Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Mystery The Fated Offline

Default Closed due to lack of participation (lock please)

Hello, and welcome to the laughing Man's Society Dynamic Duo tournament. The purpose of this tournament is to bring together battlers of all kind as they pair up and attempt to dominate the competition with skill, stragtegy, and the best innovations of teams. It is modeled so that Wifi and shoddy battlers alike may pair up so that we may seek and find Pe2k's best Dynamic Duo.

What you need to do
In order to participate, you must partner up with someone from the opposite style of battle. Such as if your a wifi participant, you would pair up with someone who's capable of doing shoddy. Diverse participants may pair up and switch styles of battle if they see it fit, but the minimum it takes to count as a team is one wifi and one shoddy battler. You must then request your clans participation and sign up where you will be put on the waiting list if you have no partner. All participants on the waiting list after the deadline will be dropped and the tournament will commence.

How It Works
The way this preliminary rounds work is like so: You and your partner must battle different teams in order to earn points. The 8 teams that score highest move on to the first round, those that do not are dropped from the tournament. In order to receive points, both battles must be completed on from both corresponding pairs. Although you don't gain points if both battles aren't incomplete, you may still battle others and wait for your partner to complete they're battles to gain points. You may not however battle the same team in this round. You also do not have accept challenges from other teams, but bare in mind this is the round that you want to set the par and get comfortable with a lead to ensure you make the next round. Assuming there is a tie, those who tie must battle each other team that is tied to be eligible to participate next round assuming the number is odd. If the number off tied participants is even who ever challenges another first shall then take effect with without the option to turn down the offer. If there is a no show during any round of the tournament then the team will be disqualified and the tournament will commence with an elimination round to even things back up

With the start of the first round there will be 8 teams. The way this round works is on a first come first challenge basis. There will be no matchups posted and every challenge must be accepted or participants face disqualification. Again, you may not face the same team this round. No shows will be disqualified if there is obvious activity on one end and not on the other after the deadline. Again you are battling for points with the four highest scoring teams being promoted to the semi final round.

The semi final rounds work largely the same as the other rounds. No challenge may be turned down and you may not face the same team twice. No shows will be dealt with by process of elimination. The 2 highest teams will be promoted to the final round.

The final round is the showdown of Pe2k's 4 top most talented battlers. This round rules differ slightly. The two teams must face off in a best of three matchup with the same point scoring system. The team that comes out atop will be crowned pe2k's Best Dynamic Duo!

Scoring

In order to score you need to battle. When you battle, when the match is completed you are to report your score. For example, if trainer a beat trainer b, both must report the score of the match. Trainer a won 3-0. However, remember that your score is also dependent on your partners match too. In order to actually get your score both you and your partner must complete your battles. If your partner loses 5-0, then your overall score thus far from that battle would be -2. Again you may not challenge the same pair twice and you must report all battles.

Last edited by Mystery The Fated; 10-14-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Default Re: \\\\\\\\\:The Laughing Man Society's Dynamic Duo Tournament:////////

Announcements & Updates
Sept 18: Signups are now being taken and will end Sept 25th. Be sure to choose your partners wisely. Please Pm me pairs to be added to the list.
Sept 19: USB was added to the list of participating clans.
Sept 23:a few updates here. I've added Project Swift to the list of clans after forgetting to do so. I've updated all the pairings and members (if I've mistakingly forgotten you please post stating so). Originally I was going to just open the tournament up for all, but it seems my motives were correct and if it disappoints you, then I cannot help that. You are free to do as you wish if you don't like this news. We have reached our eight team threshold. If no more teams come about, then there wil not be a "floor" round of the tournament and it will commence as a normal first round. Finnaly, the most relevant news perhaps, sign ups have been extended to October 1st. They will not be extended again so if you cannot find a partner, you cannot participate. The tournament will kick off October 2nd and if we do not get over 8 pairs, please treat your matches as a first round match in which you cannot refuse a challenge. Please be aware of the rules and if you haven't read them please skim over them at least. Everything will be updated later today as far as the first post goes so if its unchanged, it hasn't been updated. Any comments or concerns should be pmd. Thank you for reading.
Oct 1: A few edits have been made to the first post. Im feeling rather lazy so I don't want to spiff it up. Sign ups are now over and the tournament may now commence. October 15th is when the first round will be over (assuming we have no issues that is). You have two weeks to set the bar over the others, battles may no BEGIN!

Last edited by Mystery The Fated; 10-01-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 PM

Default Re: \\\\\\\\\:The Laughing Man Society's Dynamic Duo Tournament:////////

Members Elgible:
(W Indicates Wifi, S Indicates Shoddy, B Indicates Both)

Spoiler:

Royal Pichu
TheShinyPokenator001
Absol Power (S)
Dr.House (B)
Mystery The Apathetic

Pairs:

Spoiler:

1.) DarkShadowLord, (B), Knuckles(W)
2.) MegaMonk4 (W), Deja Vu (S)
3.) Iron Warlord (B, DarkRose (S)
4.) VeryStrait42 (S), Black Label (W)
5.) Jose (S), Lucario (W)
6.) Glass Walker (B), Dark Abyss(B)
7.) KingOfBoos23432 ([B]B[]/B), Cutter Kirby (B)
8.) Ayotui (B), O_man0 (S)
9.)Savior Sephiroth (B), Trinity (S)
10.)Skippy The Great (W), Lockon Stratos (S)

Last edited by Mystery The Fated; 10-01-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 PM

Tournament Matchups

Quote:
Qualifying Round
(Your pair will be indicated by your number team number. Points will be added to every teams score and your oppnents team will be indicated by they're team number aswell. Red indicates loss, Green indicates win)
|Pair | | Points | | Matches|

Last edited by Mystery The Fated; 09-23-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:35 PM
kingofboos23432 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to kingofboos23432

Cool!! I enter for shoddy and need a partner..... WHo wants!

Fc Platinum-0732-1189-3493 Shoddy: Username Kingofboos
Old 09-18-2009, 10:43 PM

I'll add you to the list. Be sure to PM me your partner if they themselves do not post. Also will you be wifi, shoddy or both.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn

Uhh, I'll join.

Dr. House - Shoddy and WiFi, so both. Oh, and me and Mystery are partners.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 PM
theshinypokenator001 Offline

im in ,KOB wonna pair up oh yeah and Shoddy for me

Last edited by theshinypokenator001; 09-19-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Royal Pichu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Royal Pichu

I'll sign up. Let me find a partner.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:04 AM

Everything has been updated, and royal, will you be wifi or shoddy?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

I'll sign up for Shoddy. I need to find a partner now...
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Old 09-19-2009, 01:24 AM

I'll add you to the list.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 AM
cutter kirby Offline

Ill sign up for both
Old 09-19-2009, 02:13 AM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

I'm paired with Absol Power. I can do both Wifi and Shoddy.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:26 AM

All updates complete. Needing more members, please inform your peers about the oppertunity to join.