Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Annie Lestrange Offline

Send a message via AIM to Annie Lestrange Send a message via MSN to Annie Lestrange Send a message via Skype™ to Annie Lestrange
Default N64 stopped working while playing Pokemon Stadium I

The other day, me and my little sister were trying to play Pokemon Stadium on the N64 and it wouldn't turn on. We changed the console to the tv in the living room and it worked for quite a while, but sometimes the screen would turn dark and we had to reset the console.
Resetting worked for a couple of times, but then nothing else could be done.
The red light in the N64 isn't turning on anymore.

Have it happened to you? The console isn't working ever since and I'm really worried if this might be a "goodbye" to my Nintendo 64... I've had it for so many years
Old 10-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: N64 stopped working while playing Pokemon Stadium I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Lestrange View Post
I've had it for so many years
There lies the problem. I doubt it could keep in great shape for this long, unless you took good care of it.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Annie Lestrange Offline

Send a message via AIM to Annie Lestrange Send a message via MSN to Annie Lestrange Send a message via Skype™ to Annie Lestrange

A friend of my father and also friend of the family is an electricist and he tried to figure out what the problem was. It seems to be a small "plate" inside the power supply that is damaged.
I wonder if replacing the entire power supply should fix the problem... but I don't know if it would be expensive or anything it makes me so sad...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

N64's are incredibly cheap. Its only 40 bucks for a new one. I'd say just buy a new one altogether.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I agree. Given how long the N64's been around and how long it's been out of production I applaud you for keeping it in good enough shape that it's only just now died, but all tech shares the same fate of becoming outdated and dying. Still, the Stadium games were the best of all Pokemon console games, so if you can find one used it'll be dirt cheap and will probably still be in good condition.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Annie Lestrange Offline

Wink Re: N64 stopped working while playing Pokemon Stadium I

I might buy myself a new N64 this Christmas
But what guarantees me that it isn't also an old console and just like mine, about to die?
Because just before it started to fail it was working perfectly in every aspect.
I was even looking for new games for it ;_; I never had Banjo Tooie and Pokemon Stadium II because my father said that buying more games would be too expensive

Thanks guys!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Mine's on the way out too. It takes about 4-5 tries to get it to switch on, and recently it's been freezing in the middle of games. :(

There's really no way to guarantee that if you buy a new one, it'll work. I guess you can only try, since they're not that expensive anyway. Or if you have a Wii, just hope that your fave games come out on Virtual Console. ^^;
Old 10-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Annie Lestrange Offline

Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a Wii .___.
I hope that my dad's friend make it work, but it's like a remote possibillity.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
But what guarantees me that it isn't also an old console and just like mine, about to die?
Because just before it started to fail it was working perfectly in every aspect.
I was even looking for new games for it ;_; I never had Banjo Tooie and Pokemon Stadium II because my father said that buying more games would be too expensive

Thanks guys!
Those games probably go for like ten bucks nowadays, maybe even less.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Red face Re: N64 stopped working while playing Pokemon Stadium I

I don't know if my N64 still works or not. Last time I played it so many years ago, it still worked. I put mine away when the controllers wore out. I'll have to dig it out and see if it still works. To those who suffered a loss: sorry about your consoles.

If by chance all of you do manage to get new N64's, may suggest storing it in a cardboard box with a clean, dry t-shirt or a rag over it to keep dust and humidity out and storing that way when it is not in use.

I do this with every video game system I own. Still, I should check on my old N64 to see if it still works, but my controllers are pretty much shot. I play my DS, my XBOX (the 1st one), and my Wii.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 10-11-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: more info, spelling
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Annie Lestrange Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Those games probably go for like ten bucks nowadays, maybe even less.
The games are cheap but without the console it is worthless...
All of my equipment was still working and looked good, so it's a pity really.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Mine seems to be really durable. Even after my little brother poured glue in it(he was a baby when he did it in it). I barely use it but i do play Pokemon Stadium 1&2 on it just because of the nostalgia feeling ^.^
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 AM
lu1z Offline

My N64 is working like it was new but sometimes the games are the ones not working because sometimes the cartridge save data erases and after a reset it has all data back.

Whats the problem there?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Deo_ Offline

Quote:
If you do buy yourself a new N64, keep the old one so if something happens to the new one you can swap the parts from your old one.
EDIT: Clean all your cart's contacts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and see if it helps.

Last edited by Deo_; 11-18-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:38 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy

I know it might sound depressing, but chances are that you're system is dying, if not already dead. Consoles have lifespans and Nintendo 64 was created awhile ago, so if you've been playing your N64 it's likely that it's time is up. That's why companies create new consoles after years; not only because newer generations call for them, but also because the former consoles are gearing toward the end of their lifespans. Sorry to hear that your N64 has reached its limit though.

It truly had some of the best games created.