Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom
Default Re: Individual RP: Metallic Houndoom

I stood, awestruck, at the huge legendary beast. I had never expected to find anything as rare as this. The Raikou seemed to be quite Docile, and didn't attack us or make an aggressive move. It casually walked over to me and the ranger and looked at us curiously. I didn't want to stroke it or startle it, otherwise we could get into big trouble. I wish I could catch it but I know I'm not allowed. Plus it would be near impossible to catch most likely.

I slowly reached my hand into my pocket and pulled out a shiny, brand new digital camera. I didn't want to miss an opportunity like this. I carefully aimed the lens at Raikou, trying not to startle it. I paused for a few seconds then hit the button. The camera clicked and a sharp flash of light shot out of it, capturing the picture.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

When Zack brought out his camera, Raikou titled its head curiously and stared at the shiny contraption. This was apparently the first time anyone had had a camera on them in order to take its picture. When the camera flashed and whirred, the big cat blinked, taking a step closer and peering at the small device in Zack's hands. It stared for several seconds, like it expected another flash. When it didn't come, the Legend shrugged its powerful shoulders, shook itself, and turned. It silently strode off, vanished a second later down another hallway.

After a moment or two of silence, I glanced over at Zack and smiled widely, nodding at the camera he was holding and offering a thumbs-up.

"That was probably the singular most epic thing to happen to me all day," I told the Trainer, "and probably to you as well, eh? Nice job on the picture, it'll help fill that poster board thing us Rangers have been working on. You'll get a reward for that, you know." I clapped my hands together once more and turned from Zack, waving towards the ladies' restrooms across the room. "Ah, do you need a minute to recover, or are you good to go on?"

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Zack
Money: 750

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 5

Pokemon Stats:
-Gentle Genderless Porygon-Z (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Thunder, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power (Steel)) <Adaptability Ability>
84.49%%

-Brave Male Gliscor (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Earthquake, Stone Edge) <Hyper Cutter Ability>
100% [BURN]

-Hasty Male Weavile (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: X-Scissor, Surf) <Pressure Ability>
100%

Total Items: 2 Mega Puffins, 5 Max Potions, 8 Hyper Balls, Digital Camera

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-15-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I was extremely pleased with the picture I had taken. I expected the Raikou to attack or run in surprise but it just calmly walked away. I slipped the camera back into my pocket. Best part of the day so far I thought to myself. I hope I get another cool encounter like that sometime in the future.

"I think I'll be okay now," I grinned at the ranger. I was still a bit shocked but in a good way. "So on to the ladies bathroom," I said and waited for her command.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Time to try a trick, since I doubt you'll want any of the next three Pokemon lol. I mean you can if you wanna, I just don't think you will.

=====

IC: We walked across the room, reaching the ladies' restrooms a few seconds later. Zack seemed quite happy with himself, and really, I couldn't blame him. If I were in his shoes I'd probably be dancing right now or something.

We went into the short hallway, turning a corner and entering the bathroom proper. This one was set up in the same way the mens' was, except instead of urinals lining one wall, there were two more bathroom stalls. The doors were missing from two of the stalls, and were hanging open on the other three. I couldn't see into the last two stalls where I was standing from, nor did I get a chance to check them.

The trashcan wiggling was all the warning I had before a little yellow Pokemon came leaping out. It landed a moment later and blinked at us, then bared its teeth in a growl. The tips of its long, bent ears were blue, and it had a stubby yellow tail with a vertical blue projection growing from the tip. Blue cheek pouches had horizontal yellow stripes in them.

"A Minun," I commented, more to myself than Zack. Databyte beeped at the little mouse, which growled again. Pikachu and Pachirisu tried talking to it, but it let off angry sparks. It then darted towards the bathroom stalls I couldn't see into, crying out in an aggravated voice. It came to a halt when it reached the wall, and at the same time two more Minun exited the farthest stall. They joined the first, one of them looking bored and the other nervous. "Okay, three Minun. Hmmm, maybe they're siblings or something..." The first Minun, the one that was now in the middle of the other two, growled once again and fired off more bright yellow sparks, glaring at us and stomping its right foot. "Ah, I think it's not happy to see us..."

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 2

Pokemon Stats:
-Gentle Genderless Porygon-Z (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Thunder, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power (Steel)) <Adaptability Ability>
84.49%%

-Brave Male Gliscor (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Earthquake, Stone Edge) <Hyper Cutter Ability>
100% [BURN]

100%

Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}
Minun {Encounter 11}
Minun {Encounter 12}
Minun {Encounter 13}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-16-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

OOC: You rolled three Minun's :o Lol, unlucky.

After the first Minun jumped out of its hiding spot, I sighed. Seeing such a Pokemon straight after encountering a Raikou doesn't seem all that great. I didn't want to catch it and I think the ranger could tell. It seemed agitated and began snarling at us. I wasn't really intimidated by the small creature. I stared blankly at it.

Suddenly, another two Minun jumped out from somewhere and joined there angry friend. One of the Minun didn't really seem to be interested in us and the other one was looking rather nervous. I wasn't going to cause a hassle by battling any of them. "I think we should head someplace else," I said as the angry one began sparking. "The little guy doesn't seem to happy to see us." I stepped back to the door and waited to see whet she wanted to do.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

We exited the restroom, and I made sure none of the little Minun tried to follow us. They were usually pretty shy, but sometimes they got a bit full of themselves and could be a real nuisance. Thankfully, these ones seemed more than happy to let us go without any trouble.

We continued on, me leading the way down several twisting corridors. I was pretty much just wandering around now, though we were heading towards the front of the building. I decided to actually take us towards the front door; there was a receptionist area and everything, and curious Pokemon had a habit of hanging around near the front door, waiting for people to come through.

We stepped into a particularly dark hallway, and I blinked at the sudden lack of light. I took a few steps forward, getting ready to ask Databyte to light the area with a blast of electricity, when my leg struck something soft and furry. There was a loud yelp from something about the height of my waist, and then a burst of light filled the area. I gave a startled yelp of my own, moving back a few paces as my eyes stung and watered from the sudden glare. When I could see, I spotted a Manectric standing in the hallway. I must have walked into it and spooked it, and it responded with a Thunder to see what "attacked" it.

Now the blue-furred electric canine started to growl, clearly not liking what it saw. Its tall crown of stiff, spiky yellow fur gave off snaking blue tendrils of electricity, and the yellow patches on its haunches, as well as around its ankles and wrists, gave off barely-visible sparks. The Manectric bristled, fur poofing out and making it look somewhat ridiculous.

"Is it just me, or are we finding a lot of irritated Pokemon?" I asked Zack, keeping a wary eye on the growling Manectric. "Normally they're all relatively easy-going. Maybe they've all woken up recently or something." Behind us, Pikachu and Pachirisu glared at Manectric, not liking its attitude.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 1

Pokemon Stats:
84.49%%

100% [BURN]

100%

Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}
Minun {Encounter 11}
Minun {Encounter 12}
Minun {Encounter 13}
Manectric {Encounter 14}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-18-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

As we left the bathroom and headed down the corridor I kept on turning around to see if the Minun were following us. I was glad that they didn't. We already had enough small electric Pokemon following us. Pikachu and Pachirisu were still happily strolling along behind me. We headed into a dark corridor. I couldn't see much so I kept close to the ranger.

I stumbled back a few paces as the whole corridor lit up. The furry yellow canine growled menacingly at us. Its eyes were lit up with rage. She must have really agitated it by hitting it. "Is it just me, or are we finding a lot of irritated Pokemon?" she asked.

"It seems like it," I replied to her question. "I don't want to agitate it anymore and I already caught an Electrike, so I think we should just move on. Do you think it will let us past, or do we have to backtrack?"

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I smiled and reached into my pack, pulling out a small, pink doll that was shaped like a Clefairy. I squeezed the PokeDoll, making it squeak like a chew toy, and the sound made Manectric perk its ears up. The Pokemon sniffed at the air, quickly catching the calming scent PokeDolls gave off; the stuffing of PokeDolls was soaked in a solution that made Pokemon calm and relaxed.

After getting its attention, I tossed the toy towards Manectric. Almost immediately, the canine leapt upon it and grabbed it in its teeth. It bit down, making the toy squeak and releasing another burst of the sweet fragrance. Huffing happily, the mollified Pokemon trotted off without giving us a second thought. I chuckled as I watched it vanish around a corner.

"That's why I always keep spare PokeDolls on me," I told Zack. "Let's move on." We continued down the hall we were in, and several minute later we reached the front lobby of the power plant. It was a wide open room, with a receptionist area in the upper left corner. There were steel doors leading to areas that only the workers of long ago had access too, and across from us were the large, front double doors.

And lying under one of the tinted window scattered around the plant was a small Pokemon with blue fur on the front of its body and black fear on its rump and rear legs. It was a Shinx, and it was dozing, apparently. It didn't stir as we came into the open area.

"Awww, isn't that cute?" I said softly to Zack. "That little Shinx is absolutely adorable, all curled up and napping under the window..."

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 0

Pokemon Stats:
84.49%%

100% [BURN]

100%

Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}
Minun {Encounter 11}
Minun {Encounter 12}
Minun {Encounter 13}
Manectric {Encounter 14}
Shinx {Encounter 15}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-21-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

As we entered another room we noticed a small curled up ball of fur. It turned out to be a sleeping Shinx. It didn't move or notice us as we entered the room. I don't know why, but I wanted to try and catch the little guy. I withdrew a Pokeball from my pocket and silently released a small black Pokemon. It had razor sharp claws, a gem on its fore head and a huge crown of scarlet feathers. Weavile smiled at me and the ranger as it exited the ball. It looked around curiously and noticed the Shinx under the window. It stood completely still and then looked back at me.

Weavile could get a bit anxious to fight sometimes so I needed to command it before it attacked itself. "Okay, Weavile I want you to go straight in with a Night Slash!" Weavile raised a claw and dark energy engulfed it. Weavile grinned menacingly and leapt straight towards the sleeping Shinx. I felt bad doing it and felt sorry for the poor Shinx, but I knew it would make my job a lot easier than it would be otherwise.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I watched as Zack released a Weavile from its PokeBall, apparently deciding that he wanted to try and catch the little Shinx. I wasn’t really all that surprised; even though he’d chosen not to battle Luxray, that didn’t mean Zack didn’t want one. It just meant he didn’t want to deal with fighting one, and I could appreciate the decision.

Now Zack ordered his weasel to attack, lest the Pokemon jump into the fray on his own account. Weavile’s command was a simple, straight-forward Night Slash, and the Pokemon raised a paw as inky dark energy gathered around his talons. Giving a somewhat evil smile, Weavile lunged for Shinx, lifting his paw higher in preparation for delivering the attack.

Shinx, however, was not fully asleep, but merely dozing. Most likely sensing the subtle changes in air current as Weavile flew through the air, the little lion shifted and raised its head, blinking sleepily. When it saw Weavile coming at it, Shinx let out a mewl of surprise and tried to scramble to its paws. It must have realized it wasn’t going to be able to dodge in time, though, and instead it sucked in a deep breath and opened its jaws, letting out a loud, resounding screech. I knew it was trying to Roar, but its vocal chords weren’t yet strong enough for such a deep, intimidating sound. Weavile was nonetheless startled by the sudden noise, stumbled awkwardly when he landed. Not wanting his attack to go to waste, the ice-weasel flicked his paw down and made a wild slash at Shinx’s side. The tips of his energy-encased claws caught along Shinx’s fur and dragged along, but it didn’t seem like the attack did very much damage.

Off balance from his clumsy landing, Weavile tumbled to the floor a second after attacking. Shinx, seeing this as its chance, scrabble hastily to its paws and dashed several feet to the left. It then came to a sudden halt, sliding a few more paces as it whipped around to face Weavile. The Pokemon’s jaws gaped open in an unmistakable grin as lime-green sparks popped from the lion’s sleek coat. It lowered its head just a little and, as suddenly as it had retreated, charged back towards Weavile. More sparks leapt from the Pokemon’s forehead and face, and I realized it was using some strange combination of Tackle and Spark.

Something told me this was going to be a tough battle…

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Hasty Male Weavile: 100%
-? ? Shinx: 83.33% {Rivalry Ability} <Attack increased ; Tackle/Spark combo>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 0

Pokemon Stats:
84.49%%

100% [BURN]

-Hasty Male Weavile (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: X-Scissor, Surf) <Pressure Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
100%

Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}
Minun {Encounter 11}
Minun {Encounter 12}
Minun {Encounter 13}
Manectric {Encounter 14}
Shinx {Encounter 15}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

=====

OOC: Just wanted to let you know you can choose Shinx's gender before you catch it ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-24-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I knew that if Shinx's clever combo hit Weavile, it would cause quite a bit of damage. I needed to think fast. "Weavile, use Quick Attack to the side to dodge it and the go in from behind with a Faint Attack.

A blazing white light formed around Weavile's body. At the same time a darker aura appeared causing Weavile to blend in with the surroundings and turn almost invisible. I gritted my teeth as I waited to see if Weavile could make it.

OCC: I'll make Shinx a male, if I catch it.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: All right, now that I know what Shinx’s Gender will be, I can decide its Ability. I rolled a die and got 2, so it has the Rivalry Ability. I’ll edit my last post to reflect this.

=====

IC: As Shinx bore down on Weavile, the ice-weasel carried out his commands without hesitation. A flare of white light surrounded him, followed by an aura of darker light. The two mingled together, throwing eerie shadows across the Pokemon’s face and body. Once this was done, Weavile dashed to the side in order to evade the incoming Shinx. The little lion was deviously smart, though; having heard the attack that was ordered, Shinx stiffened his legs and dug his claws into the floor, halting his forward movement. He used the momentum that was remaining from his charge to whirl around, claws digging deeper into the floor, as if to anchor the Pokemon in place.

By now Weavile was using his second command, Faint Attack. The white light from his Quick Attack had faded, and the dark energy swirling around him let him blend in with the shadowy surroundings. He was tearing towards Shinx, barely visible in the gloomy darkness, ready to slam into the smaller Pokemon with everything he had. Shinx grinned again and opened his jaws wide, throwing his head back and letting out a shrill, high-pitched screech that became drawn out and deeper in pitch after a second: a Howl. Then, just as a startled Weavile lunged at the lion, Shinx dropped his head and jumped forward as well. I heard the thud as the two Pokemon collided, but before they could be thrown from each other by conflicting momentum, Shinx snapped his still-open jaws around Weavile’s closest arm. Despite being clearly winded, the little lion held on for all he was worth. Then I noticed the bright green sparks flying from his jaws, so thin as to be nearly invisible.

Growling in lashing the air with his tail, Shinx gripped Weavile’s arm tightly in his jaws as he delivered his Thunder Fang. Weavile landed on the floor a second later and staggered, though it wasn’t from any secondary effect of the Thunder Fang. Thrown off-balance by the twisting, kicking lion on his arm, the ice-weasel growled as well and flung his arm around madly, trying to shake Shinx off. I could see by the angry look in his eyes that he was getting ready to try more violent tactics if the lion didn’t let go in a moment.

“Ah, Zack, you might want to give Weavile something to focus on other than Shinx hanging from his arm,” I said, feeling worried. “He looks ready to start smacking the thing around if it doesn’t let him go…”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Hasty Male Weavile: 72.09%
-? ? Shinx: 62.58% {Rivalry Ability} <Attack increased x2 ; Thunder Fang >

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 0

Pokemon Stats:
84.49%%

100% [BURN]

-Hasty Male Weavile (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: X-Scissor, Surf) <Pressure Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
72.09%

Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}
Minun {Encounter 11}
Minun {Encounter 12}
Minun {Encounter 13}
Manectric {Encounter 14}
Shinx {Encounter 15}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-28-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I knew this would be a risky idea, but I wanted to try it. I decided to ignore the rangers advice and use the complete opposite as an advantage. It would risk Shinx being knocked out but if not, it would severely weaken it.

"Weavile, I want you to do whatever you can to make Shinx let go, but be careful, I don't want you to knock it out, so don't be too rough." I could see the rage in Weavile's eyes. I knew he didn't like to be attacked and would normally give it its all, but I hoped that it would restrain itself enough.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 10-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I blinked, hardly able to believe what I was hearing. Zack, instead of trying to calm Weavile down so he didn’t do anything over-the-top, was actually encouraging his Pokemon to give it his all! Weavile, already pissed enough to make the most toughened man tremble like a schoolgirl, needed no more convincing than that.

Raising the claws of his free paw, Weavile let out an angry screech and slashed downwards, claws extended and spread wide. Shinx, either sensing it was in trouble or finished with its attack, released Weavile’s arm and dropped to the ground. Unfortunately, it didn’t have time to get out of the way before Weavile’s Slash connected with the top of its head.

Mewling shrilly, Shinx let out a burst of bright lime-green electricity before slumping to the ground and whimpering, twitching a little. The Discharge it released upon being hit smashed full-force into Weavile and knocked him off his feet, throwing him back about three feet before he hit the ground. The ice-weasel’s muscles began jerking beneath his skin, and it was clear the strength of the attack, or maybe the proximity, had ensured paralysis.

After several tense moments, Shinx tottered to its paws and glared at Weavile, who was still on the floor. Staggering a little, as if seeing double or suffering from a bad headache, the lion went over to Weavile and raised a Paw, extending its own claws as dark energy started to twist and whirl around them. It was getting ready to use one of Weavile’s own attacks against it, a Night Slash move. The lion crouched and then leapt for Weavile, but it was unsteady and so its jump was awkward. Despite this, the small Pokemon twisted the front half of its lithe body as it flew over Weavile, claws hissing through the air as Shinx aimed its Night Slash at Weavile’s chest.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Hasty Male Weavile: 43.77% [PAR]
-? ? Shinx: 34.84% {Rivalry Ability} <Attack increased x2 ; Dazed ; Night Slash>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 0

Pokemon Stats:
84.49%%

100% [BURN]

43.77% [PAR]

Electrike {Encounter 1}
Grimer {Encounter 2}
Koffing {Encounter 3}
Pachirisu {Encounter 4}
Pikachu {Encounter 5}
Luxray {Encounter 6}
Ampharos {Encounter 7}
Voltorb {Encounter 8}
Electabuzz {Encounter 9}
Raikou {Encounter 10}
Minun {Encounter 11}
Minun {Encounter 12}
Minun {Encounter 13}
Manectric {Encounter 14}
Shinx {Encounter 15}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Electrike
Timid Female Ampharos

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-29-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I knew that all of my attacks and dodges would be sloppy now that Weavile was paralyzed but I had to try. Shinx was being clever and using one of Weavile's own attacks on it but I wondered if Weavile had the strength to counter it.

"Okay Weavile, attack Shinx straight on with a Night Slash of your own. I know you can do it," I encouraged. Weavile once again raised its razor sharp claw and created the dark mist to appear around as had Shinx's. "Once you counter, use all your strength with a Revenge attack!" I saw Weavile's anger in its eyes. It didn't like to be hurt by other Pokemon so I knew that it would love to use a move like Revenge on it for the full effect of the attack.

Credit to EmBreon