Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Individual RP: Stinky

I chuckled a little as I bent down to retrieve the stick Dagger had found, waving for the others to follow me as I turned my back on the Pokemon farther in the cave.

“No need to scare ‘em off, I doubt they’ll follow us,” I told Bob. Dagger growled at the two, as if telling them they’d better not do anything stupid, and a moment later was trotting along beside me. I shot a final look at Clefairy and Shedinja, just in time to see them vanishing further into the cave. Apparently, they were more than happy to leave us alone if we left them alone.

I had just reached the cave mouth when a small black blur detached itself from the inner lip of the cave mouth. It spun around erratically as it flew through the air, zooming towards my head with a high-pitched trill. I yelped and got ready to duck, but at the very last second it changed course and flew over to Bob. It halted in front of his face, less than a foot from hitting him, but continued to spin as it trilled thinnly. Only when it slowed down a little did I finally realize what it was.

“Huh, an Unown,” I said, watching the small black creature. It had an eye in the center of its body and resembled a letter of the alphabet, though in the gloom of the cave I couldn’t really make out what letter it was supposed to represent. “It must have been resting or something and got startled by me walking so close to it.”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Bob Miller
Money: 2,000

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 10
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
- Jolly Female Gengar (Thunderbolt ; Explosion ; Taunt ; Sludge Bomb ; Will-o-Wisp ; HP Dragon ; Substitute ; Attract ; Psych Up ; Toxic ; Protect ; Energy Ball ; Snatch ; Focus Punch ; Psychic ; Torment ; Counter ; Ice Punch ; Rest ; Giga Drain ; Focus Blast ; Sleep Talk ; Fire Punch ; Skill Swap ; Trick Room ; Icy Wind) <Levitate Ability>
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability> [Currently out of Ball]
70.50%

- Jolly Genderless Bronzong (Trick Room; Charge Beam; Flash Cannon; HP Ground ; Stealth Rock ; Protect ; Grass Knot ; Earthquake ; Explosion ; Calm Mind ; Shadow Ball ; Dream Eater ; Rock Slide ; Rest ; Sleep Talk ; Toxic ; Light Screen ; Reflect ; Rock Tomb ; Psych Up ; Psychic) <Levitate Ability>
100%

Total Items: Type Repellent x3 ; Hyper Ball x4 ; Park Ball x10

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-28-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

“No need to scare ‘em off, I doubt they’ll follow us,” my ranger commented, and turned her back and walked out of the dark cave, her Floatzel obediently following behind her, after letting loose a small growl at the two Pokemon in the cave. I followed her, glancing behind me to see Togekiss also following along, her soft wings beating against the air. My ranger took us up to another cave mouth set in the wall of the valley. I was about to open my mouth and comment on how dark the cave was when something spun out of the cave.

It was spinning rapidly, almost like a Frisbee, albeit a very dark Frisbee. In the center of this "Frisbee" was a white area. The thing slowed down in front of me, and I instantly recognized it as an Unown! "Huh, an Unown," my ranger began, looking curiously at the creature that looked curiously at me. “It must have been resting or something and got startled by me walking so close to it.” she continued, and I smiled at the small creature.

"Haha, it's so cute, but I already have one," I said, looking back at the small creature. It really was pretty cute, but did I really need another one? "Do you think this cave would be a good one to head into? I'll have Togekiss light the stick if you think it is..." I said, turning to my ranger.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Lol, actually, we hadn’t left the first cave. The Unown came towards us as we were leaving, not entering another one, but ah well.

=====

IC: I nodded at Bob and watched the Unown whirl off into the darkness, apparently satisfied with its inspection. I handed the Trainer the stick and patted Dagger on the head, as the Pokemon was glancing about in an nervously irritated sort of manner. He looked up at me, lips just barely wrinkling in the beginnings of a snarl.

“Don’t get yourself so riled up,” I told him, keeping my voice low so as not to make it echo. “We’ll be fine, really. Especially with you running around to protect us, Mr. Bravery.” Dagger snorted softly and lowered his gaze, but I could tell he was still tense. He was beginning to get to where he didn’t like caves. I’d have to accept some Trainer going to the Great Lakes after this, so Dagger could relax some. He might be irritating and egotistical at times, but he was still one of my best friends, and I hated to see him get upset like this.

I peered around, trying to see into the darkness of the cave as I waited for Bob to have his Togekiss light the stick. The light from outside only lit up an area about five feet in front of us and three or so feet to either side, thanks to the angle the cave was set at. There were a few large rocks scattered around and a stalagmite here and there, but it seemed clearer than the previous cave. From somewhere deep within its depths, the sound of dripping water reverberated back to us.

I was about to turn my attention back to Bob when I noticed movement in the near-complete shadows about six feet from me to the right. I scowled and bent forward a little, trying to make out what I’d seen. Dagger must have smelled whatever it was, because his head whipped to face the same direction as a throaty growl rumbled from him. I sighed and shook my head; Dagger’s first response to something was always to growl at it. I put a hand on his hand and stared harder into the gloom, making out a dark silhouette as whatever was there moved again.

It was about my height, maybe a bit taller, and had the strangest body shape. Its top half was rounder and thicker than the bottom half, which was skinny and curved in contrast. I couldn’t make out much more, but there was only one Pokemon I knew with a body built like that.

“A Wobbuffet,” I said under my breath. “Don’t see many of them, since they usually stay further back in the caves.”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 9
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
- Jolly Female Gengar (Thunderbolt ; Explosion ; Taunt ; Sludge Bomb ; Will-o-Wisp ; HP Dragon ; Substitute ; Attract ; Psych Up ; Toxic ; Protect ; Energy Ball ; Snatch ; Focus Punch ; Psychic ; Torment ; Counter ; Ice Punch ; Rest ; Giga Drain ; Focus Blast ; Sleep Talk ; Fire Punch ; Skill Swap ; Trick Room ; Icy Wind) <Levitate Ability>
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability> [Currently out of Ball]
70.50%

- Jolly Genderless Bronzong (Trick Room; Charge Beam; Flash Cannon; HP Ground ; Stealth Rock ; Protect ; Grass Knot ; Earthquake ; Explosion ; Calm Mind ; Shadow Ball ; Dream Eater ; Rock Slide ; Rest ; Sleep Talk ; Toxic ; Light Screen ; Reflect ; Rock Tomb ; Psych Up ; Psychic) <Levitate Ability>
100%

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-04-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: Sorry for the late reply, I've been a tad busy lately, lmao

IC: The Unown spun off into the darkness, much to my surprise. My ranger reached out, handing me the stick her Pokemon had fetched for us, while speaking to her Pokemon. “Don’t get yourself so riled up. We’ll be fine, really. Especially with you running around to protect us, Mr. Bravery.” she told her otter, and I could hear in her voice that she really loved the Pokemon that she had brought along. I turned to Togekiss, who had been distracted by something somewhere else.

"Togekiss, would you mind lighting this?" I whispered, hoping not to disturb the Pokemon that hid in the cave, but my ranger's voice drew my attention away from the lovely dove, and towards the cave, and judging by the lack of a crackling noise, my Togekiss was distracted by my ranger as well

"A Wobbuffet," she muttered, looking into the cave. “Don’t see many of them, since they usually stay further back in the caves.” she continued. Looking into the cave, I honestly couldn't make out much more than a dark shadow looming in the cave.

"Really? I can't see it, but I trust you... Togekiss, why don't you use a Follow Me to make it pay attention to you, and then try and draw it out of the cave so we can really see what we're doing. And, maybe try and paralyze it with a Thunder Wave?" I asked my dove politely.

Last edited by Stinky; 11-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: It's cool, stuff happens.

=====

IC: I sometimes tend to forget that I have somewhat better vision than a lot of the people who come to the Park. Several of the areas, like the Abandoned Power Plant, are pretty dark, and I’ve had plenty of time to let my eyes grow accustomed to seeing into gloominess. Therefore, I shouldn’t have been very surprised when Bob couldn’t see the Wobbuffet lurking in the shadows. In order to rectify this, he asked his Togekiss to use Follow Me, attempting the lure the Pokemon out where it could be seen.

Togekiss did a sort of midair flip, waggling the tips of her wings in an invitation to follow her as she flapped towards the cave mouth. After a second I saw Wobbuffet move, and a moment later it had stepped into the light enough to be clearly visible. It had four stubby feet at the bottom of its body, and a black tail much like a beaver’s. Two long arms hung at its sides, but it cocked one up to its forehead as it watched Togekiss come to a halt and turn around.

“Woooobb,” the Pokemon drawled, as if trying to figure out exactly what Togekiss was up to. Its eyes were scrunched up, most likely against what it would see as blinding light from outside, and I thought maybe it was also trying to shield its gaze from the sunlight. Its tail smached gently against the floor as it watched Togekiss, waiting for her to make her next move.

The dove didn’t waste any time in getting to it, either. Thin whips of faint yellow electricity danced along her body, gathering in an orb in front of her before pulsing outwards in a softly-popping wash. Wobbuffet didn’t react or attempt to defend itself; these Pokemon were notorious for only attacking after they themselves had taken damage. I thought that was what would happen here, but then the Pokemon surprised my by jerking its other arm up. A faint ripple of pinkish-purple energy emanated from Wobbuffet, taking on substance and color as the waves expanded both up and down. This quickly created a translucent barrier surrounding the Pokemon, and the Thunder Wave struck against the Safeguard shield instead of its target.

The attack sizzled before burning itself out against the shield, and I was amazed by the Pokemon’s initiation. Out of all the battles I’d seen with Wild Wobbuffet, this was the first to take such an active role. I had a feeling this battle wouldn’t end in the Wobbuffet getting beaten up and knocked out, as was so often the case.

Then I got an even bigger shock when the Pokemon lowered its arms and gavea silly grin, beginning to clap and smack its tail against the floor in approval. I knew the praise was false, though, a means to make Togekiss continue to use a now-useless move. Wobbuffet’s Encore most certainly wasn’t sincere, but unless Bob could do something to keep his Pokemon from paying attention to it, this battle was going to go nowhere for several turns. And to be honest, I wasn’t nearly as patient as a Wobbuffet.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Gentle Female Togekiss: 70.50%
-? ? Wobbuffet: 100% <Encore>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
70.50%

100%

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-06-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Togekiss wobbled in the air (rather flirtily, or so it seemed to me), then waggled its wings at the dark cave. She began to back up slightly, and from the depths of the cave emerged what could best be described as a large blue blob on short stubby legs. From the backside of its body emerged a flat black tail, which beat the ground as it happily followed my Pokemon. “Woooobb,” it exclaimed, looking curiously at my dove. The Jubilee Pokemon waited just a second before executing her next move. Her body crackled with electricity, and she shuddered as it jumped off of her body and at the Wobbuffet, but the Patient Pokemon responded with a move of its own.

It flung its arm up, and suddenly a translucent purple barrier that shimmered as the light hit appeared in front of the Patient Pokemon. The Thunder Wave crashed harmlessly into this barrier, which faded away into nothingness. But, Wobbuffet wasn't done yet! The Pokemon began to clap its arms, as if it was approving of Togekiss's move. It was an Encore attack! My mind raced as to how to distract Togekiss- I only had a few moments, and I couldn't just recall Togekiss, something inside of me told me that Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag would keep us battling it.

An idea sprung into my mind, and I acted quickly. "Ouch! It hurts!" I yelped, even though I had felt no pain. Togekiss was a very gentle Pokemon, surely her owner's distress would be able to distract her so she wouldn't see the Encore. I clinched my eyes, trying to make Togekiss pay a little more attention than just a glance at me, to ensure she hadn't seen Wobbuffet's attack. "Togekiss," I said, my eyes closed. "Don't worry about me- if you can, Baton Pass out to Gengar..." I muttered to the Jubilee Pokemon.

OOC: Ehehe, I couldn't think of any other way to say that I wanted to Baton Pass without determining if my distraction worked or not. And, can I only decide on the nature of the Wobbuffet after I catch it, or can I say what I want it to be right here?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Nature is pre-determined by the Ranger. Did you mean Gender? If so, then yes, you can decide before you catch the Mon what Gender it is ^^. Also, the video in your sig is creepy lol.

=====

IC: I have to give it to Bob, who quickly came up with a ploy to get his Togekiss out of trouble. He gave a pained exclamation, squeezing his eyes shut tightly as if experiencing an excruciating headache or something. I glanced at him, knowing right away that he was faking. After all, it was my job to tell when someone was unfit to go through the Park. Sickness, injury, that sort of thing, I could tell if they were real or not.

Togekiss, it seemed, didn’t have such training. Upon hearing her Trainer’s “distress”, she spun to face him and completely ignored Wobbuffet’s Encore. Seeming to sense its ploy had failed, the Pokemon’s clapping tapered off before ending. I glanced at the Psychic to find it simply staring at us, waiting once more. It was kind of creepy, really, the way it watched us with unwavering patience.

My attention was drawn back to Togekiss, who had gone over to inspect her Trainer. When Bob told her not to worry and Baton Pass to Gengar, she cooed faintly and seemed to ignore him. Obviously, she was too worried to listen to orders. After a few seconds, though, she seemed satisfied that the young man wasn’t injured and that she couldn’t really do something for an affliction she couldn’t see. A white aura of soft light surrounded her, and then she vanished as she returned to her PokeBall. However, a thin beam of the gentle white light shot from the lock of her Ball, arching into the air before plummeting towards where I assumed Bob’s Gengar’s PokeBall was. After a second there was a crack and a flare of light, and a second Pokemon formed in front of Bob. The purple Ghost was only a foot or so shorter than her Trainer, her red gaze locked on the Pokemon several feet away.

Wobbuffet eyed its new opponent with something something akin to arrogance, but I knew my Pokemon well enough to know it was just waiting, as was usual for its kind. It beat at the floor with its tail, the sound echoing and reverberating all around us, quickly becoming much louder than the original noise was. I winced a little at the noise, but otherwise hid my discomfort.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Jolly Female Gengar: 100%
-? ? Wobbuffet: 100%

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
- Jolly Female Gengar (Thunderbolt ; Explosion ; Taunt ; Sludge Bomb ; Will-o-Wisp ; HP Dragon ; Substitute ; Attract ; Psych Up ; Toxic ; Protect ; Energy Ball ; Snatch ; Focus Punch ; Psychic ; Torment ; Counter ; Ice Punch ; Rest ; Giga Drain ; Focus Blast ; Sleep Talk ; Fire Punch ; Skill Swap ; Trick Room ; Icy Wind) <Levitate Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability>
70.50%

100%

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-09-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: Yeah, that's what I meant XD. I'll make Wobbuffet a male.

IC: I opened my eyes to see the ghostly apparition standing in front of me. She shifted excitedly from foot to foot as she stared down the Patient Pokemon that faced us. "Alright, Gengar!" I exclaimed happily. I couldn't just go and attack Wobbuffet with a Shadow Ball- it'd just Mirror Coat it right back at Gengar and knock out the poor thing. So, I had a different idea in mind. "Gengar, I want you to use Attract on Wobbuffet," I said. "Make sure it looks real- we don't want Wobbuffet to see right through it and just Encore you back!" I told the purple ghost. Gengar turned around to see me, its large red eyes gazing at me, and it blinked in acknowledgment, turning back to Wobbuffet to work its charm on the creature

OOC: argargarg short post, but there's not much else I can say ;_;
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Bob told his Gengar to use an Attract on Wobbuffet, which was probably a relatively good idea. So long as the Pokemon didn’t see through Gengar’s attack, though, and slap her with an Encore like he had tried to do with Togekiss.

After acknowledging her command, Gengar turned to face her opponent and smiled in a way Gengar don’t normally smile. It was a sort of alluring, flattering smile that held just a tiny hint of naughtiness in it. The Ghost lidded her eyes and pursed out her lips, looking sexily pouty. Wobbuffet shifted a little at these advances, seemingly unsure of what to do. His tail twitched on the cave floor, then jerked up and came back down with a loud slap. It was like he was trying to distract himself from the wiles of his foe, but was losing the battle.

Gengar, sensing the other was quickly losing ground, floated into the air and, without a sound, levitated over to Wobbuffet. When she reached him she bent down so her face was level with her foe’s, and then she gave the blue Pokemon a cute, teasing peck on the cheek.

Wobbuffet, had he been an Ice Pokemon, would have melted on the spot.

Despite being Attracted, though, the battle was nowhere near won. Bob would have to play his cards very carefully to keep this plan from backfiring on him. Wobbuffet, while only being capable of a few moves, weren’t nearly as predictable as one might think.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Jolly Female Gengar: 100%
-? Male Wobbuffet: 100% [Attracted]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
- Jolly Female Gengar (Thunderbolt ; Explosion ; Taunt ; Sludge Bomb ; Will-o-Wisp ; HP Dragon ; Substitute ; Attract ; Psych Up ; Toxic ; Protect ; Energy Ball ; Snatch ; Focus Punch ; Psychic ; Torment ; Counter ; Ice Punch ; Rest ; Giga Drain ; Focus Blast ; Sleep Talk ; Fire Punch ; Skill Swap ; Trick Room ; Icy Wind) <Levitate Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability>
70.50%

100%

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-11-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Gengar moved forward towards the Wobbuffet, and although I couldn't see my Pokemon's face, I could practically imagine what she was doing- she particularly liked this move and used it often. She would give her opponent a cutesy little smile to convince the Pokemon of her innocence, coupled with irresistible batted eyes and pursed lips as if she was puckering up for a kiss. She strode right up to Wobbuffet, and gave him a quick smooch on the cheek, accompanied by a noise that you would hear with a kiss in a cartoon. Wobbuffet's wide eyes proved that indeed, Gengar's charm had worked its way into the heart of the Patient Pokemon.

Pleased with Gengar's work, I spoke to my Pokemon. "Great job Gengar!" I praised, knowing that my Pokemon would appreciate my recognition of its good job. "Now, hit it with a Shadow Ball! Hopefully it'll be so madly in love with you it won't try and reflect it back, or he'll be unbelieving that you hurt it... But just in case, follow up your attack with a quick smooch on its cheek!" I commanded, really unsure of what to do. If Wobbuffet were to reflect the Shadow Ball back, it could prove to be fatal for my ghost (oh the irony!).
Old 11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Remember to describe your Pokemon’s attacks instead of just stating them :P.

=====

IC: I watched as Gengar moved away from Wobbuffet a bit, still hovering in the air. After her Trainer’s command the Ghost raised both arms, siphoning ghostly energy from within her body and drawing it into a physical form. At first there was nothing, but then a tiny black spark appeared between the Ghost’s hands. The spark expanded into a ball of dark, purple-black energy that looked like a sphere of goop. Its surface flowed sluggishly, like backed-up sewage, and tiny tendrils of crackling black energy leapt from it. Deep within the sphere there were dark flashes of deep lavender light.

Her attack ready, Gengar rose her arms over her head. Wobbuffet watched curiously, then titled his head to one side. Well, practically the entire upper half of his body tilted, since he didn’t really have a neck to speak of. His tail tapped against the ground a few times, and then when Gengar heaved her arms down, Wobbuffet gave a wide smile. That didn’t seem good…

Doing what looked like some strange little jig, the Pokemon flung his arms out before him and created a shimmering, transparent pink shield. This then melded itself around Wobbuffet, lying flush with his bright blue skin. Gengar’s Shadow Ball, flying from her hands, spiraled through the air towards her opponent. Of course, this was exactly the last thing that Bob or his Pokemon wanted; a Mirror Coat move, used after a Special attack.

But Wobbuffet was still giving that goofy grin, and I had a feeling he wasn’t using this move to actually try and damage Gengar. He was…showing off, I think. He was showing Gengar how smart he was, or something alone those lines. At any rate, when the Shadow Ball hit his barrier, it split into several beams. These five beams then rebounded off Wobbuffet’s Mirror Coat, arching through the air back towards Gengar. Luckily, none of the beams were actually aimed at Gengar, so three of them missed and the other two only clipped her; one on her right arm and the other her left leg. The beams then continued on, crashing into the ground about five feet behind Bob.

Afterward, the glowing barrier faded from around Wobbuffet and he stared at Gengar, looking mighty pleased with himself. I held back the urge to laugh; the Psychic was acting like a love-struck teenager.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Jolly Female Gengar: 65.92%
-? Male Wobbuffet: 65.92% [Attracted]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
65.92%

70.50%

100%

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

=====

OOC: LULZ @ both Mon having the same HP.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-16-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: lolk. And thanks for the PM ;0

IC: Gengar thrust her arms forward, sending the Shadow Ball flying at the Patient Pokemon. Wobbuffet though, gave a wide grin at my Gengar, and put its arms out. It's body began to shimmer with pink light, as if it had put on a coat of pink light, and my worst fears were confirmed- it was using Mirror Coat! The ball made of shadows approached Wobbuffet quickly, but as it hit Wobbuffet, it created a dazzling effect. The ball split into five beams of dark light, which got reflected off of the attack, and shot right back at us. Luckily for Gengar though, only two of them managed to hit her, and they barely hit her at that- one on her arm and the other on her leg.

"Gengar," I began, looking at my ghost, but I was very surprised at what I saw. Gengar was blushing, and batting its eyes at Wobbuffet. I stifled a laugh- my Pokemon was pretending to be turned on by this Pokemon! "Gengar," I repeated, this time continuing on. "I want you to hit it with another Shadow Ball- stronger than the other if you can, but not strong enough to make it faint. Oh, and keep that flirting up!"

Gengar gave a flirty wink at Wobbuffet, and held her arms out, and between her ghostly hands, the sphere of dark energy began to reform. It was rather disgusting looking- it was dark purple, and looked much different from something like an Energy Ball attack. No, it was disgusting looking, like Gengar had a ball of very dark slime in its hands. It crackled with energy, and seemed very dark, compared to the bright light from the sun that shown down upon us. Gengar held her arms above her head, a sign that she was ready to attack. Then, the flirty Pokemon winked at Wobbuffet, accompanied by an air kiss. I had to stop yet another laugh- Gengar was playing the part of being in love with Wobbuffet rather well!

OOC: I have such a lol idea on how I'm going to catch Wobbuffet, lmao
Old 11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

This was turning out to be the strangest kind of battle I’d ever seen. Gengar was total hamming it up, acting like the shy, quiet lady being courted by a comely young man. Her dark purple skin lightened a few shades in a very convincing blush (considering that, having no blood, she shouldn’t be able to do such a thing to begin with), the Ghost carried out her orders to follow up with another Shadow Ball.

Wobbuffet smiled a little as the gooey black ball was formed and released, and he raised his arms…but not to create another Mirror Coat. Instead, moving in the ponderous manner a Wobbuffet has, the Pokemon trundled forward, towards the spiraling orb. He looked like one of those people in a reunion sequence, running towards his beloved with arms wide open in anticipation of sweeping her into his embrace. Unfortunately, he seemed to think the Shadow Ball was some sort of prequel to that embrace, and as such didn’t try to dodge it.

The Shadow Ball, thankfully, wasn’t fired too awfully high. Instead of slamming into the Pokemon’s face or chest, the Shadow Ball hit somewhere mid-stomach and to the left, so it actually caught him between his side and stomach. Still, the Shadow Ball was packing quite a bit of power, and upon collision that power caused a small yet concentrated explosion. The blast wasn’t enough to cause a cave-in or anything, thank goodness, but it was enough to knock poor Wobbufett off his feet. He landed on his left side, looking a bit dazed as his feet kicked weakly at the air.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-? Male Wobbuffet: 31.84% [Attracted]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
65.92%

70.50%

100%

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-18-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Much to my surprise, Wobbuffet ran forward, spreading its arms out as if it was going to hug a relative it hadn't seen in awhile. I really felt bad for the creature, it would be hurt greatly by this attack! Luckily for the Patient Pokemon, the attack was pushed off center by a slight breeze, so it collided with the creature's side. Wobbuffet fell harmlessly on its side, and I could see that the creature still had some energy left in it.

"Gengar!" I said loud enough for my Pokemon to hear. Gengar turned towards me, its large red eyes gazing at me as it awaited my next order. I motioned for it to come close, while pulling a Hyper Ball out of my backpack. "Alright, I have a crazy idea, but this is how its going to work," I told the ghost Pokemon, who nodded its head in agreement.

"Alright," I began, "First I want you to concentrate a decent Dark Pulse in your mouth- not enough to KO it, but enough to get its health low. Go up to Wobbuffet, and give it a kiss on the cheek, using the Dark Pulse while you do so. Then, I want you go get down on one knee, like this," I continued, kneeling on the ground as if I was going to propose to my Gengar. From behind Gengar, I could see Wobbuffet looking curiously at us, wondering what in the world I was doing. "Then, press the button on the Hyper Ball and suck Wobbuffet in to it!" I finished triumphantly, handing the Hyper Ball I held in my hand to my Pokemon. "Go get 'em, tiger! You're doing great, so let's finish out strong!"

Gengar nodded, and turned back to face Wobbuffet, holding the Hyper Ball in its hand. In the air around it, I could very faintly see dark shadows pulsating out from Gengar's head as it approached Wobbuffet. I crossed my fingers (and my toes) as I hoped that my odd plan would work.

OOC: LOL GENGAR IS PROPOSING
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

This was definitely one of the craziest battles I’d ever seen, and not just one involving a Wobbuffet. I mean, come on, proposal? Well, I suppose I knew several people who might take “damage” at being asked for their hand in marriage, but still. It was nuts, and I didn’t think it would have worked with any other kind of Pokemon but a Wobby.

Gengar, clutching the Hyper Ball given to her by Bob and now grounded once more, walked over to where Wobbuffet had righted himself. The Psychic watched Gengar coming towards him and gave a goofy smile, holding his arms out to her again. I expected him to go running to her, but he stayed where he was, letting Gengar come to him. When she did, it was all I could do not to burst out laughing.

Gengar reached Wobbuffet and leaned in to plant a kiss on his cheek, but Wobbuffet was clearly somewhat eccentric. He shifted and took the kiss, and the Dark Pulse, mind you, straight on the lips. Needless to say, the Psychic was more than a little surprised when the love-peck filled his mouth with painful Dark energy.

Wobbuffet reeled away from Gengar, waving his arms around madly as he tried to back away from her. The shock of the sneak attack seemed to knock him, temporarily at least, back to his senses. His tail slapped the ground, but before he had a chance to retaliate, Gengar jumped forward and smacked the Hyper Ball against his chest. Wobbuffet’s counterstrike dwindled to a surprised exclamation, which was abruptly cut off as he was sucked into the Hyper Ball.

After drawing in Wobbuffet and snapping shut, the Ball fell from Gengar’s hands to the cave floor. There it shook back and forth, and for a moment I was certain the Pokemon would escape. However, the Ball fell still instead of breaking open, and I smiled as I went to collect the sphere. I rejoined Bob and presented the Hyper Ball to him, grinning more.

“Well, I have to say, that was the strangest battle I have EVER seen. Seriously, you take the cake for “Weird Battle Tactics,” I told the young man. “But hey, it worked in the end, right? And you had fun, so that’s all that really matters.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS [AT THE END OF BATTLE]:
-? Male Wobbuffet: 13.52% [Attracted]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
65.92%

70.50%

100%

Total Items: Type Repellent x3 ; Hyper Ball x3 ; Park Ball x10

Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol
Quirky Male Wobbuffet

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-20-2009 at 03:02 PM.