Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:21 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Default IDEA: Prime the Power

Alright, I'm wanted to start to get back into writing because well, IDK. I had an old fan-fiction on a different site called "Prime the Power". It was one of the site's most favored fan-fics of all time and it recieved such good praise. When I was un-able to write anymore to it due to the site's deletion (thanks alot Peaches), I had around 69 chapters. I noticed that it was poorly written, but it had a good plot and I guess back then as long as fan-fics have good plots they're alright.

I'm wanting to re-make this and share the story that everyone on ZBCCG loved. It's going to have the same plot, but different places, new characters, and a more experienced author on board. I'm wanting to know if this would be a good idea to do.

Prime the Power

Summary

Harmova, a far away planet in a distant galaxy from our own planet, is home to creatures who have amazing, gifted powers that allow them to manipulate fire, ice, lightning, etc. These creatures are called “Mamodos” and these Mamodos exist on planet Harmova with a prime ruler known as the “Mamodo King” or “Queen” when the ruler is a female. These rulers are determined by hundred year battles that consist of one-hundred chosen mamodos that will battle it out across the planet Harmova for the pretigous title as “Mamodo King”. Some will even go as far as to kill others to achieve what they desire even though all they had to do is burn the mamodo's mystical source of power, the spell book. Prime Curvonulus, Prime for short, is one of the chosen mamodos and will go across the lands and seas of Harmova to battle against ninety-nine other mamodos that all want the same thing, the prime ruler throne.

With his green spell book in hand, Prime prepares for his journey to become Harmova Mamodo King.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo
Default Re: IDEA: Prime the Power

Hey, it's a Zatch/Gash Bell story taking place with a new set of Mamodos. Although...if it takes place in more of a present kind of time, that wouldn't make sense. But I haven't read much of the manga so I don't know if Prime was mentioned as the previous king or something...

Go with it.
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Hey, it's a Zatch/Gash Bell story taking place with a new set of Mamodos. Although...if it takes place in more of a present kind of time, that wouldn't make sense. But I haven't read much of the manga so I don't know if Prime was mentioned as the previous king or something...

Go with it.
Prime's my own creation as well as everything else. It has the idea of Zatch Bell, but none of the characters from ZB are in it so it is set in a present time. I'm actually wanting to start this very badly, I just need to see if it'd be a good idea to actually go with it.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Giratina Offline

Actually, the Zatch Bell 'find everyone else and mow them down' plot has been used multiple times, and you need to take care not to make one momodo (in personality or description) too similar to another, but overall I think that this story could really go places (which, considering what you said on the previous forum, it has). Go for it! However, a question: are these momodo particularly like an alternate-universe Pokémon race past the elemental powers? By the mention of a spellbook it doesn't seem like it, but this is a Pokémon forum and you won't be noticed as much in the Other Fan Fiction section as you would in the main one.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Actually, the Zatch Bell 'find everyone else and mow them down' plot has been used multiple times, and you need to take care not to make one momodo (in personality or description) too similar to another, but overall I think that this story could really go places (which, considering what you said on the previous forum, it has). Go for it! However, a question: are these momodo particularly like an alternate-universe Pokémon race past the elemental powers? By the mention of a spellbook it doesn't seem like it, but this is a Pokémon forum and you won't be noticed as much in the Other Fan Fiction section as you would in the main one.
Well there will be other mamodo that aren't in the mamodo battle, but they will play a role in the story whether it be a one-time side character or a bigger role. Most mamodo will be human-like like in the actual ZB series while others will have animal-like features. Instead of a human partner they're able to read their own spell books. They won't only be using elemental spells, they will be a whole assortment of spells that have very special powers, but I won't spoil anything yet. I've tried a PKMN fan-fic in the past and it didn't go so well in my part so I figured "Why not re-make my infamous Prime the Power fic?"

So here I am ensuring that it would be a good idea to re-make it, which I will. I'm writing the Prologue right now, but I won't post the actual fic till I get a few chapters done.