absorbed some of the attack. She was also grounded, which cancelled out the conductive properties of the falling rain.

About five seconds after the Charge Beam petered out, Lotad shakily got to her feet. She stared, somewhat dumbly, at the fading remains of the Substitute, then shook herself roughly and peered around. Her gaze cocked upwards after her inspection of the area, and it seemed she’d decided the rain was doing her more harm than good. Opening her jaws, the Pokemon began what looked like a deep-breathing excerise. In fact, she was releasing gases within her body that would convert water to steam. This is how they used their Mist attack, by mixing these gases with water from their internal reservoir. Gas was released into the reservoir, and the resulting mist was breathed out.

Now, though, Lotad was releasing this gas into the air. At first it seemed to do little good, but then I saw a thickening cloud of fog spreading from Lotad. As the cloud got bigger, the gas converted any nearby water into more mist. It wasn’t long before Lotad was lost in a fog so thick it was impossible to see through. Now she was hidden from view, and on top of that the rain was starting to let up. Using her Mist to counter the affect of her earlier Rain Dance was ingenious on a level that was surprising for a Wild Pokemon. I hoped Khajmer would start treading more carefully, since the little Pokemon would only get more and more cunning as she lost hit points.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 87.61% [Special Attack increased]
-? Female Lotad: 43.30% [PSN] {Rain Dish Ability activated}

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Rain is letting up
Leech Seed seeds scattered around again
Battlefield is becoming foggy from Lotad’s Mist

Pokemon Stats:
87.61%

100%

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^