Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon RPG's Pokemon Ultra RPG National Park Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Individual RP: Eraizaa-kun

NBP

I couldn’t blame Felix for being frightened of the Ursaring. They were intimidating when acting normally, and this one was behaving so oddly even I felt uncomfortable around it. I carefully and quietly joined the young Trainer and his Delcatty, leaving the strange bear behind to do as it pleased.

We walked for a few minutes, and I pointed out various fauna and flora. Nothing really caught my attention, though, until we reached the decaying husk of a long-fallen tree. There were masses of grubs and other small creatures living on and in it, feeding on the dead tree and the moss growing on it. And eating the grubs was a large bipedal beetle with a dull brown exoskeleton and two massive white claws growing from the top of its head. The Pinsir was grabbing grubs in its clawed feet and shoving them into its vertical maw, eating at an incredible pace. It must have just woken up from a long sleep, or was preparing to molt. Either way, Pinsir were known to get extremely aggressive if disturbed while feeding. I came up short and motioned for Felix to stop, then nodded to the beetle and spoke in a soft voice.

“I normally wouldn’t suggest disturbing a Pinsir while it was eating, but this would be a good chance to get in a solid hit if you want to battle it,” I told him. “Just know that if you do decide to try and catch it, you’ll have a hell of a battle on your hands. These guys get really, really testy when you get between them and a good meal.”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Felix Haru

Area Effects
-9 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
-Jolly Female Delcatty (TM Protect ; BM Sucker Punch) <Cute Charm Ability>
74.18% <Currently out of Ball>

-Calm Female Dragonite (TM Rain Dance ; TM Substitute ; HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; HM Whirlpool) <Inner Focus Ability>
100%

-Naive Female Butterfree (TM Psychic ; TM Hidden Power [Electric] ; TM SolarBeam ; TM Nightmare) <Compoundeyes Ability>
100%

-Careful Male Gallade (TMs Substitute, Swagger, Trick Room, Sleep Talk, Hidden Power (dragon), Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Skill Swap, Toxic, Snatch, Rest, Shadow Ball, X-Scissors, Thunderbolt, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Taunt, Safeguard, Reflect, Light Screen, Natural Gift, Fling, Poison Jab, Charge Beam ; BMs Confuse Ray and Shadow Sneak, MTs Ice Punch and Thunderpunch) <Steadfast Ability>
100%

-Sassy Male Abomasnow (TM Grass Knot ; TM Hail ; TM Earthquake) <Snow Warning Ability>
100%

Total Items: Parkballs x 10, Super Balls x 4, Hyper Balls x 3, Supreme Parkball x 1, Digital Camera, Digital Camera Powerlens, Max Potion x 2, Full Heal x 2

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Christmas Delibird {Special Encounter}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-12-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Felix stopped to think for a moment. Sure, the situation was perfect, but, did he really want to capture a Pinsir. He had never even considered the possibilities, but when he did, he grinned. Felix took out a Pokeball and opened it right there behind the trees. In a small flash of light, a Butterfree appeared. The Butterfree instantly rushed for Felix and clung onto him.

"Hi girl. I'm happy to see you too," said Felix as he pulled the Butterfree off of him gently.

He pointed towards the Pinsir and said, "Okay Galateah, that over there is your target. I need your to spread your Poisonpowder over there..." Felix pointed towards a spot high in the air far from the group but also in Pinsir's bling spot. "...Then, use your strongest Gust attack to bring it all down to Pinsir."

Galateah nodded and flew behind the trees, swirling gracefully as she did. She flew upwards to that spot Felix had mentioned and spread Poisonpowder upward into the air. She flew back a bit and as the Poisonpowder dropped between her and Pinsir, Galateah flapped her wings and strong as she could, sending a powerful Gust attack in Pinsir's direction.

The Gust itself had changed color due to the Poisonpowder. It almost looked like a gown with Galateah centered right ontop of it.

Felix looked at Ranger Sara and said, "Galateah may be absent minded, but when it comes to showing off her move, she always likes to add a sparkle to them. I can't help but love that about her."

"Nyah!" followed Nancy in agreement as she marbled at the attack.

Hopefully, not only would that Gust hurt Pinsir, but it would also deliver the Poisonpowder to its target.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

BP

OOC: And you thought you wouldn’t run into anything else you wanted :P.

=====

IC: Felix released a Butterfree, which instantly flew to him and clung to the young man. I smiled a little, always glad to see when a Pokemon was attached to their Trainer. It meant that there was a strong bond between them, and it was always good to see it. Too many people these days treated their Pokemon as little more than slaves or tools.

Felix gently pushed his Butterfree away, then gave him his orders. First, the butterfly was to get above Pinsir and scatter a cloud of Poisonpowder over him, which was then to be driven down over the beetle with a powerful Gust attack. Galateah instantly complied, fluttering into the sky over her foe and releasing hundreds of tiny, poisonous spores from the scales on her wings. These hung in the air, so light they practically hovered, and Galateah whipped up a strong blast of air with her large wings. The violet spores of poison spread out below the Butterfree for a few moments, making it look like a flowing gown cascading from her body.

"Galateah may be absent minded, but when it comes to showing off her move, she always likes to add a sparkle to them. I can't help but love that about her,” Felix told me, and I nodded with another smile. I then watched as the Poisonpowder was caught up by the Gust as it was formed into a wide funnel, slicing through the air towards Pinsir with amazing accuracy.

Seconds later the Poisonpowder-laden Gust slammed into Pinsir, as well as the tree it was eating from. The strength of the attack decimated the old tree, which was weakened from years of rot, and sent Pinsir staggering backwards with an angry screech. Of course, it had to inhale deeply to produce such a grating sound, and a moment later it suffered from the effects of the Poisonpowder it had breathed in.

Coughing and clawing at its jaws, the Pinsir whirled around to find the one responsible for not only destroying its mealtime, but also inflicting such a horribly uncomfortable sensation on it. What it spotted was Felix, Nancy, and myself. Obviously thinking Nancy was to blame, the stag beetle screeched again, which irritated its inflamed throat and sent it into a series of hacking coughs. It didn’t let this hinder it in the slightest, though; it must have the Hyper Cutter ability, to be able to retain its full attack power despite being poisoned.

Lowering the pincers on its head, the Pokemon charged towards Nancy with frightening speed. The pincers clicked together as Pinsir barreled towards us, and then opened wide. The beetle was getting ready to snatch Nancy in the suffocating grasp of its ViceGrip attack!

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Na´ve Female Butterfree: 100%
-? ? Pinsir: 79.53% <ViceGrip> [[PSN] ; Hyper Cutter Ability]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-9 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

-Calm Female Dragonite (TM Rain Dance ; TM Substitute ; HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; HM Whirlpool) <Inner Focus Ability>
100%

-Naive Female Butterfree (TM Psychic ; TM Hidden Power [Electric] ; TM SolarBeam ; TM Nightmare) <Compoundeyes Ability>
100%

-Careful Male Gallade (TMs Substitute, Swagger, Trick Room, Sleep Talk, Hidden Power (dragon), Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Skill Swap, Toxic, Snatch, Rest, Shadow Ball, X-Scissors, Thunderbolt, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Taunt, Safeguard, Reflect, Light Screen, Natural Gift, Fling, Poison Jab, Charge Beam ; BMs Confuse Ray and Shadow Sneak, MTs Ice Punch and Thunderpunch) <Steadfast Ability>
100%

-Sassy Male Abomasnow (TM Grass Knot ; TM Hail ; TM Earthquake) <Snow Warning Ability>
100%

Total Items: Parkballs x 10, Super Balls x 4, Hyper Balls x 3, Supreme Parkball x 1, Digital Camera, Digital Camera Powerlens, Max Potion x 2, Full Heal x 2

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-12-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

OOC: I actually didn't want Pinsir. I just realized I could use one now that I found one, so...now I want it. = )

OOC2: The way you described Gust it sounded like it landed hard and was very powerful against Pinsir, yet Gust + Poison only did 4% of damage. Either you missed something or I'm in over my head. T_T

IC: Felix instantly panicked when Pinsir headed their way. He ducked and hid right behind Nancy as he pulled on the Ranger to get her to do the same.

"Nancy, Protect!" said Felix with a very rushed voice as his trusty Delcatty quickly created a bright barrier around them.

"Galateah, quick, dive down with Tailwind and use String Shot to tie him up!" shouted Felix as he looked straight at Galateah.

Galateah simply began fluttering down slowly as she was practically hypnotized by Nancy's shiny barrier.

"Galateah! Snap out of it!" shouted Felix.

Galateah quickly shook her head and rushed down aided by her Tailwind move. She prepared herself to swoop down and swirl around Pinsir's lower body.

OOC3: Him?...yeah, Pinsir is male. = )
Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

BP

OOC: Actually, I forgot to calc Gust damage on Pinsir, but I’ve edited it lol. Sorry, was in bit if a rush that day ^^’.

=====

IC: Felix grabbed my arm and tugged on it, signaling for me to get behind Nancy, whom he then commanded to use a Protect to defend against the oncoming Pinsir. I complied and went to stand next to the young man behind his Delcatty as she formed a brilliant shield of light. As that was going on, Felix called to his Pokemon, ordering a Tailwind followed by a String Shot. The Butterfree seemed momentarily distracted by Nancy’s Protect, but Felix managed to snap the butterfly from her daze.

Fluttering her wings madly, Galateah created a vortex around herself, making a slipstream that caused the air to rush by her without slowing her down. Her speed now increased thanks to the lack of wind resistance against her wings and body, the Butterfree dive-bombed the charging Pnisir, which was mere feet from crashing into Nancy’s Protect.

Seconds later, Galateah fluttered and started twirling around Pinsir, spitting forth a sticky, web-like mucus from her mouth. The thick strand struck Pinsir’s left pincer-claw, jerking him upright and halting his forward momentum. He tumbled to the ground, and unfortunately, Galateah was pulled after him by the String Shot attached to his claw. The Butterfree bounced into the ground; despite her light body, the speed she was moving at made her hit relatively hard, knocking her a bit silly. Pinsir, other than being momentarily dazed by suddenly eating dirt, didn’t seem very injured by his own fall. In fact, he seemed pretty ticked off.

Wheezing and hacking from the poison steadily working through his system, Pinsir pushed to his feet and screeched, shaking his head viciously when he realized the String Shot was still attached to it. I hoped Galateah would be able to sever the strand before she was heaved into a tree or something else equally unpleasant.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Na´ve Female Butterfree: 88% [Tailwind Count: 3]
-? Male Pinsir: 70.53% [[PSN] ; Hyper Cutter Ability ; Speed Decreased]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-9 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100%

-Naive Female Butterfree (TM Psychic ; TM Hidden Power [Electric] ; TM SolarBeam ; TM Nightmare) <Compoundeyes Ability> <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>
88%

100%

100%

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-12-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Felix saw how Galateah had not let go of the string yet.

"Perfect! Don't let go of that String Shot!" said Felix. Nancy looked up at her trainer, confused as to why her master would say that.

"Now fly as high as you can, and then use Gust straight down!" commanded Felix with a smile on his face. Nancy smiled as well as she quickly caught up with the plan.

Galateah wasn't sure what all that was about, but she did like flying, so using her speed she quickly flew upwards, but her trip was cut very short as the string still tied her to Pinsir who was now direcly bellow her. Galateah stressed out a bit as she wanted to go higher, so she began using Gust towards the floor and in Pinsir's direction.

Felix looked at Sara and said, "If the string holds it will tilt Galateah and her Gust attack in whichever direction Pinsir tries to run."

Felix looked back at the battle thinking, "Plus, being tied like that, Gust won't blow Pinsir away, so he'll just receive the damage head on."

Felix seemed confident in this strategy Would he be perhaps too confident? After all, his strategy literally hung by a thread.

Last edited by Eraizaa-kun; 02-03-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

BP

Not a bad idea. I could tell right away what Felix was planning on doing. Pinsir would be at the mercy of Galateah’s Gust once in the air; the power of the attack wouldn’t be lowered by anything solid between it and its target, and Pinsir would be unable to evade the attack or even counterattack.

However, Butterfree was a relatively light Pokemon, rarely going above seventy pounds. Pinsir, on the other hand, usually weighed a good 120 lbs, and so the stag beetle had a good fifty pounds at least on Galateah. As a result, she had to put a lot of effort into getting airborne. Poor Pinsir was already being buffeted by the backdraft of Galateah’s large wings, and when the Butterfree started pumping out her Gust to get higher, it put even more force on the bug’s body.

It also put more force on the thread holding him in the air. Only a few seconds after the attack was begun, the String Shot, already under a considerable amount of strain from Pinsir’s weight, snapped. Pinsir was at least fifteen feet up, and he free-fell back towards the ground with a screech. Thankfully, he landed in a large bush, and his tough exoskeleton provided enough defense to keep him from getting scratched up or stabbed by any branches. Even though he wasn’t really hurt by the fall, it seemed the tumble had made his heart rate and pulse skyrocket; the dazed insect was breathing rapidly and in obvious pain because of the poison moving all the faster through his body.

Clicking his pincers together, Pinsir eventually clambered from the bush and clenched his clawed hands into tight fists. He tilted his body back, his mandibles grinding together as he glared at the Butterfree above us. Still panting and twitching, he cast about before finding a large stone half-buried in the dirt and leaves. He scuttled to it and grabbed it with both hands, digging his claws into the stone and heaving it free from the ground. Screeching fiercely, he twisted his upper body and, with a powerful fling, sent the rock hurtling through the air towards Galateah. Despite the force with which it had been flung, though, it was hard to tell if it would actually manage to even go high enough to hit the Butterfree. After all, the poison was quickly beginning to take its toll on the beetle.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Na´ve Female Butterfree: 88% [Tailwind Count: 2]
-? Male Pinsir: 41.79% <Stone Edge> [[PSN] ; Hyper Cutter Ability ; Speed Decreased]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-9 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100%

-Naive Female Butterfree (TM Psychic ; TM Hidden Power [Electric] ; TM SolarBeam ; TM Nightmare) <Compoundeyes Ability> <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>
88%

100%

100%

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-12-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

OOC: Wow...I'll be completely honest, the whole strategy was mainly to use Pinsir's weight to put strain on the string, thus forcing Galateah to face in the direction of the string making her aim at Pinsir. I never considered the possibility of her actually lifting Pinsir into the air. O_o

Felix paid attention to Pinsir's movement and noticed, not only that he was tired, but that he was preparing an attack.

As soon as Felix saw him throw something, he looked up and yelled, "Galateah, use Psychic to stop that stone in place!"

Galateah was a bit scared to see something that sharp headed towards her, but she quickly calmed down and focused, hoping to be able to use her mental abilities to stop the stone from coming closer.

Thinking that Galateah was successful in stopping Pinsir's attack, Felix smiled at his Butterfree and said, "Okay Galateah, he's getting tired, so let's finish this. Drop down some Sleep Powder and guide it with Psychic."

Felix took out a Superball as he imagined Galateah's future move. The blue Sleep Powder sparkling in the air, all suddenly turning into a spiral with Galateah as its center piece commanding the strange dust with her mind. It's the sort of flashy stuffs Galateah would do.

Felix looked back at Pinsir, aiming his Superball at him. Wether Galateah was successful or not, he would still try to capture that Pokemon.

OOC2: "hoping to" "Thinking that" Yeah, I left it open so that wether Stone Edge hits or not is still up to you. ^^;
Old 02-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

BP

Felix was a quick thinker, and that saved his Pokemon from a nasty blow. The Stone Edge attack did indeed have the momentum to reach Galateah, but she managed to halt it mere inches from striking her via her telekinetic powers. The stone hung, motionless, for a moment before falling earthward, hitting the ground with a loud crash that sent birds from the forest canopy for several yards.

After that, Felix commanded Galateah to use Sleep Powder, guided by a Psychic in order to make sure it hit. As the Butterfree flapped her wings to dislodge the scales coated with a fine blue powder, her Trainer took a Superball, absentmindedly it seemed, and watched his Pokemon carrying out her orders.

Within seconds, blue-spore-covered scales stared drifting from Galateah’s wings. Pinsir, who was too busy gasping from the effort of heaving the stone, was unaware that the Sleep Powder was slowly falling towards him. Nor did he notice when the sparkling scales took on a lavender hue, each individual scale being enveloped by a cocoon of psychic energy. The whole wave was drawn into a funnel shape, with the wider end pointing down. Boosted by the psychic energy, the Sleep Powder cloud fell faster, completely covering Pinsir.

The stag beetle finally realized all was not well, seeming to have forgotten, thanks to the poison wracking his system, that he was in the middle of a battle. Giving a feeble screech, he cast about for something to throw, but thanks to how much he was gasping for breath, he quickly started to succumb to the effects of Galateah’s Sleep Powder. It wasn’t long before the insect staggered a few steps and then collapsed forward, his pincers twitching faintly.

I then noticed an object go flying through the air; a Superball. Apparently, Eli had just thrown it. I watched as it spun towards Pinsir, coming down to land on the beetle's back. It opened and sucked the Pokemon inside, then clicked shut and fell to the ground. It wiggled once, quite feebly, and then immediately fell still. Clearly, Pinsir was in no condition to break free.

"Good job!" I praised the young man. "A lot of people wouldn't have been able to pull off a battle like that, but you did it fairly well."

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS (AFTER BATTLE):

-Na´ve Female Butterfree: 88% [Tailwind Count: 2]
-? Male Pinsir: 23.04% [PSN ; SLP ; Hyper Cutter Ability ; Speed Decreased]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-9 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100%

88%

100%

100%

Total Items: Parkballs x 10, Super Balls x 3, Hyper Balls x 3, Supreme Parkball x 1, Digital Camera, Digital Camera Powerlens, Max Potion x 2, Full Heal x 2

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung
Rash Male Pinsir

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-12-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Felix was really excited to have made this capture. Both he and Nancy ran towards the Superball that was left still on the floor, but right before they reached it, Galateah swoop down and clung onto Felix, knocking him back into the ground.

"Ow...Yeah, Galateah, that was your best performance yet. Just take a little break now," said Felix as he returned his cheerful Butterfree back into her ball.

Nancy picked up the Superball and gave it to Felix.

"Alright, now where to go?" he said as he looked around and felt lost for a moment.

He quickly grabbed a twig left in the aftermath of the battle and tossed it into the air. The twig spun around in the air due to the single leaf still in it and dropped to the floor. The leaf pointed northwest.

"Okay, that way it is," said Felix as he began walking in that direction being follow closely by Nancy.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

NBP

I chuckled at Felix’s method of determining where to go, then hurriedly followed after him as he started to walk off. I took the lead and paused to look back at the young man behind me, taking on a serious expression for a moment.

“It’s not a good idea to go rushing off like that,” I told him. “A Ranger’s first duty is to ensure the safety of their Trainer, so let me be at the fore in case we run into anything nasty, okay? It wouldn’t look good if the Head Ranger let a Trainer get hurt because she was trailing along at the rear, would it?” I smiled then, to show I wasn’t angry, just offering helpful advice. I then started walking again, looking this way and that as I took in the surroundings and kept an eye out for any potential threats. To help me out with that, I let my Floatzel, Dagger, out of his PokeBall. The sea weasel materialized in a flash of white light, stretching and glancing around with a bored expression. I glanced back at Felix and Nancy, saying, “Guys, meet Dagger, my Floatzel. Dagger, these are Felix and Nancy, our charges.”

“Float,” Dagger said as a manner of greeting, though he wasn’t really paying attention. He was staring around, his boredom quickly giving way to barely-restrained excitement. There were a lot of strong, dangerous Pokemon dwelling in this place, and Dagger loved nothing more than to show off how brave and strong he was. Egotistical was more like it, though; the Floatzel had no fear because he was FAR too confident in his strength. Not that he wasn’t a tough little creature, but he wouldn’t hesitate to attack a Steelix if it so much as looked like it would try anything. He could be a bit…stubborn.

We continued on, eventually reaching a portion of the area that was extremely dense. Very little light managed to get through the canopy, and heavy vines hung from just about every branch, threatening to strangle us if we weren’t careful. The thick shadows made it hard to see the twisting roots and bushes that jutted from the ground, and the several layers of leaf litter hid holes and dips until you stumbled into them. I came to a stop and waved for the others to do the same, and Dagger glared around as he growled softly.

“We need to be very careful,” I said in a soft voice. “Some of the more violent Pokemon live in this part of the Woods, and not only that, there are a lot of threats from the surroundings themselves. The vines can easily tangle you up and the stuff underfoot can trip you, or you could step into a hole and twist or even break an ankle. So walk slowly and keep your eyes peeled, and we should be just fine. Thankfully, this is the only spot like this, and it’s not a very big one. It’ll thin out after about fifty yards or so.”

I had just fallen silent when I spotted movement not far away to the left. I focused on it and so did Dagger; the Pokemon’s growling got louder a little. I quickly saw why; even in the gloom of the place, it was clear to see what the creature moving around in the lower branches of that tree was a Primeape. The Pokemon’s sturdy body was covered in wiry, cream-colored hair, and its arms and legs were a dark tan hue. It was tailless, but that didn’t hamper its agility in the trees. It nimbly leapt from branch to branch before jumping to the ground, the thick, gray circlets around its ankles and wrists glinting dully in the scant amount of light.

“That’s one of the things we have to watch out for,” I told Felix. “Primape and Mankey are very common here, and like anywhere else, they have very short fuses.”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-8 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100%

88%

100%

100%

Total Items: Parkballs x 10, Super Balls x 3, Hyper Balls x 3, Supreme Parkball x 1, Digital Camera, Digital Camera Powerlens, Max Potion x 2, Full Heal x 2

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)
Primeape (Encounter 7)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung
Rash Male Pinsir

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-15-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Felix quickly noticed the Primeape and shielded his eyes from it with his hand. He looked down towards Nancy and noticed her look up at the wild Pokemon so he quickly tapped her head to make her look forward instead.

"I don't want to risk you looking at it in the eyes. Let's just keep moving forward," said Felix as he kept walking carefully through the tricky terrain, not daring to look back until he was 100% sure the Primeape was gone.

He looked towards Ranger Sara and said, "I heard they hold a grudge with anyone who makes eye contact with them. I'm not sure if it's just a myth, but I can't take my chances."
Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

NBP

I nodded and led the way, taking us in a wide curve to help avoid Primeape. It didn’t notice us, as it seemed too busy looking for food. I couldn’t chance looking away from it, in case it spotted us and charged. At this distance I didn’t think eye contact was really possible, especially in the gloom and with all manner of foliage in the way, but I did my best to only watch it from the corner of my eye. No sense in tempting Fate, as they say.

I noticed Felix looking back at me a few minutes after Primeape was out of sight and turned to face him fully as he said, "I heard they hold a grudge with anyone who makes eye contact with them. I'm not sure if it's just a myth, but I can't take my chances."

“It’s true all right,” I answered. “Many animals consider eye contact to be a challenge. It shows you’re confident in your strength and aren’t afraid to show it. In animals and Pokemon that live in groups with specific ranks, this is especially true. Showing you’re not afraid to appear strong is a way of telling others you’re not afraid to try and dominate them. In troops of Mankey and Primeape, this is taken to a new level because of their short tempers. No one likes being made to look weak, and those are two Pokemon species that loathe it. By making eye contact with one, you’re challenging its strength and the rank it holds in its troop, and this makes them very, VERY angry.”

I cast about for a moment, checking to make sure the Primeape was gone and no others were around, then rubbed my hands together and looked back at Felix as I came to a stop.

“At any rate, we seem to have gotten away without being noticed,” I said, my voice at a normal level now instead of pitched low. “We won’t be in this thick patch for much longer, but until we’re out of it, keep your eyes out. The troop that Primeape is a part of is probably nearby somewhere, and the last thing we want is to bumble right into one of those things.”

I turned away and was met with the sight of something slowly wiggling about four feet in front of me. It was small and red, shaped like a turtle shell. At first I thought some small animal was tugging a fallen fruit to its home, but then I spotted a slender, cream-yellow appendage rise from the object’s left side. The thing then turned and faced me, and I realized I was looking at a Shuckle beginning to emerge from its shell. Two legs the same color as the Pokemon’s neck and head slid from the small black holes in the side of the shell, and I knew on the other side its other legs would be coming out. The shell continued to wiggle lethargically as the Bug stretched each limb in turn.

“Hey, a Shuckle,” I said, stepping aside so Felix could see it. They don’t usually hang around in this part of the forest; they have poor eyesight to begin with, and all the debris on the ground makes it hard for them to move around. I wonder what it’s doing here…?”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-7 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100%

88%

100%

100%

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)
Primeape (Encounter 7)
Shuckle (Encounter 8)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung
Rash Male Pinsir

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-17-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

OOC: Sorry for taking long. I lost my internet connection and all. I'm using some wireless connection I found. = )

Felix looked curious at the Shuckle and wondered the same thing, but he did recall Shuckle being sturdy and not so easy to deal with. He just kept walking.

"It probably has its reasons. Either way, I don't feel like facing something that tough. Let's keep going," said Felix, hoping the Ranger would lead the way.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

NBP

I shrugged and carefully stepped around the Shuckle, who watched us with sleepy eyes, and took the lead as we walked on. Thankfully, the forest started to open up before too long, and shortly after we left behind the dense area that usually made Trainers want to leave. I glanced back at my charges and smiled.

"How you guys holding up back there? Need a rest?" I asked. If the terrain was difficult to navigate, as it was here, I tended to ask every twenty or so minutes if the Trainer with me needed a break. Most of the time they didn't, since Trainers were usually used to hoofing it all over the place, but it was polite to make sure they were keeping up all right.

Before Felix could answer, I heard an angry screech and yelped as something came flying at me from under a bush to the right. I jumped back, just barely avoiding a collision, and watched as my assailant, a Meowth, landed on the path in front of me. It hissed loudly, back arched and creamy fur bristling, its brown ears laid against its skull. Its curly-tipped tail lashed the air in whipping movements, and the Pokemon's curving claws were tearing up the packed dirt path. It was clearly very upset for some reason, and I hastily stepped back another step or two so I could dodge if it jumped again.

"That little bugger sure is angry about something," I commented, shooting a look at Felix. "If you want a Meowth you could try to battle it, but I highly suggest moving on if you can live without one. This one's already pretty worked up, so it'll be tough to battle. Your call though."

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-6 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100%

88%

100%

100%

Lickitung {Encounter 1}
Rattata {Encounter 2}
Surskit {Encounter 3}
Ledyba {Encounter 4}
Ursaring (Encounter 5)
Pinsir (Encounter 6)
Primeape (Encounter 7)
Shuckle (Encounter 8)
Meowth (Encounter 9)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Serious Male Lickitung
Rash Male Pinsir

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 02-22-2010 at 02:15 PM.