Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Default Why is it so bad having multiple accounts? Target: Get Haribo unbanned!

My friend, Haribo, just got banned. Now, I know why he was banned, because he used to have multiple accounts. But not anymore.

Why is it so bad that he has multiple accounts? He doesn't use them anymore, and what is the worst thing he can do with them?

Basically, this is my petition to get him unbanned. =/
Old 09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Lusitania Offline

Default Re: Why is it so bad having multiple accounts?

Lol, I don't think it's so bad if they're just for fun and not doing anything bad really. Just run an IP check when you ban them for a REAL REASON and ban their multiple accounts. It's not like they're ban evading... >_>
Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
Lol, I don't think it's so bad if they're just for fun and not doing anything bad really. Just run an IP check when you ban them for a REAL REASON and ban their multiple accounts. It's not like they're ban evading... >_>
Exactly my point. :/ He didn't do ANYTHING wrong, and he only got banned because someone who has a grudge on him told a mod.

The fact he is in my clan and one of my best friends isn't helping my mood either. ><
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Sucks for you. He still broke a rule and deserves to be banned for it, even if he didn't do 'anything' wrong. He most likely did, therefore was banned in the first place!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PK View Post
Sucks for you. He still broke a rule and deserves to be banned for it, even if he didn't do 'anything' wrong. He most likely did, therefore was banned in the first place!
Nope. Nothing wrong except the alt accounts.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PK View Post
he did break the rules, and i think it was 5 times in a row. rules are set into place for a reason.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
he did break the rules, and i think it was 5 times in a row. rules are set into place for a reason.
You don't have a place in this thread. You break rules yourself. Get out before this becomes a flame war.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: Why is it so bad having multiple accounts? Target: Get Haribo unbanned!

I don't see a point in having multiple accounts, but I also don't see why they would ban him just for having them. If he had been spamming then I could understand why, but since he was not doing anything wrong I don't think he should've been banned. I think they should overlook it and make him keep one account if it makes them feel better. Just my opinion though >_>

*signs petition*

Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Why is it so bad having multiple accounts? Target: Get Haribo unbanned!

i dont think its fair that i get kicked out, or that the things that dark g did in the past should be overlooked, ill leave but its important for everyone to know that he as dark g was a friend of mine and he had a succesfull clan. then out of no where a new person came and started a 2nd clan, each one of his accounts would start a clan and then just drop out and start a new one under a different name. he did this at least 5 times. just thought you guys should know before he is made into a saint that he had a bunch of times not to jump accounts. on that note im out of here, and i will not post again in this thread because i do not wish to cause a conflict with you tph

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post
You don't have a place in this thread. You break rules yourself. Get out before this becomes a flame war.
You just flamed him, then told him him to get out before there was a flame war. x_X

I only think that multiple accounts are ban material IF they get used all the time, e.g. someone has three accounts and uses all three pretending to be different people. If it was a past thing and he only uses one account now, I don't see why the accounts can't get erased except for his actual -Haribo- one. But that's just my view. *shrug*

Old 09-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
I don't see a point in having multiple accounts, but I also don't see why they would ban him just for having them. If he had been spamming then I could understand why, but since he was not doing anything wrong I don't think he should've been banned. I think they should overlook it and make him keep one account if it makes them feel better. Just my opinion though >_>

*signs petition*
Someone sees what I mean. @_@

Thankies for the sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
i dont think its fair that i get kicked out, or that the things that dark g did in the past should be overlooked, ill leave but its important for everyone to know that he as dark g was a friend of mine and he had a succesfull clan. then out of no where a new person came and started a 2nd clan, each one of his accounts would start a clan and then just drop out and start a new one under a different name. he did this at least 5 times. just thought you guys should know before he is made into a saint that he had a bunch of times not to jump accounts. on that note im out of here, and i will not post again in this thread because i do not wish to cause a conflict with you tph
Actually, he started all his clans with the same account. Then on his last clan, he used his alt account.

Also, that was the best part of a year ago. Now a year has passed, and he has come back doing nothing, and all of a sudden you have a grudge against him. He posted in your clan asking for a battle, and all of a sudden, he's banned. Coincidence? I think not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
You just flamed him, then told him him to get out before there was a flame war. x_X

I only think that multiple accounts are ban material IF they get used all the time, e.g. someone has three accounts and uses all three pretending to be different people. If it was a past thing and he only uses one account now, I don't see why the accounts can't get erased except for his actual -Haribo- one. But that's just my view. *shrug*
Flame: •criticize harshly, usually via an electronic medium

I didn't criticize him or insult him. Therefore, I didn't flame him.

Exactly my point though in your last statement.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Multiple accounts are often used to circumvent rules and bans without consequences to the main account. Therefore, it becomes more prudent simply to prohibit the usage of multiple accounts rather than the differentiate between those who use them innocently and those who don't.

Think of it this way: A good forum member has no real necessity to have multiple accounts (exception being when people using the same connection need to have different accounts). Therefore, those who DO have multiple accounts are probably up to no good.

Also think of it this way: You sell little packets of milk powder in a back alley, a cop is going to suspect you're dealing crack.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Multiple accounts are often used to circumvent rules and bans without consequences to the main account. Therefore, it becomes more prudent simply to prohibit the usage of multiple accounts rather than the differentiate between those who use them innocently and those who don't.

Think of it this way: A good forum member has no real necessity to have multiple accounts (exception being when people using the same connection need to have different accounts). Therefore, those who DO have multiple accounts are probably up to no good.
He doesn't have multiple accounts.... anymore.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post
He doesn't have multiple accounts.... anymore.
I don't know the specific circumstances, so I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly why.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I don't know the specific circumstances, so I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly why.
:/

Well, all I can do is wait. This thread speaks for itself.
Closed Thread