Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:00 PM
AUfan Offline

Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

"Quick," Hyacinth suggested worried. "Make him get away as soon as possible, or else your Pokemon is going to get poisoned too!"

Alden turned back to Flareon, who was currently enveloped in the Toxic fog. "Quick Flareon, get out of there," Alden yelled. The pokemon hopped out of the fog, and landed in front of the Slugma. He was breathing a little hard but he didn't appear to have inhaled enough of the fumes to cause internal poisoning. "Are you alright Flareon?" asked Alden, worried. The Fiery pokemon nodded his head defiantly, but Alden wasn't assured. The pokemon always had been stubborn, and would never have willingly told his trainer if he had a problem that would take him out of the battle anyway. With a frown, Alden reluctantly decided to keep him in the battle though.

His thoughts then turned to the Slugma, who was currently in the middle of a toxic cloud, and who appeared to be preparing to curl up into a defensive, hardening position. "How are we going to attack that thing..." said Alden under his breath. "Flareon could reach it with a Quick Attack before it got a chance to fortify its defenses, but then Flareon risks poison." Then a thought came to his mind.

Fire may not do much damage to Slugma, though Alden, but many toxins are flammable. If Flareon were to fire a flamethrower into the noxious smog cloud, not only would flamethrower's damage not be reduced by a mere hardening move, the fire would likely ignite the smog creating a chain reaction. That could severly damage the Slugma. "Alright Flareon," said Alden to his pokemon. "Use a flamethrower at the Slugma."

The pokemon turned to Alden and looked at his trainer in a confused manner, as if to say,"But a fire attack will do little damage to a Slugma!"

"Just trust me on this one Flareon," said Alden. "Use Flamethrower."

Flareon turned back to the Slugma and lowered his body to the ground. The Flame on his tail ignited once again, and the air around the pokemon began to sizzle with heat. Flareon's mane also lit up and began to blaze with a brilliant orange glow. Then the pokemon opened up his mouth. Out shot a steady stream of fire aimed straight at the Slugma and the cloud of Smog that surrounded it.

OOC: I believe I read somewhere that most poison attacks are flammable, arn't they?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: My bad, Khaj, I’m sorry about confusing you and taking control of your Mon when you had plans ^^’. I’ll make it up to you :3.

=====

IC:
Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

When Khajmer suddenly shouted his Alakazam’s next orders, I almost jumped in surprise. Luckily, I was more composed than most people, so I only twitched a little. Bidoof poked his nose out from under my coat, watching the battle intently. I assumed he hoped Dratini got was was coming to her.

Alakazam instantly obeyed his Trainer’s orders, letting his Reflect dissolve as he vanished with a faint gleam of light and a dull CRACK! Sound. When he reappeared, he was out of the range of Dratini’s Outrage. The Dragon hit the sand about a foot from where Alakazam had been standing, wrenching her head around and aiming the continuing arrack at the Psychic.

Alakazam was ready. Raising his spoons, he drew electrical charges from the air around himself and focused them into a crackling, pale-yellow orb. Just as the red stream of energy pulsing from Dratini would have struck, Alakazam let his Charge Beam fly. The sphere of electricity stretched itself into a long, thin beam, jumping through the air to smash head-first into Dratini’s Outrage. For a moment it seemed the two attacks were evenly matched, but the Dratini’s Outrage split in two. One half of the attack went wide and crashed into the sand a few feet from Alakazam; the other clipped his right side. At the same time, his Charge Beam ripped down the middle of Dratini’s attack and then hit her square in the jaws. The Outrage ended as the serpentine Dragon was hurled to the ground, giving a strangled hiss of surprise.

She recovered quickly enough, and at the same time the remnants of Alakazam’s Charge Beam retracted, absorbing into his spoons and giving him a power boost. Glaring hatefully at the Psychic, Dratini lifted herself about two feet into the air and gave shrill squeal. Tendrils of pale, translucent blue energy rose from her whole body, spiraling higher and higher as they grew darker and morphed into a whirlwind of power. Once the Twister took on the color of a blazing sapphire, Draini snapped her head down and sent the attack spinning towards Alakazam. Sand was whipped into the air and sucked into the Twister, creating a sort of veil that partially hid each battler from each other. The Twister, which towered at least three feet above its target, emitted a loud screeching sound as it bore down on the Psychic. It sounded like someone tearing metal apart or something. I flinched, the sound pummeling my ears, and Bidoof whimpered as he pressed against me. He’d obviously felt the power of Dratini’s Twister once before.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 64% (Special Attack +2, Special Defense +1)
-? Female Dratini: 54.19% [CON] <Twister>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Khajmer
Money: 5,500

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
64%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 2 Hyper Balls, Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered: Dratini {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-09-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

The swirling hurricane of draconic energy deafened me with a sound best likened to nails on a blackboard. It screeched along, kicking up sand in its wake and casting a cloud which masked the two combatants from each other. Chouno's leg trembled ever so slightly at the powerful sight, so faint that anyone would rightly miss it. Anyone but me.

Chouno, do not show weakness,. I mentally reprimanded him as the sheer noise would have cut out my voice. You are the Grand General of my forces and you will show that in everything you do. Now relax while I think of something. My mind raced as I sought a strategy to counter the Twister, but I could come up with nothing. Then I had a better thought. All right Chouno, here's the deal. You're going to get hit by that Twister, it's unavoidable. But, you can still use it to your advantage. Can you sense Dratini's mind? Chouno closed his eyes and blocked out the roaring of the swiftly approaching tornado. His senses extended beyond the physical one and he concentrated on the mental ones. I linked our minds to get a better idea of what he could sense.

Beyond the dust storm was a multitude of minds in the pool of water, but amongst them we could identify Dratini. Its emotions were angry, its thought patters rife with the chaos of post-Outrage confusion, and behind that was the distinct energy signature of a Dragon type, of which I knew Dratini was the only one in the Great Lakes. I issued a new command. All right Chouno, we're going to turn its own attack against it. Home in on it using its mind. Then take advantage of its psychotic mental state and your own increased energy with Psychic to pluck it out of the water, and toss it into the Twister. Then brace yourself for a ride.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OoC: why, I would've suggested you to do that if you didn't figure it out yourself.

Ranger Hyacinth
Mt. Deckbi

Alden quickly ordered his Flareon to get away from the smog, to avoid the poisoning. Luckily the Fire Pokemon managed to succeed in evading the nasty side-effect. The train er then racked his brain, trying to find out a way to penetrate the toxic shield- then, it dawned on him. Toxic attacks are flammable!

"Flareon, use Flamethrower at the Slugma!" he ordered, as Flareon gave him a doubtful look. "Trust me on this one."

Flareon decided not to defy his trainer, as he had no reason to. His bushy tail flared up, and the golden mane seemed alight with new energy as the Pokemon prepared the flames inside his body.

The attack was fired, blazing embers rotating in the air to the Slugma, who by then had finished performing the defensive move and had started preparing another move. It braced for the incoming flames as they ignited the poisonous screen, creating a wall of flames that blocked the view.

Slugma was breathing heavily after the attack hit. It wasn't very effective, but still strong. Protected by the firewall, the Pokemon started emitting heat, shedding lava to create a new "skin", trying to heal up.

Area effect: Ash Rain.
Uneven terrain. Entrance of a cave. The smogscreen was ignited, and is now a flame wall that blocks the view of Slugma.

Encounter #5
Slugma (??/??/??) 25.10%
(Defense raised) ]Recover[

Trainer Stats:
Name: Alden Umstar
Items: Park Ball x5, Super Ball x4, Full Heal x2, Max Potion x3

Pokemon:
Female Calm Umbreon (Synchronize) 100%
Extra Moves: Toxic TM

~Male Adamant Flareon (Flash Fire) 86.37%

Previous Encounters:
#1 - Timid Male Geodude (Rock Head) - Captured.
#2 - Geodude - Trainer Fled.
#3 - Cubone - Trainer Fled.
#4 - Diglett - Trainer Fled.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: I know I said I’d try to catch one, but I’ve changed my mind ^^’.

=====

IC: Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

"Well, sweetie. I got what I was lookin' for. I'd be careful if I were you...I don't see ye handling an Absol,” Jake said with a mocking, sneering smile. I felt my ire rising; had this little punk just threatened me? He went on to ask why we were going to a cave, because it looked dark. Amonea ignored him and asked if I was ready. I answered with a nod, and we headed up the trail as I turned to Jake, giving a cold, hard smile myself.

“Well, you little snob, I haven’t handled an Absol because I haven’t run into one. You should talk; you were terrified of a Chimecho! I was worried you’d wet yourself. And now you’re afraid to go to a little cave because it’s just a bit dark?” My smile faded, replaced with a hard, unwavering glare. With my odd eyes, it tended to unnerve most people. “You’re not in any position to throw threats around, you little brat. I don’t care if you did find what you were looking for. Learn some respect or I’ll personally make sure to see you off the island. And you won’t like it when I do.”

I then turned my back on the snotty twit and paid attention to our surroundings. The cave was dark and cool, a strong contrast to the light, warm air outside. I smiled and looked around; I’d always liked caves and stuff. They just seemed relaxing, to me. My gaze was drawn to movement to the shadows several feet beyond us. I watched as a black nose poked from the darkness, followed by a small, scraggly gray form. The little canine had piercing yellow eyes, which studied me with keen alertness.

“Poochyena!” Amonea exclaimed, adding, “two of them..." as another snout pushed its way into sight. This one remained in the shadows; maybe it was shy or afraid. The first Poochyena watched me, not acting frightened or aggressive, and I took that as a good sign. I moved forward a few paces and crouched down, smiling as I draped my arms over my knees.

“Why hello there, little ones,” I said, my voice low but friendly. “If it’s all right with you, we’d like to explore the cave. I promise we won’t be long and we won’t bother you. But if you don’t want us around we can go to another cave and look around.” Hopefully the pups wouldn’t mind letting us pass. I didn’t feel like battling or catching either; they looked too young for that sort of thing, and I was strongly against catching a Pokemon before it had reached a certain age. Beating up on babies or otherwise inexperienced Pokemon left a bad taste in my mouth.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
AUfan Offline

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

Alden was overjoyed. His plan had worked, and the Slugma had taken heavy damage. However, it had not exactly worked to perfection. Although the Slugma had taken heavy damage, it now had a flame wall to hide behind and it appeared as though the Slugma was beginning to heal itself. Alden's ecstatism turned to frustration. "What should I do now..." thought Alden as he stared at the Slugma, frowning. Meanwhile Flareon turned back to his trainer as if asking for a command.

"Well," said Alden to his Flareon, "The Slugma appears to be very tired but I don't think I could hit it with a Parkball behind that flame wall. I guess I'm going to have to send you back in there to do some more damage with a light attack, and then once the Slugma has healed, we can hit it with a power attack and catch it. Does that sound like a plan Flareon?" Alden's pokemon nodded his head. "Alright then. Charge into that Slugma with a Quick Attack."

Flareon turned back to the Slugma. He bent his knees, lowering his body to the ground. Then, he took off at an amazingly fast speed. Flareon was barely visible as he speedily charged into the Fire Wall, right towards the Slugma.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

I couldn’t really see what was happening, thanks to the Twister throwing sand all over the darn place. I could hear the screeching of the attack, and Dratini’s confused squealing. Then I noticed a sort of lavender hue coalescing around the stricken Dragon, enveloping her completely. In her frazzled state, the Pokemon didn’t notice it, instead thrashing about uselessly and screaming randomly.

Then her mind seemed to clear for a moment, as she was jerked into the air by an invisible force. With a startled hiss, the Dragon twisted her body around madly, trying to get away from whatever was picking her up. Her wide, crazed eyes spotted Alakazam, and she fell still for a moment as a maddened screech tore from her. It was loud enough to ring out over the din of her Twister.

Then something happened I wasn’t expecting, and apparently neither was the Dragon. Instead of being smacked into the ground or something, she was tossed right at her own attack. Dratini flailed around haplessly, emitting an angry cry as she was sucked into her Twister.

Apparently, it was enough to drive the Dragon insane. I couldn’t really tell much of what was happening after Alakazam got caught up in the whirlwind; there was too much sand and whirling of bodies. However, I did see several weak pulses of yellow-gold electricity lash out from within the Twister; in her confused, enraged state of mind, Dratini was firing off random Thunder Waves. At one point she was thrown into Alakazam with enough force to throw the Psychic out of the Twister, which ended a moment later and deposited the dazed Dragon on the sand. She blinked a few times, sluggishly, shaking her head in an effort to clear it.

And then, she fell still. Absolutely unmoving. I saw her eyes clear; she’d snapped out of her confusion. And now she was pissed. Her eyes narrowed as she drew about four feet of her thick, long body into the air, a low, dangerous hiss coming from her. She locked her gaze on Alakazam, and I could feel the malice directed at him. At the same time she was glaring hatefully at the Psychic, she started swaying from side to side, like a cobra about to strike. Slowly, a haze of red-blue energy formed around her, absorbing into her body a second later.

And then, quite suddenly, she coiled in on herself and braced her tail on the ground, then lunged straight up into the air. At a height of about ten or so feet she lost her momentum, arching her body and plummeting towards the ground. More specifically, towards Alakazam, and I knew that Dragon Dance-boosted Dragon Dive would hurt if it connected, especially after Dratini’s intimidating Leer.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 45.22% (Special Attack +2, Special Defense +1, Defense -1)
-? Female Dratini: 28.32% [Attack/Speed +1] <Dragon Dive>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Khajmer
Money: 5,500

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
45.22%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 2 Hyper Balls, Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered: Dratini {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-09-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Dragoness Offline

Wink Re: URPG National Park Main RP

OOC: What?! No! You must take home a puppy! You no like puppies? :'(

IC:

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

The small dogs growled, vivid yellow eyes flashing, but they allowed Saundra to pass. My blood starting to boil from the creep following us, I followed her. I wasn't mad enough to beat the twirp who was following us into a puddle of scum, but I was not in a good mood either. Kaci, stooping his head to avoid the ceiling, walked behind me, his claws gently touching my shoulder, his mouth working fast as he talked to the pups. Glancing back, I saw them nod at the large Dragonite.

"Growl! Grrrl!" The sudden noise came just as we had passed the puppies. I had halted Saundra, explaining to her the need for light as we were entering so deep in the caves that inky blackness surrounded us.

Whipping around, I spotted the cause. The Poochyenas had come up at Jake, barking furiously at him. He was pressed against the cave wall, looking more irritated than scared while Chimecho floated beside him, glaring down at the curs.

"Stop it!" I said coldly, but I smiled, giving Kaci a knowing glance. The dogs didn't stop, but continued to push Jake back, towards the entrance.

Grrrool

That caught my attention. I was probably getting whiplash now as I turned around to look behind Saundra and me. The deep, dark growl came from a creature before us, waist height with glowing red eyes. It took a step forward, the very dim light barely illuminating it.

Mightyena. Either the mother or the dad of the pups was here. Of course! Why didn't I realize? The pups wouldn't be alone, their family would be nearby.

"Oh no," I muttered.

------
Mightyena
Ability: Intimidate

Encounters Remaining: 8

Area Effects: We're in a cave, its rather dark. Some light, please? Also, in the middle of a cave, pups at the entrance with Jake, Mightyena standing a few feet from us.

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer

Official Location: Meteor Valley

Change: 59,500

Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Scizor 49% {Not in combat}
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: [Male] Mightyena, [Male] Mr. Mime,

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2,

Ongoing battles:
Old 10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

The Poochyena seemed hesitant, but they moved aside to let me by. I smiled at them and nodded as I stood, walking past them. I then reached to my pack, getting ready to call out my Froslass, Jess. She could fill the crystals on her head with light and provide decent, if not strong, illumination for us. However, I was stopped cold when the Poochyena started growling. I turned to find them heckling Jake, who moved away from them until his back was pressed against one of the cave walls. He looked irritated, oddly enough, and Chimecho was glaring at the pups beside the young man.

"Stop it!" Amonea told them in a stern voice, but the pups ignored her and kept trying to herd Jake from the cave. I narrowed my eyes, wondering why the little Pokemon didn't trust him and not really caring. The fact that they were trying to drive him away was proof enough that he didn't need to be around.

I switched tactics, going to grab the Ball of Seagem, my own Dragonite, instead of Jess'. I was getting ready to draw the sphere from my pack when I heard a deeper, more savage growl fill the air behind me. It wasn't long ago since I heard that sort of snarling, and I turned slowly, cautiously, to find a Mightyena emerge from the shadows. It was probably some relative of the Poochyena, a parent or cousin or sibling or something. It didn't really make a difference; what mattered is that it would probably see all of us as a threat, not just Jake. I raised both hands, leaving Seagem's Ball in my Pack, and held them, palms out, towards Mightyena in an "I'm unarmed and mean no harm" gesture.

"We aren't here to hurt or bother you or yours," I told the Pokemon. Then I pointedly glanced at Jake and added, "But I'm not so sure about that one, to be perfectly honest. I'd like to explore the cave with my Ranger," I motioned towards Amonea with my head, "but I really don't like the idea of that other guy following us into dark, enclosed spaces. If it wouldn't be any trouble, maybe you could keep an eye on him here while we go on ahead? Even better, you can escort him away from here, if you like."

I kept my voice low and gentle, not only because I didn't want to startle or alarm the wolf, but because I didn't want Jake overhearing what I was saying. Hopefully the Mightyena would feel like helping us out; otherwise, I had a feeling we'd be having to deal with Jake's unpleasantness for the rest of the trip, and the idea of having my visit spoiled by the twit made my stomach boil.

=====

OOC: I forgot about Grader Wages XD. I currently have 70,400.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-06-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:10 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OoC: Just a note, the flame wall was blocking you Slugma's view, so your trainer wouldn't know about it using Recover. Just a head-ups ^^

Ranger Hyacinth
Mt. Deckbi

A plan was hatching in the trainer's mind as he witnessed the flickering flame shield- the Slugma was getting weak, but it still had some health left. "Let's lower its health a little more, shall we?" Alden said, receiving a nod from his Pokemon. "Alright then. Charge into that Slugma with a Quick Attack."

The flaming canine rasped the ground with his paw, before charging forth with a sudden burst of speed, colliding with the flame wall- which then made for a simply spectacular show. Flareon gyrated in the fire, reveling as the embers sparked and danced around him, eventually creeping closer and getting absorbed in his body.

"W... Wow! That's... that's Flash Fire activating!" Hyacinth shouted marveling. "I never saw that happening before!

Superated the obstacle- which didn't prove to be an obstacle at all- the fire Pokemon touched the ground and pushed forward again, connecting his attack right as Slugma finished its Recover, therefore not having a chance to get away.

After some bobbing due to the recoil and having some bones, the Slugma took its chances with an attack, since the proximity allowed for maximum effect. Heating up its backside, something seemed to appear on it- a rock or something. Somehow, due to friction or pressure or lord knows how, it shot up, quickly followed by others, aimed at different places.

And they soon began to fall down.

Area effect: Ash Rain.
Uneven terrain. Entrance of a cave. The flame wall was partly absorbed by Flareon, and the embers who are left will soon die by themselves

Encounter #5
Slugma (??/??/??) 58.74% (Defense raised) ]Rock Throw[

Trainer Stats:
Name: Alden Umstar
Items: Park Ball x5, Super Ball x4, Full Heal x2, Max Potion x3

Pokemon:
Female Calm Umbreon (Synchronize) 100%
Extra Moves: Toxic TM

~Male Adamant Flareon (Flash Fire) 86.37% (Flash Fire activated)

Previous Encounters:
#1 - Timid Male Geodude (Rock Head) - Captured.
#2 - Geodude - Trainer Fled.
#3 - Cubone - Trainer Fled.
#4 - Diglett - Trainer Fled.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Dragoness Offline

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

OOC: Well, you were creative and while Pokemon are smart and can usually be reasoned with...this one is still wild, you are still intruding on its territory and you;re bothering its pups (Jake is anyway and Mightyena doesn't know any better than to protect her puppies in case you decide to attack 'em)

IC:

Mightyena didn't really like Saundra, it appeared. Dark red eyes flashing, she growled deep in her throat and took several steps toward the girl. "Let's go," I said curtly. I backed up slowly, past Kaci and tugged on Saundra, indicating she should go as well.

Just then, I heard a pup yip in pain. Jerking my head around, I cursed. Jake had taken a kick at one of the guys. "No! You twit, you--" I never finished my sentence as Kaci growled and suddenly threw herself forward and in front of Saundra.

Mightyena, it seemed, had taken offense to whatever was going on and had jumped at Saundra! Kaci stood in front of the girl, talking to the dog as it got up, shaking its fur. It had been stunned, unexpectedly smacking into Kaci's tough scales instead of soft human skin.

"Kaci, please talk to her or him or whatever while I get Saundra out of here!" I yelled. Kaci nodded, blocking Mightyena as it jumped up again. Grabbing on Saundra's shoulder, I yelled, "Come on!" and started to run across the rough stone floor. Jumping over the two puppies, who were busy glaring and barking at Jake, I rushed onto the twisty path, saw the edge coming up and..."Woah!" I screamed.

I fell. Panicking, the feeling of no air beneath me, I scrambled, turning in mid-air, I grasped the edge of the path. The feeling of dirt and grass filled my fingers as I hung onto the edge of the road, twenty feet below me was solid ground.

"A little help, please!" I called out.

------
Mightyena
Ability: Intimidate

Encounters Remaining: 7

Area Effects: We're in a cave, its rather dark. Some light, please? Also, in the middle of a cave, pups at the entrance with Jake, Mightyena standing a few feet from us.

Change: 70,400

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2,

Ongoing battles:

Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 PM
AUfan Offline

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

It was an amazing scene to watch. As Flareon stepped through the fiery wall, it was almost as though he was actually absorbing the embers through his body. "W... Wow! That's... that's Flash Fire activating!" Hyacinth shouted marveling. "I never saw that happening before! Alden was impressed too. He had seem Flareon activate his Flash Fire before but it had always been in response to an actual attack. If Flareon could activate his ability through simply absorbing Fire in the environment around him... Alden shivered. It was kind of scary to think of how powerful his pokemon could become.

Meanwhile, The Slugma had started its counter-attack, which appeared to be a rock throw. "Quickly... I need to think of a way for Flareon to avoid those rocky shards and still attack the Slugma," Alden thought to himself. "Maybe... well its worth a try..."

"Now Flareon," yelled Alden. "Cuddle up with that Slugma." The pokemon turned to his trainer, an incredulous look on his face. "Don't give me that look," responded the trainer. "Do you want to get hid by that Rock Throw or not? Get as close as you can to that pokemon... its not like it will be able to move away from you fast and I doubt a fire type like Slugma would risk hitting itself with a Rock Attack. O, and after you are throughly pressed up against the Slugma, go ahead and attack it with a Fire Fang Attack." Flareon, with a look of bewilderment on his face, started to move in on the Slugma. As he was doing so, a ring of fire appeared around the edges of his mouth. Flareon rushed toward the Slugma, in an attempt to avoid the rock throw and cause some damage at the same time.

"Well its a long shot," thought Alden to himself, "But its worth a try. Flareon can't afford to get hit by those rocks and I would like to take advantage of Flash Fire by using a Fire type attack."

OOC: well at least its an original method of attempting to avoid attacks...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: The wolfy dun like me ;_;…

=====

IC: Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

Holy crap, THAT didn’t go over well! Mightyena apparently didn’t like me, and I can’t really say I blamed it. Thankfully, Amonea’s Dragonite had super-fast reflexes, flinging herself in front of me when the Mightyena lunged. The wolf rebounded off Kaci’s thick hide instead of ripping me to pieces.

Amonea asked her Dragonite to talk to Mightyena while at the same time gripping my shoulder. I nodded and whirled, following her as she dashed for the mouth of the cave. By the wall, the Poochyena were still snarling and growling at Jake. I had heard the yelp, but I didn’t know what the idiot boy had done. He’d probably thrown a rock at one of the pups or something.

Amonea leapt nimbly over the little dogs, and I followed right behind her. I shot Jake a death-glare, hoping he received a nice bite or scratch for all the hassle he’d caused, and it was then I heard Amonea scream. I hit the ground and charged as fast as I could, exiting the cave just in time to see my Ranger topple off the side of the path. I gave a wordless cry and dove for her, but came up short; luckily, she managed to twist enough to grab the edge of the path.

"A little help, please!" she called, and I pushed myself to my hands and knees. I then crawled faster than I’d ever crawled before, reaching the edge of the path and grabbing Amonea’s wrists in both hands. I’m not the strongest of people, but adrenaline was pounding through me. Without a second though I heaved, putting everything I had into pulling Amonea back onto the path and to safety.

“I’m gonna MURDER that punk after this!” I hissed at the same time, anger giving me as much strength as adrenaline. “He is so completely DEAD once we get away from here!”

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

OOC: $9,900.

Khajmer
Great Lakes

My plan worked perfectly. Dratini was thrown into the maelstrom with Chouno and was clearly very injured by the attack. It still rose though, willing to keep on fighting. I could sense through Chouno that its mind was no longer as frazzled, but it was still very, very pissed. It shot a withering glare at my Alakazam partner that threw him slightly off guard, at best guess a Leer. It then performed the ritual dance known as Dragon Dance, increasing its own powers. So it increased its physical strength and decreased Chouno's. Three, two, one...

It leapt into the sky and divebombed towards Chouno, targeting him head on. My hand went to my belt and snagged one of my two Hyper Balls. I wasn't taking chances on this thing. It was for that reason that, based on my relatively low physics skills and poor sense of distance, I knew I couldn't possibly measure the vectors well enough to hit it in mid-dive. Thus, I decided to rely on a much larger brain than mine.

"Chouno, catch!" I threw the ball in Chouno's direction, and reached out a hand behind him, not taking his eyes off of the serpent dragon for a second. A blue aura covered the ball and it began to float, telekinetically grasped by Psychic. He floated it inbetween his own body and the flying Dratini. Quickly his brain calculated the vectors. He assessed the angles and probabilities and took aim. Steady Chouno, I cautioned. Finally, when Dratini was almost on him, he struck, pushing his hand forward and sending the ball flying with a compressed burst of psychic energy.

OOC: Sorry this took so long, but having seen the official capture formula I wasn't certain I wanted to take the shot.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: That is so sad! :( Bad wolfy! Of course it is a wild wolf protecting its puppies in the middle of an old cave...

IC:

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

"I'll help you!" Amonea snarled, slightly breathless. Grasping Saundra's forearm, she helped drag herself over the hill, wincing as skin scraped against rock. Finally, she was on the path once more, standing shakily. "Get over here now!" she demanded, her voice hardening like a rock.

Jake ignored the ranger. With the barking and growing of the dogs, he had taken to running like a cheetah down the path. And Chimecho...

"Where's Chimecho?" Amonea wondered aloud, glancing around. But the Pokemon was nowhere to be seen. Odd. Just then. Mightyena stuck her hefty snout outside the cave entrance and she decided it was for the best to grab Saundra and follow Jake.

By the time the two got to the bottom of the hill, the curs had left them alone and the boy was gone. "Thank you...good riddance to Jake." But the girl wasn't sure about that. Jake had been a jerk, sure, but that fact that he and Chimecho were gone...an uneasy feeling was in her stomach.

"Let's go this way," Amonea said slowly, just as Kaci came hurrying down the path, wings a flutter and a few thin scratches on his scaly hide. "You alright, sweetie?" Gently Amonea asked the Dragonite, gently pressing her hand against Kaci's orange body as they walked through a small field of flowers.

Kaci nodded, eyes alert. Then he let out a questioning growl.

"Jake? Dunno where he is...hey! Why don't you fly up and look for him, please?" Kaci nodded, gave Amonea a crushing hug and then jumped forward, opening his small wings in flight.

"Nice guy, he is," Amonea gasped, rubbing her shoulders. "Amazing, such big weight and small wings." As if in response, Kaci suddenly dipped a little before gaining height, shaking slightly in the air.

Wyoowl!

"What is with the noises!" Wheeling around, Amonea suddenly grinned. "Aww, look! She's pretty! Or he, I don't know. Oh! Look, it has a twin..."

Standing beside Amonea was a set of small blue creatures with large floppy ears and startling bright eyes.

_______
Wynaut-100%
Ability: Shadow Tag

Wynaut-100%
Ability: Shadow Tag

Encounters Remaining: 7

Area Effects: Outside the cave

Change: 70,400

Pokemon Stats:

~~~

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2

Ongoing battles:

OOC: Don't blame me for the rolls, Eraizaa Kun made 'em a few weeks ago :P