Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: My Guardian Angel (PG-13) (Chapter 2 is here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
In an early draft of Delta Species he was actually featured heavily in it, but after that was taken out and replaced I never really stopped liking him. ^^ And your Deoxys seems like a (WARNING: TVTROPES LINK) woobie the way he's treated by many of the Legendaries, and now I want to see his almost childish character more because it's so fascinating, like all of the other Legendaries happen to be.
Wall-E. <33

Wow, didn't know there was a name for that type of character, but yeah, Deoxys is definitely a woobie. Cute because he certainly doesn't as huggable as Mew, Manaphy, Jirachi, or Mew. And yay for Deoxys fans! :) Deoxys is certainly not the Legendary most people would go "aww" over, so he needs love.

I have to go and slightly revise my chapters outline, anyway. Originally, Jirachi was going to be visiting Darkrai on Newmooon Island to ask him to help her (my idea was that he had some power over the dead and could help in some shape or form), but since he appeared in Chapter 1 and was very adamant about his feelings for humans, he was obviously going to say no. So in scrapping that idea, I kinda combined Chapter 2 and part of 3 in Chapter 2, which leaves Chapter 3 only with a battle. Just a battle won't cut it for a chapter, so I'm planning to either add something or get a bit of Chapter 4 in Chapter 3, which might result in the revelation of a main character a chapter sooner than I had planned. Meh, I'll go and see what will fit better. ^^

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Giratina Offline

Perhaps you could use that opportunity to flesh out some of the other Legendaries like Deoxys, for instance? Seriously, though, you should probably add something. Adding part of chapter 4 into chapter 3 wouldn't help very much at all, and it's harder to shoehorn stuff in later on in the progression of plot so you'd be better off filling in the gap now.

Or just add lots and lots of dialogue.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Perhaps you could use that opportunity to flesh out some of the other Legendaries like Deoxys, for instance? Seriously, though, you should probably add something. Adding part of chapter 4 into chapter 3 wouldn't help very much at all, and it's harder to shoehorn stuff in later on in the progression of plot so you'd be better off filling in the gap now.

Or just add lots and lots of dialogue.
Okay, yesterday, I went back on my outline and implemented Deoxys more into the storyline (and also added a scene in Chapter 3, which means I won't take something from Chapter 4 and put it in there). Good thing, too, because there was this chapter (twenty-something) that irked me, and with Deoxys in there, it doesn't seem like the filler chapter it was. ^^

- Kat

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Double post; oi Dios mio! :p

I drew some Halloween fanart, but I couldn't finish it yesterday since I had to go to my school's football game. Now, though, it's done. :) I'm pleased with it despite the fact that some details are sloppy, and I'm especially happy with the background (read a tutorial on dA but had to modify some things because I have a different Photoshop version).

Warning: the pic is a spoiler to the story. :o

Spoiler:

Who's that, you may ask? Why that's the second main characater of the story (who won't appear until chapter four), Mark Antony. I think him having that scythe is a good indication as to what role he's going to have later on. ;P

Hehe, Mark's mad 'cause Jirachi almost made him lose his scarf. And Jirachi doesn't care. xD

What he has in that cage thing is a soul, though that cage won't be in the story; the skull on top of the scythe is what holds souls. Meh, this, after all, did start as a doodle in History. *shrugs* And this is the first time I've drawn Mark without his scarf on [he uses the clip on the scarf to fasten it instead of tying it in a knot]. I doodle him too much to be healthy at school. D:

Oh yeah, if the colors look off, sorry. I did this on my laptop.

Chapter 3 is 1/3 done. :)

- Kat

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 11-01-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka
Default Re: My Guardian Angel (PG-13) (Some Halloween fanart is up!)

AWESOME art PK!!! Mark Anthony looks so cool there!! ^^ And Jirachi just laughs at him almost losing his scarf XDDD

BTW, how do you do that spoiler tag/code thingy??? I might need it in the future, so many thnx if u can tell me XDDD
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShionRasenka View Post
AWESOME art PK!!! Mark Anthony looks so cool there!! ^^ And Jirachi just laughs at him almost losing his scarf XDDD

BTW, how do you do that spoiler tag/code thingy??? I might need it in the future, so many thnx if u can tell me XDDD
xD Thanks. Jirachi is too mischevious for her own good here.

And for the spoiler tags, just put [spoiler][/*spoiler] without the asterik. :)

- Kat

Old 11-07-2009, 09:37 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
xD Thanks. Jirachi is too mischevious for her own good here.

And for the spoiler tags, just put [spoiler][/*spoiler] without the asterik. :)

- Kat
Yeah, my friend's RPC character is the same way.... Always causing trouble somehow XDDD

And thanks tons for the info!!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Chapter 3

Where their Loyalties Lie

More than ever, Jirachi felt she was trapped in a cursed hourglass. The sands of time were pouring down much too fast, disrupting the flow and threatening to shatter the delicate glass. Celebi and Mew had started destroying souls; she felt it deep in her heart. Curling her fingers, she stole a glance at the dreary, ruby sky above her, knowing that Arceus was still beyond the frozen clouds, helping Deoxys find a home.

While sand billowed around her speeding frame, obscuring her view, her emotions were unmoving. The anger and horror had been frozen in place the moment the male soul had weaved his tale. There was no time to think things through or wonder how her brother and sister were bold and conniving enough to do this. Even if she did, Jirachi didn’t think she would ever come to a conclusion. Both of them had always been a mystery, preferring company with each other and Arceus rather than with the rest of their brethren. Were they snobbish? No, she didn’t think that was the case. Arrogant? Possibly, but the way they held themselves and manipulated the conversations around them made it seem as though they had a right to be as controlling as they were.

Manipulative. Controlling. Maybe Celebi and Mew didn’t portray themselves as arrogant siblings but rather manipulative and controlling parents that wanted to morph their children into the mold they saw fit, even if it meant going behind Arceus’ back.

Jirachi snapped back to the present, a slight shiver traveling down her spine; she felt a source of great power near, though she couldn’t be sure whether it was one of her siblings. More alert than ever, she looked around.

Before her eyes, looming closer and closer, was the mountain range. The light brown, almost orange, fangs of stained earth ran towards the right and left, each fiercer looking than the others. Their sides, from afar, seemed to be worn smooth until only a faded rust reflected the glaring sky above. It wasn’t until she got closer that she realized that the mountain sides were actually slabs of rock overlaid over one another, much like cracked roof shingles. There were points in the strange pattern that splintered pieces of stone rose up from the mountain, and when they overlapped, piles of the needle-like structures laid precariously in the shadows the rock slabs caused.

“Wait… those aren’t shadows,” she realized, before clamping her mouth shut; if Mew and Celebi were around, she didn’t want to reveal her location just yet.

They’re caves, the Legend continued mentally. She then corrected herself upon a closer look. Or more like alcoves or caves in the mountain.

With nothing but the wind the flight created whistling through her tassels, Jirachi dared to swoop closer to the mountain side. Sure enough, what she had thought were shadows turned out to be pitch-black openings hidden by the shingle-like rock slabs and the protruding stone needles that crisscrossed the entrances. The Legend paused and looked around. The soul’s friend was nowhere in sight and neither were her headstrong siblings. Mentally, she cursed herself for not drilling him for more information. Yes it was urgent to stop Mew and Celebi, but going in with nothing but blind rage was a mistake on her part.

And here she thought she was levelheaded and rational.

With a sigh mounting on her lips, Jirachi weaved through upturned rock slabs, grasped the stone needles, and peered inside the overwhelming darkness. She wished she possessed night vision or that it was safe enough to call forth a psychic orb of energy to light her way. Unfortunately, neither was an option, so she had to settle for squinting her eyes and rubbing noses with the needles. Her ears strained for a sound, any sound that told her that this mountain was the one the soul had come from. If she had to search every mountain in this chain until she found her brother and sister…

A gust of wind hit her face before it was gone. Jirachi blinked, then looked inside the cave with shining eyes. There was no wind in Purgatory, so somebody inside had caused the gust, not a passing gale. Her breathing slowing until it only rattled in her throat, Jirachi carefully wheedled herself through the gaps the needles made. Grunting softly, she reached into the cave and pulled herself in using the protruding stalagmites for support. One broke midway though her squirming, however, and losing her balance, she fell into the cave with a sharp cry of pain.

In a crumpled heap, the Legend picker herself up, bumping against the point of a needle that had chipped off and slashed her side. If it was stained red, she couldn’t see it in the shafts of light that filtered in; everything under the Purgatory daylight had a crimson tint to it. Throwing it aside, she tried to hover, only to have her head collide with the roof.

“These are Arceus-forsaken tunnels, not caves,” she whispered bitterly, faintly realizing she sounded like Ho-Oh or Darkrai.

With one hand on the tunnel wall, she walked in deeper, the other in front of her and feeling for those stalagmites that were scattered around. More than once, some of the cave wall chipped off in her grip, and she would wrinkle her nose as plumes of dust surrounded her. When it happened for the fifth time, a seed of fear bloomed in her chest. The possibility that the tunnel could cave in at any given moment was now mocking her. With steely determination, though, she pushed the thought to the back of her mind and kept on stumbling through the dark. Just like every other misgiving she had since her arrival in Purgatory, it had to wait and could not be pondered on at a time like this.

After what seemed like an eternity of hearing nothing but her own breathing, the hint of a chuckle came to her ears. It grew louder when she quickly shuffled through the tunnel, not even pausing to avoid the rocky outcroppings in her way. The edge’s sudden appearance was more than enough to stop her. Jirachi gripped a stalagmite, hid behind it, and tried to see what was going on among the shadows.

She managed to conclude that what laid in front of her was one huge, empty chamber dotted with tunnel entrances. Then, a bright, emerald light chased away the darkness. Behind the luminous Celebi came Mew wrapped in light of bright magenta. The two Legendaries shared a look that spoke of the responsibility they had decided to take on and of the satisfaction they were going to get out of it. Both effortlessly meandered towards the human figure suspended in the middle of the gargantuan, hollow room of stone. Glimmering tendrils of pink and green held him up by his arms like a rag doll. Locks of ebony hair were limp over his extremely pale face, but the light his chains shed illuminated the terrified look he was trying to hide. With his white dress shirt torn in numerous places, his leather vest held on by a single button, and dust-coated black pants and shoes, he looked as tired and haggard as his friend.

“I think you should be honored,” Mew started, putting a finger under the soul’s chin and tipping it so that they were face-to-face, “that you should be the first one to be Judged by us.”

Frantic, gray eyes looked away from the deity’s piercing blue. Celebi scowled and forcibly took the man’s face in her hands, forcing him to lock gazes with her. “Don’t turn away from Judgment, coward!”

The word ‘coward’, more than anything, made the soul react. Faded eyes hardening, he dared to retort, “I’m no coward!”

“Yes, you are by far the bravest soul who has graced the planet,” Mew mocked him, disgust spreading over his facial features like a plague. “You, who left your family for dead when your house was consumed by flames.”

Just like that, the man’s face was wiped of its indignation. A feeling of guilt and remorse now assaulted his eyes. “I went for help,” he tried to explain. When silence met his ears, he burst out, “I went for help!”

Mew and Celebi shared an unconvinced glance then returned their gazes to the soul. “You ran when there was a chance to lead your family out,” Celebi spat. “You heard their cries from the smoke-filled rooms. You are a coward unfit for a second chance of life, Willard McGrady.”

“I WENT FOR HELP!” Willard bellowed, willing the Legendaries to understand. Ghostly tears leaked from his shut eyes and trailed down his cheeks, before falling down into the black abyss below. Despite the fact that his tears turned to rivers, Willard could not feel them. He had discovered long ago that each tear was merely a phantom of a real one he had shed back on Earth; he had cried so much when he lost everything that even two hundred years later, Willard could still cry.

“Unfortunately for you,” Mew dryly quipped, coming closer, “help never came.” The god floated over to Willard’s right, where bindings of rose-pink constricted his wrist.

“So there’s no afterlife for you, and there never will be,” the Grass-type said on a fading breath. She floated towards the soul’s left, the bright, jade chains that wrapped around his left wrist beginning to tighten until a tendril of power slithered down his arm and towards the man’s neck. Willard had settled for letting his tears cascade down his face in silence, but upon feeling the chain extend and wrap around his windpipe, he let out a gasp. Not only was the energy snake beginning to cover his eyes as it wound itself around his neck and then up his face, but he was suddenly freezing cold. Willard shivered when he felt Mew’s bindings wound around his right, paralyzed fingers. They were mocking him, treating his soul like a toy that could be cast away when bored with, but he was too horrified to care.

“Uggh!” Celebi grunted, pushed away by an unseen force. She flipped backwards, the green chains on their captive ceasing their movement, and touched her chest. Spots of blood appeared on her emerald and lime-green torso, and her hand hovered over a cut before she grasped the air and pulled. The invisible star materialized in between her fingers, and the rest of the Swift attack on her chest vanished in a sudden flare of aura, leaving nothing but crimson cuts. Mew stopped the manipulation of his own chains and instead locked glares with the figure that had appeared in the chamber.

“Jirachi,” Celebi growled when her sister rocketed out of her hiding spot. “How dare you interfere?!”

“How dare I?!“ Jirachi screeched. She closed in on them, her body alight with a crystalline shade of azure. “You have no right to do this!”

“Delaying the inevitable is foolish!” Celebi barked back.

But the space dweller dove straight towards Willard and grabbed his left wrist, sending a surf of her aura into him. Cerulean destroyed pulsating green with multiple flashes of white.

The dead man yelled when he felt himself falling. Fear coursed through his still heart, and he looked up to the pink bindings that held him up, his free arm dangling uselessly at his side.

Without warning, Mew zipped by his face and clobbered his sister with a Mega Punch. A teeth-chattering crack! reverberated in the room, making Willard clamp his mouth from crying out in shock. His very hairs stood on end, and even the fear running through his body stopped dead in its tracks. Jirachi stopped her fall and soared back up, a hand gently cradling her stinging jaw. Tasting the blood that stained her lips, she stared at the Kanto legend with mixed emotions. However, when Mew stared back with a cold but otherwise emotionless expression, her anger rose a notch. She had hit Celebi with a Swift attack, but the pain the Johto legendary felt was laughable; if anything, the Swift was just a way to announce her presence.

But Mew… Jirachi had felt the power behind the punch and knew that if she hadn’t tilted her head at the last second, her jaw wouldn’t just be broken but lodged somewhere in the wall behind her. Mew hadn’t even batted an eyelash when the sound of shattered bone split the air.

“You will not harm him!” she declared, trying her best to bypass the lisp her broken jaw now created. The blood on her mouth dribbled and flew when she faced Celebi, then Mew, in her rage. “I still sense Arceus with Deoxys; you have not told him of this matter, and therefore, you have no right to perform your ‘Judgment.’” Jirachi almost spat the last word. She paused, the ache in her jaw bringing a forlorn look in her eyes. “Truthfully, I do not see why you think you must resort to this matter. I have found out by Death that by merely beautifying the landscape and bringing life to the atmosphere, the pure souls will not grow hostile.”

“Little sister,” Celebi addressed her, “do you truly think that a simple change of scenery is going to change them? Why do you think there are wars? Dictators? Murders? Second chances are useless.”

“I’m not saying it will vanquish human evils. I’m saying that placing the human race in peril solely because of an opinion is dangerous and ill-though out.” Jirachi gritted her teeth. “And to go behind not only your fellow Legendaries but Arceus himself! You’re no harbingers of salvation but manipulators who have tasted power and want more!”

Mew cocked his head, and his eyes would have been coated in that innocent gleam he mastered if a congratulatory smirk wasn’t present on his face. “Manipulators? Spot on, Jirachi, spot on.” His faux smile was gone and replaced by a scowl. “But do not mention power as though it’s an object; power is a title. Celebi and I truly know that we can help the Pokémon World. We have so much to offer, so much to correct! But with Legends such as hot-headed Ho-Oh and grudge-ridden Darkrai, Earth will never prosper as how we want it.”

“And when Arceus is ultimately left to decide, he doesn’t have the heart to sacrifice,” Celebi put in, her hand aloft. Tendrils of green lifted Willard again, and much to his horror, the binds tightened with every word the angry pixie hissed. “But with this eradication, it’ll become easier to convince the rest of the Legends to bigger things. Arceus will see our potential!”

“If he doesn’t, the rest of the Legends will back us up.” Mew said it with such certainty that Jirachi felt her wish tags stand on end. Hovering in the middle of the chamber, with her jaw sending agonizing bolts of pain throughout her face, she could finally start to imagine what lengths Mew would go to get what he wanted.

Despite her older brother’s unwavering determination, she stood her ground. “I’ll never allow you to do such a thing. Arceus and the rest of the Council will know about your doings before the day is done.”

The Psychic-type, unsurprised by her words and tone, closed his eyes and shook his head. “You and Arceus are much alike. You think with your hearts and are unwilling to sacrifice for the greater good.” He opened his eyes, Mew’s ears flicking back. With an unbecoming snarl set loose from his throat, he shouted, “But you will not stop us!”

Without another word, Mew thrust his glowing hand into Willard’s intangible chest. Ignoring the cold that swirled inside the depths of the soul, he spread his fingers and let snakes of power slither freely. Willard yelled in agony and arched his back as the sensation of being ripped apart flooded him from every direction. The chill that came with being dead began to intensify, began to smother him and make him gasp in desperation.

“No!” Jirachi dove towards them both but was thrown out of the way by a flurry of pulsating leaves. The Hoenn legendary pushed herself forward, one arm protecting her face, as the leaves danced around her to leave stinging cuts that tore her tassels and dotted her body with blood. Amber eyes squinted through the storm of jade then widened when Celebi rammed into her. With her breath punched from her lungs, she couldn’t stop her sister from trapping her against the cave wall. Before she knew it, the rocks were digging into her spine, and the blood dripped down from the cuts on her face to blind her. Still, Jirachi met Celebi’s stony blue eyes.

“We must rid ourselves of our nuisance of a sister, Celebi!” their brother yelled above Willard’s pained bellows. “Jirachi will never agree with what we’re doing! She’ll ruin our plans!”

The Grass-type turned around, mouth dropping open in shock. “Kill, Mew? You want us to kill our sister?”

Mew shoved his other hand inside Willard, and it slid in easily. The soul was growing weaker and translucent; already the man’s screams began to fade into the forgotten crevices of the mountain. The tendrils of pink were like magma, fire-hot and writhing, looking for a way to escape but knowing they were not allowed to. Now, the deity grasped two of his power vines and told them, Break free!

Jirachi tried to lurch into action; she sensed Mew’s sudden spike of energy and saw Willard’s eyes widen into saucers. Celebi put a hand on the Legend’s chest and called upon a Leech Seed to entangle Jirachi’s limbs and secure theme against the wall. The Steel-type struggled against the twine-like plants, grimacing as they slithered and steadily took her energy. As helpless as she was, Jirachi couldn’t help but witness Mew’s snakes do as they were told.

Willard burst into fragments of twinkling light, his screams masked by the sound of the energy vines bursting forth and fiercely whipping each other in their dance of freedom. As the disappearing shards rained down and his yells were lost among the shattered remnants of his soul, Mew fisted his hands and called his power back with a wiggle of his fingers.

“Yes, kill, if that is what it takes to keep the Pokémon World in one piece,” he finally said. He whirled around and locked eyes with the frozen and horrified Jirachi. “You brought this on yourself, Jirachi. Your duty is to help your brethren keep order, make decisions and sacrifices, but you have not. What use are you, then? They’ll be more Legendaries, but there’s only one Earth.”

Celebi, absorbed by Mew’s words, doubled over when Jirachi elbowed her in the stomach. The slip of concentration loosened the Leech Seed vines enough for her sister to escape, the plants left torn and limp by the Confusion she had sent running through them in her burst of adrenaline.

“Arceus will know about this!” she yelled, whipping around towards her brother.

Only to get a Psychic in the face.

Rivulets upon rivulets of amethyst light assaulted her, manifesting a ringing in her ears that made her briefly black out. Gasping like a fish out of water when she could force her eyes open, the Steel Legend felt bolts of paralysis grip her limbs. As she fell like a stone, Celebi and Mew popped into her view, their hands aglow with unleashed power. Jirachi fisted her hands, which made her entire torso shutter in protest, and sharply flew up in a twirl of yellow and pulsating blue. The cerulean grew brighter and climbed up the trembling, rocky walls, dislodging boulders that soon cascaded down upon Mew and Celebi. When she saw that they dodged the debris with ease, she reached out and swept her arms down. Immediately, the rocks fell with the intensity of meteors.

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 12-15-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Jirachi flew towards the tunnel she came from, flinching when she heard Celebi’s yelp of pain. When the walls of the tunnel surrounded her, she shook off the guilt blooming in her chest and instead intensified her aura so it was powerful enough to destroy the obstructing stalagmites in her path. Dust sprinkled her face, making her determined eyes water, but she plowed through. Her second plan of the day was tumbling in her head. If she could get out of Purgatory and back to Earth, Arceus would not be hard to lo… She stopped the thought. She had no idea where their father was, only that his presence was accompanied with that of Deoxys’. Could she afford to wait until he came back to Heaven?

A growing light behind her answered her question.

“Don’t think you’ve best me!” Mew’s ringing voice hollered in rage.

Jirachi did not let her eyes stray until she felt intense heat on her back. Whipping her head around, she saw Mew flying towards her, his palms harboring an unstable Shadow Ball. Like his anger, the maroon tendrils were out of control and whipping the air. When their eyes met, the sphere grew brighter, tighter, and it was thrust into Jirachi’s stomach. Mew held the Shadow Ball against her abdomen, watching with an anger-contorted face the way her third eye fluttered madly behind its eye lid. Jirachi grasped her brother’s wrists with twitching fingers and let her long-winding tassels touch the tunnel’s walls. The ceiling started to gain thin, splintering cracks, and the stalagmites not destroyed by her began to collapse into piles of rubble.

“Release me, or rubble will soon rain down!” she gritted through her teeth. The growing Giga Impact made dust shower them both.

“You wouldn’t dare,” Mew outright laughed at her, the tension in his face gone and replaced by his sly smile.

“You’ll never do anything like that,” came Celebi’s voice. The time traveler popped out from behind Mew with a scornful chuckle, although the grin on her face after she grew silent was less enthusiastic than her brother’s.

“Neither will you!” their sister retorted, her voice beginning to break as she strained to endure the slowly burning Shadow Ball while maintaining her Giga Impact under control.

Celebi’s face darkened, and she punched Jirachi in the abdomen with her own glowing fist. The volatile Shadow Ball flashed white before propelling Jirachi backwards in an explosion that made the roof above their heads collapse in chunks of stone. She crashed through the tunnel’s entrance, through the stone needles she had carefully squeezed through before, and rolled down the mountain side with her torn tassels wrapped around her body. Stopped by one of the mountain’s upturned slabs, Jirachi wiggled her hands out of the tassel-cocoon she was in and pulled herself up using the rock’s edge. A sharp pain split her body in half, but she did not dare look down at her scorched stomach.

Celebi and Mew materialized above her. Ruby cuts and dust peppered their bodies, but the U-Turn had allowed them to escape relatively unscathed. Jirachi hunkered down, hiding her small form in the shadows, and turned towards where she thought her half-sealed portal laid in the sky. With no time and space to bend in Purgatory, she could not Teleport away from this mess. A frantic flight was her only option.

It’s not the only one, a thought broke in. I could fight just enough to slow them down and escape.

Her heart clenched in indecision. Mew and Celebi were a part of her, and she was a part of them. To fight them would be like fighting herself.

“The shadows do not suit you, Jirachi.”

The wish granter gasped and looked up to see Celebi’s mocking, azure eyes. She tensed, waiting for Mew’s arrival, but when it didn’t come, she questioningly searched the skies.

“I wanted a word with you, in private,” her sister hissed, jovial eyes now slits, “which is why I sent Mew to the other side of the mountain to look for you.” Celebi descended until she was standing on the raised slab of stone Jirachi was hiding beneath. “Understand this, Jirachi: I am not like you. What separates you and I is that I see Mew’s plan in all its glory, and I will do what it takes to help him see it through.”

“You are not ready to do such a thing,” Jirachi fiercely whispered back, discreetly wounding one of her tassels around her injured third eye. Celebi, too consumed by her anger, did not notice.

“Why do you say that?” she barked.

“I can see the indecision in your eyes, the slight hesitancy in your actions. I do not know what has come over Mew, but you are not him…” Her true eye began to painfully open beneath her tassel. Jirachi hid her wincing by plastering a mocking smirk that rivaled Mew’s. “You are just like me, Celebi, and Mew will realize it. Maybe Ho-Oh will take your place.”

“How dare you!” Celebi screeched. She lunged at Jirachi like a wild Persian. Jirachi jumped into the air and waved her tassel aside to let loose her Flash Cannon. The Grass-type had a second to squeak in surprise before she was slammed against the rock slab by the silver crescent of power. Jirachi dodged one of the many stones that took flight in the explosion and ignored how the pile of rubble below her shifted and groaned. Instead of guilt swelling up inside her, it was fear. Mew and Celebi had proven by now that they did not share her morals.

The word kill echoed back into her mind, and it wasn’t until now that it made her blood run cold.

Jirachi’s wish tags fluttered in warning. Feeling the spike of power behind her, the Steel-type sharply leaned to the right and dodged the Water Pulse the incoming Mew launched at her. Without even taking aim, she pointed her pale fingers and snapped a Thunderbolt into existence. Crackling and hissing like a firecracker, the bolt of topaz disappeared then materialized above Mew’s head. The cat-like Legendary managed to twist his body out of the attack’s path, but his tail got zapped and allowed the electricity to race up his spine. Though he grounded his teeth and his right eye threatened to twitch, Mew continued to chase Jirachi; the burnt tip of his tail left a trail of smoke in his wake.

Jirachi wrinkled her nose at the increasing smell of scorched fur; Mew was catching up. From the corner of her eye, she saw Celebi flying to their brother’s side. With the aura that surrounded her now emerald tongues of flames that fluctuated with her anger, the forest guardian was a chilling sight. When Jirachi looked ahead, a glimmer of silver was visible against the red backdrop of the sky.

The portal! The pure elation and utter relief was like wind beneath her wings.

Until she felt the wind caressing her face and whipping her tassels and wish tags about. Jirachi softly gasped as a crisp, bright green leaf danced around her head. In the blink of an eye, the wind had picked up to trap her in a twister made up of the most beautiful forest leaves she had ever set eyes on. Once she turned and saw the time traveler’s eyes alight with revenge, however, Jirachi was reminded of the Leaf Storm’s approaching wrath.

She had to get out.

Fast.

Up and up she decided to go. The dew on the spinning foliage glistened like sharpened knives the closer and close they got. With the twister beginning to close in on itself, it began to get dark. A deep roaring filled her ears and made her breath rattle in her chest. Just when it seemed that Jirachi would reach Purgatory’s hellish sky after all, the Leaf Storm spun faster and began to fall apart like a house of cards. The tip of the cyclone was now a tumbling mass of leaves that smashed her through a collapsing wall.

The Hoenn Legendary took a deep breath and briefly relished the shadows’ absence, only to be overwhelmed by the swarm of leaves that struck her body. Pain flared up whenever a leaf touched her skin and refused to let go. Like parasites, she felt them drain her of energy and leaving behind the most awful burning sensation. By the time Mew came up to her, Jirachi was clothed in the acidic leaves from head to foot. Celebi had her eyes shut and was quivering with the effort to maintain the powerful attack (although Jirachi guessed it was her anger that made her shudder like the leaves she was controlling).

Now only able to hover just feet off the ground, Jirachi reared her fist back for a Thunderpunch. Mew was much faster, though, and hit her squarely on the stomach with his own Sucker Punch. She spun in the air then stopped herself long enough to hit her brother with an Iron Head. The metallic cling that rang when she hit his head and made him fly back in a daze set her teeth on edge. Above them, Celebi slumped in exhaustion, causing her aura to recede into a thin veil of light around her body. Immediately, the leaves on Jirachi’s body shriveled up and fell in a shower of dead copper leaves. The space dweller hissed as the inflamed welts they left behind throbbed, but she was now able to reach the portal.

“A weakened portal,” Mew remarked as he snaked after her. His tail came slamming down on her in a powerful Pound attack, only for his target to spin away at the last second. The New Species Pokémon snorted at her small feat. “That was a good idea; you’re going to need it.”

Jirachi waved a hand over the shimmering platinum vines and watched as they unwound themselves to reveal a washed-out image of Earth. The blurry trees and faded mountains in the background were like a breath of fresh air. She began to fly through, then was shoved forward from behind. Both her and Celebi tumbled over the long stalks of grass. Just as her sister twisted her arms behind her back, Jirachi felt the presence of space and time all around her. The infinite and powerful feeling flowed through her veins at her telepathic command, rekindling her ability to Teleport.

But another power, one she knew as well as her own, blocked hers right in its tracks. Celebi swallowed her with her aura as Jirachi lay face down on the earth. The Steel-type began using Cosmic Power, and her growing aura pushed out Celebi’s green. The fairy of time was flung back, and Jirachi propelled herself into the air.

She smashed face first into the ground when Mew landed an Ice Punch on her exposed back. For the first time throughout the whole battle, her scream of pain was loud and shrill. That single punch sent a shockwave of agony towards every bone in her body, followed by an icy sensation that bit into nerves. It reminded her how exhausted she was, how the slashes that adorned her body bled and throbbed. If any other Pokémon had injured her so, the cuts would be superficial, the pain laughable! Jirachi, ruler of the Regis, manipulator of space, could not be taken down so easily.

Yet that was the difference between normal Pokémon and them, the Legendaries, the gods. Pokémon would attack, but it was only their elemental powers or their bodies that would inflict the pain. Mew, Celebi, and the rest of her ilk, on the other hand, infused their attacks with their aura, even when it didn’t seem like it. They knew where to concentrate it, where it would hurt the most.

Jirachi cringed. The Mega Punch felt like it had snapped her spine in half. The cold had now transformed into sheets of ice that spread and cascaded down her arms, reawakening her infected injuries so they could burn anew. She lay still on the ground, trying to concentrate and gather enough power to Teleport. She doubted that she could pinpoint Arceus’ location in her state. In her mind, she saw her power sputter like a flame, threatening to die out and leave her alone. Anywhere that allowed her to hide and recuperate would be good enough.

“I can’t allow you to get away, not while you still have the idea of telling Father of what you saw,” came Mew’s eloquent, calm voice.

“But kill, Brother?” she cried, struggling to get up. When had she gotten so weak? Now that she was still and no longer flying and fighting for her life, the adrenaline in her had waned until she could only feel pain and her tired limbs. “Do you truly think that the solution is to kill me?”

Jirachi turned her head to try and see the furry Legend but only managed to glimpse his tail among the skyscraping grass; it was slowly curling and uncurling, a sign that Mew was deeply contemplating something. Celebi was seen in the shadows of a tree, mentally restraining herself from doing anything until Mew reached whatever decision he was juggling.

“You’re not going to quit, are you?” When the Wish Pokémon realized it was an actual question and not one of his usual trailing statements, Jirachi firmly shook her head.

“I promised you, Celebi, and our great father that I would stop this ridiculous scheme.”

Mew landed on the forest ground without a sound. When Jirachi could no longer hold her head up, he knelt and lifted it so that their eyes met. She expected everything and anything except for his soft, melancholy pools of blue. Did he truly care for her? Was he pitying his confused sister? Or was it all just another façade he had perfected over the centuries? She never found out because his next words dashed all thought.

“My dear sister, you are a slave of Father’s morals and philosophies. I love you, but you will always be loyal to him and his ideas, not to this Earth and its inhabitants.” He lowered her head and backed up until he jumped and hovered in the air, all the while keeping eye contact. “Your loyalty burns strong within you, so it’s only fitting that you burn along with it.”

He waved a hand, and the grass directly below him started to smoke and burn. The greenery around the fire lit up and began to spread their tongues of fury before the first ringlets of smoke could reach for the sky. Among the hungry trails of garnet, Jirachi could make out slivers of Mew’s rose-colored aura. The smoke and flames thickened as they advanced and made the air hazy and hot, blocking her view entirely. In the blink of an eye, the Heat Wave was upon her.

Mercilessly, the inferno washed over her body, heedless of her yells and screams. It melted the ice that half incased her, but the small relief of cool water evaporated away soon after. Crackles and dull roars filled her ears and muted her cries, dropping her into a silent world that only allowed her to smell her burning skin and feel the intense heat that crept up every inch of her body. She couldn’t move without feeling as though her muscles were going to stretch and melt away. A careless breath would lead into an endless fit of coughing, which would then leave her gasping for air.

In her desperation, she managed to convert her remnants of power into one small orb of light that enveloped her. The sphere’s lilac walls blocked the wave of heat and masked her pain with a veil of numbness. Blissfully shutting her eyes, Jirachi was Teleported from within the hell on earth.

______

Throughout his space travels, Deoxys had seen beautiful, icy comets and extraordinary galaxies that spanned for light years, but when Arceus showed him Birth Island, he blinked and automatically determined it rivaled many of space’s wonders. Quirking a smile, he left the floating Arceus and descended onto the small island. When the tree’s emerald canopies came within his reach, he caressed their huge, broad leaves then their tall, lanky trunks. The palm trees, unaware of this strange creature, kept on swaying on the light, salty breeze that came from the east, the rising sun bathing them in the growing rays of orange. Deoxys touched the ground and looked down in surprise.

Arceus’ red eyes softened and immediately thought back to his Legendary children; it was on this island that he had seen their first smiles, their first bouts of curiosity. Already, as the alien ran through the light-beige sand with his tentacles, he thought of Deoxys as one of his own.

“You’ll learn that Earth has many things to offer,” the great deity told him as he came down beside him. Arceus nudged him so that Deoxys focused his attention on what laid a couple of hundred feet away. Red and green tentacles obediently went to his sides, and his eyes began to analyze the cave that was nestled between numerous palm trees. He floated towards it, following Arceus and the hoof prints that trailed behind him. After a while, Deoxys, too, began to walk, if only to watch his own footprints appear in the glistening sand.

“This place, Birth Island, is a very special place to me,” Arceus spoke, his voice as smooth as the deep-blue ocean that surrounded the untouched haven. “It is here where I created my Legendary children. These sands were Groudon’s means of getting used to the earth. The ocean around us was the home of Manaphy’s first waves.”

Wistfully, the Alpha Pokémon looked around him then at his newest charge. Deoxys had been watching the fistfuls of grass that dotted the area shudder in the breeze until Arceus had stopped speaking. He now looked up, understanding deep within him that Birth Island was more important than its peaceful surroundings let on.

They now left the warm sunlight to be wrapped in the cave’s comforting chill. Unlike the mountain’s cave, this one, Deoxys pleasantly found, was not dank and cramped; the tunnel was spacious enough for both him and Arceus to go through without bumping into the stalactites above. Though his visibility decreased the deeper (and lower, for he felt a change of altitude) they went, cracks in the rocks above them allowed in shafts of light to light their way. The DNA Pokémon felt the rays and compared them to suns that were just the right distance away.

“This is going to be your home for now, and your permanent one if the Council comes to the consensus that you are allowed to stay,” the god said, the echo in his voice magnified by the cave. The authority that was always in it sprang up to be heard. “No one will disturb you, for only myself and my Legendary children can find this place, and they do not come here. They did, when they were young, but all but the youngest have put Birth Island into the deep recesses of their minds.”

A spacious chamber of stone, as large as Arceus’ own, opened up before them. Deoxys’ eyes widened when he saw crystals of all sizes embedded into the walls of his new home. Their pulsating, turquoise light provided the room with a slightly ominous atmosphere that reminded him of his asteroid home and the many stars he would see from all directions. He flew to the center of the chamber and looked up to where a constant trickle of water seeped in to form the pond he hovered above. The water shimmered with the light that the cave crystals gave off, yet the tranquility was somewhat broken by a low sound. Deoxys could hear the constant pounding of the ocean’s waves on the north wall of the cave. His heart leaped in excitement at the realization. No longer would he live in constant silence.

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 12-23-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Arceus announced his coming by the clap of hooves against the stone floor. “Though this is your home, you are welcomed to explore the rest of Birth Island.” The Normal-type chuckled as he looked at the chamber. “If I remember correctly, this is where Jirachi spent most of her time during her first century. According to her, her home in the mountains looks much like this.”

At the mention of the wish granter, Deoxys cocked his head in confusion. Arceus noticed this and smiled down at him. “You have much to owe her for. If it hadn’t been for my daughter’s words, I fear the Council of Legends would have decided right then and there to banish you from our planet. Even if they do not admit it, most of them were affected by her stand. Jirachi spoke of giving you a chance to live among us, and if you could, speak for yourself instead of letting us do it for you. ”

“Jirachi…” the outsider tried to say, but all that came out was screeches only he could understand. Deoxys frowned. Here was someone he had never met defending him, and he couldn’t even communicate the gratitude that now weighed his heart?

With that thought forefront in his mind, he extended one of his tentacles and wrapped it around Arceus’ neck. The god did not attempt to get away but merely watched as the foreigner scrunched his face in concentration. Arceus did, however, breathed a small gasp when images of galaxies, stars, and everything in between flashed before his eyes, and his ears were bombarded by screeches identical to those Deoxys vocalized.

He could understand them now.

“A copy of my DNA is now within you,” were the suddenly intelligible words when the tentacle was retracted from around his neck. Deoxys’ smile was giddy; he had never conversed with anybody before. “My language is now yours.” After getting his excitement under control, he solemnly said, “Tell Jirachi I’m grateful for her defense. Being among all these amazing sights and creatures truly vanishes my lonely times in space. As beautiful as they are, galaxies will not respond back.”

Arceus mirrored the chuckle attached to his last words before nodding. “I’ll tell her that.” With a farewell that told him he would return once he had word of what the Council decided, the Creator teleported away in a column of cerulean brilliance.

“Jirachi…” Deoxys now said aloud. He gazed at a particularly large crystal on the wall, its luminous depths entrancing him and making him wonder what kind of Pokémon this Legendary “Jirachi” was. “Rest assured that I’ll repay you for your kindness.”

With the words left lingering in the air, Deoxys wandered out to explore Birth Island, unafraid of the risen sun.

_____

A/N: Wow, more than a month without updating? It didn't seem that long. It was mainly because the battle scene was like pulling teeth: a slow and painful process that's worth it at the end. This chapter is very important, so I was taking extra care that it was written how I wanted it to be. Mew and Celebi certainly turned out better than I thought, so that's a plus. :)

What about Chapter Four, you may ask? Well, though Jirachi, Mew, or Celebi are not in this one, you're going to be introduced to our second main character of this fan fic, and let's just say he's not the nicest guy around. And remember that war the Legends mentioned that the humans were currently in? You're going to be dragged right in the middle of it.

Next chapter may take a while, since I plan to enter the URPG Winter Writing Competition and will spend time writing that as well. ^^

And oh yeah, first time I've been forced to split a chapter into three posts. :D *dances at the accomplishment*

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 11-22-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:07 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Default Re: My Guardian Angel (PG-13) (Chapter Three is up and running!)

AWESOME CHAPTER PK!! I am thoroughly impressed!!

I feel SO bad for Jirachi. She only wants to do what she feels is right, and she has to fight her siblings to do it.

I have to say, the way you've portrayed Mew and Celebi is very interesting. They're complete opposites of how they're typically portrayed, and that's a good twist.

The battle between the three was truey epic!! It's one of the best battle scenes I've ever read! I'm glad you took your time with it, because as you said, the wait was well worth it!! Poor Jirachi though.... She got beat up pretty bad....

You're doing an awesome job, keep it up!!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Quote:
AWESOME CHAPTER PK!! I am thoroughly impressed!!

I feel SO bad for Jirachi. She only wants to do what she feels is right, and she has to fight her siblings to do it.

I have to say, the way you've portrayed Mew and Celebi is very interesting. They're complete opposites of how they're typically portrayed, and that's a good twist.

The battle between the three was truey epic!! It's one of the best battle scenes I've ever read! I'm glad you took your time with it, because as you said, the wait was well worth it!! Poor Jirachi though.... She got beat up pretty bad....

You're doing an awesome job, keep it up!!
*sighs in relief* I'm glad I did well on the battle. Thank you so much. :)

Hehe, Mew and Celebi aren't so predictable or "kind" as many other people portray. Not that I don't see them that way sometimes (I have this unfinished story where Celebi is kind and actually falls in love), but this story is meant to have some dark undertones, so I had to tweak them to fit the plot I had in mind.

Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse for Jirachi (or better, however you see it). Oh yeah, and Deoxys won't come back until way later on in the story. *huggles Deoxys* Sorry, dear, but your role won't come until much later. :P

Once again, thanks for reviewing, SR! ^^

*wonders if there are non-reviewers reading along*

- Kat

Old 11-27-2009, 03:38 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
*sighs in relief* I'm glad I did well on the battle. Thank you so much. :)

Hehe, Mew and Celebi aren't so predictable or "kind" as many other people portray. Not that I don't see them that way sometimes (I have this unfinished story where Celebi is kind and actually falls in love), but this story is meant to have some dark undertones, so I had to tweak them to fit the plot I had in mind.

Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse for Jirachi (or better, however you see it). Oh yeah, and Deoxys won't come back until way later on in the story. *huggles Deoxys* Sorry, dear, but your role won't come until much later. :P

Once again, thanks for reviewing, SR! ^^

*wonders if there are non-reviewers reading along*

- Kat
You're welcome PK!! I'm always glad to review stories I enjoy!!

Yes, I have to agree, Mew and Celebi don't always have to have a 'cute and cuddly' personality. They can be portrayed as downright evil if the plot calls for it, or nice, or maybe standoff-ish and neutral. It all depends on what the author wants to do. As for darker undertones, I definitely see them. My own fanfiction is going to be darker as well, more closer to what the manga is like, only more darker, but not a whole lot more.

And wow, worse or better for Jirachi? That sounds interesting, can't wait to read!! I hope it gets better, but we'll have to see. And darn, Deoxys won't be in again until later??? Oh well, that's okay, I'm sure when he does return it'll be a great comeback!!

As for non-reviewing readers, I'm sure you have some. ^^ I hope my fanfiction will get readers as well.... I'm really working hard on the plot for it. There's going to be some region-hopping, so there's going to be quite a few characters (well over 100 @_@). If you enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum and/or XD: GoD, you'll probably enjoy it because it's going to be based off of those games. Wes, Rui, Prof. Krane and others will be among the cast of characters. ^^
Old 11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Quote:
You're welcome PK!! I'm always glad to review stories I enjoy!!

Yes, I have to agree, Mew and Celebi don't always have to have a 'cute and cuddly' personality. They can be portrayed as downright evil if the plot calls for it, or nice, or maybe standoff-ish and neutral. It all depends on what the author wants to do. As for darker undertones, I definitely see them. My own fanfiction is going to be darker as well, more closer to what the manga is like, only more darker, but not a whole lot more.

And wow, worse or better for Jirachi? That sounds interesting, can't wait to read!! I hope it gets better, but we'll have to see. And darn, Deoxys won't be in again until later??? Oh well, that's okay, I'm sure when he does return it'll be a great comeback!!

As for non-reviewing readers, I'm sure you have some. ^^ I hope my fanfiction will get readers as well.... I'm really working hard on the plot for it. There's going to be some region-hopping, so there's going to be quite a few characters (well over 100 @_@). If you enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum and/or XD: GoD, you'll probably enjoy it because it's going to be based off of those games. Wes, Rui, Prof. Krane and others will be among the cast of characters. ^^
That's what I love about the Legends; as long as it makes sense, you can shape them to act however you see fit, which is why I think many people like to write about them. And cool, you're writing a dark-ish fic. :o I'll be sure to read it, even though I've never played Colosseum or XD. But hey, I'll enjoy it even more because everything will be totally new to me. Don't worry, you'll get readers. The FF section has really grown, both in readers and in authors. :)

And yeah, Deoxys won't come back until Chapter Twenty-something or around there (too lazy to get out chapter layout xD). He'll make a grand entrance, though. ^^

- Kat

Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Default Re: My Guardian Angel (PG-13) (Take a look at the Character Profiles!)

Hey, everybody! ^^ To bring some life into this thread, I put up some character profiles! Of course, they are incomplete since only Chapter Three has been posted, but more information and characters will be added as the story goes along. I also plan on doing profiles for the three worlds of Heaven, Purgatory, and Earth.

I'm currently writing Chapter Four, and hopefully, I can get that done before I go off on vacation. ^^;

- Kat