Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:27 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Default Need Help With [TXT] and [/TXT] When Posting URL

There's this one problem I've been having with wanting to be able to post text in order to post a URL to a thread, post, or person and I haven't resolved this yet. The first time I come on here and experiencing this problem is when I'm typing up a Visitor Message to someone who believes that some person, dude on here was the real Serebii, Joe and I was telling him "No that it wasn't." I just wanted to type "Click here" and there was no way I can get some URL text in it and post to the URL because then it'd be an empty link. It wouldn't take me anywhere. Am I getting the BB Code wrong? If so, how? I want someone to help me with this. What's the format? Is it [TXT] link here for example [/TXT]? What should I do? I tried either one of them but they didn't work. Help me! Please guys! PE2k'rs. I was only able to do this once on the Bulbagarden Forums before I was permabanned because someone helped me with it and I should be able to do it here too but I can't.

EDIT: I even tried GO HERE after having the URL in there and it still didn't work when I was typing off to Dark Umbreon. What am I doing wrong? Can someone still help me?

Last edited by SPPF_Max; 10-07-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Need Help With [TXT] and [/TXT] When Posting URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPF_Max View Post
There's this one problem I've been having with wanting to be able to post text in order to post a URL to a thread, post, or person and I haven't resolved this yet. The first time I come on here and experiencing this problem is when I'm typing up a Visitor Message to someone who believes that some person, dude on here was the real Serebii, Joe and I was telling him "No that it wasn't." I just wanted to type "Click here" and there was no way I can get some URL text in it and post to the URL because then it'd be an empty link. It wouldn't take me anywhere. Am I getting the BB Code wrong? If so, how? I want someone to help me with this. What's the format? Is it [TXT] link here for example [/TXT]? What should I do? I tried either one of them but they didn't work. Help me! Please guys! PE2k'rs. I was only able to do this once on the Bulbagarden Forums before I was permabanned because someone helped me with it and I should be able to do it here too but I can't.

EDIT: I even tried GO HERE after having the URL in there and it still didn't work when I was typing off to Dark Umbreon. What am I doing wrong? Can someone still help me?
Not sure what you're talking about, but maybe... [URL="http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/"]like this[/URL*]? Without the *, of course. Otherwise it's like this.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:05 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Not sure what you're talking about, but maybe... [URL="http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/"]like this[/URL*]? Without the *, of course. Otherwise it's like this.
It worked. I actually got help from Tyranitar Trainer. I could put something in my Signature when I edit this picture a little or maybe I don't have to to link to my profile on the Serebiiforums or some of my favorite threads there so people wouldn't consider me subtle advertising on here just testing out some BB Code with a hyper link which also has to include the name of the URL I post in.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPF_Max View Post
It worked. I actually got help from Tyranitar Trainer. I could put something in my Signature when I edit this picture a little or maybe I don't have to to link to my profile on the Serebiiforums or some of my favorite threads there so people wouldn't consider me subtle advertising on here just testing out some BB Code with a hyper link which also has to include the name of the URL I post in.
Well, then, good luck. If you have any more problems, feel free to ask. :)