Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Intro Boards PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:31 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Exclamation Roleplaying Olympics

Using organization and communication, I have managed to create the Roleplaying Olympics, an event where the major pokemon forums online compete with each other. The representatives of each forum will participate in a single roleplay, demonstrating their skills and abilities for all to see. This competition will be based on sportsmanship and fair play.

In order to explain this in furthur detail, I have a summary of the Olympics.

Each Roleplaying Olympic season will last for one month. Between each season will be a two week resting period where each forum may take a break, prepare, and ready oneself for the next season. The Olympics will take place in diferrent forums, rotating with each season like the real Olympics. The order will be based alphabetically.

As for the actual Olympics, each forum sends 2 representatives that will roleplay. Also, each forum will choose an unbiased judge that will grade the ability of each roleplayer that participates.

The rules of the roleplay are relatively simple. No bunnying (taking control of another person's character). Each participant will also have to submit a form to inform the judges on their characters. Usually, forums have other rules like no Godmoding or posting short sentences, but seeing as the roleplayers will be the cream of the crop and will be judged on how they roleplay, I believe this will not be a problem. Giving a little freedom to test their ability to limit themselves.

The judges will score each roleplayer on a 10 point scale. They will judge the roleplayer based on creativity, length, activeness, style, grammer, reality, and comprehension. Each week, the judges will submit their score and the average for each person will be awarded to them. Since there are 4 weeks, each roleplayer will have 4 scores, one for each week. These 4 scores will be added up together to form the roleplayer's score. The total score of each representative team will create the forum score. Whichever forum has the highest total score, wins that season of the Olympics.

The representatives are under the jurisdiction of the hosting forums' rules outside the Olympic Thread. Any posts, avatars, signatures, etc... are up to the forum.

I have presented this idea to the administrators and main moderators of the top 10 pokemon forums. So far, there forums have decided to participate:
- Pokemon Elite 2000
- Serebii.net
- Pokemon Community
- Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forum

Ryan has given me the authority of choosing PE2K's representatives and judge. Democratically, we'll vote for our representatives, but the judge position will be decided by me. If you wish to apply for the judge position, please respond here and tell me why you think you are the best candidate for the position.

Please also go to the Roleplay Section and nominate the person you think will best represent the forum. Once we have the nominations, I'll close that thread and open the voting. Top two will be the representatives, Third highest will be the runner-up.

I wish good luck to any aspiring roleplayers.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix
Default Re: Roleplaying Olympics

I apply to be our judge nyo..
Why?
Simply because I love RPs, and I've been a judge before (For Fan Art, Seasons 1-2). I never have time to RP, but I love the concept and judging for me would be so cool. I'm not biased, not in a way, and I'm always on time with handing in scores and everything.
In simple words: I'm reliable, active, I love what I judge.

(Cool Idea for whoever had it nyo.)
Old 04-01-2004, 12:01 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Harry said I should post rather than tell him on AIM.

My credentials (Basiclaly the same ones as I refer to for War Leader):

I'm in 7 RPGs right now. Five on here and 2 on Japanime1312. I'm good at them and I' love them. I end up not having time to post every day but I still keep up with them.

Syrus told me I was good bafore he left and I want to make him proud by living up to his expectations so I always strive to do good in RPGs.

If I don't get Nominated then I'd like to apply to be a Judge, .
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 04-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Wow....I actully got nominated....Halalueya! Halalueya! Halalueya! Halalueya!
Halaluuuuueeeyaaaaaaa! Lol.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:49 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Pikachu
Wow....I actully got nominated....Halalueya! Halalueya! Halalueya! Halalueya!
Halaluuuuueeeyaaaaaaa! Lol.
Yeah and i'm mad as hell cause you were nominated because you come on more than me.

Last edited by Tamer Marco; 04-01-2004 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Aiya Quackform Offline
Experienced Trainer

I have been selected as one of the two RP representatives of Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forum (GHPF). I was wondering if it is appropriate to discuss my RP Olympics character with the other rep from GHPF so we could perhaps have a pre-defined relationship bewteen the characters. Or, did you want us to start completely fresh at the Olympics?

(BTW, my username over there is Aiya Quackform.)

Old 04-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Yeah and i'm mad as hell cause you were nominated because you come on more than me.

Hey Marco....Im sorry...
Old 04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renna
I have been selected as one of the two RP representatives of Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forum (GHPF). I was wondering if it is appropriate to discuss my RP Olympics character with the other rep from GHPF so we could perhaps have a pre-defined relationship bewteen the characters. Or, did you want us to start completely fresh at the Olympics?

(BTW, my username over there is Aiya Quackform.)

Yes, you may pre-plan your characther in tangent with your fellow rep. However, remember that the roleplay idea won't be told until the event begins. You might have to adjust your character to fit accordingly.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Aiya Quackform Offline
Experienced Trainer

Thanks HKim. I have another request, one that I'm not very hopeful you can help me with. But, for religious reasons, I do NOT participate in RPGs that involve magic, spiritism, etc. I'm not saying I won't RP with a person if they have Haunter, but I think you get the general idea. Could I request that you refrain from using that kind of content as a basis for the Olympics RPG?

Old 04-01-2004, 10:53 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renna
Thanks HKim. I have another request, one that I'm not very hopeful you can help me with. But, for religious reasons, I do NOT participate in RPGs that involve magic, spiritism, etc. I'm not saying I won't RP with a person if they have Haunter, but I think you get the general idea. Could I request that you refrain from using that kind of content as a basis for the Olympics RPG?

Renna, I understand your concern and I do hope that the roleplays will stay away from those kinds of ideas, but the roleplays will be created by both myself and the judge of the hosting forum. I can't decide everything that goes on in the roleplays, lest I curb the natural creativity. Same goes for the roleplayers.

However, pokemon is generally not related to magic or mysticism and I believe that you wont' have anything to worry about. I can't speak for whatever the roleplayers do, but as for the plot, I'll try to avoid it.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:56 PM
perfectpichu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to perfectpichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Sorry Marco..... It's just that we need someone that will be on often.... Well I deffinately hope you get nominated as well.... Oh man I'm going to have a hard time voting.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectpichu
Sorry Marco..... It's just that we need someone that will be on often.... Well I deffinately hope you get nominated as well.... Oh man I'm going to have a hard time voting.
Actually I get on as much as he does, more actually but I get on at times that are different than both of yours.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:24 AM
žavage]) Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to žavage]) Send a message via MSN to žavage]) Send a message via Yahoo to žavage])

I'd be on the team, but I dont like Pokemon RP's much.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

You and I both, Savage. Don't bother asking me. I'm too busy with school work to come online for 10 hours a day, everyday. Aside from that, there hasn't been any good RPs lately (hint to RP makers everywhere)...

If I am required, I'll be there by June. lol
Old 04-02-2004, 03:34 AM
žavage]) Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to žavage]) Send a message via MSN to žavage]) Send a message via Yahoo to žavage])

Yah, possibly when summer comes lol

and the only decent RP out there, is the Dark Council one, for those SW fans.

I would make some, but I have them at Japanime1312, so there would be no point